US$ 690.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
CONFIRMED DEPARTURES click here: AVAILABILITY & BOOKINGS
(Disponibilidad y Reservaciones)
Student price US$ 650.00 (with ISIC international student card which must be scanned to us at the time of payment or before)
Or for child between 11 and less than 17 years of age at time of trek please send copy of photo page of passport to receive student price $640 (Recommended age from 11 to 69 y/o)
"... The roads of the Incas were the most useful and stupendous works ever executed by man. " Alexander Von Humboldt
The Inca Trail is the most famous hike in South America – perhaps the world – and a must-do and one of the biggest highlights of your trip to Peru. Best known as it treks through a range of spectacular Inca ruins along its path. The stunning scenery spanning through altitudes in the valley from 2700m to mountain passes of 4200m is breath-taking, with views of snow capped mountains. Finally passing through the cloud forest to arrive to the majestic Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu itself . The trek will prove unforgetable not just for the stunning sights but the experiences of being accompanied by the warmth, knowledge and expertise of SAS Travel the Peruvian tour operator who support you in this trek.
SAS Travel is a responsible, reliable and reputable Tour Operator for nearly two decades, offering high quality tours with an special personal touch exceeding expectation of hundreds of clients now friends, thanks to a full time dedicated and well motivated proffesional staff, that treat its porters well and with respect, promoting a possitive impact in the Andean communities and pioneers respecting the environment but overall offering the highest possible quality treks and tours services within Peru. 4 times rewarded and recognized by Tourism Ministry Dircetur Cusco.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
Machu Picchu The Lost City of the Incas was elected in the 7 New Wonders of the World on July 2007.
Is it for me?
It is important to be in a good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. Stay in Cusco 3 or at least 2 days for acclimatisation previous your trek while you visit and explore the marvels around Cusco (Sacred Valley, Maras Moray Salt mines, Tipon... Get a porterage service for 9 Kg pp for your trek equipment (sleeping bag, mattress and warm clothing for cold nights, we lend you a duffle bag), bring a day-pack to carry your personal items, as a bottle of water, a fleece jumper, snacks,camera, sun cream etc). Inca Trail.. if you want to visit and explore a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes but most important enter to this sacred place as the Inkas did. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty... then this is for you! Book a spot and pay online early (6-8 months in advance), Get in shape, Get ready your boots and you will have lots of fun, adventure and magical time with SAS Travel. !!!
Distance: 45 Km / 28 Miles
Duration: 4 Day / 3 Nights. (5 Day/ 4 Night Optional)
When to go: The best time to visit is April through October, it’s the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the dry season.
Altitude: 2680m/8817ft to 4200m/13818ft
Difficulty: The trek is rated moderate, any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route.
Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC
Note that the Inca Trail is closed February.
Meet the night before the trek in the SAS Travel office in Cusco just before 07:00 pm at Calle Garcilaso 270 near the San Francisco Plaza. Here you will meet with your group and guide. At this time you will be given any rental equipment such as sleeping bags and duffle bags if you have requested extra porter. Also arrangements for meeting place or transfers for the next morning are coordinated.
....Those snow-capped peaks in an unknown and unexplored part of Perù fascinated me greatly. They tempted me to go and see what lay beyond. In the ever famous words of Rudyard Kipling in The Explorer there was .. Something hidden! Go and find it! Go and look beyond the ranges. Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you ... Go!!! Hiram Bingham, 1909
Transport to Km 82 from Cusco, (45 Km or 28 miles walk to Machupicchu, (3 nights camping), enjoy,admire, explore and hands down at MachuPicchu, Bus to Aguas Calientes town,Train return to Cusco or Train Ollanta & Bus to Cusco.
We highly recommend MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Travel Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
Inca Trail Classic 4Days/3Nights PREMIUM -Group Service.
Last Minute Information
- The Permits for Inca Trail to Machu Picchu trek are so limited and must be purchased well in advance of departure. (Around 200 tourists a day are able to begin the walk to Machu Picchu.) FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... you must book and pay online a booking deposit (downpayment) far in advance, so we can guarantee your spots. (For high season (April to November 8-6 months in advance.) on (Low season December to March 4-3 months in advance.) Permits and spots in our group are fully booked untill end of November. Available spots on end of November, December 2016 and from January to December 2017. (Short Inca Trail 2 Day or 3 Day version are available from September to December 2016 and year around on 2017).
