Permits for Inca Trail Trek 4, 5 Days from
APRIL to SEPTEMBER 2019 are SOLD OUT
-so we encourage you to book as soon
as possible for treks on OCTOBER, NOVEMBER and DECEMBER 2019. Otherwise CHECK OUT our
US$ 720.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Student price: US$ 670 pp (with University, College student card which must be scanned to us at the time of booking.) Or for childs between 11 and less than 16 years of age at time of trek please send copy of photo page of passport to receive student price $650 pp
Extra night in Aguas Calientes town after your trek
ADVANTAGES of this Tour: Allow you spend more extra time in Machupicchu after your guided tour and you can explore in your own other amazing areas at this unique sanctuary and return again to the temples or sectors for pictures or rituals.
Gives you the oportunity to climb Huaynapicchu mountain on Day 4th or the next day (Organize a Ticket in advance directly with the Park Office US$60 fee per person or let us know to purchase your ticket) or walk to the Inca Bridge trail still without any restrictions. Walk downhill for an hour to Aguas Calientes town.
Visit the renewed Julio C Tello- Museum and the Botanical & Orchids Garden near Puente Ruinas (old Machupicchu Train Station).
Relax in the Hot Springs open pools at late afternoon at town (10 soles) if you like or get to bed early after a big day. Dinner at Hostal Viajeros and accommodation in private rooms.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
Machu Picchu The Lost City of the Incas was elected in the 7 New Wonders of the World on July 2007.
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... ! The advantage of this option over the standard 4 day trek with return on the 4th afternoon is that you can spend the whole day in Machu Picchu and then soak in the hotsprings in the evening in Aguas Calientes rather than take a 4 hour journey back to Cusco this night!
Distance: 45 Km / 28 Miles
Duration: 4 Days + extra night in Aguas Calientes
When to go: The best time to visit is April through October, it’s the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the dry season.
Altitude: 2680m/8817ft to 4200m/13818ft
Difficulty: The trek is rated moderate, any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route (entire trek is practically 3 full days ( 6-8 hrs walk) on Day 4 only 2-3 hrs to reach MP).
Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC
Note that the Inca Trail is closed February.
The night before of your tour at 7:00 pm in our Office at Calle Garcialso 270 -Cusco.
Pre-departure 30-40 minutes briefing presented by your trek guides and opportunity to meet the other participants in your group.
To see the dates still possible for inca trail start dates click on this link http://online-systems.co/reservas/availability/
Bus to Km 82/ 28miles / 45 Km walk to Machupicchu/ Bus to Aguas Calientes/ Train to Ollantaytambo
We highly recommend MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
Inca Trail 4Day/4Night with extra night in Aguas Calientes -Group Service
Last Minute Information
- PERMITS for INCA TRAIL TREK are LIMITED and highly requested on: 2019, 2020. FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. -WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU to -ACT NOW. BOOK ONLINE WELL IN ADVANCE: (10-8 months before.) WALK with a great PURPOSE... MACHU PICCHU,(the hidden city on top of the mountain with no name), you NEED to SEE this amazing place before it is too late. -BOOK NOW ! Great value trip, Guaranteed quality and service. Extensive local knowledge. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. A personal touch. Put your mind at ease. We are reputable and highly reliable local operator for more than 25 years.
- Small Groups size: 6-12 (occasionally 16 participants). Exceptional mountain guides, cooks and porters make your trip authentic, enjoyable and hassle-free.!
- EARLY BOOKING SPECIAL 2019 - 2020:
- US$ 720 per person without a personal porter.
- US$ 780 per person. (Includes: 6 Kg personal porter)
- US$ 800 per person. (Includes: 8 Kg personal porter)
- US$ 50 off for students with University card or under 16.
- FIXED DEPARTS: Available Permits and Open groups on: 2019 - 2020:
- Permits from July to October are SOLD OUT for ALL companies.
- AVAILABLE ON: For 4 Day, 4Day/4Night, 5 Day Trek + others mentioned above.
