US$ 750.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
DAILY DEPARTURES .-
2 person US$ 750 pp
3-4 Person US$ 680 pp
5-8 Person US$ 600 pp
Combining a days trek and visit to the stunning Winya Wayna site only accessible by foot. then your tour in Machupicchu will be spectacular on the second day. You will arrive very early just as the park opens and not yet crowded, you will have plenty of time after your guided tour to explore further on your own, there are signs and indications around, you will have a high chance to obtain tickets to climb the mountain Huayna-Picchu (2700m/8883ft) before of after your tour.
Is it for me?
This hike is accessible for all ages, and doesn't require you to be in top physical shape. Since your one day hike takes you to the town of Aguas Calientes, you will not have to camp, or carry backpacks only your personal day-pack as we will stay in a Hotel. Private rooms, it is recommended for those having less time or those with less experience in altitude. For families, group of friends or couples.
To make even more special this short pilgrimage to Machu-Picchu, up-grade your accommodation, you can stay in the Sanctuary Hotel near Machupicchu or in Inkaterra hotel in Aguas Calientes near the hot springs pools.
This itinerary is rated moderate and should be undertaken by people who are fairly fit and take regular exercise.
SHORT INCA TRAIL TREK to MACHU PICCHU with CAMPING 2 Day/1Night -Private Service.
Last Minute Information
- AVAILABLE PERMITS.- 2022 - 2023
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! (Min 2 people).
- 2 DAY INCA TRAIL TREK WITH CAMPING AT PUENTE RUINAS.- Hike a section of the famous INCA TRAIL, enjoy the beautiful Andean landscapes, smells and colors of ancient shrubs and vegetation of the high jungle and impressive Inca constructions. Admire and see MACHU PICCHU -twice: at SUNSET and SUNRISE have plenty of time to explore on the 2nd Day. This tour consist in Day 1, a soft and gentle 5-6 hours walk through Chachabamba then admire Wiñaywayna Inca town, Inti Pata, walk through the Sun gate and arrive to MACHU PICCHU at the afternoon to see the sunset and delight with this unique views, bus down for 30 minutes to our camping at Puente Ruinas near to Urubamba river and next morning early we board the first bus to the Citadel and have a guided tour at all the remarkable temples and plazas in this magical and sacred wonder! Hike the famous SHORT INCA TRAIL and find peace, joy and beauty at MACHU PICCHU.
- DAILY DEPARTURES:
- US$ 700 pp
- US$ 650 pp for Student
- (2 people tent, Mattress and Sleeping bags included.)
- HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING.- Permits for the Short Inca Trail trek for this tour are AVAILABLE year-round, (except in February). Daily departures, we can depart this tour any, date upon your request. Select the date of departure of your Tour on the Calendar. Fill in the required details. Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are traveling with a group.
- You will generate a reservation code.To confirm your reservation, make an online payment immediately a booking deposit or pre-payment of US$ 200 pp + 5% using your reservation code with a credit/debit card (MC, Visa, Amex, Diners are accepted). There is 5% fee for payments with cards. Before paying please inform your Bank that you are paying overseas.
- You will receive your tour confirmation and details of your Tour in your email within 24 hours.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- For passengers who want to add a climb to Huaynapicchu mountain once you finished the tour at Machu Picchu tour they need to let us know asap... cost of the ticket is US$ 85.00 pp extra.
- MARQUESES Boutique Hotel: For early bookings (Book 6-4 months in advance) GET a FREE up-grade to our DELUXE ROOM or Suite room in our Multi-Day Tours.
- OTHER RECOMMENDED TOURS.-
- 5 Day Tour Cusco, Sacred Valley, Short Inca Trail.