- HOW TO BOOK.- Permits for Inca Trail trek are getting fully book so quickly... we strongly advise that you make a booking and pay a downpayment asap... (BEFORE BOOKING ON THE CALENDAR PLEASE): SEE OUR OPEN GROUPS HERE OR Register your details on Step 2 , generate a code to pay a downpayment on Step 3 with Visa or MC (US$ 315.00 per person) or pay US$ 300.00 per person with PAYPAL. (In Enter description: Write your reservation code and your name.In Item price: write the amount you would like to pay.)
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU.- If you would like to walk up the Huaynapicchu mountain after the trek and tour at Machupicchu, please let us know asap and add to your booking deposit, passes are also limited... the admission is USD$ 75.00 per person / (USD$40 pp for students with ISIC card ) so we can purchase your tickets for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am. . OR eather better we recommend to book this option: 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu mt
- SPECIAL: 7 Day / 6 Night Classic Inca Trail trek, Cusco and Hotel Marqueses Package. Cusco, Sacred Valley, Classic Inca Trail hike with 6 Kg porterage service. Bookings for October November, December 2016 and tours on 2017. Find more information here: 7 Day Classic Inca Trail Package USD$ 920.00 per person (Based in Double accommodation). Free up-grade to Deluxe or Suite room at MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco.**
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 15% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. OR a FREE Sacred Valley tour to see Pisac, Yucay, Urubamba, Ollantatambo and Chincheros. (70 Soles Entrance fee to the ruins and lunch are not included.) Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. To reserve please contact Miguel at: firstname.lastname@example.org but you must also indicate your tour reservation code with SAS Travel
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel is a life changing experience, Fully portered trek where your comfort and enjoyment are our prime responsibility, we make sure that you get the best experience of your holiday in Peru while you interact with locals, explore fantastic sites and re-discover remote ancient Inca towns and buildings, speaking some Quechua words and learning the fascinating Inkas history, inmerse yourself in the stunning landscape surroundings and simply feel the magic of mother nature (Pachamama) and the Andes, while we carry your gear, prepare your meals, set up your tents avoiding crowded campsites and take care of all your requirements and details. Arriving to the sacred MachuPicchu citadel through the sun gate early on Day 4th for an amazing sunrise.
SAS Travel is proud to consider itself different from other tour companies for three distinct reasons: all of our guides are bilingual and experienced, we travel in small groups which allow for more intimate experiences, and we have plenty of flexibility on the tour schedule which lets us be impromptu- spending more time in places we like and less in places we aren't interested in. Tours lead and designed with passion by experts mountain guides. !!
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or from Sacred Valley.
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dinning and cooking tents,table,stools,cooking gear, stove, gas container,cutlery,plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent clean, new, spacious (4 person dome igloo tents).
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snacks at Machupicchu before your tour. (no extra cost).
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Buffet Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu. Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Tourist Expedition train return to Poroy Station and bus to Cusco (Return to Plaza Regocijo end of our tour.)
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visit, explore and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.
- Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and Buffet lunch on day 4th (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel, we never put you with other tour operators.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (4 season -Minus 8ºC)
- Porterage service to carry: (sleeping bag, mattress, extra clothes.)
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters at your discretion.
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes. Optional (10 soles)
- Flight Ticket to Cusco. Accommodation in Cusco. see recomendation
- Travel Insurance.- eg: World Nomade Insurance. (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl)
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:
- Personal porter for 8 Kg US $80.00 (We lend a porter duffle bag).
- Down sleeping bag minus 8 ºC (US$ 25.00 for the entire trek)
- Inflatable Thermal-rest mattress US$25.00 for entire trek.
- Single tent US$ 70.00 (If you travel solo and is your choice.)
- Trekking poles US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek)
- Backpack (30 Liters) US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek )
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu Mt. USD$ 75.00, (USD$ 40.00 with ISIC student card.)
- Vistadome Train + car return to Cusco (Up-grade train return) extra USD$ 60.00 per person. (This service generally departs at 15:25 pm from Aguas Calientes Station and arrives at 18:40 pm to Poroy (Cusco) Train Station then a 30 minutes private vehicle to Cusco.)
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A daypack to carry your personal belongings
- We provide a duffle bag when you hire a personal porter.
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries, - Binoculars
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Bathing suits for hot springs for hikers with a night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks en route, Machupicchu and Aguas Calientes. ($10-15)
- Tips for (porters, cooks, guides. ($30-40) Not mandatory.
- Emergency money at least 200-300 soles.($ 120)
- WHAT INCA TRAIL TREK TO CHOOSE ??? (If you have a bit of extra time we recommend you choose the Inca Trail tour option:).