- NOVEMBER 2019: 1, 5, 8, 12, 14, 17, 21, 23, 27, 29
- DECEMBER 2019: 2, 4, 6, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 24, 28, 30
- Important Note.-For dates not mentioned above and if you have a group of 4 or more people we can open a new group and secure a tour, make your booking online on this page and pay the booking deposit /prepayment as soon as possible.
- Contact our Experts: WhattsApp: +51 984 652232 | +51 974 218769
- JAN 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31
- MARCH 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31
- APRIL 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30,
- MAY 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31
- JUNE 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31
- JULY 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31
- AUGUST 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31
- SEPTEM 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30
- OCTOBER 2020: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31
- This is our classic 4 Day/4 Night Inca Trail trek -a popular option for good reason! It’s a moderate trek that passes through stunning scenery and a number of fascinating archaeological sites on the way to Machu Picchu, where you’ll have a guided tour and time to explore the site on your own. Night in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs. Next day Train return to Ollantaytambo at 08:45 am. From here you can plan your visit to Maras, Moray and Salt Mines , Chincheros afterward return to Cusco.
- HOW TO BOOK: Online bookings, once you have checked our Confirmed Departures above. Choose on the Calendar -left side (Leaving Dates), the date of your preference. Select the month, year and click on your desired date. Fill in out with your personal details, then below fill in out details of other member in the group in Traveling with, once you have finalized your online booking you will receive an email with a reservation code (Purchase number). -If you do not have a 2nd Option depart date please write again your preferred dapart date. A prepayment/booking deposit is required US$ 315.00 per person.($300 + 5% card fees) Pay a booking deposit online with Visa or MC or through Paypal US$ 318.00 per person.($300 + 6% Paypal fees.)
- If you would like to add an Entrance Pass to Huaynapicchu Mt on 4th Day at 11:00 am after your tour at Machu Picchu then pay a deposit online US$ 385 pp plus 5%, or 6% with Paypal.
- SAS Travel -HIGHLIGHTS:
- Small groups 6-12 -16 max (2 Guides), confirmed departures, personalized service.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced recommended guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious, nutritious and healthy, gourmet meals with local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Inca Trail Survivor T-shirt.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day) in our Hostel Viajeros.
- Hot shower in Aguas Calientes in our Hostel Viajeros at lunch time.
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel:, we never combine with other operators.
- Fully 24/7 assistance in our Cusco Office for other trips or queries.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu: If you would like to add the walk to Huayna Picchu Mountain after the Machu Picchu´s tour, please let us know ASAP... the passes are also limited.It takes 1.5 -2 Hrs. The admission is US$85.00 per person (US$45 pp for students with University card, card holders must send a copy of card by email at the time of booking), Pay online with your reservation code US$ 385 pp plus 5% card fees. Your pass will be valid for 2nd turn at 11:00 a.m after your tour at Machu Picchu. When permits for Huaynapicchu Mt are sold out a good alternative is Montaña Mt walk instead, it will take 3-4 Hrs and it is less steep but longer and we most recommend to hike on Day 5th at 07:00 am.
- Our recommendations:
- Before starting your trek training program, visit your doctor and have a complete medical check over before booking this hike.
- The fitter and more prepared you are, the more you will enjoy your trek, please take some time do some training. Ensure you keep well hydrated. Walk each day with a relaxed, happy attitude. If you are not prepared for a 4 day hike, the 2 Day short hike version is still great and impressive or if you would like to take it easy as much as possible and relax ... simply book an overnight tour by train, have an early guided tour and explore the citadel in your own.
- MULTIDAY TOUR WITH INCA TRAIL TREK:
- 9 Day Tour: Cusco, Sacred Valley,Inca Trail and Huaynapicchu Mt.
- 8 Day Tour: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Hot springs and Inca Trail trek.
- 7 Day Tour: Cusco, Sacred Valley and Inca Trail Trek.
