Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mountain & Aguas Calientes 5D/4N - Group Service.
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Classic Inca Trail are LIMITED.. (only 200 spot per day). FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE BASIS... BOOK ONLINE well in advance (10-8 months before for trips on 2019.) WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU to -ACT NOW! and sign up soon !. (Permits from May to October 26th 2018 are fully booked.)
- ALTERNATIVE TREKS and OTHER HIKES and TOURS by TRAIN to MACHU PICCHU are -AVAILABLE... from May to December 2018, 2019: 2 Day Short Inca Trail, 2 Day Short Inca Trail with Camping, 3 Day Sacred Valley + Short Inca Trail, 4 Day Lares Trek, 4 Day Lares + Short Inca Trail, 4 or 5 Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu SEE our OPEN Trips: Alternative Treks to Machu Picchu.
- EARLY BOOKING SPECIAL 2019:
- Inca Trail 4 Day 2019 (From March 1st to Dec 31st) -Fixed Departures
- US$ 780 per person. (Includes: 6 Kg personal porter with a duffle bag)
- We strongly recommend you to book 10-8 months in advance
- January 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30
- March 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30
- April 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30
- May 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30
- June 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30
- OPEN GROUPS for 2018:. BOOK NOW! and JOIN US!
- Our Price: US$ 810 per person / $ 770 with Univ Student card or under 16 year. Booking deposit required $300 per person.
- OPEN AVAILABLE DATES ON 2018:
- NOVEMBER: 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 19, 20, 23, 25, 28, 30
- DECEMBER: 1, 3, 6 ,9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 29, 31
- HOW TO BOOK: Once you have checked our open groups departures. Choose on the Calendar -left side (Leaving Dates), the date of your preference. Select the month, year and click on your interested date. Fill in out with your personal details, then below fill in out details of your group in Traveling with, once you have finalized your online booking you will receive an email with a reservation code (Purchase number). Pay your booking deposit to confirm your spots on Step 3 with Visa or MC or through Paypal. Booking deposit required US$ 300.00 per person. Or See below for more details in: Booking Information.
- This is our classic 5 Day/4 Night Inca Trail trek -- a popular option for good reason! It’s a moderate trek that passes through stunning scenery and a number of fascinating archaeological sites on the way to Machu Picchu, where you’ll have a guided tour and time to explore the site on your own. Night in Aguas Calientes town where you can enjoy the hot springs and next day reenter to Machu Picchu and climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain and free time. Train return to Cusco at 15.00 hrs.
- SAS Travel Highlights:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel: we never place you with other tour operators.
- Permits for the Inca Trail trek are limited and must be reserved and purchased well in advance (only 200 hikers can walk this popular trek each day). We therefore operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will need to book and pay your deposit (down payment) far in advance. For high season (April to November), we recommend booking 6 to 8 months in advance. For low season (December to March), we recommend 3 to 4 months in advance. Please contact us with any questions about Inca Trail permits and booking a trek.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu: Included in this tour. (Book in advance... limited spaces !!!)
- -- -
- Special:9 Day /8 Night Classic Inca Trail trek w 8 Kg porter, Cusco and Hotel Marqueses Package. This includes a Cusco and Sacred Valley tour, as well as the classic Inca Trail hike with 6 kg porter service, for US$1,150.00 per person. You can read more about this offer here: 9 Day Classic Inca Trail with Huayna Picchu and Aguas Calientes Package.
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 10% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. To reserve please contact Miguel at: [email protected] but you must also indicate your tour reservation code with SAS Travel.
Find more information here: MARQUESES Boutique Hotel “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel. We are very proud of our passionate, highly experienced and bilingual Peruvian guides -- and we’re sure you’ll be impressed by them, too! They provide extensive and accurate historical and archaeological information about the Incas as they guide our trekkers around the various sites along the Inca Trail, as well as a memorable and informative guided tour of Machu Picchu.
We hike in small groups that give you a more intimate experience, and we provide plenty of flexibility in the tour schedule to give you greater choice and freedom: spending more time in places you like and less in places you are not so interested in.
Our experienced team of local porters will carry our tents, food and cooking equipment and assist trekkers when required. They also set up our camp each day. Our cooks prepare delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products. Once you complete the Inca Trail trek, you’ll have a celebratory meal in Aguas Calientes -- and you’ll even receive a certificate of achievement!
Many items are included in our Inca Trail trek, such as the return to Cusco on the Expedition train, trekking permits and entrance fees.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or Sacred Valley (07:20 am).
