US$ 1,340.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
For Solo traveller plus US$ 220 for a Single room at MARQUESES Hotel and a single tent during the Trek to Machu Picchu.
Cusco.- Seductive, striking and natural, Cusco´s history lives in its streets, squares, temples, valleys and towns. Stunning destinations an example of fine engineering made by Inca stonemasons can be seen in Saqsaywaman, Tambomachay, Kenqo, Ollantaytambo, Pisac and Machu Picchu, the Inca jewel built with the wisdom of the ancient Peruvians in an ecological environment, honoring mother nature...
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel. Passionate, experienced and highly recommended guides. They provide extensive and accurate historical and archaeological information about the Incas, a memorable and informative tour at Machu Picchu. We hike in small groups that give you a more intimate experience, and we provide plenty of flexibility in the tour schedule to give you greater choice and freedom: spending more time in places you like and less in places you are not so interested in. Our experienced porter team will carry tents, food and cooking equipment and assist trekkers when is required.They set up our tents each day. Our cooks prepare delicious and nutritious freshly gourmet meals using local products. Once you complete the Inca Trail trek, you will have plenty of time to explore with your guide the entire citadel afterward you’ll have a celebratory meal in Aguas Calientes --and you’ll even receive a certificate of achievement!
Many items are included in our Inca Trail trek, such as the return to Cusco on the Expedition train, trekking permits and entrance fees. Transfer from Airport, Accommodation in Cusco, highlight tours, night in Aguas Calientes town, a second visit to Machu Picchu and climb to the emblematic Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Is it for me?
Combining the best of Cusco and the inca trail with a climb of Huayna Picchu this is your best value for money.
CUSCO, Sacred Valley, 5 Day CLASSIC INCA TRAIL, Aguas Calientes and Huaynapicchu Mt. 9 Day Tour Package.
Last Minute Information
- AVAILABLE PERMITS: 2022, 2023
- DAILY DEPARTURES CONFIRMED: (Min 2 People)
- The permits for the Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu every year are so, so LIMITED. First-Come, First Serve Basis. We highly recommend you to Book Online well in advance. Book 8-6 months in advance or before. (Also it is important to book earlier because this allows us to obtain the camp on the 3rd Night at Wiñaywayna.) Permits are so limited.
- Great value tours, Guaranteed quality and service. Extensive local knowledge. Friendly and knowledgeable guides and staff. A special personal touch from SAS, the Blue Team. Exceptional mountain guides, cooks and porters make your trip authentic, enjoyable and hassle-free.!
- TOUR PACKAGE ITINERARY:
- Day 1: Arrival to Cusco by mid day. Reception at Cusco airport, transfer to Hotel MARQUESES in the center of the City. At 13:30 pm Cuzco`s Incan Temples tour for 4 Hrs. Qoricancha the famous Temple of the Sun, Saqsaywaman,Tambomachay.
- Day 2: Sacred Valley of The Incas Tour with Lunch. Explore Pisac, Urubamba, Ollanta, Chinchero. Hotel MARQUESES.
- Day 3: RAINBOW Mountain Tour a 4-5 Hrs soft hike to acclimatize with a lunch, return to Cusco. Hotel MARQUESES.
- Day 4: Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 5 Day/ 4 Night. Pick up from your Hotel, SAS van to Km 82 -Piskacucho the start of Inca Trail Trek, the 6-7 Hrs to walk, mostly flat with a little climbing, stops to rest and enjoy the views, passing Patallaqta, Cusichaka Canyon, Wayllabamba, Ayapata 3 stones. 1st Camp. 2 people tent, Lunch, Tea Time and Dinner.
- Day 5: After Breakfast, 6-7 Hrs to walk, we continue our hike to Ayapata 3 stones, Llulluchayoq, Dead woman`s pass (the highest point 4,200 meters), and walk down to Pacaymayo Valley. -The hardest day but all hikers make it. 2nd Camp.
- Day 6: After breakfast 7-8 Hrs to walk Runkuracay, Sayacmarka, Chakicocha, Aobamba Valley, Phuyu-patamarka, Intipata, Winaywayna. Camping. Lunch and Dinner. The most relaxing day with amazing views around you. 3rd Camp.
