You are here:
INCA TRAIL CLASSIC TREKS to MACHU PICCHU. > Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mountain & Aguas Calientes 5D/4N - Group Service.
Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mountain & Aguas Calientes 5D/4N - Group Service.
Last Minute Information
- Inca Trail trek permits are limited every year (only 200 spots are offered daily) and there is a high demand for this trek, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... you must book and pay a deposit (downpayment) in advance, so we can apply and secure your spots. (For high season (April to November 8-6 months in advance.) on (Low season December to March 4-3 months in advance.) Permits and spots in our group are available on few days on March, (on April, May, June, July and most days on August are fully booked...then on September, October, November and December 2016 are available. (Short Inca Trail 2 Day or 3 Day version are available from March to December). Alternative Treks to Salkantay 5 Day or Lares Valley 4 Day are available from March to October.)
- HOW TO BOOK.- Permits for Inca Trail trek are getting fully book quickly... we strongly advise that you make a booking and pay a downpayment asap... (BEFORE BOOKING ON THE CALENDAR PLEASE): CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE OR Register your details on Step 2 , generate a code to pay a downpayment on Step 3 with Visa or MC (US$ 315 per person) or pay with PayPal to SAS Travel Peru (US$ 318 per person). See more directions on: Booking Information
- PLEASE NOTE.- This availability page is only for Inca trail treks,(2 or 3 Day version of short Inca Trail are available from March to December.) Alternative treks as 5 Day Salkantay, 4 Day Lares Trek, 3 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek and Manu jungle trips ...for all other tours and treks shown in our webpage we offer Daily Departures permits are not necessary so book directly on the page of the tour and pay a deposit (downpayment) online.
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu Mt.- (This walk will be closed from April 1st to 15th on 2016). If you would like to walk the Huaynapicchu mountain after the guided tour at Machupicchu, please let us know asap and add to your booking deposit, passes are also limited... the admission is USD$ 75 per person so we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am. (for students with ISIC card USD$40 pp). OR book this option: 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu mt
- SPECIAL: 7 Day / 6 Night Classic Inca Trail trek, Cusco and Hotel Marqueses Package. Cusco, Sacred Valley, Classic Inca Trail hike with 6 Kg porterage service. Bookings for Dec 2015 and tours on 2016. Find more information here: 7 Day Classic Inca Trail Package USD$ 920.00 per person (Based in Double accommodation). Free up-grade to Deluxe or Suite room at MARQUESES Hotel in Cusco.*
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from Dec 1st 2015 to APRIL 15th 2016). For months May- Oct- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in US$ cash.www.hotelmarqueses.com
This programe is for those people who want to do the Classic Inca Trail trek and climb the HuaynaPicchu mountain found inside the Machu Picchu site.(2-3 Hrs) The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca trail permit to simply add the Huayna Picchu permit valued at about US$15.00 to it. They only sell the Huayna Picchu permit combined with a Machu Picchu entrance and this cost is US$ 75 (Included in this Package, bus from Aguas Calientes on Day 5th not included).
To get the best value from this US$75 you should stay the night in Aguas Calientes and re-visit Machu Picchu the next day with your climb up Huayna Picchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machu Picchu (A walk to Inca bridge can complete this great experience). This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather!.
So this package includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th day and permit to climb Huayna Picchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 9:00 pm on your 5th day.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or Sacred Valley (07:20 am).
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- Full board meals for the entire tour (5 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 4 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cook, assistants.
- Permit for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table,stools and cooking gear.
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent (clean,new spacious 4 person dome igloo tent)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- Toilet tent with biodegradable system.
- 3-4 guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snack at Machupicchu before your tour.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu tour.
- Accommodation in private room in Aguas Calientes with Breakfast.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- On Day 5th 2nd Entrance to Machu Picchu plus permit to climb Huayna Picchu ( bus tickets not included, independant walk to the mountain without a guide.)
