US$ 990.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Single Room Supplement US$ 75.00
The Canopy Walkway is an experience unequaled in the rainforest! At a height of over 35 meters (115 feet) and extending for 500 meters (one-third of a mile), the Canopy Walkway provides a view of the rainforest from the treetops, the best vantage point for observing Amazon wildlife and vegetation. The Canopy Walkway is accessible to all and requires no special skills or equipment. The suspended walkway is spread between 14 of the area's largest rainforest trees and is one of the longest canopy walkways in the world.
Regularly maintained by Explorama Lodges for the exclusive use of its guests and scientists, the Canopy Walkway has extended research into an area where little is known and so much is left to be discovered.
Excursions to the Canopy Walkway are included for guests staying at ExplorNapo Lodge and the ACTS Field Station. A Full Day expedition is also available to the Canopy Walkway for guests staying at Ceiba Tops or Explorama Lodge for two or more nights.
Single Room Supplement US$ 75.00
Explorama Lodge 4 Day / 3 Night tour. -IQUITOS.
Last Minute Information
- Explorama Lodge - Yanamono Reserve
- The Explorama Lodge Reserve, located 80 kilometers down the Amazon from Iquitos, has been protected by Explorama since 1964. This is the oldest reserve shielded from destruction by the company. This reserve consists of over 200 hectares, or 500 acres, of mainly high Tierra Firme, or non-flooding forest. One small section is lowland or flooded forest. The Missouri Botanical Garden has found this reserve to be one of the highest in biodiversity of trees per square hectare in any area studied by scientists to date. The main reason believed to cause this high biodiversity is the lack of any defined dry or wet season in the area of Iquitos, unlike most tropical areas. The rainfall here may be at highest in any month of the year, depending upon the year studied. This lack of a defined dry or wet season, through which many species of plants and animals would be unable to survive, is believed to be the major reason for the extremely high diversity in both flora and fauna, which has given this part of the Amazon Basin the title of "The Biodiversity Capital of the World".
- In the vicinity of the Lodge is a small community of Yagua Native Americans which have clear title to their own reserve of 1,622 hectares (4,055 acres). This property surrounds the Explorama Lodge Reserve, acting as a buffer zone to help protect the area from the continual encroachment of the ever-expanding population of river people. Explorama helped with the legal process of obtaining this reserve for the community, provided the workers and supplies necessary to cut the boundary line around the property, and to obtain the accurate measurements of the land for the Peruvian Department of Agriculture.
- ExplorNapo, Shimigay and Sucusari Reserve
- These reserves are located near the Napo River, and are reached by traveling 160 kilometers (100 miles) down the main Amazon and up the Napo River to the Sucusari Stream, a tributary of the Napo. Explorama has purchased three areas from the Government at different times to protect here. The Shimigay Reserve contains an interior black water lake with giant Amazon lilies and the prehistoric-looking Hoatzin bird, the only flying bird which is a pure leaf-eater. The ExplorNapo reserve includes the area occupied by ExplorNapo which started as a very rustic palm-thatched covered split-palm sleeping platform and is now a lodge with rooms, a large hammock house and screened dinning room. The newest of the Explorama reserves in this area is the Sucusari Reserve, a recently purchased piece of land with over 50% secondary forest which we hope to nurture back to primary status. The ReNuPeRu Ethnobotanical Medicinal Plant Gardenis located between the ExplorNapo and Sucusari reserves. In total, the three reserves cover 2,000 hectares, or about 5,000 acres. Adjacent to these reserves and acting as buffers are the CONAPAC Biological Reserve and a large 4,770 hectare reserve (11,925 acres) belonging to the Orejone Native American Community.
Iquitos is the starting point of all Explorama's Peruvian Amazon Adventures to this Biodiversity Capital of the World.
Although no roads or railways connect Iquitos to the rest of Peru, it is easily accessible by air, with daily flights from Lima on LAN Peru, Star Perú & Peruvian Airlines.
Planning Your Flights To/From Iquitos/Explorama Lodges: Here is a guide to assist you in planning your Iquitos inbound/outbound flights and getting you to and from our lodges. Remember, we access our lodges only by boat and we cannot navigate the Amazon in hours of darkness/dusk/pre-dawn due to submerged or floating objects that our boat operators cannot see, so it's necessary to travel in daylight hours.
Also, the distance you need to travel from some of lodges necessitates coordinating later-in-the-day departure flights so it's best to know this information when planning your flights.
