La vía peatonal más famosa de América.
43 kilómetros de bosques, niebla y llamas.
Escalones de piedra milenarios y vistas majestuosas.
Al final, una recompensa incomparable: Machu Picchu
El Pais. España –Viajes. Lonely-Planet.
We finished our trip in South America the best experience was Peru specially the Inca Trail to Machupicchu city it is a big challenge, the team: porters,coordinator, cook and the amazing guides, Hilbert made this adventure an unforgettable experience I will recommend this company SAS travel to all my friends.Thanks...Peru country is a Paradise.
The survivers from Canada - no gain, no pain
PHILLIP FARRELLYDecember 2013
Thanks for a wondeful adventure in the mountains I learnt the Mother Earth(Pachamama) and the Sacred Mountains (Apus) are very important. The andean people (porters,cook,coordinator) are hard workers, all my respect...we had 4 wondeful days , the Inca trail is a fantastic experience...One more time...THANKS Hilbert and Jose
Thomas & Odile JutteOctober 2013
SAS Travel organized our Sunrise tour of Machu Picchu, and also a classic tour of Colca Canyon from Arequipa. All went well and we had a great time. We were picked up at our hotel on time, our guides were very informative and did a great job taking care of the group. The hotel in Aguascalientes was basic but we did not mind since we spent such a short time in it. The food was good. We had plenty of time for pictures, and exploring on our own in MP. We highly recommend SAS Travel, and we thank them for a memorable experience in Peru.
Christine ShoemakerOctober 2013
This has been one of the most tough yet exhilarating adventures I have experienced. I am not a very experienced hiker but fit for my young (51 years) age.
The scenery and archaeological site visits where worth every step. It was amazing.
The physical effort was sometimes demanding but the food provided in the rest breaks was perfect ; delicious, nutritious and plentiful.
The team who supported us - Guide, Chef and assistants, and horseman, where just incredible, thoughtful and so well organised.
We had a person on our team who was challenged with Soroche/ Altitude Sickness and the Guide supported and cared for him in an experienced and considerate manner. Fortunately this trekker managed to continued safely and enjoy completing the adventure.
Thank you for organising such an incredible adventure that gave mean opportunity to discover more of beautiful Peru and more about me!
With much appreciation, Chris
Elise UsunierOctober 2013
Finished the 4D/3N Lares Trek last night and can barely even find words for how amazing it was. This trek has been the most exciting portion of my travels through Peru thus far as an ESL teacher, and I want to motivate anyone who may be apprehensive towards booking it to just DO IT!
I could clearly see where every dollar went and it was worth every penny.
Our guide, Christian, was incredibly knowledgeable, hilarious, and caring. Our chef, Ricardo, made the most fantastic meals I have had in Peru, and we were lucky to have them both on our trip. The porters paid attention to every detail, and went as far as rolling up our sleeping bags for us while we were haing breakfast, and setting up our tents comfortably before even arriving to our camp destinations.
Macchu Picchu of course was breathtaking, and the tour was incredibly inspiring and informational. The trek itself was challenging and fun, though TOUGH at some parts. If I can offer some advice, acclimatize for 3 days at least before beginning this trek.
Once again, book with SAS. I can confidently say that I will book my future endeavors with them and will recommend to all of my friends and family to do the same.
DAILY DEPARTURES !!!
US$ 679.00 p/person Accommodation is not necessary in this tour.*
Machupicchu, the lost city of the Incas, where the last emperors, priests and priestesses took refuge and where the empire survived for 40 years after the arrival of the Spaniards. Secret and mysterious citadel from the time of Pachacutec Inca Yupanqui (IX-Inca`s Dinasty) emperor, his presumed constructor. Then apparently its existence was even well-known only by the authorities and the priests of the Tawantinsuyo “The four lands of the empire”. Machupicchu prodigy of architecture of aesthetic recklessness and by the magestic and harmony of its forms, by the impeccable organization of its terraces, stairs, buildings, patios, passages that are set up in this nest of condors, surrounded by mountains, between the mountain range and the forest like but the extraordinary constructive feat of the pre-Hispanic man.
Machupicchu "HIRAM BINGHAM Train" 1 Day Guided Tour.
Last Minute Information
DAILY DEPARTURES !! The permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-2 months in advance.) Book ONLINE on Step 2: BOOKINGS Get a Code (Purchase Number) and pay a booking deposit of US$ 400.00 p/person with:Western Union to Mr: Irwin POMA-FLORES (Peru) OR Pay a booking deposit ONLINE on Step 3: TO PAY ONLINE with Master Card US$ 420.00 p/person. Book and pay as soon as possible to avoid disappointments.
