US$ 720.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Extra night in Aguas Calientes town after your trek
ADVANTAGES of this Tour: Allow you spend more extra time in Machupicchu after your guided tour and you can explore in your own other amazing areas at this unique sanctuary and return again to the temples or sectors for pictures or rituals.
Gives you the oportunity to climb Huaynapicchu mountain on Day 4th or the next day (Organize a Ticket in advance directly with the Park Office US$60 fee per person or let us know to purchase your ticket) or walk to the Inca Bridge trail still without any restrictions. Walk downhill for an hour to Aguas Calientes town.
Visit the renewed Julio C Tello- Museum and the Botanical & Orchids Garden near Puente Ruinas (old Machupicchu Train Station).
Relax in the Hot Springs open pools at late afternoon at town (10 soles) if you like or get to bed early after a big day. Dinner at Hostal Viajeros and accommodation in private rooms.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
Machu Picchu The Lost City of the Incas was elected in the 7 New Wonders of the World on July 2007.
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... ! The advantage of this option over the standard 4 day trek with return on the 4th afternoon is that you can spend the whole day in Machu Picchu and then soak in the hotsprings in the evening in Aguas Calientes rather than take a 4 hour journey back to Cusco this night!
Distance: 45 Km / 28 Miles
Duration: 4 Days +extra night in Aguas Calientes
When to go: The best time to visit is April through October, it’s the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the dry season.
Altitude: 2680m/8817ft to 4200m/13818ft
Difficulty: The trek is rated moderate, any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route (entire trek is practically 3 full days ( 6-8 hrs walk) on Day 4 only 2-3 hrs to reach MP).
Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC
Note that the Inca Trail is closed February.
The night before of your tour at 7:00 pm in our Office at Calle Garcialso 270 -Cusco.
Pre-departure 30-40 minutes briefing presented by your trek guides and opportunity to meet the other participants in your group.
To see the dates still possible for inca trail start dates click on this link http://online-systems.co/reservas/availability/
Bus to Km 82/ 28miles / 45 Km walk to Machupicchu/ Bus to Aguas Calientes/ Train to Ollantaytambo
We highly recommend MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
Inca Trail 4Day/4Night with extra night in Aguas Calientes -Group Service
Last Minute Information
- PERMITS FOR CLASSIC INCA TRAIL ARE LIMITED EVERY YEAR... WE RECOMMEND YOU TO BOOK (9-6 months in advance) 5 Day/4Nights, 4 Day/4Night, 4Day/3 Night hikes on: March,July, August, September, October, Nov and December 2018 are AVAILABLE.) WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU to -ACT NOW! AND SIGN UP ASAP. PERMITS on April, May and June are SOLD OUT. We are very sorry… but do not be discouraged or disappointed yet we have other wonderful treks to Machu Picchu that are worth walking to: (2 DAYS, 3 DAYS SHORT INCA TRAIL, LARES HIKE 4 DAY , LARES + SHORT INCA TRAIL 4 DAY, SALKANTAY 5 DAY... ARE AVAILABLE AROUND THE YEAR.) HURRY UP...JOIN US ... BOOK NOW!**
- Our Price: US$ 720 per person / $ 680 with Univ Student card or under 16 y.o
- Booking deposit required $300 pp ... (Group of friends, couples, SOLO travellers... WELCOME with SAS Travel ... no extra hidden fees.)
- OPEN GROUPS for 2018 - 2019:... BOOK NOW! and JOIN US!
- SEE HERE BEFORE BOOKING: (AVAILABILITY -REAL TIME)
- CLASSIC INCA TRAIL: 4Day/3Night, 4Day/4Night, 5Day/4Night.
- JANUARY 2018: 31 $690 per person (Based in Twin Double tent)
- MARCH: 4 , 6, 8, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 30 $690 p/person
- MARCH: 2,3, 5,7, 8, 9, 10,14,18,19, 21,23,24,27,28,29 $790 pp (4-8 person group)
- APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY 2018: -FULLY BOOKED permits are SOLD OUT.
- AUG: 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25
- SEPT: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25
- OCT: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25
- NOV: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25
- DEC: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25
- NOTE.- Dates from 25 to 31 on months above are AVAILABLE
- HOW TO BOOK: Once you have checked our open groups departures. Choose on the Calendar -left side (Leaving Dates), the date of your preference. Select the month, year and click on your interested date. Fill in out with your personal details, then below fill in out details of your group in Traveling with, once you have finalized your online booking you will receive an email with a reservation code (Purchase number). Pay your booking deposit to confirm your spots on Step 3 with Visa or MC or through Paypal. Booking deposit required US$ 300.00 per person. Or See below for more details in: Booking Information.