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- Full board meals for the entire tour 5 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 4 Dinner (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cook, assistants.
- Permit for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table,stools and cooking gear.
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent (clean,new spacious 4 person dome igloo tent)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- Toilet tent with biodegradable system.
- 3-4 guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snack at Machupicchu before your tour.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu tour.
- Accommodation in private room in Aguas Calientes with Breakfast.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- On Day 5th 2nd Entrance to Machu Picchu plus permit to climb Huayna Picchu ( bus tickets not included, independant walk to the mountain without a guide.)
- Tourist Expedition train at 16:00 Hrs return to Cusco train Station. (Poroy Station 25 minutes near Cusco.)
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visit, explore and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.
- Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and Buffet lunch on day 4th (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel, we never put you with other tour operators.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (-Minus 8ºC) US$25 for 3 nights
- Thermal rest inflatable mattress USD$ 25
- Shared porter for 8 Kg US$80 (we provide a duffle bag).
- Trekking poles US$20 a pair
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (10 soles)
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Extra drinks, bottle water
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu US$12 each way on 5th Day as you may like to walk one way when returning to Machu Picchu to climb Huayna Picchu.
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters. It`s a tradition but not mandatory.
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel at the office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- What Inca Trail Trek to Choose ?
- Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu Mt. with overnight at Aguas Calientes town 5 Days/ 4Nights.We definitely believe that this is the best value for money deal. Hike the classic Inca Trail, stay overnight at Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs, 2nd visit of Machu Picchu and walk the Huayna Picchu mountain on Day 5th. (The Machu Picchu office, still does not allow for people with an Inca Trail permit to simply add the Huaynapicchu permit. They only sell the Huaynapicchu permit combined with a Machupicchu entrance fee so it is costly.) This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather ! So this tour includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th Day and permit to walk Huaynapicchu Mt and train return to Cusco arriving by 19:30 Hrs approx. (Guide, Bus tickets on Day 5th and Lunch are not included).
- Pemits for Huaynapicchu Mt are limited so we recommend to book in advance, when this permit are sold out the alternative walk to Mantaña Mt is a good option at same cost.
- What is Huaynapicchu Mountain walk.-. Huaynapicchu is the steep mountain, towering above the north end Machupicchu, often the backdrop to many photos of the ruins. It looks a bit daunting from below, but while steep, it's not an unusually difficult ascent, and most reasonably fit persons shouldn't have a problem. Stone steps are laid along most of the path, and in the steeper sections steel cables provide a supporting handrail. That said, expect to be out of breath, and take care in the steeper portions, especially when wet, as it can become dangerous quickly. There's a tiny cave near the top that must be passed through, it is quite low and a rather tight squeeze. Take care at the peak, it can be somewhat precarious, and those afraid of heights may want to hang out just below. For most trekkers the wiews are awesome and inspiring. There's also a few ruins near the top. If visiting these ruins, you'll see a second way to start making your descent down the mountain, along some very steep and shallow steps.... these steps are a bit dangerous if wet, but the hike may be well worthwhile. This hike is one of your best bets for getting away from Machu Picchu crowds. Access to Huaynapicchu is limited to 400 visitors per day split In 2 sessions one at 7:00 am and the other at 11.00 am. The 11.00 am time slot is the most popular and so for high season may have to be booked a month in advance and fit just after your group guided tour of the sanctuary. The cost is $85.00 or $45.00 if you have scanned through a valid student card.
- Where this tour start.- All our tours as Classic Inca Trail to MachuPicchu hikes 4Day/3Night , 4Day/4Night or 5Day/4Night, short 2 Day/1Night Inca Trail, alternatives hikes to Salkantay, Lares, HuchuyQosqo, Choquequirao, Auzangate, tours by train to Machupicchu, Jungle trips to Manu Park, trips to Puerto Maldonado start from Cusco, located at 3,400 masl in the southwest mountains region of Peru. Cusco (the centre of the Inca civilization) is the oldest Inka´s ancient capital called Tawantinsuyo, now it is a beautiful and impressive city in Peru with many Inca temples around blended with the Spanish heritage and rich architecture history and Art which from long time ago was named as the Rome of America. Cusco is still not a big city compared Lima or Arequipa, quite safe, a 10 minutes ride from the airport and you are at the centre of Cusco, more than 20 churches,monasteries and Plazas and most of travellers found this city very beautiful, with many good restaurants and shops where staff speak english, most people here speak spanish and Quichua the Inka´s language, official taxis for less than $1.5 per service (4-5 Soles)... then after your great days in Cusco and arounds you can continue visiting Manu National Park, Jungle trips to Puerto Maldonado, Colca Canyon in Arequipa, Nazca Lines, Paracas Reserve, Ballestas Islands, the Lake Titikaca in Puno or still visit Copacabana, Sun Island, Uyuni Salar in Bolivia.
