US$ 2,100.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
US$ 1,900 pp in a Triple Room.
US$ 50.00 Disc for Students,childs.
(Minimum person required 2)
Trek Inca Trail to Machupicchu and visit Manu are the highlight for visitors to Cusco.
Is it for me?
Mountains, history, archaeology and nature lovers. It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. Stay in Cusco three or at least 2 days for acclimatisation previous your trek. Get a shared 9 Kg porter for your equipment (sleeping bag, mattress and clothing, bring a day-pack for your personal items). If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... !
Inca Trail 4 Day trek is a moderate hike ( 8 Hrs walking the first 3 days, last day is only 2 hrs to reach Machupicchu and have enough time to explore and a guided visit.
Manu Park 6 Day tour is a relaxing experience with a lots of stops to explore and discover the beauty and magic of nature, comfortable lodges for every night, full board meals and experienced guide.
Meet the night before the trek in the SAS Travel office in Cusco at 07:00 pm at Calle Garcilaso 270 near the San Francisco Plaza, where you will meet with your group and guide. Here you will be given any rental equipment such as sleeping bags and duffle bags if you have requested extra porter.
....Those snow-capped peaks in an unknown and unexplored part of Perù fascinated me greatly. They tempted me to go and see what lay beyond. In the ever famous words of Rudyard Kipling there was .. Something hidden! Go and find it! Go and look beyond the ranges- Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you ... Go!!! Hiram Bingham, 1909
"... The roads of the Incas were the most useful and stupendous works ever executed by man. " Alexander Von Humboldt
The Inca Trail is the most famous hike in South America – perhaps the world – and a must-do and one of the biggest highlights of your trip to Peru. Best known as it treks through a range of spectacular Inca ruins along its path. The stunning scenery spanning through altitudes in the valley from 2700m to mountain passes of 4200m is breath-taking, with views of snow capped mountains. Finally passing through the cloud forest to arrive to the majestic Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu itself . The trek will prove unforgetable not just for the stunning sights but the experiences of being accompanied by the warmth, knowledge and expertise of SAS Travel the Peruvian tour operator who support you in this trek.
SAS Travel is a responsible, reliable and reputable Tour Operator for nearly two decades, offering high quality tours with an special personal touch exceeding expectation of hundreds of clients now friends, thanks to a full time dedicated and well motivated proffesional staff, that treat its porters well and with respect, promoting a possitive impact in the Andean communities and pioneers respecting the environment but overall offering the highest possible quality treks and tours services within Peru.
4 times rewarded and recognized by Tourism Ministry Dircetur Cusco.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
Machu Picchu The Lost City of the Incas was elected in the 7 New Wonders of the World on July 2007.
CLASSIC lNCA TRAIL 4 Day Trek & MANU National Park.COMBO. 10 Day Tour Package. (Promotional rate).
Last Minute Information
- AVAILABLE PERMITS 2023 - 2024 (Except in February).
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! (Minimum 2 people).
- Hike the Famous Inca Trail Trek in a small group, walk over 4,000 masl visiting temples along the way, see the andean sherpas and mountains, early on Day 4 th admire and enjoy the peaceful and beauty of MACHU PICCHU, return by train to Cusco, stay at Marqueses Boutique Hotel and next day enroute to the marvelous Manu National Park which is considered one of the few Biodiverse Reserve in South America and awarded recently by UNESCO.
- The permits for this trek every year are LIMITED. FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. Book ONLINE WELL IN ADVANCE: (4-1 months before.) Hike with SAS, Great value tours, Guaranteed quality and service. Extensive local knowledge. Friendly and knowledgeable guides and staff. We are a reputable and highly reliable Peruvian tour Operator with more than 25 years of experience.
- Inca Trail Small Groups size: 4-6-12 person (Occasionally 16 participants). Exceptional mountain guides, cooks and porters make your trip authentic, enjoyable and hassle-free.!
- HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION.-
- Once you have checked the Availability page CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE: (e-mail contact or contact one of our staff), Select the date departure of your Tour on the Calendar. Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are traveling with a group.
- To confirm your reservation, pay online immediately a booking deposit of US$ 1,000 pp + 5% using your reservation code with a credit/debit card (MC, Visa, Amex, Diners). There is 5% fee for payments with cards. Before paying please inform your Bank that you are paying overseas. You will receive your tour confirmation and details of your Tour in your email within 24 hours.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- For passengers who want to add a climb to Huaynapicchu mountain once you finished the tour at Machu Picchu tour they need to let us know asap... cost of the ticket is US$ 85.00 pp extra.
- MARQUESES Boutique Hotel: For early bookings (Book 6-4 months in advance) GET a FREE up-grade to our DELUXE ROOM or Suite room in our Multi-Day Tours. Our Hotel Marqueses in Cusco offer Medical and Oxygen assistance 24/7.