- ALTERNATIVE TREKS AVAILABLE -NOW : Lares Trek + Short Inca Trail 4 Day. SEE our Open Fixed Departures. CLICK HERE for DETAILS:
- Up -dated 2019 PERÚ´s Information, what to SEE and DO: Please Click Here
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 10% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. To reserve please contact Miguel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more information here: MARQUESES Boutique Hotel “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2018 TripAdvisor LLC
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel. We are very proud of our passionate, highly experienced and bilingual Peruvian guides -- and we’re sure you’ll be impressed by them, too! They provide extensive and accurate historical and archaeological information about the Incas as they guide our trekkers around the various sites along the Inca Trail, as well as a memorable and informative guided tour of Machu Picchu. We hike in small groups that give you a more intimate experience, and we provide plenty of flexibility in the tour schedule to give you greater choice and freedom: spending more time in places you like and less in places you are not so interested in. Our experienced team of local porters will carry our tents, food and cooking equipment and assist trekkers when required. They also set up our camp each day. Our cooks prepare delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products. Once you complete the Inca Trail trek, you’ll have a celebratory meal in Aguas Calientes -- and you’ll even receive a certificate of achievement! Many items are included in our Inca Trail trek, such as the return to Cusco on the Expedition train, trekking permits and entrance fees.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or from Sacred Valley.
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour 4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner. (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dinning and cooking tents,table,stools,cooking gear, stove, gas container,cutlery,plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent clean, new, spacious (4 person dome igloo tents).
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snacks at Machupicchu before your tour. (no extra cost).
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Buffet Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Double room with breakfast.
- Expedition train return to Ollanta at 08:50 am (Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco extra 15-20 Soles)
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visit, explore and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.
- Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and Buffet lunch on day 4th (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel (We never put you with other tour operators).
What is not Included:
- Down -Sleeping bag ( -Minus 8ºC) USD$ 25.00
- Thermal rest inflatable mattress USD$ 25.00
- Shared porter for 8 Kg, 12 Kg or 16 Kg (we provide a duffel bag).
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes. Optional (10 soles)
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters.
- Flight Ticket to Cusco. Accommodation in Cusco.
- Travel Insurance.- We recommend book with: World Nomade Insurance.
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (University student card if applicable)
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-350 extra soles
- What Inca Trail Trek to Choose ? If you have a bit of extra time we recommend you choose the Inca Trail tour option:
- Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mt. and Aguas Calientes town 5 Days/ 4Nights.- We definitely believe that if you are doing the Inca Trail trek and also want to climb Huaynapicchu mountain then your best value for money if you have 5 Days is this option. This programe is for those people who want to do the Inca Trail trek, stay overnight in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs pools, second visit of Machupicchu and walk the Huayna Picchu mountain on day 5th.(The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca Trail permit to simply add the Huaynapicchu permit . They only sell the Huaynapicchu permit combined with a Machupicchu entrance fee so is costly.) To get the best value from this you should stay the night in Aguas Calientes and re-visit Machupicchu the next day with your walk up Huaynapicchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machupicchu. This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather ! So this package includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th Day and permit to walk Huaynapicchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 8:00 pm on your 5th Day. (Guide, Bus tickets on Day 5th and Lunch are not included).
- What is Huayna Picchu Mountain walk.-. Huaynapicchu is the steep mountain, towering above the north end Machupicchu, often the backdrop to many photos of the ruins. It looks a bit daunting from below, but while steep, it's not an unusually difficult ascent, and most reasonably fit persons shouldn't have a problem. Stone steps are laid along most of the path, and in the steeper sections steel cables provide a supporting handrail. That said, expect to be out of breath, and take care in the steeper portions, especially when wet, as it can become dangerous quickly. There's a tiny cave near the top that must be passed through, it is quite low and a rather tight squeeze. Take care at the peak, it can be somewhat precarious, and those afraid of heights may want to hang out just below. For most trekkers the wiews are awesome and inspiring. There's also a few ruins near the top. If visiting these ruins, you'll see a second way to start making your descent down the mountain, along some very steep and shallow steps.... these steps are a bit dangerous if wet, but the hike may be well worthwhile. This hike is one of your best bets for getting away from Machu Picchu crowds. Access to Huaynapicchu is limited to 400 visitors per day split In 2 sessions one at 7:00 am and the other at 11.00 am. The 11.00 am time slot is the most popular and so for high season may have to be booked a month in advance and fit just after your group guided tour of the sanctuary. The cost is $85.00 or $45.00 if you have scanned through a valid ISIC card.