- Day 7: Early breakfast. 3 Hrs Walk from Winaywayna to Intipunku then walk down to Machu Picchu Sanctuary. Guided Tour at the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. Bus down to Aguas Calientes town. Lunch at Viajeros Hotel. Night at Viajeros Hotel Private rooms.
- Day 8: 1.5 Hrs walk to Machu Picchu or take a Bus. Reenter to the Sanctuary. Walk up to Huayna Picchu Mt -300 meters it takes 2 Hrs approximately, amazing views around. Train return to Cusco. Transfer to Hotel MARQUESES. Arrive by 20:00 Hrs
- Day 9: Transfer to the Airport or Bus Terminal. At any time.
- Our Promo Price: US$ 1,340 per person -Based in Double Room.Tent for 2.
- US$1,240 with University Student card or under 16 y/o.
- Ticket for Huayna Picchu Mountain .- It is included. (Book soon, permits for Huayna-picchu Mt are so limited.)
- HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION.-
- Once you have checked the Availability page CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE: (e-mail contact or contact one of our staff), Select the date departure of your Tour on the Calendar. (Day 1 is the date of your arrival to Cusco). Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are traveling with a group.
- To confirm your reservation, pay online immediately a booking deposit of US$ 525 pp Before paying please inform your Bank that you are paying overseas. OR Transfer your booking deposit to our Bank in Peru, ask details at: [email protected]
- This tour give you 3 full days in Cusco before your trek so you can cope finely with the altitude while you visit impressive places nearby Cusco guided by our staff. Include a full Day Sacred Valley Tour, 8 Kg personal porter in your trek, night in Aguas Calientes town and Deluxe or Suite room at MARQUESES Hotel in Cusco.
SAS Travel Highlights:
Small groups, confirmed departures, personalized service.
Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced recommended guides.
Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
Delicious and nutritious healthy, freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes. Hot showers.
Inca Trail Survivor T-shirt.
Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day) in our Hostel Viajeros.
Hot shower in Aguas Calientes in our Hostel Viajeros at lunch time.
100% Operated by SAS Travel: We never will place you with other tour operators.
Fully 24/7 assistance in our Cusco Office for your last minutes requires.
MARQUESES Boutique Hotel GET a FREE UPGRADE to our Suite or Deluxe rooms (booking this tour 6-2 months before.) Best location in Town, 24/7 Oxigen Assistance, (And many cups of Coca tea for the altitude). Free Pick up from Airport at your arrival to Cusco, Buffet Breakfast, Family-friendly and Non-smoking Hotel, Internet and Wi-Fi. “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near the center, the hospitality will blow you away. Your every need is attended to by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Excellent three-star Hotel”. © 2022 TripAdvisor LLC
What is Included:
- Transfers in and out from and to the airports in Cusco
- 4 Nights in Hotel Marqueses Cusco with breakfast .
- 1 Night in Aguas Calientes (Private room)
- 3 Nights camping on Inca Trail (2 person tent)
- Porter service for 8 Kg (a duffle porter´s bag is provided)
- Tourist vehicles and experts guides.
- 4 Day Inca Trail tour
- 1 Ticket for Huaynapicchu on Day 5th.
- Guided tour enroute Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Cusco City and Sacred Valley Tour with Lunch..
- Expedition Train Tickets, buses tickets
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes on Day 4th.
- Transfer to Hotel Marqueses.
What is not Included:
- Airline Tickets Lima - Cusco.
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (130 soles approx US$50.00
- (Entrance fees on Cusco Tour and Sacred Valley) 35 Soles
- Meals when not indicated.
- Extra drinks, bottle water
- Bus up and down to Macchu Picchu $ 12 pp each way on 5th Day as you may like to walk one way. Bus transport up and down in one ticket is $24
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters. It`s a tradition but not mandatory.
- Sleeping bag (-Minus 8ºC) US$25 for 3 nights
- Single tent US$ 70 for 3 nights entire trek
- Trekking poles pair US$20
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (10 soles)
- Sleeping bag to hire for US$ 25 for entire trek.
- Thermal Inflatable Mattress US$ 25 for entire trek.
