US$ 2,250.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
US$ 2,000 pp in a Triple Room
US$ 100 Disc for student
US$ 400 Extra for solo traveler
The Jorge Chavez Lima Airport recently renovated it is safe, modern and very practical airport, International and Domestic flights are located together at one area so its not difficult to be ready for your next flight.
Once you have all your luggage in a trolley, you just leave the arriving area and you walk straight through, hundreds of people waiting for their families... the area of Domestic flight checkings, is located on your left side you can see several Airlines counters, note Peruvian Airlines is Counter number 1, further down when is the last LAN counter, on the left side is the access through stairs or lift to the second floor where you will find different shops, restaurants, cafes, internet ,massages services.
Best to choose any Coffee shop with comfortable couches for few hours rest.
Boarding check start around 3:30 am.
In Peru airports and Banks are not a recommend places to exchange US$ Dollars to Soles Peruvian Money , best to use Casa de Cambios.
Is it for me?
5 Days Special Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu, Cusco the old Incas Capital City, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros and the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Boat trip through the highest navigable Titicaca Lake, Uros,Taquile and Amantani Islands and their friendly people, Lima Kings City the impresive central area with the one of the nicest main Plaza in South America, colonial churches and convents and Miraflores modern and safe area.
All rates are quoted in US dollars. Prices are per person based on double / Triple occupancy.
Moderate to Challenging.
VIVA el PERU -15 Day Tour (with 5 Day Inca Trail trek with 8 Kg porter service) Group Service.
Last Minute Information
- AVAILABLE PERMITS ON: 2023 - 2024:
- DAILY DEPARTURES CONFIRMED: (Min 2 Person) .
- Visit and Explore the Magic Cusco with its marvel sites, Qosqo was the favorite Inca´s Capital City in XV century. Admire Coricancha -The sun Temple and SAQSAYWAMAN -that was built as a symbol of the unification of the Inca empire, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Pisac, Ollantaytambo. Hike the famous INCA TRAIL TREK and find peace, joy and beauty at MACHU PICCHU. VIP class Bus to Puno. Floating Island Tour, Bus to Chivay to see the Colca Canyon then continue to Arequipa.
- The permits for Inca Trail trek every year are LIMITED. FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. Book ONLINE WELL IN ADVANCE: (6-2 months before.) WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU to -ACT NOW. TRIPS with SAS, Great value tours, Guaranteed quality and service. Extensive local knowledge. Friendly and knowledgeable guides and staff. Put your mind at ease. We are a reputable and highly reliable Peruvian tour Operator with more than 25 years of expertise.
- Inca Trail Small Groups size: 4-6-12 person (Occasionally 16 participants). Exceptional mountain guides, cooks and porters make your trip authentic, enjoyable and hassle-free.!
- HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION.-
- Once you have checked the Availability page CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE: (e-mail contact or contact one of our staff), Select the date departure of your Tour on the Calendar. (Day 1 is the date of your arrival to Cusco). Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are traveling with a group.
- To confirm your reservation, pay online immediately a booking deposit of US$ 1000 pp + 5% using your reservation code with a credit/debit card (MC, Visa, Amex, Diners). There is 5% fee for payments with cards. Before paying please inform your Bank that you are paying overseas. In case you would like to add Huaynapicchu Mountain permit please let us know.
- You will receive your tour confirmation and details of your Tour in your email within 24 hours.
- TICKET for HUAYNA PICCHU: Huayna Picchu Mountain Tickets are limited. The admission ticket is US$85.00 pp usually you can do this extra walk after your Machu Picchu´s tour, please let us know ASAP... if you are considering this so we can purchase your permits.
- MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco, Book 6-5 months before and GET a FREE Upgrade to Deluxe or Suite room and a FREE walking tour to San Pedro Market . We offer Medical and Oxygen assistance 24/7.
Day 1: Flight to Cusco. Reception and transfer to Hotel Marqueses.
Day 2: Cusco Free Morning. Afternoon Cusco City Tour Hotel Marqueses
Day 3: Sacred Valley tour Hotel Marqueses,
Day 4 Free day to relax or explore Cusco. Hotel Marqueses.
Day 5: Classic 4 Day Inca Trail trek with shared porter 8 Kg per person. Camp
Day 6: Classic 4 Day Inca Trail trek Woman`s Pass Camp in Chaquicocha.
Day 7: Classic 4 Day Inca Trail trek Sayaqmarca,Phuyu and Wiñaywayna.
Day 8: 4 Day Inca Trail trek Machupicchu, hot springs. Night in A.Calientes
Day 9: Train at 9:00am return to Cusco, Free afternoon, Hotel Marqueses.
Day 10: VIP class Cusco to Puno bus (Titikaca Lake) Accom in Qalasaya Hotel
Day 11: Boat to Uros + Amantani islands, meals B,L,D Accom in rustic homes.