- What is the easiest way to reach Cusco.- Get a flight from Lima (Peru´s capital city) located at the coast near Pacific Ocean at 0 -cero masl , there are several air companies as Latam, Taca (Avianca),Star Peru, Peruvian Airlines, it takes 1 hour (most of the flights are early in the morning and afternoon). Bus companies from Lima to Cusco takes 24 Hrs we do recommned: Cruz del Sur Crucero, Oltursa and Civa bus companies if you have plenty of time and your desire is explore the coast.
- 1.- Departure point for the trek: Our meeting point to depart is at Hotel Marqueses at 05:30 am.There are fixed pickup points to help reduce time going to numerous hotels. If you are near Sol Avenue, Cultura Avenue or centre of town be ready at 05:20 am in any Hotel in San Blas please wait for us in front of the Church of San Blas for your transfer departing from 5.00 am. If you are at Loki Hostal, Niños Hotel, Meloc or Arcopata area please waits at the lobby of the hotel at 5.40 am. This information will be clarified by your guides at the briefing the night before the trek.
- 2. - Left Luggage during your trek: It is best to leave extra luggage in your hotel in Cusco since you will arrive back around 8:00 pm on the 4th day. or Free storage of your belongings while on the trek is available at Hotel Marqueses (Calle Garcilaso # 265, Telephone 084 257819). If you want to use this service you must please collect a luggage deposit tag from the briefing the night before and have this secured on your left luggage in Hotel Marqueses by 5.20 am on departure day or organize to leave your bags the night before. You can pick up your belongings at any time from Hotel Marqueses with your tag receipt.
- 3.- Personal Porter: Unless you hire an “extra porter” you need to carry your back pack with personal items, sleeping bag and mattress. If you have no experience in high altitude trekking or are feeling a little worry of it, please let us know immediately as organizing an extra porter for Inca trail is very difficult and not always possible. Regarding ”extra porter”, you will still need to carry a daypack, with your camera, water bottle, snacks, a fleece or something warm and a rain poncho in case of rain and anything you will need before lunch as porters do not walk alongside you. You will possibly meet up with your bag at lunch and then at campsites. We will provide you a duffle bag for your personal items to be carried by personal porter, please return this blue bags after your trek.
- 4.- Passport and student card: We recommend that you bring your original passport and (Univ student card if applicable). If you have booked with an old passport numbers please you must bring both of your passport. Inform previously to our office staff in Cusco.
- 5.- Drinkable water on the trail.- Bring 2 or 3 Lt of water for Day 1 and 2, there will be hot and cool drinks at meals times provided by our staff, we provide boiled water from 2nd Day at lunch time, bottled water and drinks are sold by locals on Day 1 and 2.
- 6.- Time for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes? Yes you will have, very recommended and really good for your legs and body... another 10 minutes extra walk but worth it.
- 7.- Hot shower: ? Only the first camping site.
- 8.- Temperature: Day temperatures vary from 12 -22 degrees Celsius
- you must always use layering to manage the temperatures well. Night temperatures, (in the coldest season May to Sept) average -2 to -5 degrees Celsius. The 3rd night is warmer average 6 degrees Celsius as it is lower altitude.
- 9.- Environmental issues: Please carry your personal rubbish to each campsite where the porters will pack it out. There are toilets at points along the trail and in campsites. At other points please leave the trail on the non-river side at least 30m and burn or bury toilet paper. Please encourage your group and staff to protect the environment.
- 10.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides and emergencies: We recommend to consider US$50-60 this is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least US$90 (for early return from the trail to pay a train ride to Aguas Calientes, bus to Machu Picchu and meet your group at the sun´s gate, and USD$20 for water/drinks, souvenirs,along the trail, Machu Picchu and hot springs at Aguas Calientes. Total per person (US$150 -US$180) approximately. As for all American countries, tipping is common practice and is a part of the experience but not obligatory. Generally groups prepare a collective tip which is shared out between the porters, trekking crew and cook on the 3rd night. It is customary to thank the guides with a voluntary tip after the Tour in Machupicchu on the fourth day. Please only use this information as a “guideline” requested by some trekkers but don`t let it cause you, or any other person in the group discomfort. Some will not tip at all and some may want to tip more but it is a personal and private decision for each individual and should be respected in that way. Please don`t allow it to become stressful and just tip what you feel is correct. Remember some trekkers are students and others successful business men. More detailed information on tipping is available on the website in the frequently asked questions section...Please read this before the trek as the guides don´t tend to give a lot of details when asked since tips are voluntary so they don`t want to make people feel uncomfortable.