- Trekking poles to hire $ 10 each US$20 per pair
- Back pack to hire US$ 20
- Single tent $70
- If you do not have domestic flights and would like a quote please contact Soledad and advise of your interest so she can confirm date availability immediately and send you a booking form
- UP-GRADING A VISTADOME DELUXE TRAIN.- (Expedition Tourist train service is included in your tour.) Vistadome Deluxe is an optional train returning from Aguas Calientes to Cusco extra of USD$ 60.00 pp . or if you are are a party of 3 then the cost is $50 per person for the upgrade and if you are a party of 5 then the cost is $45 per person for the upgrade )
- This service generally departs at 15:25 pm from Aguas Calientes Station and arrives at 18:40 pm to Poroy (Cusco) Train Station then a 30 minutes private vehicle to Cusco. There is also a later train if you prefer departing at 5.27pm but we always try to get 3.20pm as we suggest you get more daylight views before 6pm sunset.
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (University student card if applicable)
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel at the office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 25.00 p/person extra special price and amazing views from every room! highly recommended as best value
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Killa Inn USD$ 45.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Casa Andina US$90.00 p/person
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Machu Picchu Pueblo INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes D B)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- THE CUSCO´S TOURIST TICKET:
- The full Cusco Tourist Ticket allows you entry to 15 sites and valid for 10 Days. These sites which are part of the City tour are Sacsayhuaman, Qenko, Puca Pucara, Tambo Machay and these sites which are visited in the Sacred Valley tour are Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero plus other sites in Cusco such as Religious Art Museum, Church of San Blas, Regional History Museum. The Cusco Tourist Ticket (Boleto Turistico) this visitors ticket costs 130 soles + 35 soles (approx US$50 / half price for students USD$ 25.00) and is valid for 10 days.. It must be paid for in soles.
- The entrance to Moray is included on the full ticket and is used if doing the new famous Maras Moray and Salt Mines or the mountain biking adventure tour.
- Cusco Tourist Ticket is also sold at the Inca sites themselves and can be bought on the day of tour if you like.(Partial or Day visit Ticket). Note this ticket does not include: Entrance to Koricancha (or Qorikancha) 10 soles Entrance to Cathedral 25 soles
- Cusco Tourist Ticket also includes the admission to the Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center (Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo) in the 3rd block of Sol Avenue, presentation every night from 7:00 pm
- Alternatively, you can purchase a partial ticket for 70 soles which allows a one day only visit of just the 4 Archeological sites if you are not planning to visit any of the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros or a one day only partial ticket to visit the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros ( Moray ) if you are not going to have time to visit the 4 Archeological sites of Saqsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay.
- The partial ticket for 70 soles does not allow for any further discount for ISIC card holders. Student partial ticket cost is also 70 soles
Frequently Asked Questions
- Once you have checked Availability (e-mail contact or contact one of our staff), Select the date departure of your Tour on the Calendar. (Day 1, is the date of your arrival to Cusco). Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are travelling with a group. You will generate a reservation code.
- Methods of Payment:
- 1.- Pay in our website a booking deposit of US$ 500 + 5% pp with Credit/Debit Card (Visa,MC,Amex,Diners). Before paying please inform to your Bank that you are paying overseas. Use the reservation code number you have generated. (There is a 5% fee for payments with cards). OR
- 2.- For a group bookings (4-5 people). Pay with credit/debit card (Visa,MC,Amex,Diners) as it is indicated above OR make a Bank Transfer to our bank account. For Bank details please e-mail to: [email protected]
- You will receive your tour Confirmation and details of your Tour to your email within 24 Hours.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel office staff and guides of any medical problems or allergies. You need to have a good health and a good level of fitness is required. If your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, you will need to present us with a current medical certificate. It is highly recommended to arrive to Cusco a few days before your hike and stay in Cusco at least 3 - 1 nights previous to your hike so that your body is prepared for the altitude.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour, please advise the guide at that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must carry your original passport and valid University student card (if applicable) on the trail. If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your booking and permit documents, the control will annul your permit and refuse your entry to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must send us a copy of your new passport or email the new numbers and bring both of your passport with you, or if this is not possible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the Park controllers with official documentation to avoid problems.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student with University student cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it is confirmed though our agent. A Youth Travel card is not accepted to pay as a student by the Park control.