- What is Montaña walk.- When permits for Huaynapicchu mountain are sold out you will have only this option, it is a 4 hours walk to the mountain located at the left of the citadel, from the Sun´s Gate left side mountain when you walk down to the citadel.
- Where our tours start.- All our tours as Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu hikes 4Day/3Night , 4Day/4Night or 5Day/4Night, short 2 Day/1Night Inca Trail, alternatives hikes to Salkantay, Lares, HuchuyQosqo, Choquequirao, Auzangate, tours by train to Machupicchu, Jungle trips to Manu Park, trips to Puerto Maldonado start from Cusco, located at 3,400 masl in the southwest mountains region of Peru. Cusco (the centre of the Inca civilization) is the oldest Inka´s ancient capital called Tawantinsuyo, now it is a beautiful and impresive city in Peru with many Inca temples around blended with the Spanish heritage and rich architecture history and Art which from long time ago was named as the Rome of America. Cusco is still not a big city compared Lima or Arequipa, quite safe, a 10 minutes ride from the airport and you are at the centre of Cusco, more than 20 churches,monasteries and Plazas and most of travellers found this city very beautiful, with many good restaurants and shops where staff speak english, most people here speak spanish and Quichua the Inka´s language, official taxis for less than $1.5 per service (3-4 Soles)... then after your great days in Cusco and arounds you can continue visiting Manu National Park, Jungle trips to Puerto Maldonado, Colca Canyon in Arequipa, Nazca Lines, Paracas Reserve, Ballestas Islands, the Lake Titikaca in Puno or still visit Copacabana, Sun Island, Uyuni Salar in Bolivia.
- What is the easiest way to reach Cusco.- Get a flight from Lima (Peru´s capital city) located at the coast near Pacific Ocean at 0 -cero masl , there are several air companies as Taca (Avianca),StarPeru, Peruvian Airlines and the expensive Lan, it takes 1 hour (most of the flights are early in the morning and afternoon). Bus from Lima to Cusco takes 24 Hrs (Cruz del Sur, Oltursa and Civa are rec bus companies if you have plenty of time and your desire is explore the coast).
- Acclimatization for your hike Inca Trail, Salkantay,Lares Choquequirao, Auzangate treks.- Once you arrive to Cusco located at 3,400 masl .. see how many meters high it is from Lima, you may feel a headache and a little tired, best advice is to rest and coca tea, people feel better after a cup a coca leaf tea. For all our hikes around Cusco and MachuPicchu you will need to walk up to over 4,000 masl (more than 1,000 meters) to have this espectacular views from the Andes so you need to acclimate and prepare your body to cope with the mountains while you can hike around Cusco (2-3 days...) see the Sacred Valley with Pisaq, the South Valley with Tipon, The Barroque route & Urcos lake, Maras Moray and Salt Mines, see museums, colonial casonas, Inca´s temples, Plazas and Markets around Cusco.
- 1.- Departure point for the trek: Our meeting point to depart is at Hotel Marqueses at 05:30 am.There are fixed pickup points to help reduce time going to numerous hotels. If you are near Sol Avenue, Cultura Avenue or centre of town be ready at 05:20 am in any Hotel in San Blas please wait for us in front of the Church of San Blas for your transfer departing from 5.00 am. If you are at Loki Hostal, Niños Hotel, Meloc or Arcopata area please waits at the lobby of the hotel at 5.40 am. This information will be clarified by your guides at the briefing the night before the trek.