- 1.- Inca Trail 4 Days/ 4Nights with overnigth at Aguas Calientes town -Group Service.: This is exactly the same 4 Day/3Night tour but the advantage is you can spend few more hours or the entire 4th day till 5pm in Machu Picchu site and not have to come down early for a 4.5 hours train journey back to Cusco at the end of this long day .... Instead you can relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes town in the evening and the package includes your dinner on Day 4 and your breakfast on Day 5th plus a room with private bathroom for only US$ 30.00 extra per person, (organize a pack lunch for Machupicchu with your guide so you don´t need to go down earlier ). The train journey is incredible beautiful so you want to be able to appreciate this in day light hours, the train will depart Aguas Calientes just before 9:00 am and arrives to Ollantaytambo at 11.30 am then you can enjoy visiting this charming town before taking a bus to Cusco from here. (Transport to Cusco 10 Soles bus not included.) From bus terminal 50 meter near train station.
- 2.- Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mt. and Aguas Calientes town 5 Days/ 4Nights.- We definitely believe that if you are doing the Inca Trail trek and also want to climb Huaynapicchu mountain then your best value for money if you have 5 Days is this option. This programe is for those people who want to do the Inca Trail trek, stay overnight in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs pools, second visit of Machupicchu and walk the Huayna Picchu mountain on day 5th.(The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca Trail permit to simply add the Huaynapicchu permit . They only sell the Huaynapicchu permit combined with a Machupicchu entrance fee so is costly.) To get the best value from this you should stay the night in Aguas Calientes and re-visit Machupicchu the next day with your walk up Huaynapicchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machupicchu. This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather ! So this package includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th Day and permit to walk Huaynapicchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 9:00 pm on your 5th Day. (Guide, Bus tickets on Day 5th and Lunch are not included).
- 3.-Inca Trail Classic 4 Day/3Night -Group Service plus Huaynapicchu mt. ticket permit for Day 4th.- If you only have 4 Days and want to walk Huaynapicchu mountain during your day and after your guided tour in Machupicchu, as if you want to ask our assistance in organizing the permit for Huaynapicchu included in your tour you will need to make the deposit for Inca Trail Classic 4Day/3Nigh + Huaynapicchu mountain ticket permit for Day 4 at 11:00 am as US$370.00 cash sending with Western Union or with credit/debit card plus 5% then $385.00 p/person and you must make this clear in writing so we include this ticket. (US$ 30.00 less if you have valid ISIC student card).
- WHAT IS HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN WALK.-. Huaynapicchu is the steep mountain, towering above the north end Machupicchu, often the backdrop to many photos of the ruins. It looks a bit daunting from below, but while steep, it's not an unusually difficult ascent, and most reasonably fit persons shouldn't have a problem. Stone steps are laid along most of the path, and in the steeper sections steel cables provide a supporting handrail. That said, expect to be out of breath, and take care in the steeper portions, especially when wet, as it can become dangerous quickly. There's a tiny cave near the top that must be passed through, it is quite low and a rather tight squeeze. Take care at the peak, it can be somewhat precarious, and those afraid of heights may want to hang out just below. For most trekkers the wiews are awesome and inspiring. There's also a few ruins near the top. If visiting these ruins, you'll see a second way to start making your descent down the mountain, along some very steep and shallow steps.... these steps are a bit dangerous if wet, but the hike may be well worthwhile. This hike is one of your best bets for getting away from Machu Picchu crowds. Access to Huaynapicchu is limited to 400 visitors per day split In 2 sessions one at 7:00 am and the other at 11.00 am. The 11.00 am time slot is the most popular and so for high season may have to be booked a month in advance and fit just after your group guided tour of the sanctuary. The cost is $75.00 or $40.00 if you have scanned through a valid ISIC card.
- Where this tour start.- All our tours as Classic Inca Trail to MachuPicchu hikes 4Day/3Night , 4Day/4Night or 5Day/4Night, short 2 Day/1Night Inca Trail, alternatives hikes to Salkantay, Lares, HuchuyQosqo, Choquequirao, Auzangate, tours by train to Machupicchu, Jungle trips to Manu Park, trips to Puerto Maldonado start from Cusco, located at 3,400 masl in the southwest mountains region of Peru. Cusco (the centre of the Inca civilization) is the oldest Inka´s ancient capital called Tawantinsuyo, now it is a beautiful and impresive city in Peru with many Inca temples around blended with the Spanish heritage and rich architecture history and Art which from long time ago was named as the Rome of America. Cusco is still not a big city compared Lima or Arequipa, quite safe, a 10 minutes ride from the airport and you are at the centre of Cusco, more than 20 churches,monasteries and Plazas and most of travellers found this city very beautiful, with many good restaurants and shops where staff speak english, most people here speak spanish and Quichua the Inka´s language, official taxis for less than $1.5 per service (3-4 Soles)... then after your great days in Cusco and arounds you can continue visiting Manu National Park, Jungle trips to Puerto Maldonado, Colca Canyon in Arequipa, Nazca Lines, Paracas Reserve, Ballestas Islands, the Lake Titikaca in Puno or still visit Copacabana, Sun Island, Uyuni Salar in Bolivia.