- Tourist Expedition train at 16:00 Hrs return to Cusco train Station. (Poroy Station 25 minutes near Cusco.)
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visit, explore and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.
- Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and Buffet lunch on day 4th (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel, we never put you with other tour operators.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (-Minus 8ºC) US$25 for 3 nights
- Thermal rest inflatable mattress USD$ 25
- Shared porter for 8 Kg US$80 (we provide a duffle bag).
- Trekking poles US$20 a pair
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (10 soles)
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Extra drinks, bottle water
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu US$12 each way on 5th Day as you may like to walk one way when returning to Machu Picchu to climb Huayna Picchu.
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters. It`s a tradition but not mandatory.
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:
- Personal porter for 9 Kg US $80.00 We lend a porter duffle bag.
- Down sleeping bag minus 8 ºC (US$ 25.00 for the entire trek)
- Inflatable Thermal-rest mattress US$25.00 for entire trek.
- Single tent US$ 70.00 (If you travel solo and is your choice.)
- Trekking poles US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek)
- Backpack (30 Liters) US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek )
- Vistadome Train + car return to Cusco (Up-grade train return) extra USD$ 60.00 per person. (This service generally departs at 15:25 pm from Aguas Calientes Station and arrives at 18:40 pm to Poroy (Cusco) Train Station then a 30 minutes private vehicle to Cusco.)
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel at the office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- .WHAT INCA TRAIL TREK TO CHOOSE ??? (If you have a bit of extra time we recommend you choose the Inca Trail tour option:).
- 1.- Inca Trail 4 Days/ 4Nights with overnigth at Aguas Calientes town -Group Service.: This is exactly the same 4 Day/3Night tour but the advantage is you can spend few more hours or the entire 4th day till 5pm in Machu Picchu site and not have to come down early for a 4.5 hours train journey back to Cusco at the end of this long day .... Instead you can relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes town in the evening and the package includes your dinner on Day 4 and your breakfast on Day 5th plus a room with private bathroom for only US$ 30.00 extra per person, (organize a pack lunch for Machupicchu with your guide so you don´t need to go down earlier ). The train journey is incredible beautiful so you want to be able to appreciate this in day light hours, the train will depart Aguas Calientes just before 9:00 am and arrives to Ollantaytambo at 11.30 am then you can enjoy visiting this charming town before taking a bus to Cusco from here. (Transport to Cusco 10 Soles bus not included.) From bus terminal 50 meter near train station.
- 2.- Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mt. and Aguas Calientes town 5 Days/ 4Nights.- We definitely believe that if you are doing the Inca Trail trek and also want to climb Huaynapicchu mountain then your best value for money if you have 5 Days is this option. This programe is for those people who want to do the Inca Trail trek, stay overnight in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs pools, second visit of Machupicchu and walk the Huayna Picchu mountain on day 5th.(The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca Trail permit to simply add the Huaynapicchu permit . They only sell the Huaynapicchu permit combined with a Machupicchu entrance fee so is costly.) To get the best value from this you should stay the night in Aguas Calientes and re-visit Machupicchu the next day with your walk up Huaynapicchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machupicchu. This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather ! So this package includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th Day and permit to walk Huaynapicchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 9:00 pm on your 5th Day. (Guide, Bus tickets on Day 5th and Lunch are not included).
- 3.-Inca Trail Classic 4 Day/3Night -Group Service plus Huaynapicchu mt. ticket permit for Day 4th.- If you only have 4 Days and want to walk Huaynapicchu mountain during your day and after your guided tour in Machupicchu, as if you want to ask our assistance in organizing the permit for Huaynapicchu included in your tour you will need to make the deposit for Inca Trail Classic 4Day/3Nigh + Huaynapicchu mountain ticket permit for Day 4 at 11:00 am as US$370.00 cash sending with Western Union or with credit/debit card plus 5% then $385.00 p/person and you must make this clear in writing so we include this ticket. (US$ 30.00 less if you have valid ISIC student card).