Classic 4 Day Inca Trail & Manu National Park 10 Day package
Day 1: Inca Trail 4 Day hike, Piskacucho km 82- Wayllabamba.(camping)
Day 2: Ayapata- Llulluchayoq- Dead woman´s pass- pacaymayo.(camping)
Day 3: Chakicocha, Intipata- Wiñaywayna (camping)
Day 4: Wiñaywayna, Machupicchu- Aguas Calientes.Hotel Marqueses
Day 5: Cusco, Bambu lodge -Manu National Park
Day 6: Bambu lodge, Capybara Lodge -Manu National Park.
Day7: Capybara lodge, Manu National Park.
Day 8: Capybara lodge, Boca Manu Lodge, Manu National Park
Day 9: Boca Manu Lodge, Bambu Lodge, Manu National Park.
Day 10: Bambu Lodge, Cusco, Manu National Park.Hotel Marqueses.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or Sacred Valley (07:20 am).
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cook, assistants.
- Permit for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table,stools and cooking gear.
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent (clean,new spacious 4 person dome igloo tent)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- Toilet tent with biodegradable system.
- 3-4 guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snack at Machupicchu before your tour.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu tour.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Tourist Expedition train return to Poroy Station and bus to Cusco (Return to Plaza Regocijo end of our tour.)
- 2 Night at Hotel in Cusco.
- 6 Day shared tour to Manu National Park.
What is not Included:
- Flight Tickets.
- Accommodation before and after your tours.
- Ticket for HuaynaPicchu or Montaña.
- Sleeping bag (-Minus 8ºC) US$25 for 3 nights
- Shared porter for 9 Kg US$75 (entire trek)
- Single tent US$ 70 for 3 nights entire trek
- Trekking poles US$10 each for the entire trek
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (10 soles)
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters. It`s a tradition but not mandatory.
- Ticket for HuaynaPicchu mountain
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A daypack to carry your personal belongings
- (SAS provide a duffle bag for personal porter in case you hire.)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks and tips in soles (porters, cooks and guides.)
- Emergency money at least 200-350 extra soles.
- Acclimatisation.- Acclimatisation is a process of adjusting to the reduced oxygen pressure in the atmosphere at high altitude. This process differs for everyone and there are no rules as to who will suffer the effects of high altitude. The problem with altitude is that as you go higher, the air becomes thinner and less oxygen is available. At first, the rate and depth of your breathing increases, later you get an increase in heart rate and increase in number of red blood cells and their ability to use oxygen. Although you can acclimatise sufficiently in 3 days or a couple of days to a particular altitude. Being in excellent physical condition does not aid in acclimatisation, nor does it make you less prone to altitude sickness. On flying from sea-level to La Paz or Cusco, everyone feels the effects of altitude to a certain degree. The symptoms are headaches, breathlessness, feelings of dizziness, insomnia, and lost of appetite. You can help alleviate it by drinking lots of water or better Coca tea (tea made from coca leaves), avoiding alcohol, sedatives or any other mind-altering substances and heavy and hard to digest food (high-carbohydrate meals), and above all by resting. Acclimatisation is achieved when the heartbeat is normal at rest, you can eat and sleep well and have no headache.
- High-altitude sickness.- Acute mountain sickness (AMS), cerebral oedema and pulmonary oedema. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) know locally as Soroche is the most common of the three variations. The symptoms of AMS or altitude sickness, which usually develop six to 12 hours after exposure to altitude, are severe headache, nausea, and sleeplessness, drinks lots of water or lots of coca tea with sugar.
- Remedies for Altitude sickness, AMS, or Soroche.- Given the altitudes many people habitually travel to and live at, it`s not surprising that many local remedies are advocated for treating altitude sickness. Probably the best know remedy is mate de coca, (tea made from coca leaves) or chewing coca leaves, but others include tea made from the leaves of various high altitude plants. Coramina glucosada, Effortil, Micoren or Sorojchi, a blend of Micoren, caffeine and aspirin. These remedies may help alleviate some of the symptoms (although rest, painkillers and oxygen will have the same effect), but they won`t affect how quickly you acclimatise.
- Fitness.- Trekking can be a moderate - strenuous activity, particularly if you`re not in peak physical condition, so make sure what you are planning is within your capabilities and that there is some flexibility built into your plans.
- Training.- If you can, some pre-trek fitness training is a good idea, and will reduce the likelihood of sprains, falls and overuse injuries. Start to get fit at least a couple of months before you leave, it is much better to walk briskly in hilly country than to run along level roads. Cycling is also a good way of preparing for trekking, since it involves most of the same muscles, this will strengthen the thigh muscles which in turn protect the knees.
- Equipment.- Make sure you are fully prepared for the environment conditions you`re likely to encounter and take a well stocked personal medical kit.
- Footwear.- Running shoes and sandal are not much use on a trek if rough terrain, so unless you can get hold of a decent pair of walking boots.
- High altitude trekking.- Make sure you know what to look for and what to do if you develop signs of altitude illness.
- Sunburn.- The combination of equatorial sun and high altitude makes sunburn a real danger to hikers in the Andes. Protect yourself with long, loose clothing and a really good suncream made for skiers or mountaineers, with a protection factor of 20. Lipsalve is essential to prevent cracked lips and should contain sunscreen, and remember how vulnerable your nose is. Wear a broad-brimmed hat and a long-sleeved shirt, at least until you have built up a protective tan and, if wearing a T-shirt, protect the back of your neck with a bandana or neckerchief.
