Important news -COVIT 19.
The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu will merely re-open from November 1st 2020, we are looking for security, health control and, above all, social distancing mesures. Plan and book your trip to Peru with flexibility.
1.- Reschedule your trip without any extra cost.- To reschedule or postpone your trek or tour date, just send us an email to: [email protected]
Permits and entrances for all our treks, tours and trips are available from January 1st to December 31st, 2021, 2022. Also -All our tours, treks, and trips booked can be rescheduled for any start date up until the end of 2024.
2.- New Flexible Bookings.- We are taking new online booking for Tours, Treks to Machu Picchu and all other trips listed in our website for dates after August 2020 and for future dates until 2024, -If COVID-19 still does not allow to travel to Peru, then we will be very flexible to move on for a future date as many times as necessary. Please note at this stage, due to this unexpected world pandemic situation, you are entitled to use the entire amount of your booking deposit paid for the new departure date trips while they are available this year 2020 and the next year 2021 until 2024.
US$ 1,040.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
US$ 995.00 with University student card or under 16 year.
Single supplement US$160 for SOLO traveler. (Include a single tent is Inca trail hike).
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you would like to explore a discover a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible sceneries in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty... then this is for you! Book early (8-4 months), Get in shape and have great fun.!
Think Locally, book and support a local business. There’s no better way to visit and explore this wonderful place, enjoy and learn from our experienced guides.
The Inca Trail trek is considered and rated from moderate to challenging hike.
A minimum hike experience and and a reasonable fitness are essential and required.
1 or 2 nights in Cusco or on the Sacred Valley for acclimatization are recommended.
If you have not hiked over 4,000 masl we recommend you to hire a personal porter for the entire trek and in advance.
Visit your doctor and have a complete medical check over before booking this hike.
The fitter and more prepared you are, the more you will enjoy your trek, please take some time do some training. Ensure you keep well hydrated. Walk each day with a relaxed, happy attitude.
If you are not prepared for a 4 day hike, the 2 Day short hike, 3 Day Sacred Valley and Short Inca Trail version which are still great and impressive experiences and it demands much less effort. If you do not want to worry about the height or physical effort that these treks demand then enjoy a train ride, take it easy and relax, simply book an overnight tour by Expedition train, Deluxe Vistadome Train tour or the exclussive super luxe Bingham Train and have an early guided tour then explore the citadel in your own for classic pictures. (80% visit by train, 20% hike the trail).
On Day 1 walk is for 4-5 Hrs, Day 2 walk is for 7-8 Hours, Day 3 walk is for 7-8 hours Day 4 walk is for 3-4 hours.
Recommended age for classic Inca Trail is from 11 to 69.
CUSCO, Sacred Valley, 4 Day/ 3 Night CLASSIC INCA TRAIL + 8 Kg porter. -7 Day Tour Package.
Last Minute Information
- BOOKINGS -AVAILABLE PERMITS on: 2021 - 2022.
- DAILY DEPARTURES CONFIRMED: (Min 2 Person). BOOK 10-8 months before).
- PERMITS for CLASSIC INCA TRAIL TREK to Machu Picchu every year are LIMITED. For: FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. Book ONLINE WELL IN ADVANCE: (10-8 months before.) WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU to -ACT NOW. MACHU PICCHU. BOOK NOW! Great value tours, Guaranteed Departures. HIKE this Amazing trek WITH THE EXPERTS. Extensive local knowledge. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. A special personal touch from SAS team. Put your mind at ease. We are a reputable and highly reliable Peruvian tour Operator with more than 25 years of expertise. BOOK in ADVANCE to Avoid Disappointments.
- Our Price: US$ 1,040 per person -Based in Twin/Double Room + 2 person Tent.
- US$ 995 with University Student card or under 16 y/o.
- Inca Trail Small Groups size: 6-12 people (Occasionally 16 participants). Exceptional mountain guides, cooks and porters make your trip authentic, enjoyable and hassle-free.!
