US$ 860.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Posada Amazonas opened its doors in 1998 and has become a major attraction for those looking for a short stay in the rainforest with the promise of an authentic eco-tourist experience. The lodge is situated within the community's private reserve. Using local materials and architecture combined with modern expertise, the lodge is community built and as such is a testament to workmanship and endeavor.
Highlights at PA.- Canopy Tower.- Our 30-meter scaffolding canopy tower gives you spectacular views of the vast expanses of standing forests. You will have good chances of spotting toucans, parrots, macaws or mixed species canopy flocks.
Ñape Ethnobotanical Center.- You will visit Centro Ñape, a traditional community clinic, where the shaman or his assistant will take you on a unique tour to explain the uses of various medicinal plants.
Lake.- We will paddle around the Lake Tres Chimbadas on a catamaran, looking for the resident family of Giant River Otters, and wildlife such as hoatzin, caiman or horned screamers.
Farm Visit.- Visit a working jungle farm to learn about local agriculture and life. You will taste exotic tropical fruits including the source of chocolate and little know relatives of the tomato.
Natural Construction Rooms.- Bedrooms open out onto the surrounding rainforest, allowing you to enjoy this diverse ecosystem even during downtime, with wild animals, including monkeys, often visible from the lodge.Community Owned.- Posada Amazonas is owned by the indigenous Ese-Eja community of Infierno and managed in partnership with Rainforest Expeditions, Posada Amazonas is located within the Ese-Eja’s communal reserve, next to the Tambopata National Reserve.
Ese Eja Day.- One of the highlights of a stay at Posada Amazonas is the opportunity to experience a day with the local community. We call it a chance to meet the real guardians of the rainforest. Ese Eja Day is a half-day experience that includes catch and release fishing, a visit to the Heritage House and a delicious lunch. An extra fee is required for this activity.
Posada Amazonas Lodge by Rainforest Expedition. 3Day/2 Night Tour -Tambopata Reserve. Puerto Maldonado. -Daily Departures
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !! -Based in a Double Room.
- 2 people minimum. Book a tour in advance (6-2 months before.) or before.
- Our staff and guide will meet you at the Airport in Puerto Maldonado at your arrival where your great experience starts. To confirm a tour in this beautiful lodge, book a tour in this page and pay a booking deposit, therefore we will guarantee your reservation at this lovely lodge and nature reserve.
- Located at Puerto Maldonado town in the Madre de Dios forest in the Amazonia is also called the Capital of the Biodiversity. Posada Amazonas Lodge. Once you arrive to Puerto Maldonado a guide will await you, we can visit the town main square and also take some photos of the beautiful scenery overlooking the confluence of the rivers Madre de Dios and Tambopata from Grau square. After a 50 minute boat ride we will arrive at the Lodge. After your welcome cocktail you can enjoy the delicious international dishes. Free time to get comfortable in your bungalow overlooking either the river or the jungle, or simply take a refreshing dip in our pool. By 3:30 pm. Depart for your first contact with the jungle. You will be accompanied by a naturalist guide, see the tropical trees, medicinal plants and other aspects of the exuberant nature among the 60 hectares of Brazil nut forest. Visit a Shiringuero encampment, see the process of collecting rubber (better known as latex). Before dinner, we will leave for a nocturnal boat trip to observe caimans and, with a bit of luck, other animals which populate the riverbank at nigh. Tres Chimbadas Oxbow Lake, soft hikes and Parrot Clay Lick. Return by motor boat to Puerto Maldonado for your flight out.
- Our Promo Price: US$ 860 per person in a Double Accom.
- Includes Flight Tickets Lima or Cusco to Puerto Maldonado and return.
- HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING.- Choose in the Calendar the date of when you would like to start this Tour (Starting Date). Fill in your details as it is requested, and fill in the details of the people traveling with you, once you have finished and sent us your reservation, you are logged to pay a booking deposit of US$ 200+5% per person. Once we received your booking deposit we will confirm tour tour and send you details for your tour to your email.
- Bring a 10 Kg weight in your luggage, extra staff can be stored in our office in Puerto Maldonado. If you are returning to Cusco we recommend to leave most of your baggage in Cusco. If you are flying to Lima after we will store in our office in Puerto Maldonado while take your trip. Malaria haven't been reported in this area. A yellow fever vaccination is mandatory and recommended.
MARQUESES Boutique Hotel GET a FREE UPGRADE to our Suite or Deluxe rooms (booking this tour 6-2 months before.) Best location in Town, 24/7 Oxigen Assistance, (And many cups of Coca tea for the altitude). Free Pick up from Airport at your arrival to Cusco, Buffet Breakfast, Family-friendly and Non-smoking Hotel, Internet and Wi-Fi.
“A charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near the center, the hospitality will blow you away. Your every need is attended to by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Excellent three-star Hotel”. © 2022 TripAdvisor LLC
What is Included:
- Flight Tickets Lima or Cusco to Puerto Maldonado and return.
- Program based on double occupancy.
- Includes all meal, accommodations, and Tours
- All river transportation, and
- Transfer from and to the airport of Puerto Maldonado.