- 2. - Left Luggage during your trek: It is best to leave extra luggage in your hotel in Cusco since you will arrive back around 8:00 pm on the 4th day. or Free storage of your belongings while on the trek is available at Hotel Marqueses (Calle Garcilaso # 265, Telephone 084 257819). If you want to use this service you must please collect a luggage deposit tag from the briefing the night before and have this secured on your left luggage in Hotel Marqueses by 5.20 am on departure day or organize to leave your bags the night before. You can pick up your belongings at any time from Hotel Marqueses with your tag receipt.
- 3.- Personal Porter: Unless you hire an “extra porter” you need to carry your back pack with personal items, sleeping bag and mattress. If you have no experience in high altitude trekking or are feeling a little worry of it, please let us know immediately as organizing an extra porter for Inca trail is very difficult and not always possible. Regarding ”extra porter”, you will still need to carry a daypack, with your camera, water bottle, snacks, a fleece or something warm and a rain poncho in case of rain and anything you will need before lunch as porters do not walk alongside you. You will possibly meet up with your bag at lunch and then at campsites. We will provide you a duffle bag for your personal items to be carried by personal porter, please return this blue bags after your trek.
- 4.- Passport and student card: We recommend that you bring your original passport and (Univ student card if applicable). If you have booked with an old passport numbers please you must bring both of your passport. Inform previously to our office staff in Cusco.
- 5.- Drinkable water on the trail.- Bring 2 or 3 Lt of water for Day 1 and 2, there will be hot and cool drinks at meals times provided by our staff, we provide boiled water from 2nd Day at lunch time, bottled water and drinks are sold by locals on Day 1 and 2.
- 6.- Time for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes? Yes you will have, very recommended and really good for your legs and body... another 10 minutes extra walk but worth it.
- 7.- Hot shower: ? Only the first camping site.
- 8.- Temperature: Day temperatures vary from 12 -22 degrees Celsius
- you must always use layering to manage the temperatures well. Night temperatures, (in the coldest season May to Sept) average -2 to -5 degrees Celsius. The 3rd night is warmer average 6 degrees Celsius as it is lower altitude.
- 9.- Environmental issues: Please carry your personal rubbish to each campsite where the porters will pack it out. There are toilets at points along the trail and in campsites. At other points please leave the trail on the non-river side at least 30m and burn or bury toilet paper. Please encourage your group and staff to protect the environment.
- 10.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides and emergencies: We recommend to consider US$50-60 this is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least US$90 (for early return from the trail to pay a train ride to Aguas Calientes, bus to Machu Picchu and meet your group at the sun´s gate, and USD$20 for water/drinks, souvenirs,along the trail, Machu Picchu and hot springs at Aguas Calientes. Total per person (US$150 -US$180) approximately. As for all American countries, tipping is common practice and is a part of the experience but not obligatory. Generally groups prepare a collective tip which is shared out between the porters, trekking crew and cook on the 3rd night. It is customary to thank the guides with a voluntary tip after the Tour in Machupicchu on the fourth day. Please only use this information as a “guideline” requested by some trekkers but don`t let it cause you, or any other person in the group discomfort. Some will not tip at all and some may want to tip more but it is a personal and private decision for each individual and should be respected in that way. Please don`t allow it to become stressful and just tip what you feel is correct. Remember some trekkers are students and others successful business men. More detailed information on tipping is available on the website in the frequently asked questions section...Please read this before the trek as the guides don´t tend to give a lot of details when asked since tips are voluntary so they don`t want to make people feel uncomfortable.
- 11.- Climbing of Huayna Picchu Mountain.- On Day 4 at 11:00 am.- If you have reserved and paid for a permit in advance, please reconfirm with our office staff and your trek guide at the briefing time. (When Huayna Picchu permits are sold out a walk to Machu Picchu Mountain is an option -3 hrs. walk). Otherwise a free walk to the Inca Bridge is highly recommended.
- 12.- Bus Down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town and Lunch: After your visit in Machu Picchu you are given your bus ticket for the ride down to Aguas Calientes which you can use at any time if you would like to further explore the site independently. The meeting place in Aguas Calientes is Hostel VIAJEROS (located at the 1st bridge left side) close to the bus arrival area and this is where your buffet lunch in Aguas Calientes is provided from 1.45 pm. At 15:00 pm train return to Cusco and arrive by 7:40 pm.