- This tour gives you 2 full days in Cusco before your trek so you can cope finely with the altitude while you visit impressive places nearby Cusco guided by our staff. Include a full Day Sacred Valey Tour, 8 Kg personal porter in your trek and Deluxe or Suite room at MARQUESES Hotel in Cusco.
- BOOK ONLINE.- Select on the Calendar the preferred month and year of your tour, then click on the desired departure date. (Please note that Day 1 in the Tour is the day when you arrive to Cusco). This will lead you to a different page where you are required to select the total number of passengers traveling. Once you finish filling all the information required you will create a Reservation Code (eg: 240620001). To confirm your reservation, pay online immediately a booking deposit using your reservation code with MC, Visa, Amex, Diners or pay through Paypal. (Pay for 2 or more people in your group with one reservation code, because this will help us to apply and purchase permits immediately for all persons in your group).
- Pay online with MC, Visa, Amex, Diners US$ 210 per person. (Cards surcharges 5% extra) or Pay through Paypal US$ 200 per person. (Paypal surcharges 6% extra).
- TICKET for HUAYNA PICCHU: If you would like to add the walk to Huayna Picchu Mountain after the Machu Picchu´s tour, please let us know ASAP... the passes are also limited.It takes 1.5 -2 Hrs. The admission is US$85.00 per person (US$45 pp for students with University card, cardholders must send a copy of card by email at the time of booking), Pay online with your reservation code US$ 285 pp plus 5% card fees. Your pass will be valid for 2nd turn at 11:00 a.m after your tour at Machu Picchu. When permits for Huaynapicchu Mt are sold out a good alternative is Montaña Mt walk instead, it will take 3 Hrs and it is less steep.
- Flight Tickets are not included.
- We can assist you with other flight Tickets at: [email protected]
- If there were some changes arisen from your side, we will propose the best alternatives and we will be flexible in preparing changes or offer you another easier trek and we will do our best we can so that you can still enjoy your trip to Peru to the fullest.
- Our Hotel Marqueses in Cusco offer Medical and Oxygen assistance 24/7, FREE upgrade to Deluxe or Suite room. FREE walking tour to San Pedro Market and 24/7 office assistance.
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Small groups 6-12 -16 max, confirmed departures, personalized service.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced recommended guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious and nutritious healthy, freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Inca Trail Survivor T-shirt.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day) in our Hostel Viajeros.
- Hot shower in Aguas Calientes in our Hostel Viajeros at lunchtime.
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel: We never will place you with other tour operators.
- Fully 24/7 assistance in our Cusco Office for your last minutes requires.
ITINERARY.- Cusco, Sacred Valley tour, Classic Inca Trail trek with 8 Kg porterage service & Aguas Calientes. 7 Day / 6 Night Tour.
Day 1.- Reception at Cusco´s airport and transfer to Hotel Marqueses.
Day 2.- Sacred Valley Tour with a buffet lunch, Night at Hotel Marqueses.
Day 3,4,5,6, -4Day/3Night Classic Inca Trail trek with a personal porter.
Day 6.- Machu Picchu guided tour, Train return to Cusco.Hotel Marqueses .
Day 7- Free morning. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Lima
MARQUESES Boutique Hotel -SPECIAL: Free Oxygen service, Medical Assistance and cups of Coca tea. Free up-grade to our De Luxe Room or Suite room in this tour / Package for early bookings (10-7 months in advance.) FREE walking tour to Central Market.
What is Included:
- Transfers in and out from and to the airports in Cusco.
- Sacred Valley guided Tour with Lunch.
- 3 Nights in Hotel Marqueses Cusco with breakfast.
- 3 Nights camping on Inca trail (2 person tent)
- 4 Day Inca Trail Trek with 8 Kg for porter service.
- Guided tour en route of Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition Train Tickets return to Cusco.
- Transfer to your Hotel in Cusco.
What is not Included:
- Entry for Sacred Valley Tour 70 Soles.
- Sleeping bag (-Minus 8ºC) to hire US$25
- Single tent US$ 70 Upon your request. -Optional.