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from JAN 1st 2013 to APRIL 15th 2013). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash. www.hotelmarqueses.com
Rediscover the magical Machupicchu with the Hiram Bingham train service with a special character and take adventage of the best times and services available. The Hiram Bingham is an exclusive luxury Orient Express service operated by PeruRail, all service included where you will enjoy a full day of unforgettable experiences. It is ranked as one of the best journeys in 2012 by the Italian Class Magazine. Hiram Bingham wagons are distinguished by their blue and gold colors for its warm and cozy interiors that feature elegant upholstery. This service has four wagons, two dining wagon, an observation wagon with bar and a car, kitchen, besides being able to carry up to 84 passengers.
Transfer from your hotel in private car or van to Poroy approximately 25 minutes from the ancient city of Cusco, Here you board the Hiram Binghan service journeying through the Sacred Valley of the Incas to the Lost City of Machu Picchu, a trip on the Hiram Bingham takes you across of the most beautiful and romantic scenery in Peru.
Sights as incredible as the vast agricultural terraces of Jaquijahuana, the remains of a major Inca city that was sadly destroyed during the Spanish conquest, the beautiful village of Ollantaytambo hidden in the Sacred Valley and home to the Urubamba river and an ancient temple complex called The Fortress, all await.
Throughout the out going journey you are served a delicious brunch as the stunning scenery gently passes, before arriving in the town of Machu Picchu.
On the journey from Cuzco to the beautiful lost city of Machu Picchu, the Hiram Bingham runs through Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
The beautiful valley, known as 'Vilcamayo' to the Incas, stretches out from the Inca citadels of Pisac to Ollantaytambo along the Urubamba River or "Sacred River."
Hidden in the Sacred Valley is the picturesque village of Ollantaytambo, its ruins are said to contain the most impressive Inca stonework anywhere in Peru. The village is surrounded by the great temple-fortress clinging to the sheer cliffs beside it.
Ollantaytambo is located where the valley becomes narrow and the road can no longer climb. It was used as a fortress to defend Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas from the jungle tribes of the north.
As you trundle through the spectacular Peruvian countryside, in the comfort of a beautifully restored Pullman carriage, we will serve you a delicious meal from our Andean inspired menu.
In the morning, on the way towards Machu Picchu you’ll enjoy a delectable three-course brunch, complete with a refreshing sparkling wine and freshly squeezed orange juice.
In the evening, on the journey from Machu Picchu to Poroy you will be served a luxurious four-course menu, complete with Pisco Sour and Peruvian delicacies.
What is Included:
The service includes:
Hiram Bingham special train Poroy to Aguas Calientes and return to Poroy -Cusco.
Brunch and dinner on board.
Exclusive Bus return to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Entrance to Machu Picchu.
Guided tour in the citadel.
Afternoon tea at the Machu Picchu SanctuaryLodge
We recommend that you bring
A small day pack with water to drink
Comfortable shoes or runners
Camera and rain jacket or poncho
A fleece or jacket, basic toiletries
Hat for the sun , sunscream, insect repelent for mosquitoes
Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs
Overnight in Aguas Calientes with return trip the following day!
DAILY DEPARTURES !! The permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-2 months in advance.) Book ONLINE on Step 2: BOOKINGS Get a Code (Purchase Number) and pay a booking deposit of US$ 400.00 p/person with:Western Union to Mr: Irwin Jesus POMA FLORES (Peru) OR
Pay a booking deposit ONLINE on Step 3: TO PAY ONLINE with Master Card US$ 420.00 p/person. Book and pay as soon as possible to avoid disappointments.
FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in Peruvian soles or US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 2.90 Soles for US$1). Payments with credit / debit cards are accepted with a commission of 5%, Travelers' cheques with 3% only at our Office in Cusco.
Final payments of your tour IN ADVANCEwith card it is possible, it will be with 5% extra or you can transfer the balance through Western Union.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF THE RAILWAY TRANSPORTATION CONTRACT
Contract Terms: OPERATOR: transportation company // CLIENT : Transported client being an adult or child // TICKET : client ticket/receipt for purchasing the transportation service.
1. Upon purchasing the ticket, the client accepts all present terms and conditions.
2. No agent, employee or representative is allowed to partially or totally correct, modify, restrict or supplement the terms of this contract.
3. The ticket is personal and is non-transferable and cannot be repurchased by a third person.
4. The operator will undertake with his best efforts to take the client and his baggage with reasonable celerity careful attention and efficiency. Hours shown on timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed.