- 13.- Duffle Bags and personal porter: At lunch time in Aguas Calientes town, your guides will provide sacs to those who hired extra porters for transporting your belongings back to Cusco, If you return to Cusco with the porter´s bag please return it to our office in Cusco or leave it at Hotel Marqueses, if you are at different hotel please send us an email to collect it.
- 14.- Peru Rail train tickets: If you would like any train tickets changes after the start of the trek must be made in person at Perurail in Aguas Calientes Station with proof of identity (ie your original passport.) They may charge fees for change of date and coach options will be according to space availability.
- 15. - Illness once you have started the trek: If you are unable to complete the trek and need to return on the 2nd day, you will be accompanied by a porter to Km 82 and train to Aguas Calientes or from here transport to Ollantaytambo and night at Ollantaytambo.(not included) If you are more seriously ill you will be accompanied by the assistant guide and may need to return to Cusco for medical assistance. You can still join up with the group on the 4th day by taking a train to Aguas Calientes on the 3rd day with overnight here and continue the tour of Machu Picchu as usual but the cost of the train from Cusco is payable by the passenger. All helicopter, van evacuations are at the expense of the passenger.
- 16.- Travel Insurance.- We strongly recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. (Eg: World Nomades Travel Insurance).
Frequently Asked Questions
- After checking the Availability page for this tour,(many of our tour are offered as a Daily Departures) book online and create a reservation code. (If you are travelling as a couple or in a group, please add person´s details as indicated: Travelling with: (write name and surname, passport number, Date of birth and Nationality.)
- Once you have sent your booking, you will receive a Reservation code (e.g: 240611001). (If you don´t receive an immediate email reply please check your spam file or email us: email@example.com) Pay immediately a deposit online on Step 3 with your reservation code. (Pay a deposit for you or for your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets in the same group).
- 1. Pay a booking deposit online with VISA or MasterCard. US$315.00 per person (US$300 + 5% card fee). Or US$ 404.25 per person for Inca trail + Huayna Picchu Ticket (US$385 + 5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2. Pay a booking deposit with PayPal. US$300.00 per person or
- US$385.00 per person (Inca trail + Huayna Picchu pass). * Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- For group bookings (4-5 person) only when there are plenty of permits for this trek you can transfer your deposit to our Bank in Peru. Ask for more details firstname.lastname@example.org Updated Availability and Booking deposit page: Click Here to Pay Online
- Final Payment: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes) you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email. email@example.com (Javier) with your final confirmation and indicating any extra items to be added. We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You’ll need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel office staff and guides of any medical problems or allergies. You need to have a good health and a good level of fitness is required. If your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, you will need to present us with a current medical certificate. It is highly recommended to arrive to Cusco a few days before your hike and stay in Cusco at least 3 - 1 nights previous to your hike so that your body is prepared for the altitude.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour, please advise the guide at that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must carry your original passport and valid student card (if applicable) on the trail. If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your booking and permit documents, the control will annul your permit and refuse your entry to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must send us a copy of your new passport or email the new numbers and bring both of your passport with you, or if this is not possible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the Park controllers with official documentation to avoid problems.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student with ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it is confirmed though our agent. A Youth Travel card is not accepted to pay as a student by the Park control.
- 5.- A personal porter is not included, we recommend you to hike a 8 Kg personal porter when you are booking this tour, at the time of briefing a duffle bag will be given to you so you can pack your items previous to the morning of your hike (Please make sure your duffle bag does not exceed the limit of the weight amount you requested, all hotels can provide you with a scale to weigh your bag.) The rest of your belongings can be stored in your Hotel or you can leave them in our Hotel Marqueses near SAS Travel office.
- 6.- Every hiker must have and bring a comfortable 20-30 L daypack to carry your personal items. Bring 2 litres of drinkable water for Day 1 (disposable plastic bottles, plastic bags are forbidden). Our crew will offer you boiled water at Lunch time on 2nd Day until the end of the hike, locals sell bottled water and drinks on route and campsites on Day 1 and 2. Hot showers are available on the 1st campsite for 15 Soles (if wanted). At the campsite we will offer you hot water for washing/cleaning purposes.