- What is the easiest way to reach Cusco.- Get a flight from Lima (Peru´s capital city) located at the coast near Pacific Ocean at 0 -cero masl , there are several air companies as Taca (Avianca),StarPeru, Peruvian Airlines and the expensive Lan, it takes 1 hour (most of the flights are early in the morning and afternoon). Bus from Lima to Cusco takes 24 Hrs (Cruz del Sur, Oltursa and Civa are rec bus companies if you have plenty of time and your desire is explore the coast).
- Acclimatization for your hike Inca Trail, Salkantay,Lares Choquequirao, Auzangate treks.- Once you are in Cusco you are at 3,400 masl .. see how many meters high from Lima, then you may feel little tired... little headache.. but most people feel fine after cups a coca leaf tea or with a few of rest. For all our hikes around Cusco and Machupicchu you will need to walk up to over 4,000 masl (more than 1,000 meters) to have this espectacular views from the Andes so you need to stop a bit and prepare your body to cope with the mountains while you can tour around Cusco (2-3 days...) see the Sacred Valley with Pisaq, the South Valley with Tipon, The Barroque route & Urcos lake, Maras Moray and Salt Mines, see museums, colonial casonas, Inka´s temples, Plazas and Markets around Cusco. etc
- Where to stay in Cusco.- Marqueses Boutique Hotel is your home in Cusco, you are very welcome and SAS Travel office is located just next door. (English,French Spanish are spoken).
- Acclimatization.- Acclimatization is a process of adjusting to the reduced oxygen pressure in the atmosphere at high altitude. This process differs for everyone and there are no rules as to who will suffer the effects of high altitude. The problem with altitude is that as you go higher, the air becomes thinner and less oxygen is available. At first, the rate and depth of your breathing increases, later you get an increase in heart rate and increase in number of red blood cells and their ability to use oxygen. Although you can acclimatise sufficiently in 3 days or a couple of days to a particular altitude. Being in excellent physical condition does not aid in acclimatisation, nor does it make you less prone to altitude sickness. On flying from sea-level to La Paz or Cusco, everyone feels the effects of altitude to a certain degree. The symptoms are headaches, breathlessness, feelings of dizziness, insomnia, and lost of appetite. You can help alleviate it by drinking lots of water or better Coca tea (tea made from coca leaves), avoiding alcohol, sedatives or any other mind-altering substances and heavy and hard to digest food (high-carbohydrate meals), and above all by resting. Acclimatisation is achieved when the heartbeat is normal at rest, you can eat and sleep well and have no headache.
- High-altitude sickness.- Acute mountain sickness (AMS), cerebral oedema and pulmonary oedema. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) know locally as Soroche is the most common of the three variations. The symptoms of AMS or altitude sickness, which usually develop six to 12 hours after exposure to altitude, are severe headache, nausea, and sleeplessness, drinks lots of water or lots of coca tea with sugar.
- Remedies for Altitude sickness, AMS, or Soroche.- Given the altitudes many people habitually travel to and live at, it`s not surprising that many local remedies are advocated for treating altitude sickness. Probably the best know remedy is mate de coca, (tea made from coca leaves) or chewing coca leaves, lots of water, very light meals and good sleeping hours once you arrive, but others include tea made from the leaves of various high altitude plants. Coramina glucosada, Effortil, Micoren or Sorojchi, a blend of Micoren, caffeine and aspirin. These remedies may help alleviate some of the symptoms (although rest, painkillers and oxygen will have the same effect), but they won`t affect how quickly you acclimatise.
- Fitness.- Trekking can be a moderate - strenuous activity, particularly if you`re not in peak physical condition, so make sure what you are planning is within your capabilities and that there is some flexibility built into your plans.
- Training.- If you can, some pre-trek fitness training is a good idea, and will reduce the likelihood of sprains, falls and overuse injuries. Start to get fit at least a couple of months before you leave, it is much better to walk briskly in hilly country than to run along level roads. Cycling is also a good way of preparing for trekking, since it involves most of the same muscles, this will strengthen the thigh muscles which in turn protect the knees.