- Trekking poles US$20 a pair
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu US$ 85 pp ($ 40 w University student card) -Optional
- Snacks for the hike as energy bars, snickers,dried fruits.
- Tips for the trekking crew porters,cooks and guides.
- Flight Tickets Lima-Cusco.
- Travel Insurance. Check: Nomade Insurance
- Hot Springs pools in Aguas Calientes -Optional (15 soles)
We recommend that you bring:
- -Original passport.
- -University valid student card. (You must send a copy at the time of booking.)
- -Backpack to carry your personal items. 20,30 Lt comfy backpack.
- -Warm down sleeping bag Minus 5ºC You can hire from us if you do not have one.
- -Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- -Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- -Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- -Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- -Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- -T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- -Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- -Camera and extra batteries
- -Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- -Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- -Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- -Rain Gear a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- -Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- -2 litre water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site)
- -Snacks for the hike as energy bars, snickers,dried fruits.
- -We provide boiled water from 2nd Day, buy water enroute on Day 1,2.
- -Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes
- -Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- -Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles.
- Drinkable water on the trail.- Bring 2 or 3 Lt of water for Day 1 and 2, there will be hot and cool drinks at meals times provided by our staff, we provide boiled water from 2nd Day at lunch time, bottle water and drinks are sold by locals on Day 1 and 2.
- Time for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes? Yes you will have, very recommended and really good for your legs and body... another 10 minutes extra walk but worth it.
- Tips for porters and staff.- It is not mandatory but it is a tradition on Inca Trail.
- Hot shower on the Inca Trail hike ? Only at the first camping site.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.- Once you have checked availability, booked a tour online, provided and registered your details -or group details and generate a reservation code.
- 2.- Pay a booking deposit online with your reservation code with MC, Visa, Amex or Diners US$ 210.00 per person. (Cards charge extra 5%).
- 3.- Pay a booking deposit with your reservation code through Paypal.- US$ 200.00 per person. (Paypal charge 6% extra).
- 4.- For group bookings (4-5 people) -and when there are pleanty of permits available for your interested date, you can transfer your booking deposit or full payment to our Bank account in Peru or transfer throughout Western Union (only when there are plenty of spots available for the hike in your interested date). For more details please e-mail us to: [email protected]
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full online payment of your tour transferring 1 month before the day when your tour starts. Pay online with your reservation code OR pay in our office in Cusco at your arrival in USD$ or Peruvian Soles cash. (cards are not accepted).
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel office staff or guides of any medical problems or allergies. You need to have good physical health and wellbeing. If your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, you will need to present us with a current medical certificate. It is highly recommended to arrive to Cusco a few days before your hike and stay in Cusco at least 3 - 1 nights previous to your hike so that your body is prepared for the altitude.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour, please advise the guide at that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must carry your original passport and valid student card (if applicable) on the trail. If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your booking and permit documents, the control will annul your permit and refuse your entry to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must send us a copy of your new passport or email the new numbers and bring both of your passport with you, or if this is not possible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the Park controllers with official documentation to avoid problems.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student with ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it is confirmed though our agent. A Youth Travel card is not accepted to pay as a student by the Park control.
- 5.- A personal porter for 8 Kg is included in this tour, at the time of briefing a duffle bag will be given to you so you can pack your items previous to the morning of your hike (Please make sure your duffle bag does not exceed the limit of the weight amount you requested, all hotels can provide you with a scale to weigh your bag.) The rest of your belongings can be stored in your Hotel or you can leave them in our Hotel Marqueses near SAS Travel office.
- 6.- Every hiker must have and bring a comfortable 20-30 L daypack to carry your personal items. Bring 2 litres of drinkable water for Day 1 (disposable plastic bottles, plastic bags are forbidden). Our crew will offer you boiled water at Lunch time on 2nd Day until the end of the hike, locals sell bottled water and drinks on route and campsites on Day 1 and 2. Hot showers are available on the 1st campsite for 15 Soles (if wanted). At the campsite we will offer you hot water for washing/cleaning purposes.
