Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
US$ 25.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Group tour: US$25.00 p person
Entrance fees not Included.
Daily Departures for both tours
Private car + expert guide.
2 person (minimum) US$ 85 pp
3 person 65 pp
4 person 55 pp
Entrance fees not Included.
Is it for me?
Easy, not experience is required.
Complete information will be provided at the time of booking.
Moray, Maras & Salt mines Guided Tour. Daily Leavings. Group Service.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! (for private or group tour). You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-4 months in advance.) Low season (November to April, 3-1 month in advance.)
- HOW TO BOOK AND CONFIRM.- Choose your preferred departure date on the Calendar (Leaving Dates) then fill it out with your details and all the requested, (down below in Notes write if you prefer a private or group tour) you can book for 2 or more person just complete details on traveling with: then you will receive a reservation code (Purchase Number) to pay online with Visa or MC on Step 3. Add 5% card fee for your payment online. Write us the name and address of your hotel for your pick-up at 8:45am the date of your tour.
MORAY a further breathtaking 20 kms drive with the beautiful snowcapped Chicon and Veronica mountains in the Cordillera Vilcanota as a backdrop we continue through to Moray. In Moray we visit “ the Inca agricultural greenhouse or laboratory”, consisting of four platforms amphitheater style or. Has a depth of 150 meters, the overlapping concentric circular stone rings widen as they rise. It was an experimental place to study the adaptation of plants to new ecosystems.
MARAS/ SALINERAS ( Salt mines ) located 7 miles from Moray at altitude of 3, 380 m is a small village, as a model of a miniature city. Famous for its salt mines, made up of about 3000 small wells with an area average size of about 5 ms ². These were already exploited since Inca times as a means of economic exchange and securities. Very interesting to see how the salt is recovered from these mines and the lives of those who work here.
What is Included:
- Private bus / transport
- Tour guide in English.
What is not Included:
- Cusco Tourist Ticket This ticket is required for the entrance to Moray
- If you do not have a tourist ticket it can be purchased at Moray
- Maras entrance additional 8 soles
We recommend that you bring:
- Water bottle, camera, suncream, hat
- Rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Money for lunch and souveniers.
- Comfortable sturdy walking shoes or runners.
- Cusco Tourist Ticket
- A warm clothes to return to Cusco
Frequently Asked Questions
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-4 months in advance.) Low season (November to April, 3-1 months in advance.)
- HOW TO BOOK.-: Choose on the Calendar the date of your preference, fill out with your personal details, then below fill out details of your group in Traveling with: once you have finalized you will receive an email with a Reservation Code (Purchase number) to pay a booking deposit with. (If you would like to pay your booking deposit individually, then you must book each of you separately.)
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation by You:
- Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel..
- The charges are shown below:
- 45 and more days before tour departure: refund of 75% of your payment
- 30-20 days before tour departure: 50% refund of your payment
- Less than 20 days: No refund of your payment.
- Full travel insurance is considered mandatory, including cover against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements can be given when cancellations occur for any unused services. If a client elects to travel without full travel insurance then they accept the financial risks involved in doing so and in all cases our terms and conditions.