- 5.- A personal porter for 8 Kg is included in this tour, at the time of briefing a duffle bag will be given to you so you can pack your items previous to the morning of your hike (Please make sure your duffle bag does not exceed the limit of the weight amount you requested, all hotels can provide you with a scale to weigh your bag.) The rest of your belongings can be stored in your Hotel or you can leave them in our Hotel Marqueses near SAS Travel office.
- 6.- Every hiker must have and bring a comfortable 20-30 L daypack to carry your personal items. Bring 2-3 litres of drinkable water for Day 1 (disposable plastic bottles, plastic bags are forbidden). Our crew will offer you boiled water at Lunch time on 2nd Day until the end of the hike, locals sell bottled water and drinks on route and campsites on Day 1 and 2. Hot showers are available on the 1st campsite for 15 Soles (if wanted). At the campsite we will offer you hot water for washing/cleaning purposes.
- 7.- If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for a hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the Inca Trail hike and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this US$70 fee.(This depends if there is someone else willing to share the tent that is the same gender.)
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been purchased and processed. It is non transferable nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited and penalties costs will be applied. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot/permits after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machu Picchu admission in other tours such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machu Picchu on the indicated reserved dates.
- 9.- This package includes a simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes and we ask you to please read the Recommendations section in the web page in case you would like to upgrade to a hotel option. The expedition train return will be on Day 5 th at 15:00 Hrs from Aguas Calientes to Cusco train station or a train to Ollantaytambo plus a private transport to Cusco, returning to Cusco by 19:30 Hrs approx in both cases.
- 10.- If you decide not to go, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter or assistant will accompany you back to a safe area with emergency assistance at Ollantaytambo town, from here you can continue by train to Aguas Calientes town and meet the group on the 4th morning (train cost will be at your expenses US$70-80 approx). Helicopter air lift and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, therefore we recommend to have Travel Insurance. If you fail to complete the hike due to illness we will assist you to meet your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour there, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. If this is the case a hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with the group will be provided by SAS Travel with no extra cost, except the train to Aguas Calientes which costs US$ 70-80 pp and the bus up to Machu Picchu which costs US$14.
- 11.- Huayna Picchu Mountain Entry.- Upon availability and need to book in advance.This ticket is included for the first session on the 5th day which means you need to enter the control between 7am and 7.50am. Most people take the bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu at 6.30 am ($12.00) and then start the day with the climb for first light over Machu Picchu and then have plenty of time after to further explore Machu Picchu. However if you prefer the 2nd session that starts between 10:00 and 11:00 am then please let us know by writing this clearly in the comments and ensuring you have been confirmed with this specification.
- 12.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides.(US$50-60) is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least 300 soles. Total per person (US$150 -US$180) approximately.
- 13.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Get a one week insurance with Nomads Insurance.
- 14.- When transportation strikes are declared in Cusco without previous notice, the entire group will need to depart Cusco the night before of the tour and do camping near the beginning of the trail to avoid the risk of cancelation of your tour.(We recommend you to come to the SAS Travel office when you arrive to Cusco, to make sure that everything is ready and we ask you to bring your original passport with you.) We recommend to arrive to Cusco a few days prior to your tour.
- 15.- In extreme cases when Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Salkantay or Lares Valley trek and your booking deposit and payment money will be used for this, There will be no refund from the original payment, or other train trips to Machu Picchu.
- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness or loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment from our company.
- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, political strikes, road strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client responsibility to carry a Travel Insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- a.- Cancelation of tour once you have booked, permits has been purchased a reservation has been confirmed incurs a loss of the booking deposit US $500.00 per person plus cards or Paypal surcharges. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel.
- b- Cancellation of tour from the date of confirmation to 60 Days of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- c- Cancellation of tour within 59 Days to 35 Days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- d- Cancellation of tour within 34 days to 15 Days of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- e- Cancellation of tour within 14 Days to 72 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your train tickets and permits entrance to Machu Picchu, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4. We will however if it is your desire present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company.
- FINAL PAYMENT:
- The final balance of your tour will be sent to your email with detailed information. You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options indicated in our website or before this date. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes, Vistadome Train return etc) you must contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by contacting our staff at: [email protected]
- We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You will need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.Or pay in US$ cash at our office in Cusco at your arrival. (Payments with cards in our office in Cusco are not accepted).
- I have read and accept the conditions.