- 7.- If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for a hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the Inca Trail hike and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this US$70 fee.(This depends if there is someone else willing to share the tent that is the same gender.)
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been purchased and processed. It is non transferable nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited and penalties costs will be applied. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot/permits after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machu Picchu admission in other tours such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machu Picchu on the indicated reserved dates.
- 9.- This 7 Day tour with Inca Trail hike 4 Days /3 Nights includes transport return to Cusco. Our preference would be a train departure at 15.00 Hrs train to Ollantaytambo plus a private bus to Cusco or direct train from Aguas Calientes station to Cusco, on Day 4 of the hike.The group will arrive to Machu Picchu by 07:00 am then have 5-6 hrs approx for a guided tour and free time. By 13:00 Hrs we will board a bus down to Aguas Calientes for a last group lunch and wait for the train return back to Cusco. On days like Inti Raymi, Independence day and easter there may be some slight changes for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10.- If you decide not to go, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter or assistant will accompany you back to a safe area with emergency assistance at Ollantaytambo town, from here you can continue by train to Aguas Calientes town and meet the group on the 4th morning (train cost will be at your expenses US$70-80 approx). Helicopter air lift and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, therefore we recommend to have Travel Insurance. If you fail to complete the hike due to illness we will assist you to meet your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour there, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. If this is the case a hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with the group will be provided by SAS Travel with no extra cost, except the train to Aguas Calientes which costs US$ 70-80 pp and the bus up to Machu Picchu which costs US$14.
- 11.- Huayna Picchu Mountain Entry.- The entrance ticket for this trail is not included in the hike, it is optional due to limited spots,therefore you must reserve and pay in advance US$85.00 per adult / US$ 45.00 with student valid card, you must send us a copy of your students card at the time of booking. This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 11:00 after your guided tour of Machu Picchu. In case Huayna Picchu Mountain tickets are sold out the alternative is a walk to Montaña (same costs apply).
- 12.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides.($50-60) is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machupicchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least 300 soles. Total per person ($150 -$180) approximately.
- 13.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Get a one week insurance with Nomads Insurance.
- 14.- When transportation strikes are declared in Cusco without previous notice, the entire group will need to depart Cusco the night before of the tour and do camping near the beginning of the trail to avoid the risk of cancelation of your tour.(We recommend you to come to the SAS Travel office when you arrive to Cusco, to make sure that everything is ready and we ask you to bring your original passport with you.) We recommend to arrive to Cusco a few days prior to your tour.
- 15.- In extreme cases when Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Salkantay or Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit and payment money will be used for this, There will be no refund from the original payment, or other train trips to Machu Picchu.
- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness or loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment from our company.
- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, political strikes, road strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client responsibility to carry a Travel Insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- Cancelation of tour once a reservation has been confirmed incurs a loss of the booking deposit US $400.00 pp plus cards or Paypal surcharges. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel.
- a- Cancellation of tour once a permit has been purchased and confirmed incurs a loss of US$ 400.00 a Non-refundable Booking deposit.
- b- Cancellation of tour within 60 Days to 41 Days of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total cost of the tour. You must pay online using your reservation code.
- c- Cancellation of tour within 40 Days to 35 Days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total cost of the tour. You must pay online using your reservation code.
- d- Cancellation of tour within 34 days to 15 Days of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total cost of the tour. You must pay online using your reservation code.
- e- Cancellation of tour within 14 Days to 72 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost. You must pay online using your reservation code.
- However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your train tickets and permits entrance to MP, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4 and discounts in our Hotel Marqueses in Cusco.
- FINAL PAYMENT:
- The final balance of your tour will be sent to your email with detailed information. You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options indicated in our website or before this date. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes, Vistadome Train return etc) you must contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by contacting our staff at: [email protected]
- We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You will need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.Or pay in US$ cash at our office in Cusco at your arrival.(Payments with cards in our office in Cusco are not accepted).
- I have read and accept the conditions.