CONFIRMED DEPARTURE ON:
This tour start on JUNE 22nd 2014
4 Day Inca Trail to Machupicchu Permits available.
US$ 1,075.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Price for children or with valid ISIC student card is less US$60
For 2014 the price will be $1075.00
"... The roads of the Incas were the most useful and stupendous works ever executed by man. " Alexander Von Humboldt
The Inca Trail is the most famous hike in South America – perhaps the world – and a must-do and one of the biggest highlights of your trip to Peru. Best known as it treks through a range of spectacular Inca ruins along its path. The stunning scenery spanning through altitudes in the valley from 2700m to mountain passes of 4200m is breath-taking, with views of snow capped mountains. Finally passing through the cloud forest to arrive to the majestic Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu itself . The trek will prove unforgetable not just for the stunning sights but the experiences of being accompanied by the warmth, knowledge and expertise of SAS Travel the Peruvian tour operator who support you in this trek.
SAS Travel is a responsible, reliable and reputable Tour Operator for nearly two decades, offering “high quality tours with an special personal touch” exceeding expectation of hundreds of clients now friends, thanks to a full time dedicated and well motivated proffesional staff, that treat its porters well and with respect, promoting a possitive impact in the Andean communities and pioneers respecting the environment but overall offering the highest possible quality treks and tours services within Peru.
4 times rewarded and recognized by Tourism Ministry Dircetur Cusco.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
INTI RAYMI 2014, Inca Trail 4 Day and Cusco 8D/7N -Group Service.
The Inca Trail: There are many trails built by Incas in Peru and South America, but there is one Inca Trail-the one that was the Incas "Royal highway" to Machupicchu. Hiram Bingham, discoverer of Machupicchu in 1911, found the trail in 1915. The highway was traced and explored in more details in 1942 by the Viking Expedition with Paul Fejos 1941.
There is nothing like the feeling of discovery you get when, after 4 days of hiking stone-paved Inca pathways, you finally ascend the last trail, walk to the arch of Intipunku ("Gate of the Sun"), and see spread before you Machupicchu, the beautiful, enigmatic, "lost city" of the Incas. To arrive on foot, as the Incas did, is to step back in time and feel a real link with Inca history. The Inca Trail to Machupicchu is a classic hike. There are few short hikes anywhere in the world that can offer such a mix of jungle and sierra, so many secluded ruins to explore en route, and such stunning mountain views- plus the thrill of culminating at the most famous archaeological site on the continent... MachuPicchu.
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel, Fully portered trek where your comfort is our prime responsibility, we make sure that you get the best experience of your holiday while you interact with the locals, explore and rediscover remote ancient Inca buildings, learning some Quechua words and history, take in the stunning landscape surrounding you and simply feel one with mother nature, while we carry your gear, prepare your meals, set up your camps and take care of all your requirements. At SAS Travel we want you to worry about nothing but getting the maximum out of your trip... just exceeding your expectations !!
Day 1: .- (June 22 nd) ARRIVE TO CUSCO, RECEPTION AND TRANSFER TO HOTEL MARQUESES.
Our staff will be at the airport at your arrival time with a sign of SAS Travel and your names to transfer you in a private transport to Hotel Marqueses located in the centre of Cusco. Welcome Coca tea.
DAY 2.(June 23rd) SACRED VALLEY TOUR, PISAQ, OLLANTAYTAMBO, HOTEL MARQUESES. 08:20 am Pick up from your hotel for a full day guided tour to the Sacred Valley to visit the typical market of Pisac and the Inca town located on the top of the mountain then we visit Ollantaytambo and Chincheros. (70 Soles entrance fee for 3 Inca sites and lunch in Urubamba not included).
DAY 3.- (June 24th) INTI RAYMI -WINTER SOLSTICE SUN`S FESTIVAL -FULL DAY, HOTEL MARQUESES. 08.00 am pick up from your hotel, Walk to Qorikancha, the amous temple of the Sun, where Inti-Raymi starts, then we continue to the Plaza de Armas and finally our private transport take you to Saqsawaman located at north of Cusco. Reserved seat and packed lunch included. Return at 5 pm to town. (At 7:00 pm Inca Trail tour pre-departure briefing in our office, just near Hotel Marqueses).
DAY.- 4, 5, 6 ,7 (June 25 -28) 4 DAY/ 3 NIGHT INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU, 05.45 am pick up from your hotel. private transport to Km 82, start of the Inca Trail tour. 3 Nights in Camping in Double or Triple tent, full board meals, porters for tents and food. You need to carry only your personal clothes, sleeping bag and foam pad mattress, or hire a personal porter.
