Choquequirao Trek & MachuPicchu + HuaynaPicchu Mt. 8 Day/7Nights -Daily Departures. Private Tour.
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu, train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... Book online, get a code and pay a deposit in advance (7-2 months in advance). SEE below our Confirmed Fixed departures dates: **Small group 4-8 person. US$ US$ 1,490 per person. -Based in shared room.
- CONFIRMED FIXED DEPARTURES ON:
- AUGUST : 7, 18, 29
- SEPTEMBER : 7, 18, 29
- OCTOBER: 7, 18, 29
- NOVEMBER: 7, 18, 29
- DECEMBER: 7, 18, 29
- JANUARY 2019: 7, 18, 29
- APRIL 2019: 7, 18, 29
- MAY 2019: 7, 18, 29
- JUNE 2019: 7, 18, 29
- JULY 2019: 7, 18, 29
- PRIVATE TOURS.- We offer DAILY DEPARTURES tours with the option to build up a small group for you with other hikers and price will be reduced and upon number of participants. (2 person minimum) Book Now!. (If you have a group of 4-6 person and your interested starting date IS NOT LISTED ABOVE ...then we can open a new departure date, Book Now!.
- ENJOY THE WALKING TO HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN.- The Entrance Ticket for this spectacular walk is included, it takes 2 hours in and back... but there are Limited places!... (this is another strong reason why to book in advance.) Only 200 tourists a day are able walk to Huayna Picchu mountain at 11am. (When permits for Huayna Picchu Mt have already run out, sold out... then we will offer you to walk to Montana Machu Picchu) which takes 4 hours in and back... of course Huayna Picchu walk is by far the cherry of the cake! so book on shortly!.
- HOW TO BOOK Once you have checked our group departures. Choose your interested / preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) on the Calendar (left side). Fill in your details and group as is requested in the format. Pay a booking deposit ONLINE of $500 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or Paypal with your reservation code. For Private tours or for dates not listed, just choose on the calendar your interested departure date and fill out your details, get a reservation code, then pay a deposit to confirm.
- BEST TIME TO HIKE.- From end of April to end of January. (Dry season)
- ADVANTAGES.- Not so crowded as other hikes around Cusco, you carry a small day pack, mules are provided to carry equipment and your belongings, amazing Inca sites located at the high jungle, impressive views of Apurimac Canyon, walk in this ancient and spectacular Inca Trail not discovered yet by trekkers located deep in the high jungle then connect to the famous Salkantay trail, afterward explore the magical Machu Picchu, climb to Huayna Picchu Mt and hot springs at Aguas Calientes town, return to Cusco by Train at 8.00 pm on Day 8th.
- CHOQUEQUIRAO TVPERU.VIDEO
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 15% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. Reservations at: [email protected]
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2018 TripAdvisor LLC
Daily Departures for a Private tour
CHOQUEQUIRAW TREK + MACHUPICCHU 8 DAY TREK The old Inca Trail !!
Choquequirao or Choquekiraw means "Cradle of Gold" in Quechua Inca´s language, although this is probably not its original name. It is another "Lost City of the Incas" rediscovered officially late in 20th century located high on a ridge spur almost 1750 mts above the raging glacier-fed Apurimac River and surrounded by towering Salkantay and Humantay snow-capped peaks.
Choquequirao was build during the last days of the Inca empire in the government of the Inca Pachacutec 1490, by Tupac Inca Yapanqui, and probably after the Spanish invasion in 1532. Almost 40 years the Inca's held stand against the spanish conquerors (between 1536 - 1572). The construction of the different levels of temples, palaces, canals and aqueducts is really fantastic. "Choquequirao is the city which demonstrates the inspiring example of an elite Inca ceremonial center. A city dedicated to worship the “Pachamama” the andean mother earth “the Apus” mountain gods and divinities, the river and the elements of nature." Choquequirao finally burned down and left deserted. This happened probably after the execution of the last Inca, Tupac Amaru I in 1572.
What is Included:
- Experienced English speaking Guide, Cook and Horseman
- Private Transportation to Cachora,
- Full board meals during the trek (vegetarian option or special diets by request
- Camping Equipment Eureka tent for 2 person, dining tent, tables and chairs
- Foam pad roll Mattress
- Trekking poles.
- Horses to carry camping equipment
- 1 Extra horse in case of emergency
- Entrance Fees and Admission fee for Machupicchu
- Tourist Train ticket return from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- 1 Night in Hotel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes
- 6 Kg Porter for your personal belongings
- A duffle bag is provided for your personal items
- You need to carry small day-pack with camera, water and snacks.
What is not Included:
- Up-Grade Vistadome train return to Cusco US$ 50 pp (Optional).
- Sleeping Bags Down US$40 for 6 nights
- Back Pack 20 liters US$30
- Bottle water, sodas or beers
- Tips for your crew are optional not mandatory.
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport.
- Daypack to carry your personal belongings
- 3 season personal sleeping bag or you can hire.
- Waterproof strong trekking boots. (Imperative)
- Water container, (2 liters of drinkable water for Day 1)
- Raincoat or poncho.
- Warm clothes, Light clothes, 4 pairs of socks, T shirts,a fleece.
- Hat, sun block, sunglasses, insect repellent and flashlight.
- Extra plastic bags, to maintain our equipment dry during the rain season.
- CHOQUEQUIRAO and MACHU-PICCHU Trek 8 Day and 7 Night. -Private tour.
