US$ 460.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
USD$ 440 pp with ISIC student card Include Huaynapicchu walk If you are travelling alone and definitely want to do this tour which requires a minimum of 2 people the additional cost is $60 extra .
There is flexibility in this tour to allow the adventurous to climb Mt Putucusi but we are not convinced of the safety of this since the heavy rains. For those who want to stay closer to the ground to visit Mandor Waterfall. A wonderful option for those who want a few more interesting guided activities on their first day in Aguas Calientes.
Is it for me?
The advantage of this tour over Sunrise or Combo is that it includes more opportunity for hiking to discover the area of Aguas Calientes specifically the Mandor Water fall on Day 1. If you really want to be active indicate your desire to climb Huayna Picchu mountain (for extra US$10 pp) For many high season dates June, July, Aug you need to book about 1-2 months in advance to guarantee the Huaynapicchu Ticket since there is limited availability. For people who book at last minute there may not be any Huaynapicchu permits left and so we can buy the Machu Picchu mountain permit instead if you still want. If you have a ISIC card you must scan it through at the time of booking otherwise expect the adult price. Otherwise there is plenty to see visiting the Inca Bridge. Make sure you trek there!
The most defining feature of Mt. Putucusi is the challenging 1.5 hour vertical trek up the mountain, with approximately 1700 wood and rock steps. The first half of the journey is jungle trail, but involves several vertical wooden ladders, the largest of which scales over 100 feet. not recommended in wet weather conditions.
Checkin at SAS office Cusco 2 days before your departure at any time for personal briefing with information prior your tour and last minute queries answered.
Bus and Train
We highly recommend Boutique Hotel Marqueses in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
You are here:
MachuPicchu by Train Tours > Machupicchu & Aguas Calientes "ACTIVE" Tour 2D/1N
Machupicchu & Aguas Calientes "ACTIVE" Tour 2D/1N
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! Permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited,FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... You must book and pay a deposit well in advance... so we can guarantee your spots. For high season (May to October, 4-3 months in advance.) (Low season (November to April, 2 months in advance.)
- How to Book Choose your preferred Departure Date(Leaving Date) at the Calendar (left side) Fill in your details and group as requested and Pay a deposit on Step 3. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from JAN 1st 2014 to APRIL 15th 2014). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash.www.hotelmarqueses.com
Explore places not commonly visited by travellers, a walk to Huaynapicchu mountain, Inca Bridge and Sun gate -Intipinku and full Discovery of Machupicchu... This tour is just perfect for those who like to trek but missed out on the 2 Day Inca trek permits... offers a low jungle walk to picturesque Mandor Waterfall, the Botanical Garden with an array of orchids and native plants and the fascinating Machu Picchu Chavez Ballon Museum, or just relax in the hot springs pools at Aguas Calientes town.
On Day 2 a group tour of ancient Machu Picchu with opportunity to climb to the famous Huayna Picchu mountain (for extra of US$10 pp just let us know to reserve and purchase this extra Ticket for you) or hike to Inti Punku the Gate of the Sun where the Inca trail meets Machu Picchu. Also it is possible to climb to the Temple of the Moon, you have an expert guide for both days. Please note to organize a Ticket for Huaynapicchu you need to include this request in your booking or write to us well before the departure date due to limited permits.
What is Included:
- Transfer from your hotel to the train station at Cusco or Ollantaytambo .
- Train ticket in Expedition service from Poroy to Aguas Calientes town.
- 1 night accommodation in Hostel Viajeros, Varayoc or Continental.
- (Double/Triple private rooms with bathroom and hot shower.
- 1 Admission tickets for Machupicchu on the 2nd Day.
- Expert english speaking tour guide for walk to Mandor on Day 1
- and 3 Hrs guided tour in Machupicchu on the second day.
- Bus ticket down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket in Expedition service from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- Transfer from Train Station to your hotel in Cusco.
- Meals: 1 Lunch, 1 Box lunch, 1 Breakfast and 1 Dinner.
- Storage facilicities at Hostel Viajeros.
What is not Included:
- Hot springs fee 10 soles
- Mandor Waterfall entrance of 20 soles
- Drinks, snacks, water
- Dinner on the second day
- Single Supplement for single travelers US$ 20 per room.
- Tips for your guide is not mandatory.
We recommend that you bring
- A day-pack ( 5-6 kls weight packs)
- Water bottle, camera, rain jacket/poncho,
- Change of clothes, basic toiletries, sun hat/sunscreen
- Insect repellent, torch, comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots,
- Extra money in Peruvian soles.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- Our tours at Machupicchu starts very early to avoid the crowds and before big groups arrives to the Park, and is in a small personilized service (6-12 person approx), a great small group shared experience !! Usual tours groups in Machupicchu are with 20-25 person.
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 200 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 210 per person. (US$ 200+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 212 per person. (US$ 200+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- Pay a Booking Deposit with WESTERN UNION: US$ 200 per person through in order to Mr: Juan Carlos VALER SANGA (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com OR pay into our Australia Bank (ask for details via email).
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- Conditions of Machupicchu & Aguas Calientes "ACTIVE" Tour 2D/1N
- Daily Departures (Please book 2-3 weeks before)
- Minimum 2 person to confirm a booking.
- If you are travelling alone and definitely want to do this tour which requires a minimum of 2 people the additional cost is $60 extra .
- 1. Cost of tour is based on double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for people requesting single room is additional US$20
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- Cost of tour is based on double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers is US $20
- 5.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accomodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 6.- You must carry a clear copy of your passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the tour. You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- Cancelation of tour before bookings and train tickets finalised incurrs no fee in high season this is generally before 2 months in advance of departure.
- Cancelation of tour within 2 months and 1 month before departure incurs a loss of 15% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 1 month and 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 14days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 100% of total tour cost,
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9.- NOT INCLUDED:
- - Lunch on Day 1 in Urubamba Sacred Valley ( 25-45 soles )
- - Lunch on Day 2 in Aguas Calientes ( 25-45 soles )
- - Admission fee for Pisac and Ollantaytambo 70 soles (Tourist ticket) (If you want to see more places in Cusco best to buy the full tourist ticket 10 Day) see Frequently asked questions
- - Hot Springs 10 soles ( US$3).
- 10. Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in “Please Note” on the web page. http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/353/sacred-valley-aguas-calientes-machupicchu-and-huaynapicchu-mt-walk-quotcomboquot-tour-2d1n If you prefer not to do that option let us know immediately and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- 11.Travel insurance is strongly recommended..SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.