Day 12: Taquile island, return to Puno by boat, night in Qalasaya Meals: B,L
Day 13: Puno to Chivay bus, see condors and Canyon, Hotel Pozo del Cielo.
Day 14: Enjoy Chivay and arounds afternoon return to Arequipa Hotel Castillo.
Day 15: Mid day Transfer to the airport Flight to Lima. End of our service.
What is Included:
- Flight ticket Lima - Cuzco
- Flight Ticket Arequipa - Lima.
- Reception and transfer to Hotel Marqueses at your arrival to Cusco.
- Cusco City tour, Saqsawaman,Tambomachay, Koricancha,Qenko.
- Sacred Valley, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero
- Special 5 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu includes: Full board meals,
- 8 Kg personal porterage service in Inca Trail hike.
- Tourist Train tickets, bus, entrance fee & trekking guide.
- 5 Nights Hotel Marqueses Cusco, breakfast included,
- 3 nights in Double Tent Camping
- 1 night in Hostel Viajeros in Machupicchu (Double Room)
- Inca Express VIP Bus Puno to Cusco with Lunch
- 2 Day Lake Titicaca tour: Motor boat, entrance fee, Hostel,Guide & meals.
- 2 Day Colca Canyon excursion + private transport, guide.
- 1 night with a Family in the Amantani Island.
- 2 Nights in Hotel Qalasaya in Puno with breakfast
- 1 Night in Hotel Posada Castillo in Arequipa with breakfast
- 1 Night in Hotel Qalasaya in Colca Canyon Tour with breakfast
What is not Included:
- Entries for City tour and Sacred Valley US$60.00 pp
- Entrance fees for Inca sites en route to Puno US$12 -Optional
- Hot springs in Colca and Machupicchu 15 soles -Optional
- Sleeping bag to hire US$ 25 for the entire trek.
- Trekking poles to hire US$ 20 for the entire trek.
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu US$ 85 pp ($ 40 with University student card) -Optional
- Snacks for the hike as energy bars, snickers,dried fruits.
- Tips for the trekking crew porters,cooks and guides.
- Flight Tickets Lima-Cusco.
- Travel Insurance. Check: Nomade Insurance
- Hot Springs pools in Aguas Calientes -Optional (15 soles)
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- Daypack to carry your personal items
- Personal porter for Inca Trail ( we provide a duffle bag for your belongings)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 5ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support strong running shoes
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries,Binoculars
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 300 extra soles.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpful staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hot spring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes.- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Wiracocha US$ 25.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -Inkaterra US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Inkaterra US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Since clients are taking different option of tours and packages, you may not be neccessary at the same group with the same people in your tours.
- Inca Trail trek group size : 8 -16 participants in agroup Service
- Sacred Valley tour and Cusco Tour 6 -18 person
- Titikaca Lake tour 15-24 person
- Lima city Tour 15-24 person.
- Colca Canyon tour 9-12 person.
- You won´t be with the same people doing same itinerary as you except the trek to Machupicchu. I f you are solo traveller, couple or family you can join into our Package tours service at any departure day, our only concern is availability of Inca Trail trek, so book or request in advance. If in your planned dates no Inca trail trek permits are available you can still book this same Package with our alternative treks as Lares Valley or Salkantay trek instead ( see our fixed departures for those treks ending at Machupicchu )
Frequently Asked Questions
- Once you have checked Availability (e-mail contact or contact one of our staff), Select the date departure of your Tour on the Calendar. Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are travelling with a group. You will generate a reservation code. Methods of Payment:
- 1.- Pay in our website a booking deposit of US$ 1000 pp + 5% with Credit/Debit Card (Visa,MC,Amex,Diners). Before paying please inform to your Bank that you are paying overseas. Use the reservation code number you have generated. (There is a 5% fee for payments with cards). OR
- 2.- For a group bookings (4-5 people). Pay with credit/debit card (Visa,MC,Amex,Diners) as it is indicated above OR make a Bank Transfer to our bank account. For Bank details please e-mail to: [email protected]
- You will receive your tour Confirmation and details of your Tour to your email within 24 Hours.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require full payment of your tour 1 month before the day when your tour starts, make an online payment in our website with your reservation code OR you can pay us in our office in Cusco at your arrival in USD$ Dollars.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel office staff and guides of any medical problems or allergies. You need to have a good health and a good level of fitness is required. If your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, you will need to present us with a current medical certificate. It is highly recommended to arrive to Cusco a few days before your hike and stay in Cusco at least 3 - 1 nights previous to your hike so that your body is prepared for the altitude.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour, please advise the guide at that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must carry your original passport and valid University student card (if applicable) on the trail. If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your booking and permit documents, the control will annul your permit and refuse your entry to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must send us a copy of your new passport or email the new numbers and bring both of your passport with you, or if this is not possible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the Park controllers with official documentation to avoid problems.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student with University student cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it is confirmed though our agent. A Youth Travel card is not accepted to pay as a student by the Park control.