- It’s a mix of 2 amazing treks, Chokequiraw and a section of Salkantay mountain trek, we will pass from the Inca City of Chokequirao to Machupicchu, we need good trekking conditions and some experience, we also will see the difference between the Apurimac Valley(Chokequirao), and the Urubamba Valley(Machupicchu), altitude levels, landscapes and the variety of Plants and Animals. Distance: 110 km , When to go: Best from April to October,Altitude: 2,700 masl to 4,600 masl, Difficulty: Moderate
- Daily Departures for Private tours.
- We highly recommend you to include the walk to the mountain HuaynaPicchu in your tour to Machupicchu, it takes 2 hours and you can start after your tour finish, extra of US10 pp.
- ... A Machu Picchu without the crowds, without the vendors, without the long lines of buses snaking through the Peruvian countryside exists- and it’s called Choquequirao. By ETHAN TODRAS-WHITEHILL.
- Firstly.- Before you book your tour we urge you to read all the information, descriptions, general details, booking conditions and tour notes for your trip.
- Step 1.- CLICK: BOOKING HERE:
- Step 2.- Select your tour and fill out with your personal details. If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code. But please complete details of your companion or group on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit, pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE Reservation Code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 500 per person.
- 1.- Pay a Booking Deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 500 per person. (US$ 500+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay a Booking Deposit with Paypal.- US$ 530 per person. (US$ 500+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%
- 3.- Transfer with Western Union. Ask for details at: [email protected]
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- YOU MUST ADVISE SAS TRAVEL OF ANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS OR ALLERGIES.
- 2.- YOU NEED TO BE IN GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH.
- 3.- YOU MUST ADVISE YOUR GUIDE IF YOU WISH TO LEAVE THE GROUP, FOR INDEPENDENT WALKS OR SIGHTSEEING.
- 4.- IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SERVICE OF THE GUIDE OR TOUR PLEASE ADVISE THE GUIDE IN THIS MOMENT SO HE CAN RESOLVE PROBLEMS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- 5.- YOU MUST CARRY YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT AND STUDENT CARD (IF IS THE CASE) ON THE TRAIL, OTHERWISE A ADULT FEE WILL BE CARGED,
- 6.- CHANGE OF DATES IS NOT POSSIBLE AFTER THE TOUR HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND PROCESSED, YOU MAY TRANSFER YOUR SPACE TO ANOTHER SUITABLE PERSON,THE BOOKING DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED .
- 7.- CANCELATION OF TOUR WITHIN 6 WEEKS (42 DAYS) TO 1 WEEK (7 DAYS) OF DEPARTURE DATE INCURS A LOSS OF 80% OF TOTAL TOUR COST...
- CANCELATION OF TOUR WITHIN 6 DAYS - 36 HOURS OF DEPARTURE INCURS A LOSS OF 90% OF TOTAL TOUR COST...
- 8.- CANCELATION OF TOUR WITHIN 36 HOURS OF DEPARTURE INCURS A LOSS OF TOTAL TOUR COST... HOWEVER WE CAN ORGANIZE AN ALTERNATIVE TOUR TO VISIT MACHU PICCHU BY TRAIN WITH OVERNIGHT IN AGUAS CALIENTES JOINING YOUR GROUP AND UTILIZING YOUR PERMIT WITHIN THIS CANCELLATION PENALTY CHARGE.
- 9.- THE PACKAGE INCLUDES: ACCOMMODATION IN AGUAS CALIENTES AND EXPEDITION TRAIN RETURN TO CUSCO.
- 10.- NO REFUND ON ORIGINAL PAYMENT. HELICOPTER AIR LIFTS AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE ARE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE PASSENGER.
- 11.- YOU CAN HAVE A DOCUMENT TO CERTIFY ILLNESS AND PRESENT FOR YOUR TRAVEL INSURANCE.
- 12.- YOU ARE TOTALLY RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY AND HIRED EQUIPMENT.
- 13.- IF YOU BECOME ILL OR INJURED ON THE TRAIL AND ARE UNABLE TO CONTINUE, A PORTER AND MULE WILL BE PROVIDED TO ACCOMPANY YOU BACK TO AN AREA WITH EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE CAPABILITIES. HELICOPTER AIR LIFTS AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE ARE PAID AT THE EXPENSE OF THE PASSENGER. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETE THE TOUR DUE TO ILLNESS WE WILL ASSIST YOU TO MEET WITH YOUR GROUP AT MACHUPICCHU TO RECOMMENCE YOUR TOUR AT THAT POINT. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND FROM THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT, HOWEVER WE WILL PREPARE A DOCUMENT TO CERTIFY ILLNESS WHICH CAN BE USED TO PRESENT TO YOUR TRAVEL INSURANCE COMPANY.
- 14.- SAS TRAVEL WILL TAKE ALL REASONABLE CARE IN PROVIDING SERVICE TO OUR CLIENTS TO AVOID ACCIDENT, ILLNESS, LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY AND WILL ONLY EMPLOY SUITABLY QUALIFIED STAFF. WE ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTIONS OF OUR OWN EMPLOYEES. SAS TRAVEL CANNOT HOWEVER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTION OR EVENT THAT WAS UNFORESEEABLE OR UNAVOIDABLE. WE ALSO CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPROPER ACTS BY CLIENTS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY. YOU ARE TOTALLY RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL PROPERTY AND RENTED EQUIPMENT.
- 15.- SAS TRAVEL DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADDITIONAL COSTS DUE TO UNFAVORABLE WEATHER CONDITIONS, NATURAL CATASTROPHE, STRIKES, ACCIDENTS, ILLNESS, INJURY, LOSS OF PERSONAL ITEMS, ETC. IT IS THE CLIENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO CARRY INSURANCE TO COVER THESE TYPES OF EVENTS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CANCEL
- I ACCEPT THIS CONDITIONS :