- Equipment.- Make sure you are fully prepared for the environment conditions you`re likely to encounter and take a well stocked personal medical kit.
- Footwear.- Running shoes and sandal are not much use on a trek if rough terrain, so unless you can get hold of a decent pair of walking boots.
- High altitude trekking.- Make sure you know what to look for and what to do if you develop signs of altitude illness.
- Sunburn.- The combination of equatorial sun and high altitude makes sunburn a real danger to hikers in the Andes. Protect yourself with long, loose clothing and a really good suncream made for skiers or mountaineers, with a protection factor of 20. Lipsalve is essential to prevent cracked lips and should contain sunscreen, and remember how vulnerable your nose is. Wear a broad-brimmed hat and a long-sleeved shirt, at least until you have built up a protective tan and, if wearing a T-shirt, protect the back of your neck with a bandana or neckerchief.
- The best camp sites along the Inca Trail trek.- Our first campsite is at Huayllabamba camp (3,000 masl) and second camp at Pacaymayo (3,500 masl) are the best campsites from the entire Inca Trail trek, (not crowded and very tranquil sites). Our 3rd night camping is in Wiñaywayna campsite
- 100% of our groups achieve to this campsite, which is only 2 hours near Machupicchu and 1 hour to the Sun`s Gate on Day 4 th early. Late bookings are often with Phuyupatamarca campsite due to lack of camping spaces in Wiñaywayna and it is from 4 to 5 hours to reach Machupicchu.... permits are so so limited... book early with us.
- SAS Travel is not only a fully licensed specialist operator for Inca Trail treks with more than 25 years, is one of the most reliable and experienced tour operator in Peru (mentioned by Lonely Planet and Trip Advisor), the first trekking local operator providing quality treks in Peru. Inspired and supported by a group of reputables mountain guides from Cusco. The service provided by SAS Travel is second to none, (Top guides, buffet style meals, quality equipment, well treated porters, etc) and the price that we offer is very competitive and offers great value for your money. The tour price was quoted in US$ dollars at S/3.40 Peruvian sol, today the dollar dropped significantly to S/ 3.30 SAS Travel have not increased the price of this premium All Inclusive and All Included group service !!
- Last minutes booking for Permits for Inca Trail.- Call us: 051 84 256324 or 261920 (Irwin or David). We will do our best to help you...
- Tour with SAS Travel highly recommended local operator... Experience Peru as a travellers not as a tourist...
Frequently Asked Questions
- Once you have seen available permits for the tour of your preference and created a reservation code. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- UPDATED AVALIABILITY: CLICK ON HERE PAY ONLINE
- 1.- Pay a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 315 pp (US$ 300+5% card fee). or US$ 394 pp (Inca trail + Huaynapicchu pass). (US$ 375+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 300.00 per person or US$ 375.00 per person. (Inca trail + Huaynapicchu pass). Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- TERMS and CONDITIONS -4 DAY INCA TRAIL TREK TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU.
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is not included in the trek. Due to limited availability, (only 400 people per day), we recommend you reserve and pay immediately. If this what you are interested in doing, please let us know as soon as possible make the payment (US$75.00 per adult / US$ 40.00 per student who send an ISIC student card at the time of payment) and please send us a copy of your payment and request to email@example.com.. This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 10:30 after your guided tour of Machupicchu.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Unless you hire an extra shared porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and a mattress (about 3.8 Kg), personal items, clothing and water for the day to drink, if you want an extra shared porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well or send us an email immediately. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour incurs the loss of the nonrefundable Booking fee. (US$ 300.00)
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 60 days to 31 days before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 30 days to 5 days before departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 4 days - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- …However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge, if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 75.00 pp or with a Vistadome upgrade US $87.00 pp. Simple Accommodation in Aguas Calientes is provided.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is nontransferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machupicchu admission in other tour such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machupicchu, if the entrance dates match, etc .
- 10.- The Inca Trail Classic 4D/3N package includes: Train transport return to Cusco depends on train company availability. The train company only confirm the train schedule option to trekking agencies a few days before a trek for one way tickets from Aguas Calientes in high season dates. The train schedule offered could be anywhere between 4pm and 9pm and usually requires a private bus connection from Ollantaytambo to Cusco provided by SAS Travel. Our preference would be a train departure between 16:30 pm – 5:30 pm but needs to have enough seats available to accommodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter.
- 11.- Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalized incurs an administration charge of US$ 10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 12.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 13.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 14.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 15.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 Day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 16.- Travel Insurance.- We strongly recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Get a one week insurance with NOMADS TRAVEL INSURANCE
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- I have read and accept the conditions.