5. The present contract of carriages are subject to the Peruvian Legislation and Railway regulations
6. Each client must present the ticket and identification when boarding the train. In case of children with no identification card, traveling with adults, the Operator will presume that all data provided by the adult is true. The Operator reserves the right to check the ticket prior departure and during the trip.
7. If the Client refuses to show a valid identity document, in order to verify the ticket information, he or she will be disembarked or will not be allowed to board. The right of reimbursement will be lost.
8. The Operator is not responsible, if the client is refused access to the purchased train service due to incomplete or missing proof of personal documentation, before, along or after the trip.
9. The Operator reserves the right not to transport people in inadequate health, neither expecting women (with 7 months or more of pregnancy).
10. The ticket includes the transportation of the client and one hand luggage (bag or backpack) with a maximum weight of 5kg/11pounds and a maximum size of 62 inches/157cm (length + height + width) on the carriages provided for its purpose. Blocking exits is prohibited by law. It is only permitted to transport big and heavy items or luggage on the trains when a luggage car is available, according to the Operator’s regulations.
Special conditions in case of misfortune:
11. In case of a loss of ticket, the Operator will be able to issue a new ticket and ask to be paid the corresponding fee. This procedure must be done at least 60 minutes before the departure of the train: otherwise that client will considered as a no show.
12. If any previous plane or bus transportation is delayed due to bad weather, the Operator will verify the event and will offer the possibility to change the date of travel, depending on availability in the same service purchased and without any extra cost to the client, but will not refund any ticket.
13. The Operator does not guarantee, and will not be responsible for, any changes or delays which may occur before or after the trip, or any other unexpected circumstances which could be beyond the control of the Operator. 14. The operator does not guarantee or will not be responsible for personal injuries or baggage damage or delays in the deliverance of it, when such changes or delays are a result of situations beyond the control of the Operator and/or any supplier. In cases where circumstances demand it, the Operator may, without previous warning, substitute the means of transportation for an alternative or complementary one, without assuming responsibility. The Operator may, without notice, substitute alternate transport and may alter and omit stopping places and timings shown in ticket or timetable. In case of necessity, schedules are subject to change without notice.
15. Weather conditions, natural disasters and/or mechanical failures, can cause delays and/or non-schedule stops. The operator has no obligation and is not responsible if the delay and/or non-scheduled stop or stops are beyond the Operators control.
16. If the service given by the Operator, for any reason is not completed, the Operator must give facilities to the client, such as an alternative transportation, for him/her to be able to conclude the trip at no additional cost or, according to circumstances return to the starting point, with no responsibility of the Operator.
17. Likewise if the client, without an existent or imminent situation of danger, for any cause and/or reason, decides to disembark from the train before the final destination, it will be under his/her own risk and responsibility. If any other form of transportation is provided by the Operator to ensure that the client and its baggage are transported without delay or danger, and the client, in disagreement, decides not to use it, this will be done under the client’s own risk, responsibility and cost, with out any liability for the Operator.
18. The Operator assumes no responsibility for plane connection losses or hotel no show penalties or other subsequent services arrangements, when they are caused by incidents beyond the Operator’s control, as the ones described in rules 13 to 18 of this contract.
Conditions for reimbursements of the train tickets:
19. If there is a cancellation of a service by decision of the Operator, the client for whom a ticket was issued, has the right to claim for the total refund of the amount paid. This will be possible only by showing the original ticket.
20. Clients not showing up for any scheduled services, at the train station, or any intermediate train stations, WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOSE ALL THE RIGHTS OVER THE PURCHASE OF THE TICKET. In this case, reimbursement will not be possible.
21. In case the client declares the intention to cancel, rescheduling or rearranging the service, it has to be done at least 24 hours in advance from the scheduled service date and time, at the Operator’s sales office. Changes are subject to availability. Petitions for refund of paid amounts have to be done with the same anticipation. Requirements for cancellations, rescheduling or refunds will have a penalty of 10 % of the original paid amount, and will be done at the sales office in Pachacuteq Avenue, Wanchaq Train Station, Cusco.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do
than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails." "Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
Life is a Collection of experiences... let us be your guide...!!!
Website protected by SSL 256 bits certificate.
SAS Travel is supporting many of the community projects run by Hotel Marqueses: Eg. "Walk a Mile in my shoes", "Wawa-Wasi", "Shoes shiners boys" If you are coming to Cusco please make a space for a couple of second hand clothes, shoes especially for kids, school equipment, toys and drop them off in our office. We will help distribute the items to people who really need them in small village schools and communities in the mountains of Lares.