- Travel Insurance.- Check that your insurance covers you for trekking, and consider joining a local emergency rescue organisation.
- The best camp sites along the Inca Trail trek.- Our first campsite is at Ayapata camp (3,200 masl) and second camp at Chaquicocha (2,900 masl) are the best campsites from the entire Inca Trail trek, (not crowded and very tranquil sites). Our 3rd night camping is in Wiñaywayna campsite
- 100% of our groups achieve to this campsite, which is only 2 hours near Machupicchu and 1 hour to the Sun`s Gate on Day 4 th early. Late bookings are often with Phuyupatamarca campsite due to lack of camping spaces in Wiñay-wayna and it is from 4 to 5 hours to reach Machupicchu.... so book early.
- SAS Travel is not only a licensed specialist operator for Inca Trail treks with more than 20 years, is one of the most reliable and experienced tour operator in Peru, the first trekking local operator providing quality treks in Peru. Inspired and supported by a group of reputables mountain guides from Cusco. The service provided by SAS Travel is second to none, (Top guides, buffet style meals, quality equipment, well treated porters, etc) and the price that we offer is very competitive and offers great value for your money. The tour price was quoted in US$ dollars at S/3.40 Peruvian sol, today the dollar dropped significantly to S/ 2.61 SAS Travel have not increased the price of this premium group service !!
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.- Select the date of departure of your Tour on the Calendar.
- Fill in the required details. Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are traveling with a group. You will generate a reservation code.
- 2.- To confirm your reservation, make an online payment immediately a booking deposit or pre-payment of US$ 1,000 pp + 5% using your reservation code with a credit/debit card (MC, Visa, Amex, Diners are accepted). There is 5% fee for payments with cards. Before paying please inform your Bank that you are paying overseas.
- You will receive your tour confirmation and details of your Tour in your email within 24 hours.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require full payment of your tour 1 month before the day when your tour starts, make an online payment in our website with your reservation code OR you can pay us in our office in Cusco at your arrival in USD$ Dollars.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel Peru wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please read the following conditions carefully as it is your contract with us. The quote given by us will be valid for 30 days from the date of final quote delivery. This time restriction is given as domestic flight prices, prices of trains / other services and hotels can change at short notice. If you have any questions whatsoever regarding your vacation, the booking procedure or conditions of sale then SAS Travel Peru will be happy to answer them for you.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE.- We strongly recommend that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Check here travel insurance: http://www.worldnomads.com/
- INTERNATIONAL AIR FARES.- Our prices do not include the international air fares to Latin America (although many inter-country connecting flights may be included, depending on your agreed itinerary), international airport taxes, meals not specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, tips and baggage porterage.
- You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to any and all hotel accommodations. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” or your Tam has expired, ie your stay has exceded 60 days…. the 19% tax will have to be charged by the hotel according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. In Peru Costamar is a good Travel Agency for International and Dometic Flight Tickets.
- CANCELATION OF MULTIDAY PACKAGE BY YOU.- Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel . The charges are shown below: 60 days and more days before departure:
- 1.- Retention of your booking deposit USD$ 1,000.00 per person.
- 2.- Writen cancelation from 59 to 30 days before departure: 75% of total price of the tour package.
- 3.- Cancelation sess than 30 days: 100% of price of the tour package.
- CONDITIONS OF THE 4 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU.
- 1.- You must advise SAS travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Payment of your balance in the Cusco SAS office is requested in cash. US $ is easier but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.4 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 8% commission.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2016 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 5.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is $15.
- 6.- Unless you hire an extra porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and the mattress. if you want an extra porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well. If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the inca trail and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this $70 fee.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- 7.- a. Cancelation of tour once a permits has been purchased, hotels booked and you have received a confirmation incurs a loss of booking deposit USD $1,000.00 per person non-refundable however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here. We can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 80.00
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non-transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
- 9.- 4 Days / 3 Nights package includes transport to Cusco, the train return depends on train company availability. Our preference would be a train departure between 4pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accomodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter. So there may be some slight variability around those dates and full high season, for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10.-4 days-4 night -package with overnight in Aguas Calientes includes 09:22am train to Ollantaytambo on day 5. ( unless you specified at the time of booking a alternative afternoon train option ) Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid. So please email us to confirm if you would prefer the afternoon train on the 5th day with transport through to Cusco, instead of morning train to Ollantaytambo.
- 11.- If you decide not to go for any reason, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a guide will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities (Ollantaytambo or Cusco). helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, we recommend to have a Travel Insurance eg: WorldNomade if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. (Hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with your group is provided. Only Train to Aguas Calientes is not included it is USD$ 80.00 per person extra.)
- 12.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 15.- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 3.40 Soles for US$1) in our Office.
- 16.- Final Balance Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 3 weeks prior to your arrival date and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- I have read and accept the conditions signature.