- 7.- If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for a hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the Inca Trail hike and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this US$70 fee.(This depends if there is someone else willing to share the tent that is the same gender.)
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been purchased and processed. It is non transferable nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited and penalties costs will be applied. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot/permits after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machu Picchu admission in other tours such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machu Picchu on the indicated reserved dates.
- 9.- This 4 Days /4 Nights includes a simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes, transport return to Cusco. Our preference would be a train departing at 08.45 am (End of our service is at Ollantaytambo town). At bus station near train gate there are many buses to Cusco for 15-20 Soles. The group will arrive to Machu Picchu by 07:00 am then have 5-6 hrs approx for a guided tour and free time. By 13:00 Hrs we will board a bus down to Aguas Calientes for a last group lunch and enjoy the hot spring and Aguas Calientes town. (Optional for a 2nd visit of Machu Picchu and walk Huaynapicchu Mt or Montaña -need to book in advance and fees are not included, then your train return ticket can be at the afternoon at 15:00 hrs). On days like Inti Raymi, Independence day and easter there may be some slight changes for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10.- If you decide not to go, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter or assistant will accompany you back to a safe area with emergency assistance at Ollantaytambo town, from here you can continue by train to Aguas Calientes town and meet the group on the 4th morning (train cost will be at your expenses US$70-80 approx). Helicopter air lift and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, therefore we recommend to have Travel Insurance. If you fail to complete the hike due to illness we will assist you to meet your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour there, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. If this is the case a hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with the group will be provided by SAS Travel with no extra cost, except the train to Aguas Calientes which costs US$ 70-80 pp and the bus up to Machu Picchu which costs US$14.
- 11.- Huayna Picchu Mountain Entry.- The entrance ticket for this trail is not included in the hike, it is optional due to limited spots,therefore you must reserve and pay in advance US$85.00 per adult / US$ 45.00 with student valid card, you must send us a copy of your students card at the time of booking. This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 11:00 after your guided tour of Machu Picchu or on Day 5th at 07:00 am. In case Huayna Picchu Mountain tickets are sold out the alternative is a walk to Montaña (same costs apply).
- 12.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides.($50-60) is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machupicchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least 300 soles. Total per person ($150 -$180) approximately.
- 13.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Get a one week insurance with Nomads Insurance.
- 14.- When transportation strikes are declared in Cusco without previous notice, the entire group will need to depart Cusco the night before of the tour and do camping near the beginning of the trail to avoid the risk of cancelation of your tour.(We recommend you to come to the SAS Travel office when you arrive to Cusco, to make sure that everything is ready and we ask you to bring your original passport with you.) We recommend to arrive to Cusco a few days prior to your tour.
- 15.- In extreme cases when Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Salkantay or Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit and payment money will be used for this, There will be no refund from the original payment, or other train trips to Machu Picchu.
- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness or loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment from our company.
- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, political strikes, road strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client responsibility to carry a Travel Insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- a.- Cancelation of tour once you have booked, permits has been purchased a reservation has been confirmed incurs a loss of the booking deposit US $300.00 per person plus cards or Paypal surcharges. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel.
- b- Cancellation of tour from the date of confirmation to 60 Days of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- c- Cancellation of tour within 59 Days to 35 Days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- d- Cancellation of tour within 34 days to 15 Days of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- e- Cancellation of tour within 14 Days to 72 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your train tickets and permits entrance to Machu Picchu, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4 and discounts in our Hotel Marqueses in Cusco.
- FINAL PAYMENT:
- The final balance of your tour will be sent to your email with detailed information. You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options indicated in our website or before this date. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes, Vistadome Train return etc) you must contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by contacting our staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You will need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.Or pay in US$ cash at our office in Cusco at your arrival.(Payments with cards in our office in Cusco are not accepted).
- I have read and accept the conditions.