- 11.- Climbing of Huayna Picchu Mountain.- On Day 5 at 07:00 am.- If you have reserved and paid for a permit in advance, please reconfirm with our office staff and your trek guide at the briefing time. (When Huayna Picchu permits are sold out a walk to Machu Picchu Mountain is an option -3 hrs. walk). Otherwise a free walk to the Inca Bridge is highly recommended.
- 12.- On Day 4th bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town and Lunch: After your visit in Machu Picchu you are given your bus ticket for the ride down to Aguas Calientes which you can use at any time if you would like to further explore the site independently. The meeting place in Aguas Calientes is Hostel VIAJEROS (located at the 1st bridge left side) close to the bus arrival area and this is where your buffet lunch in Aguas Calientes is provided from 13.45 pm. At 15:00 pm train return to Cusco and arrive by 7:40 pm. 5 Day tour does not include bus tickets.
- 13.- Duffle Bags and personal porter: At lunch time in Aguas Calientes town, your guides will provide sacs to those who hired extra porters for transporting your belongings back to Cusco, If you return to Cusco with the porter´s bag please return it to our office in Cusco or leave it at Hotel Marqueses, if you are at different hotel please send us an email to collect it.
- 14.- Peru Rail train tickets: If you would like any train tickets changes after the start of the trek must be made in person at Perurail in Aguas Calientes Station with proof of identity (ie your original passport.) They may charge fees for change of date and coach options will be according to space availability.
- 15. - Illness once you have started the trek: If you are unable to complete the trek and need to return on the 2nd day, you will be accompanied by a porter to Km 82 and train to Aguas Calientes or from here transport to Ollantaytambo and night at Ollantaytambo.(not included) If you are more seriously ill you will be accompanied by the assistant guide and may need to return to Cusco for medical assistance. You can still join up with the group on the 4th day by taking a train to Aguas Calientes on the 3rd day with overnight here and continue the tour of Machu Picchu as usual but the cost of the train from Cusco is payable by the passenger. All helicopter, van evacuations are at the expense of the passenger.
- 16.- Travel Insurance.- We strongly recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. (Eg: World Nomades Travel Insurance).
Frequently Asked Questions
- After checking the Availability page for this tour,(many of our tour are offered as a Daily Departures) book online and create a reservation code. (If you are travelling as a couple or in a group, please add person´s details as indicated: Travelling with: (write name and surname, passport number, Date of birth and Nationality.)
- Once you have sent your booking, you will receive a Reservation code (e.g: 240611001). (If you don´t receive an immediate email reply please check your spam file or email us: [email protected]) Pay immediately a deposit online on Step 3 with your reservation code. (Pay a deposit for you or for your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets in the same group).
- 1. Pay a booking deposit online with VISA or MasterCard. US$ 404.25 per person for Inca trail Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2. Pay a booking deposit with PayPal. US$385.00 per person *Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- For group bookings (4-5 person) only when there are plenty of permits for this trek you can transfer your deposit to our Bank in Peru. Ask for more details [email protected] Updated Availability and Booking deposit page: Click Here to Pay Online
- Final Payment: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes) you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email. [email protected] (Javier) with your final confirmation and indicating any extra items to be added. We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You’ll need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel office staff and guides of any medical problems or allergies. You need to have a good health and a good level of fitness is required. If your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, you will need to present us with a current medical certificate. It is highly recommended to arrive to Cusco a few days before your hike and stay in Cusco at least 3 - 1 nights previous to your hike so that your body is prepared for the altitude.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour, please advise the guide at that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must carry your original passport and valid University student card (if applicable) on the trail. If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your booking and permit documents, the control will annul your permit and refuse your entry to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must send us a copy of your new passport or email the new numbers and bring both of your passport with you, or if this is not possible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the Park controllers with official documentation to avoid problems.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student with University student cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it is confirmed though our agent. A Youth Travel card is not accepted to pay as a student by the Park control.