- 7 Day Tour with 2 Day Short Inca Trail
- (2 people minimum required). If you would like to hike in a small group we can try to get other
2 DAY SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU with CAMPING:
Inca Trail shorter`s version leaves from KM 104, located at 2100 masl (104 kilometers along the railway from Cusco to Aguas Calientes) and involves a 16 Km of walk in total. The hike start from the botton of the valley to Wiñaywayna Inca Complex located at 2700 masl (you carry a small day-pack with personal items, camera, water, box lunch etc; your clothes bag will be transported by train to the camping), approximately 4 hours of spectaculars views of cloud forest valley and Inca sites enroute connecting the Classic Inca Trail trek at at the impressive Wiñaywayna site. After lunch a couple of hours of easy walk to Machu Picchu, for many hikker the best part of the classic trek. Chachabamba, Choquesuysuy and Intipata are other very amazing Inca Complexes hiding in the middle of the beauty of the mountains. We walk to Machu Picchu at early afternoon in the middle of beautiful nature, sounds of hummingbirds, peacefully and uncrowded trail until “Inti Punku” the sun-gate, have unique views from this mountain top, after 40 minutes you will be on front of this wonder for sunset, then we continue another 30-40 minutes to our nice Camping near to Urubamba River. (Optional bus ride to the Camping extra). Next morning after breakfast we have the chance to walk for 45 minutes to Machu Picchu or (bus to Machu Picchu), guided tour with your expert guide for 2-3 hours, free time explore in your own. Lunch in Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco (arrival time to Cusco 9 pm).
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at your Hotel.
- Pick up from your Hotel at 04:00 am (Private transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station (2 Hrs)
- PeruRail 1st Class train to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the trail and Machupicchu sanctuary
- Permits and fees for the 2 Day Inca Trail park
- Walk with an excellent English speaking guide for 4 hours before Lunch
- Guided visit of Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna and Choquesuysuy
- Guided Tour in Machupicchu on the second Day
- Walk to the Inca Bridge after your tour.(Optional)
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast 1 Lunch ,1 snack and drink for the 1st Day
- Camping near Urubamba River: (Tents, Mattress, Sleeping bags included).
- 1 bus tickets (Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes -Machupicchu)
- PeruRail 1st class train return to Cusco or train to Ollanta and transport to Cusco
- Free and safe Storage of your belongings in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses.
What is not Included:
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on 2nd Day US$ 12 pp
- (or a down hill walk for 45 minutes to Aguas Calientes town.)
- Hot spring pools 10 soles
- Dinner on the 2nd Day
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu mountain. Extra $85 per person.
We recommend that you bring:
- Your Original passport. (ISIC student card if you've booked as a student).
- Comfortable back pack. (There are no porters in this trek).
- Water to drink (2 liters, no plastic bottles)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Change of clothes
- Basic personal toiletries: Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, small towel, handky, Anti bacterial wet wipes.
- Hat or cap for the sun is essential, Sunscream with maximum UV Protection.
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (Malaria or Yellow fever have not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, runners or sturdy shoes.
- Money in soles or dollars. (ATM´s or cash machines and travellers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change.)
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- PLEASE NOTE.-*We recommend you to leave your luggage in the Hotel in Cusco, you should go with a day pack and carry it yourself, there are no porters available for this hike.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.- Select the date of departure of your Tour on the Calendar.
- Fill in the required details. Please ensure that you provide your details -or group details in case you are traveling with a group. You will generate a reservation code.
- 2.- To confirm your reservation, make an online payment immediately a booking deposit or pre-payment of US$ 200 pp + 5% using your reservation code with a credit/debit card (MC, Visa, Amex, Diners are accepted). There is 5% fee for payments with cards. Before paying please inform your Bank that you are paying overseas.
- You will receive your tour confirmation and details of your Tour in your email within 24 hours.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require full payment of your tour 1 month before the day when your tour starts, make an online payment in our website with your reservation code OR you can pay us in our office in Cusco at your arrival in USD$ Dollars.
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS 2 DAY INCA TRAIL TREK TO MACHUPICCHU. -Private Service
- (Minimum with 2 person.)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- You need to carry your back pack, with change of clothing /raingear and water for the day to drink,
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of (US$200) non refundable Booking fee.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- However we can organise for you to continue through by the train to Aguas Calientes joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here . So if you are not feeling well enough to do the hike even at the last minute please let us know.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled.
- 10.- includes overnight in simple accommodation on double basis in Aguas Calientes and bedding /towels etc are provided. If you want a room for just yourself the single supplement payment is required
- 11- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to any and all hotel accommodations. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” or your Tam has expired, ie your stay has exceded 60 days…. the 18% tax will have to be charged by the hotel according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper.
- 12.- Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of minimum US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 13.- If you become ill or injured, we will assist you with any claims with a document to certify illness or other, which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 14.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 15.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 16.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative Train tour option and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lares package or Lake titicaca etc to give you some of the many options.
- 17.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- Ensure you give the office the full details of your accomodation in Cusco and attend the briefing the night before the trek.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- Signature and Date.