- 5.- A personal porter for 8 Kg is included in this tour, at the time of briefing a duffle bag will be given to you so you can pack your items previous to the morning of your hike (Please make sure your duffle bag does not exceed the limit of the weight amount you requested, all hotels can provide you with a scale to weigh your bag.) The rest of your belongings can be stored in your Hotel or you can leave them in our Hotel Marqueses near SAS Travel office.
- 6.- Every hiker must have and bring a comfortable 20-30 L daypack to carry your personal items. Bring 2-3 litres of drinkable water for Day 1 (disposable plastic bottles, plastic bags are forbidden). Our crew will offer you boiled water at Lunch time on 2nd Day until the end of the hike, locals sell bottled water and drinks on route and campsites on Day 1 and 2. Hot showers are available on the 1st campsite for 15 Soles (if wanted). At the campsite we will offer you hot water for washing/cleaning purposes.
- 7.- If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for a hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the Inca Trail hike and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this US$70 fee.(This depends if there is someone else willing to share the tent that is the same gender.)
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been purchased and processed. It is non transferable nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited and penalties costs will be applied. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot/permits after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machu Picchu admission in other tours such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machu Picchu on the indicated reserved dates.
- 9.- This package includes a simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes and we ask you to please read the Recommendations section in the web page in case you would like to upgrade to a hotel option. The expedition train return will be on Day 5 th at 15:00 Hrs from Aguas Calientes to Cusco train station or a train to Ollantaytambo plus a private transport to Cusco, returning to Cusco by 19:30 Hrs approx in both cases.
- 10.- If you decide not to go, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter or assistant will accompany you back to a safe area with emergency assistance at Ollantaytambo town, from here you can continue by train to Aguas Calientes town and meet the group on the 4th morning (train cost will be at your expenses US$70-80 approx). Helicopter air lift and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, therefore we recommend to have Travel Insurance. If you fail to complete the hike due to illness we will assist you to meet your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour there, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. If this is the case a hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with the group will be provided by SAS Travel with no extra cost, except the train to Aguas Calientes which costs US$ 70-80 pp and the bus up to Machu Picchu which costs US$14.
- 11.- Huayna Picchu Mountain Entry.- Upon availability and need to book in advance $85 per person..This ticket is not included, if this is your interest book for the 5th day which means you need to enter the control between 7am and 7.50am. Most people take the bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu at 6.30 am ($12.00) and then start the day with the climb for first light over Machu Picchu and then have plenty of time after to further explore Machu Picchu. However if you prefer the 2nd session that starts between 10:00 and 11:00 am then please let us know by writing this clearly in the comments and ensuring you have been confirmed with this specification.
- 12.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides.(US$50-60) is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least 300 soles. Total per person (US$150 -US$180) approximately.
- 13.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Get a one week insurance with Nomads Insurance.
- 14.- When transportation strikes are declared in Cusco without previous notice, the entire group will need to depart Cusco the night before of the tour and do camping near the beginning of the trail to avoid the risk of cancelation of your tour.(We recommend you to come to the SAS Travel office when you arrive to Cusco, to make sure that everything is ready and we ask you to bring your original passport with you.) We recommend to arrive to Cusco a few days prior to your tour.
- 15.- In extreme cases when Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Salkantay or Lares Valley trek and your booking deposit and payment money will be used for this, There will be no refund from the original payment, or other train trips to Machu Picchu.
- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness or loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment from our company.
- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, political strikes, road strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client responsibility to carry a Travel Insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel .
- The charges are shown below:
- a.- Cancellation of tour once you have booked, permits has been purchased, hotels booked a reservation has been confirmed incurs in the loss of the booking deposit US$1,000.00 per person plus cards or Paypal surcharges. Non-refundable booking deposit.
- b- Cancellation of tour from the date of confirmation to 60 Days before the tour departure date incurs in a loss of 70% of total cost of the tour. You must pay the final balance online using your reservation code.
- c- Cancellation of tour within 59 Days to 35 Days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total cost of the tour. You must pay the final balance online using your reservation code.
- d- Cancellation of tour within 34 days to 15 Days of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total cost of the tour. You must pay the final balance online using your reservation code.
- e- Cancellation of tour within 14 Days to 72 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost. You must pay the final balance online using your reservation code.
- However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your train tickets and permits entrance to Machu Picchu, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4. We will however if it is your desire present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company.
- FINAL PAYMENT:
- The final balance of your tour will be sent to your email with detailed information. You must pay the full balance of your tour 2 months before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options indicated in our website or before this date. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes, Vistadome Train return etc) you must contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by contacting our staff at: [email protected]
- We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You will need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.Or pay in US$ cash at our office in Cusco at your arrival. (Payments with cards in our office in Cusco are not accepted).
- I have read and accept the conditions.