DAY 7.- (June 28th) ARRIVE TO MACHUPICCHU - GUIDED TOUR AND LATE RETURN TO CUSCO, HOTEL MARQUESES. Walk to the sun gate, arrive to Machupicchu, guided visit and plenty of time to explore in your own. Group lunch in Aguas Calientes town (Hostel Viajeros) Train return to Cusco. Hotel Marqueses.
DAY 8.- (June 29th) TRANSFER TO AIRPORT. After breakfast, free time for last shopping then tranfer to airport for your flight return.
What is Included:
- 4 Nights Hotel Marqueses with Breakfast.
- 4 Day Inca Trail trek -Group Service.
- Sacred Valley Tour -Group Service.
- Inti Raymi Sun`s Festival, lunch included.
- Transfers in and out.
What is not Included:
- Flight Tickets
- Admission Ticket for Sacred Valley Tour 70 Soles and
- Lunch in Sacred Valley Tour. (25-35 Soles)
- Extra porter on Inca trail $ 75.00 for 9 Kg (half porter)
- Sleeping Bag $25.00
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A daypack (SAS provide a duffle bag for personal porter)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel at the office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDE: Tourist Buses and De Luxe Expedition train tickets, accommodation, excursions with English speaking guides, 24 hours emergency assistance to ensure you have a peace of mind and safe vacation and all in and out transfers to airports, train station or bus terminals. This means when you get off a bus, plane, or train, you will be met by one of our SAS Travel english speaking representatives, who will drive you to your hotel or to your next tour. ( Breakfast in all your Hotels, Meals are included when are indicated)
- PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE: International air fares to Peru, meals other than those specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, and tips. Entrance fees to the archaeological sites in the tours (165 Soles or US$ 65) to pay directly to controlers.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- First.- Before you book a tour we urge you to read all the information, descriptions, general details, booking conditions and tour notes.
- AVAILABILITY: This tour start on JUNE 22nd
- Step 1.- CLICK ON: BOOKING YOUR TOUR
- Step 2.- Select a tour and complete your personal details.(Registration is personal) If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book together and pay your booking deposit with one reservation code. But please complete details of your companion or group on lines below: Travelling with: (Please write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay a booking deposit, pay for 2 or more person in your group with 1 reservation code so we can secure all of you in a same group together.
- Step 3.1- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: US$ 300.00 per person through in order to Mr: Irwin POMA-FLORES (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to confirm your deposit. We will confirm your reservation on the same day.
- Step 3.2- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD or VISA.-US$ 315.00 per person. (US$ 300.00 plus 5% card charge.) As soon as we receive your deposit we will send you a final confirmation. (Paying with VISA card Visa card holders must be Affiliated to Visa Verified.) Check carefully after you `ve paid Online that it does not say "incorrect cardholder" or "operation denied" as this means the payment was not successful. Then Skype us **sas.travel.info or ring us on Tel: +051 84 261920 and give us the details over the phone for us to try and assist you quickly and confirm your reservation. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 24 hours please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid 7 days prior your tour in US$ Dollars cash or Peruvian soles (Exchange rate 2.90 Soles for US$1). Payments with credit / debit cards are accepted with a commission of 5%, Travelers' cheques with 3% only at our Office in Cusco.
- Final payments of your tour IN ADVANCE with card it is possible, it will be with 5% extra or you can transfer the balance through Western Union under the same name.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE 4 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU (Minimum with 8 person.)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 65 y/o, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Payment of your balance in the Cusco SAS office is requested in cash. US $ is easier but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.0 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 8% commission.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2011-12 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 5.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is US$15.
- 6.- Unless you hire an extra porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and the mattress. if you want an extra porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well.
- 7.- a).- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of US$200 non refundable, non transferible for other tour or person.
- 7.- b).- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 7.- c).- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 7.- d).- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here.
- 7.- e).- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost... However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 46 or with a Vistadome upgrade US$71
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
- 9.- 4 Days / 3 Nights package includes transport to Cusco, the train return depends on train company availability. Our preference would be a train departure between 4pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accomodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter. So there may be some slight variability around those dates and full high season, for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10.- Permit for Huayna Picchu cannot be purchased by SAS for inca trail customers and must be purchased directly from the INC website. http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe In our additional options we have outlined the steps but if you need any help just skype sas.travel
- 11.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger. If you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund from the original payment, however we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- 12.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 15.- Final balance in Cusco need to be paid in US$ cash, there will be a * 3% comission if you choose to use Travellers cheques and a 8% comission for use of credit card (MC,Visa,Amex).
- I have read and accept the conditions. Signature and Date.