- What is HUAYNAPICCHU mountain walk.-. Huaynapicchu is the steep mountain, towering above the north end Machupicchu, often the backdrop to many photos of the ruins. It looks a bit daunting from below, but while steep, it's not an unusually difficult ascent, and most reasonably fit persons shouldn't have a problem. Stone steps are laid along most of the path, and in the steeper sections steel cables provide a supporting handrail. That said, expect to be out of breath, and take care in the steeper portions, especially when wet, as it can become dangerous quickly. There's a tiny cave near the top that must be passed through, it is quite low and a rather tight squeeze. Take care at the peak, it can be somewhat precarious, and those afraid of heights may want to hang out just below. For most trekkers the wiews are awesome and inspiring. There's also a few ruins near the top. If visiting these ruins, you'll see a second way to start making your descent down the mountain, along some very steep and shallow steps.... these steps are a bit dangerous if wet, but the hike may be well worthwhile. This hike is one of your best bets for getting away from Machu Picchu crowds. Access to Huaynapicchu is limited to 400 visitors per day split In 2 sessions one at 7:00 am and the other at 11.00 am. The 11.00 am time slot is the most popular and so for high season may have to be booked a month in advance and fit just after your group guided tour of the sanctuary. The cost is $75.00 or $40.00 if you have scanned through a valid ISIC card..
Frequently Asked Questions
- Once you have seen available permits for the tour of your preference and created a reservation code. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.-CLICK ON HERE PAY ONLINE
- 1.- Pay a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 394.00 per person. (US$ 375+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 397.50 per person. (US$ 375+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- WESTERN UNION: currently not available till end of Oct 2015
- OR pay into our Australia Bank (ask for details via email).
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE Inca Trail plus Huayna Picchu Mountain and Aguas Calientes 5D/4N
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems or misunderstandings as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is included for the first session on the 5th day which means you need to enter the control between 7am and 7.50am. Most people take the bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu at 6.45am ($9) and then start the day with the climb for first light over Machu Picchu and then have plenty of time after to further explore Machu Picchu. However if you prefer the 2nd session that starts between 10 and 11am then please let us know by writing this clearly in the comments and ensuring you have been confirmed with this specification.In case you are wanting the student rate you must send your ISIC card before or at the time of payment.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then make your final payment either entering the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or via western union or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and final briefing details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change if not done at least 5 weeks in advance is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Unless you hire an extra shared porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and a mattress (both 3.8 Kgms), personal items, clothing and water for the day to drink, if you want an extra shared porter (for the full trip) you must indicate this in your reservation form as they require permits as well or send us an email immediately. (email@example.com)
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour incurs the loss of the nonrefundable Booking fee. (US$ 300.00)
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 60 days to 31 days before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 30 days to 5 days before departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 4 days - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- …However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge, if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 65.00 pp or with a Vistadome upgrade US $77.00 pp. Simple Accommodation in Aguas Calientes is provided.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machupicchu admission in other tour such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machupicchu, if the entrance dates match etc
- 10.- This package includes simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes and we ask you to please read the Recommendations section in the web page ..incase you would like to upgrade to a hotel option. Also the train on day 5 is approximately 4.30pm from Aguas Calientes with transfer back to Plaza San Franscisco in Cusco arrival around 8.30pm ( unless you specified at the time of booking a alternative afternoon train option)
- 11.- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport to any and all hotel accomodations with the foreign passengers TAM ( the immigration slip you receive when passing through the border)for exemption from local taxes. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” so your Tam has expired, or your stay is for more than 60 days…. the 18% tax will have to be charged according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You must bring your passport and Tam slip to the office in Cusco for your checkin.
- 12 Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 13.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 14.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 15.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 16.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 17.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- Ensure you give the office the full details of your accomodation in Cusco and attend the briefing the night before the trek.
- I have read and accept the conditions.