- This is our classic 4 Day/4 Night Inca Trail trek -- a popular option for good reason! It’s a moderate trek that passes through stunning scenery and a number of fascinating archaeological sites on the way to Machu Picchu, where you’ll have a guided tour and time to explore the site on your own. Night in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs. Next day Train return to Ollantaytambo at 08:45 am.
- SAS Travel Highlights:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel: we never place you with other tour operators.
- Permits for the Inca Trail trek are limited and must be reserved and purchased well in advance (only 200 hikers can walk this popular trek each day). We therefore operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will need to book and pay your deposit (down payment) far in advance. For high season (April to November), we recommend booking 6 to 8 months in advance. For low season (December to March), we recommend 3 to 4 months in advance. Please contact us with any questions about Inca Trail permits and booking a trek.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu: If you would like to walk up Huayna Picchu Mountain after the trek and tour of the Machu Picchu archaeological site, please let us know ASAP as passes are also limited. The admission is US$85.00 per person (US$40 pp for students with ISIC card), which we’ll add to your booking deposit so we can purchase your tickets for the second Huaynapicchu turn at 11:00 a.m. Alternatively, we recommend booking our 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu Mountain.
- -- -
- Special: 7 Day / 6 Night Classic Inca Trail trek, Cusco and Hotel Marqueses Package. This includes a Cusco and Sacred Valley tour, as well as the classic Inca Trail hike with 6 kg porter service, for US$920.00 per person. You can read more about this offer here: 7 Day Classic Inca Trail Package.
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 10% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. To reserve please contact Miguel at: [email protected] but you must also indicate your tour reservation code with SAS Travel.
Find more information here: MARQUESES Boutique Hotel “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel. We are very proud of our passionate, highly experienced and bilingual Peruvian guides -- and we’re sure you’ll be impressed by them, too! They provide extensive and accurate historical and archaeological information about the Incas as they guide our trekkers around the various sites along the Inca Trail, as well as a memorable and informative guided tour of Machu Picchu.
We hike in small groups that give you a more intimate experience, and we provide plenty of flexibility in the tour schedule to give you greater choice and freedom: spending more time in places you like and less in places you are not so interested in.
Our experienced team of local porters will carry our tents, food and cooking equipment and assist trekkers when required. They also set up our camp each day. Our cooks prepare delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products. Once you complete the Inca Trail trek, you’ll have a celebratory meal in Aguas Calientes -- and you’ll even receive a certificate of achievement!
Many items are included in our Inca Trail trek, such as the return to Cusco on the Expedition train, trekking permits and entrance fees.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or from Sacred Valley.
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dinning and cooking tents,table,stools,cooking gear, stove, gas container,cutlery,plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent clean, new, spacious (4 person dome igloo tents).
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snacks at Machupicchu before your tour. (no extra cost).
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Buffet Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Double room with breakfast.
- Expedition train return to Ollanta at 08:50 am (Transport from Ollanta to Cusco extra 15 Soles)
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visit, explore and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.
- Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and Buffet lunch on day 4th (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel (We never put you with other tour operators).
What is not Included:
- Down -Sleeping bag ( -Minus 8ºC) USD$ 25.00
- Thermal rest inflatable mattress USD$ 25.00
- Shared porter for 8 Kg, 12 Kg or 16 Kg (we provide a duffel bag).
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes. Optional (10 soles)
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters.
- Flight Ticket to Cusco. Accommodation in Cusco.
- Travel Insurance.- We recommend book with: World Nomade Insurance.
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:
- Personal porter for 8 Kg US $80.00 SAS Travel provides a porter duffle bag.
- Personal porter for 12 Kg US $120.00 SAS Travel provides a porter duffle bag.
- Personal porter for 16 Kg US $160.00 SAS Travel provides a porter duffle bag.
- Down sleeping bag minus 8 ºC (US$ 25.00 for the entire trek)
- Inflatable Thermal-rest mattress US$25.00 for entire trek.
- Single tent US$ 70.00 (If you travel solo and is your choice.)
- Trekking poles US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek)
- Backpack (30 Liters) US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek )
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu Mt. USD$ 85.00, USD$ 45.00 with ISIC student card.
- Vistadome Train + car return to Cusco (Up-grade train return) extra USD$ 60.00 per person. (This service generally departs at 15:25 pm from Aguas Calientes Station and arrives at 18:40 pm to Poroy (Cusco) Train Station then a 30 minutes private vehicle to Cusco.)
- Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town included in this tour is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpful staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, good locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room. It is about 10 minutes from the hot spring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour to make it accessible for everyone but if you are wanting a better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- Up-Grading Hotels in Aguas Calientes. (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -Inkaterra US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Inkaterra US$ 260.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- Belmond Machupicchu Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- If you are travelling by yourself the Up-Grading cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person. Please bring and present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations.
