Huchuy Qosqo & Machupicchu Hike 2D/1N. "NEW"
Last Minute Information
- CONFIRMED GROUP LEAVINGS:
- Permits for Machupicchu citadel,Huaynapicchu and train tickets are limited every year, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... You must book and pay a deposit ONLINE as far in advance as possible, so we can guarantee your spots in this fantastic trek to Machu Picchu. See our: FIXED OPEN DEPARTURES HERE:
- ENJOY THE WALKING TO HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This additional Ticket is included in this tour and takes 2 hours in and back (400 meters up). Around 200 tourists a day are able to beguin the walk to Huayna Picchu mountain at 11am. When permits for Huayna Picchu mt have already run out then we can offer permits for Montana Machu Picchu walk which takes 4 hours in and back... so book online and pay a deposit well in advance.
- HOW TO BOOK Once you have checked our group departures on the Availabilty page. Choose your interested / preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) on the Calendar (left side). Fill in your details and group as is requested in the format. Pay a booking deposit ONLINE of $200 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or Paypal with your reservation code. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES Hotel BOUTIQUE in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from JAN 1st 2014 to APRIL 15th 2014). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash. www.hotelmarqueses.com
Huchuy Qosqo The Little Cusco, recently restored by archaeologists, located at 3,450 mals from this point you can see part of the famous sacred valley of the Incas, it is clear to see many beautiful big mountains as Chicon, Pitusiray, Sawasiray, Waccaywilca or Veronica ancient Apus so respected and venerated by the locals which most of them are Incas- Quechuas descendents. We have a guided tour for 1.5 hours to visit and explore this interesting Inca complex. Between the town of Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas existed many Inca roads connecting villages through a well elavorated stone trail system and this is one of those hundreds from Incas period.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing in our office or your hotel the night before.
- Collection from your hotels at 6.00 am
- Transfer in private vehicle to Patabamba (starting point of the trek)
- Experienced english speaking guide.
- Meal: 2 lunch, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast.
- First-aid kit including
- Private vehicle from Lamay to Ollantaytambo
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (Vistadome or Expedition)
- Reception at Aguas Calientes and transfer to the Hotel
- Accommodation in Double private room, with breakfast.
- Early bus up to Machupicchu from Aguas Calientes
- Admission fee for Machu Picchu and Huaynapicchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition Train return to Cusco.
- Transfer to your hotel.
What is not Included:
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Drinks and snacks.
- Dinner on 2nd night.
- Tip for your guide not mandatory.
We recommend that you bring
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruits,
- Camera, film and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Insect repellent, minimum recommended 20% DEET
- Sun bloc.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Presidente USD$ 20.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Killa Inn USD$ 45.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Casa Andina US$90.00 p/person
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Machu Picchu Pueblo INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes D B)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- Please note if you are travelling by yourself the UP-GRADING cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person!
- (therefore the upgrade cost based on single occupancy are below… ).
- Hotel Presidente $40.00
- Hotel Inka Town $70.00
- Hotel Killa Inn $80.00
- Hotel Santuario $115.00
- Hotel Andina Luxury $90.00
- Hotel El Mapi- INKATERRA $170.00
- Hotel Casa Andina $170.00
- Hotel Sumaq $400.00
- Hotel MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO INKATERRA $420.00
- Hotel Sanctuary Lodge $950.00
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- Huchuy Qosqo The Little Cusco is an archeological site north of Cuzco, Peru it was originally an administrative and military center as Pisaq, with many constructions around, Inca buildings with perfect fine stones work, graneries structures called Collcas to store and preserve food, because it was an important agricultural center to produce corn. Its name is Quechua for Little Cusco It lies at an elevation of 3600 meters (11,800 feet), above the 3000-meter high town of Lamay and the Sacred Valley. The site received its name in the 20th century previously it had been known as Kakya Qawani. Pedro de Cieza de León, in his Second Chronicle of Peru, claimed that the palaces were built by Viracocha, the Eighth Inca. Amongst a large number of buildings, some stone, some adobe, is a kallanka (great hall), 40m long. Providing water to the site is an Inca built irrigation channel, lined with stones for about 800m. The site is inaccessible by public road. The two main access points by foot are from Tambomachay or from with a pass at 4400m, then mostly downhill, and visiting some other ruins.
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 300 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 315 per person. (US$ 300+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 318 per person. (US$ 300+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- Pay a Booking Deposit with WESTERN UNION: US$ 300 per person through in order to Mr:Juan Carlos VALER SANGA (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com OR pay into our Australia Bank (ask for details via email).
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- Cost of tour is based on double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers is US $20
- 5.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accomodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 6.- You must carry a clear copy of your passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the tour. You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- A.- Cancelation of the tour once you have paid a deposit and received a confirmation incurs in the loss of the booking deposit. (US$ 200.00) per person. Non-refundable booking deposit.
- B.- Cancelation of tour within 45 days to 31 days before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- C.- Cancelation of tour within 30 days to 8 days before departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- D.- Cancelation of tour within 7 days - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- E.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9.- What is not Included:
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Lunch and Dinner on Day 2nd
- Drinks or snacks
- Hot Springs 10 soles Optional (US$3)
- Single Supplement for single/solo travelers US$20 per room
- Tips for your guide.
- 10. Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out for after the guided tour, then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in “Please Note” on the web page. If you prefer not to do that option let us know immediately and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- 11.Travel insurance is strongly recommended..SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.