- Boat Transportation
- All our boats are 20 foot long, roofed canoes with 55 hp outboard motors. Daily arrivals and departures from every port are scheduled to meet every airline´s arrival* and departures.
What is not Included:
- The bar service, massages and purchases made in the store are not included.
- Bottled drinks
We recommend that you bring:
- A small rucksack
- Lightweight, tightweave long cotton pants & long -sleaved cotton shirts
- A fleece and a windbreaker are advisable for cool evenings
- Light raingear (poncho) for sudden downpours
- Sneakers or other low heeled walking shoes are essential
- Sunhat / glasses, sunscreen
- Insect repellent is a must, preferably with deet
- A water bottle
- Good binoculars and a flashlight or headlight
- Personal gear, toiletries, cameras, 400 exp film
- Your passport, yellow fever certificate and extra money in plastic bags
- A few energy snacks will be useful
- If you have extra large sized feet we may not be able to find rubber boots in your size for the muddy trails as they are generally not available in Peru….so please bring old shoes for the muddy trails.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar your interested tour Departure Date (Leaving or Depart Date). Fill in your personal details as requested. In Travelling with: please fill in details of other members in your group. Once you finish sending us all your details you will create a Reservation Code (eg: 240622001). Pay a prepayment/deposit online on Step 3 or in How to Pay. (Pay for 2 or more people in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guaranteed a tour all together in the same group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.-
- 1.- Pay in our website a booking deposit of US$ 300 pp + 5% with a Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MC, Amex, Diners). Before paying please inform to your Bank that you are paying overseas. Use the reservation code number you have generated. (There is a 5% fee for payments with cards). OR
- 2.- For group bookings (4-5 persons). Pay in our website a booking deposit of US$ 300 pp + 5%with a credit/debit card (Visa, MC, Amex, Diners) as it is indicated above OR make a Bank Transfer to our bank account. For Bank details please e-mail to: [email protected]
- You will receive your tour confirmation and details of your Tour in your email within 24 hours.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require full payment of your tour 1 month before the day when your tour starts, make an online payment on our website with your reservation code adding 5% card´s fee OR you can pay us in our office in Cusco at your arrival in USD$ Dollars.
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS Posada Amazonas Lodge 3 Day/ 2 Night -Tambopata Rerserve
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or relevant fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php
- with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and voucher.
- 2.- COST OF TOUR: Prices are per person and based on Double accommodation.
- If you are travelling alone you are obliged to pay the Single supplement for single room.
- Children 3 to 11 years (inclusive) are charged only 50%.
- 3.- Flight arrivals to Puerto Maldonado are requested to be before 1pm as there are 2 boat shuttles to the lodge departing Puerto Maldonado at 1pm and 2pm.
- Flight departures from Puerto Maldonado need to be after 11am.
- Flight Tickets :Package does not Include flights but we can give quotes on request and put this all together as a package with Electronic tickets for you if desired . see additional options
- Airport Tax US$6 from Puerto Maldonado
- 4.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card to our office on arrival to Cusco. If you are taking a flight directly from Lima to Puerto Maldonado you need to scan your photo page of your passport to us at or before the time of final payment. You will not receive the immigration entrance card until arrival to Lima so will need to send a photo of this to us after arrival. This is not an issue if you are doing further tours with us from Cusco after the jungle. Without the copy of the TAM immigration document received by the SAS office an 18% additional tax is incurred.
- 5.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and authorized by the lodge.
- 6.- You are strongly recommended to obtain TRAVEL INSURANCE
- 7.- IN CASE OF FLIGHT CANCELLATION If the flight Lima or Cusco to Puerto Maldonado is canceled owing to bad weather then the guest loses the first night in the Lodge. If the plane is canceled Puerto Maldonado/Cusco or Lima the guests must pay for any additional costs incurred during this extra night and boat transportation.
- No refund can be given and the guest is responsible for the costs of the additional night in Lima or Cusco. If cancellation is due to flight company mechanical issue of the aircraft they will generally provide accommodation compensation, and you need to request this directly from them.
- The cancellation of flights has their own conditions with each booking depending on the tarif class.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- Bookings canceled within 2 months and 1 month loose 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellation within 1month and 8 days lose 60% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellation within 8 days of tour lodge charges no show ie total tour cost.
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9.- The Lodge HAS THE RIGHT:
- To make any change in the itinerary when deemed necessary or caused by changes in air schedules.
- To accept or decline any persons as members of a tour.
- To fill unoccupied space on its boats and airplanes with its guides, staff and cargo.
- The LODGE and/or their employees act only as agents for the passenger in regard to travel, whether by car, boat, or airplane and assume no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity that may be caused either by reasons of defect in the vehicle or for any reasons engaged in conveying the client or carrying out the arrangements of the tour. They can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in air or other services, sickness, weather, strike, war, quarantine, or other causes. All such expenses will have to be borne by the passenger
- 10.- SAS Travel cannot take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients' responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accepted the conditions.
- NOTE .- You should carry your passport and valuables in a zip-locked plastic bag on the tour, to ensure they don´t get damaged.