- 5.- A personal porter is not included in this tour, we recommend you to hire a 8 Kg porter service when you are booking a tour, at the time of briefing a duffle bag will be given to you so you can pack your items previous to the morning of your hike (Please make sure your duffle bag does not exceed the limit of the weight amount you requested, all hotels can provide you with a scale to weigh your bag.) The rest of your belongings can be stored in your Hotel or you can leave them in our Hotel Marqueses near SAS Travel office.
- 6.- Every hiker must have and bring a comfortable 20-30 L daypack to carry your personal items. Bring 2-3 litres of drinkable water for Day 1 (disposable plastic bottles, plastic bags are forbidden). Our crew will offer you boiled water at Lunch time on 2nd Day until the end of the hike, locals sell bottled water and drinks on route and campsites on Day 1 and 2. Hot showers are available on the 1st campsite for 15 Soles (if wanted). At the campsite we will offer you hot water for washing/cleaning purposes.
- 7.- If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for a hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the Inca Trail hike and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this US$70 fee.(This depends if there is someone else willing to share the tent that is the same gender.)
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been purchased and processed. It is non transferable nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited and penalties costs will be applied. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot/permits after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machu Picchu admission in other tours such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machu Picchu on the indicated reserved dates.
- 9.- This package includes a simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes and we ask you to please read the Recommendations section in the web page ... in case you would like to upgrade to a hotel option. The train return will be on Day 5 th at 15:00 Hrs from Aguas Calientes to Cusco train station or a train to Ollantaytambo plus a private transport to Cusco, returning to Cusco by 19:30 Hrs approx in both cases.
- 10.- If you decide not to go, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter or assistant will accompany you back to a safe area with emergency assistance at Ollantaytambo town, from here you can continue by train to Aguas Calientes town and meet the group on the 4th morning (train cost will be at your expenses US$70-80 approx). Helicopter air lift and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, therefore we recommend to have Travel Insurance. If you fail to complete the hike due to illness we will assist you to meet your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour there, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. If this is the case a hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with the group will be provided by SAS Travel with no extra cost, except the train to Aguas Calientes which costs US$ 70-80 pp and the bus up to Machu Picchu which costs US$14.
- 11.- Huayna Picchu Mountain Entry.- Upon availability and need to book in advance.This ticket is included for the first session on the 5th day which means you need to enter the control between 7am and 7.50am. Most people take the bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu at 6.30 am ($12.00) and then start the day with the climb for first light over Machu Picchu and then have plenty of time after to further explore Machu Picchu. However if you prefer the 2nd session that starts between 10:00 and 11:00 am then please let us know by writing this clearly in the comments and ensuring you have been confirmed with this specification.
- 12.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides.(US$50-60) is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machupicchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least 300 soles. Total per person (US$150 -US$180) approximately.
- 13.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Get a one week insurance with Nomads Insurance.
- 14.- When transportation strikes are declared in Cusco without previous notice, the entire group will need to depart Cusco the night before of the tour and do camping near the beginning of the trail to avoid the risk of cancelation of your tour.(We recommend you to come to the SAS Travel office when you arrive to Cusco, to make sure that everything is ready and we ask you to bring your original passport with you.) We recommend to arrive to Cusco a few days prior to your tour.
- 15.- In extreme cases when Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Salkantay or Lares Valley trek and your booking deposit and payment money will be used for this, There will be no refund from the original payment, or other train trips to Machu Picchu.
- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness or loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment from our company.
- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, political strikes, road strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client responsibility to carry a Travel Insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- a.- Cancelation of tour once you have booked, permits has been purchased a reservation has been confirmed incurs a loss of the booking deposit US $385.00 pp plus cards or Paypal surcharges. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel.
- b- Cancellation of tour from the time of confirmation to 60 Days of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- c- Cancellation of tour within 59 Days to 35 Days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- d- Cancellation of tour within 34 days to 15 Days of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- e- Cancellation of tour within 14 Days to 72 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your train tickets and permits entrance to Machu Picchu, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4. We will however if it is your desire present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company.
- FINAL PAYMENT:
- The final balance of your tour will be sent to your email with detailed information. You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options indicated in our website or before this date. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes, Vistadome Train return etc) you must contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by contacting our staff at: [email protected]
- We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You will need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.Or pay in US$ cash at our office in Cusco at your arrival. (Payments with cards in our office in Cusco are not accepted).
- I have read and accept the conditions.