- BOX LUNCH.- Hostel Viajeros offers box lunches to take to Machu Picchu but you must request this on your first day or in the office Cost is US$10 pp. Includes: 2 sandwichs ( eg: chicken and salad and ham and cheese) vegetarian (salad roll and cheese and tomato and avocado or made to your request) 750 ml bottle of water or 750 ml bottle of soda/ cool drink, one fruit (mandarine or banana) chocolate or packet biscuits.
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-350 extra soles
- What Inca Trail Trek to Choose ? (If you have a bit of extra time we recommend you choose the Inca Trail tour option:).
- Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mt. and Aguas Calientes town 5 Days/ 4Nights.- We definitely believe that if you are doing the Inca Trail trek and also want to climb Huaynapicchu mountain then your best value for money if you have 5 Days is this option. This programe is for those people who want to do the Inca Trail trek, stay overnight in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs pools, second visit of Machupicchu and walk the Huayna Picchu mountain on day 5th.(The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca Trail permit to simply add the Huaynapicchu permit . They only sell the Huaynapicchu permit combined with a Machupicchu entrance fee so is costly.) To get the best value from this you should stay the night in Aguas Calientes and re-visit Machupicchu the next day with your walk up Huaynapicchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machupicchu. This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather ! So this package includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th Day and permit to walk Huaynapicchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 9:00 pm on your 5th Day. (Guide, Bus tickets on Day 5th and Lunch are not included).
- What is Huayna Picchu Mountain walk.-. Huaynapicchu is the steep mountain, towering above the north end Machupicchu, often the backdrop to many photos of the ruins. It looks a bit daunting from below, but while steep, it's not an unusually difficult ascent, and most reasonably fit persons shouldn't have a problem. Stone steps are laid along most of the path, and in the steeper sections steel cables provide a supporting handrail. That said, expect to be out of breath, and take care in the steeper portions, especially when wet, as it can become dangerous quickly. There's a tiny cave near the top that must be passed through, it is quite low and a rather tight squeeze. Take care at the peak, it can be somewhat precarious, and those afraid of heights may want to hang out just below. For most trekkers the wiews are awesome and inspiring. There's also a few ruins near the top. If visiting these ruins, you'll see a second way to start making your descent down the mountain, along some very steep and shallow steps.... these steps are a bit dangerous if wet, but the hike may be well worthwhile. This hike is one of your best bets for getting away from Machu Picchu crowds. Access to Huaynapicchu is limited to 400 visitors per day split In 2 sessions one at 7:00 am and the other at 11.00 am. The 11.00 am time slot is the most popular and so for high season may have to be booked a month in advance and fit just after your group guided tour of the sanctuary. The cost is $75.00 or $40.00 if you have scanned through a valid ISIC card.
- What is MachuPicchu Montaña walk.- When permits for HuaynaPicchu mountain are sold out you will have only this option, it is a 4 hours walk to the mountain located at the left of the citadel, from the Sun´s Gate left side mountain when you walk down to the citadel.
- Where this tour start.- All our tours as Classic Inca Trail to MachuPicchu hikes 4Day/3Night , 4Day/4Night or 5Day/4Night, short 2 Day/1Night Inca Trail, alternatives hikes to Salkantay, Lares, HuchuyQosqo, Choquequirao, Auzangate, tours by train to Machupicchu, Jungle trips to Manu Park, trips to Puerto Maldonado start from Cusco, located at 3,400 masl in the southwest mountains region of Peru. Cusco (the centre of the Inca civilization) is the oldest Inka´s ancient capital called Tawantinsuyo, now it is a beautiful and impresive city in Peru with many Inca temples around blended with the Spanish heritage and rich architecture history and Art which from long time ago was named as the Rome of America. Cusco is still not a big city compared Lima or Arequipa, quite safe, a 10 minutes ride from the airport and you are at the centre of Cusco, more than 20 churches,monasteries and Plazas and most of travellers found this city very beautiful, with many good restaurants and shops where staff speak english, most people here speak spanish and Quichua the Inka´s language, official taxis for less than $1.5 per service (3-4 Soles)... then after your great days in Cusco and arounds you can continue visiting Manu National Park, Jungle trips to Puerto Maldonado, Colca Canyon in Arequipa, Nazca Lines, Paracas Reserve, Ballestas Islands, the Lake Titikaca in Puno or still visit Copacabana, Sun Island, Uyuni Salar in Bolivia.