What is Included:
- The programs at Explorama's Lodges include the following:
- • All lodging and meals
- • Privately owned transport over land and water.
- • Airport arrival and departure transfers. Arrival after 4pm requires the first night in the Iquitos with transfer to Explorama's lodges the following morning. We'll be happy to help you with hotel arrangements.
- • Local bilingual naturalist guides who accompany each guest throughout their program.
- • Personalized variations in length of stay and itinerary to suit individual interests.
- Choice of any combination of programs at Ceiba Tops, Explorama Lodge, ExplorNapo or ACTS Field Station.
- • Self-service potable water at all lodges.
- • All fully guided rainforest and river excursions
- • Entrance fee to the Canopy Walkway on ExplorNapo & ACTS programs
- • Free Wi-Fi in public spaces at Explorama Lodge and ExplorNapo Lodge
- Explorama's lodges offer a wide variety of foods, both local and international, cooked in a simple and appetizing style and served in our tropical palm-thatched dining rooms. Guests may return to the buffet as many times as they like!
- Our breakfast buffet includes one entree, a pastry selection, fruit and local fruit juice.
- Lunch and Dinner
- Our lunch and dinner buffet includes:
- • One entree of chicken, beef, local fish or pasta and fresh salad.
- • A variety of rice and bean dishes, hot vegetables, bread and butter.
- • A choice of desserts including local fruits such as papaya or pineapple or
- prepared desserts such as rice pudding or flan.
- • Complementary coffee and tea with every meal.
- Bar service, including soft drinks, is also available at guest expense.
What is not Included:
- • Bar service, laundry, airport tax and airline tickets are NOT included in the rates.
We recommend that you bring:
- Keep your baggage to a comfortable minimum. Without fail, bring a valid passport. Pack light, drip-dry cotton or safari clothing, including one long-sleeved shirt and sweater. Hiking shoes or sneakers, (jungle trails are frequently muddy), plastic raincoat or poncho. Include insect repellent, toilet articles, sunglasses, sunscreen, a wide brimmed hat, binoculars and small flashlight or head lamp for reading, flip flops, extra socks.
- And finally, don't forget a camera to capture the memories of your Amazon Adventure. For those who want to stay in touch with home, we have "Free WiFi Internet access" for your laptop in the public areas of the three main lodges (Ceiba Tops, Explorama Lodge and ExplorNapo Lodge).
- Each guest may take 15Kg or 33lbs of luggage with them on the boats to the lodges. If your luggage weighs more than this amount, plan on storing the extra in Iquitos in the Explorama office in our secure storage area until your return.
- The Canopy Walkway is an experience unequaled in the rainforest! At a height of over 35 meters (115 feet) and extending for 500 meters (one-third of a mile), the Canopy Walkway provides a view of the rainforest from the treetops, the best vantage point for observing Amazon wildlife and vegetation. The Canopy Walkway is accessible to all and requires no special skills or equipment. The suspended walkway is spread between 14 of the area's largest rainforest trees and is one of the longest canopy walkways in the world.
- Regularly maintained by Explorama Lodges for the exclusive use of its guests and scientists, the Canopy Walkway has extended research into an area where little is known and so much is left to be discovered.
- Excursions to the Canopy Walkway are included for guests staying at ExplorNapo Lodge and the ACTS Field Station. A Full Day expedition is also available to the Canopy Walkway for guests staying at Ceiba Tops or Explorama Lodge for two or more nights.
Frequently Asked Questions
- After checking the Availability page for this tour, (this tour is offered as a Daily Departures) book online and create a reservation code. (If you are travelling as a couple or in a group, please add person´s details as indicated: Travelling with: (write name and surname, passport number, Date of birth and Nationality.)
- Once you have sent your booking, you will receive a Reservation code (e.g: 240617001). (If you don´t receive an immediate email reply please email us: [email protected]) Pay immediately a deposit online on Step 3 with your reservation code. (Pay a deposit for you or for your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee a tour in the same group).
- 1. Pay a booking deposit online with VISA or MasterCard. US$210.00 per person (US$200 + 5% card fee). Payments by debit/credit card Visa or MC will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2. Pay a booking deposit with PayPal. US$200.00 per person *Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- For group bookings (4-5 person) you can transfer your deposit to our Bank in Peru. Ask for more details to: [email protected] Click Here to Pay a booking deposit Online
- Final Payment: You must pay the full balance of your tour 45 Days before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email. [email protected] (Javier) with your final confirmation and indicating any extra items to be added. You’ll need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.