- What is the easiest way to reach Cusco.- Get a flight from Lima (Peru´s capital city) located at the coast near Pacific Ocean at 0 -cero masl , there are several air companies as Taca (Avianca),StarPeru, Peruvian Airlines and the expensive Lan, it takes 1 hour (most of the flights are early in the morning and afternoon). Bus from Lima to Cusco takes 24 Hrs (Cruz del Sur, Oltursa and Civa are rec bus companies if you have plenty of time and your desire is explore the coast).
- Acclimatization for your hike Inca Trail, Salkantay,Lares Choquequirao, Auzangate treks.- Once you arrive to Cusco located at 3,400 masl .. see how many meters high it is from Lima, you may feel a headache and a little tired, best advice is to rest and coca tea, people feel better after a cup a coca leaf tea. For all our hikes around Cusco and MachuPicchu you will need to walk up to over 4,000 masl (more than 1,000 meters) to have this espectacular views from the Andes so you need to acclimate and prepare your body to cope with the mountains while you can hike around Cusco (2-3 days...) see the Sacred Valley with Pisaq, the South Valley with Tipon, The Barroque route & Urcos lake, Maras Moray and Salt Mines, see museums, colonial casonas, Inca´s temples, Plazas and Markets around Cusco.
Frequently Asked Questions
- After checking the Availability page for this tour,(many of our tour are offered as a Daily Departures) book online and create a reservation code. (If you are travelling as a couple or in a group, please add person´s details as indicated: Travelling with: (write name and surname, passport number, Date of birth and Nationality.)
- Once you have sent your booking, you will receive a Reservation code (e.g: 240611001). (If you don´t receive an immediate email reply please check your spam file or email us: [email protected]) Pay immediately a deposit online on Step 3 with your reservation code. (Pay a deposit for you or for your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets in the same group).
- 1. Pay a booking deposit online with VISA or MasterCard. US$315.00 per person (US$300 + 5% card fee). Or US$ 404.25 per person for Inca trail + Huayna Picchu Ticket (US$385 + 5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2. Pay a booking deposit with PayPal. US$300.00 per person or
- US$385.00 per person (Inca trail + Huayna Picchu pass). * Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- For group bookings (4-5 person) only when there are plenty of permits for this trek you can transfer your deposit to our Bank in Peru. Ask for more details [email protected] Updated Availability and Booking deposit page: Click Here to Pay Online
- Final Payment: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes) you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email. [email protected] (Javier) with your final confirmation and indicating any extra items to be added. We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You’ll need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS: Inca Trail 4D/4N with extra night in Aguas Calientes
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems or misunderstandings as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is not included in the trek. Due to limited availabilty, (only 400 people per day), we recommend you reserve and pay immediately if you are interested in doing this climb. Please let us know as soon as possible, make the payment (US$70.00 per adult / US$ 40.00 per student who send an ISIC student card at the time of payment) and please send us a copy of your payment and request to [email protected] This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 10:30 after your guided tour of Machupicchu.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then make your final payment either entering the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or via western union or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and final briefing details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change if not done at least 5 weeks in advance is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Unless you hire an extra shared porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and a mattress (both 3.8 Kgms), personal items, clothing and water for the day to drink, if you want an extra shared porter (for the full trip) you must indicate this in your reservation form as they require permits as well or send us an email immediately. ([email protected])
- 8.- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENTS.-
- A- Cancellation of tour once a permit has been registered and confirmed incurs a loss of (US$ 300.00) Non-refundable booking deposit.
- B- Cancellation of tour within 60 Days to 41 Days of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total cost…
- C- Cancellation of tour within 40 Days to 35 Days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total cost…
- D- Cancellation of tour within 34 days to 15 Days of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total cost…
- E- Cancellation of tour within 14 Days to 72 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- …However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge, if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 70.00 pp or with a Vistadome upgrade US $85.00 pp. Simple Accommodation in Aguas Calientes is provided.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machupicchu admission in other tour such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machupicchu, if the entrance dates match etc
- 10.- Inca Trail 4D/4Nights Group Service includes simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes and we ask you to please read the Recommendations in the web page http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/614/inca-trail-4day4night-with-extra-night-in-aguas-calientes-group-service incase you would like to upgrade to a hotel option. Also the train on day 5 is just before 9am to Ollantaytambo. ( unless you specified at the time of booking a alternative afternoon train option) Please note this service ends in Ollantaytambo and bus transport is available from here to Cusco.
- 11.- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport to any and all hotel accomodations with the foreign passengers TAM ( the immigration slip you receive when passing through the border)for exemption from local taxes. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” so your Tam has expired, or your stay is for more than 60 days…. the 18% tax will have to be charged according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You must bring your passport and Tam slip to the office in Cusco for your checkin.
- 12 Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 13.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 14.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 15.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 16.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 17.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- Ensure you give the office the full details of your accomodation in Cusco and attend the briefing the night before the trek.
- I have read and accept the conditions.