US$ 590.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Student price US$ 550 pp with Univ student card.
ONLY UPON your request
2-3 person group US$ 1,200 pp
4-5 person group US$ 840 pp
6-7 person group US$ 690 pp
8-> person group US$ 590 pp
with the option to get other trekkers to join in your booked date and build up a small group, so price will be reduced, the price of tour will be upon number of participants.
Is it for me?
If you are a very fit, experienced hiker who only has 4 days instead of 5 to trek in the lofty thin atmosphere of the Salkantay and Huamantay Apus and combine this trek with descending into the cloud forest to Machu Picchu then it is totally what you are looking for. Nominated as one of the 25 best Treks in the World. "National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazineas".
If you have 5 days then please book Salkantay & Machu-Picchu 5D/4N http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/342/salkantay-machu-picchu-5d4n/ to really be able to appreciate the experience over more time.
Only recommended for experienced Hikers and must spend 3 days acclimatising in Cusco before begining this hike. Even then it is physically demanding but well rewarded and worth it if you only have 4 days!
Salkantay Trek to MachuPicchu & HuaynaPicchu 4 Day/ 3 Night -(Group Service).$ 590 pp
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Machu Picchu, Huaynapicchu, train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... Book online, get a code and pay a deposit in advance (7-2 months in advance). SEE below our Confirmed Fixed departures dates: Small group 6-12 person. US$ 590 pp , $560 pp for student or under 16.
- CONFIRMED FIXED DEPARTURES ON:
- MARCH: 31
- APRIL: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23,24, 26, 30
- MAY: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 28, 31
- JUNE: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
- JULY: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 31
- AUGUST: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 31
- SEPTEMBER: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
- OCTOBER: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 31
- NOVEMBER: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
- DECEMBER: 1, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 31
- Book online, Get a reservation code and Pay a booking deposit online to Confirm.
- DAILY DEPARTURES for PRIVATE TOURS with the option to build up a small group for you with other hikers and price will be reduced and upon number of participants. (2 person minimum) Book Now!. (If you have a group of 4-6 person and your interested starting date IS NOT LISTED ABOVE ...then we can open a new departure date, Book Now!.
- ENJOY THE WALKING TO HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN.- The Entrance Ticket for this spectacular walk is included, it takes 2 hours in and back... but there are Limited places!... (this is another strong reason why to book in advance.) Only 200 tourists a day are able walk to Huayna Picchu mountain at 11am. (When permits for Huayna Picchu Mt have already run out, sold out... then we will offer you to walk to Montana Machu Picchu) which takes 4 hours in and back... of course Huayna Picchu walk is by far the cherry of the cake! so book on shortly!.
- HOW TO BOOK Once you have checked our group departures. Choose your interested / preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) on the Calendar (left side). Fill in your details and group as is requested in the format. Pay a booking deposit ONLINE of $200 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or Paypal with your reservation code. For Private tours or for dates not listed, just choose on the calendar your interested departure date and fill out your details, get a reservation code, then pay a deposit to confirm.
- ADVENTAGES.- Not so crowded as other trails around Cusco, you carry only a small day pack, mules are provided to carry equipment and your belongings, amazing Inca sites located at the high jungle, impressive views of Apurimac Canyon, high jungle of Llaqtapata and Machu Picchu on Day 5th... for early bookings the super walk to Huayna Picchu Mt.
- SPECIAL: 8 Day / 7 Night Lares Valley trek to Machupicchu, Cusco, Sacred Valley and Hotel Marqueses Package. Cusco, Sacred Valley, Lares Valley hike with 7 Kg porterage service. Find more information here: Lares 8 Day Package(Based in Double accommodation). Free up-grade to Deluxe or Suite room).
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 10% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. Reservations at: email@example.com
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2018 TripAdvisor LLC
4 Day/ 3 Night SALKANTAY Trek to Machupicchu with Llaqtapata and Hidroelectrica.
(For early bookings we included a Ticket for Huaynapicchu mountain so you can climb in 2 hours after your tour at Macchu Picchu. Those passes are limited, for late bookings we have the option to climb another mountain called Montaña -takes 3 Hours.
This is a great trek version for experienced hikers to cover the complete Salkantay trail in 3 days and stay the night in Aguas Calientes town and day 4th is dedicated to enjoy and explore Macchu Picchu, a guided visit and free time for yourselves. You need to carry a small backpack with personal items, horses will carry your equipment 6-7 Kg per person.
What is Included:
- Collection from your hotel at 04:45 am
- Private vehicle to Mollepata-Soraypampa (starting of the trek)
- 2 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress
- English speaking professional guide experienced in mountains
- Full board meals 4 Breakfast, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Horses/donkeys to carry tents, food, cooking equipment
- 6 kilos of your personal luggage carried for you ex sleeping bags mattresses
- Hot water for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or private transport to Ollanta
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- Ticket to Huaynapicchu Mt or Montaña hike.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu, time to explore on your own,
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes Double or Triple Accommodation
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent:
- Free storage in Cusco for your belongings at Hotel Marqueses.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (minus 8 ºC) US$ 20
- Energy snacks.
- Dinner on day 4 th (return to Cusco)
- Drinks, bottle water, drinks in Aguas Calientes.
- The bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes US$12 pp (45 minutes down-hill walk to Aguas Calientes) to Hotel Viajeros.
- OPTIONAL UP-GRADES:
- Vistadome Train to Cusco instead your Expedition Train, Please add US$60 pp
- Tips for your crew guides cooks, horse herders in total US$35 approx.
- (Every SAS`s staff receive a fair and decent payment once the tour finished, tips are optional (not mandatory) it is a gesture of esteem to them and a sign of appreciation that shown that they did an extra good job.)
We recommend that you bring:
- sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC - can be rented at SAS office for US$20 )
- Sturdy Hiking boots
- Warm clothes and trekking pants. not jeans
- layers for variable temperatures specially at night
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Camera, extra film & batteries
- Sunprotection : sunscreen : sun hat : sunglasses
- Thermals : wool socks : Gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent
- Rain poncho : a good rain jacket
- Toiletries / toilet paper / small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Water bottle : water purifying tablets optional
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks
- Trekking poles
Frequently Asked Questions
- SEE our Confirmed Open departures. Select the month and date and Click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a same group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 200 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 210 per person. US$ 200+5% card fee. (Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%).
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 212 per person. US$ 200+6% card fee. (Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%).
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above OR Transfer with Western Union/Money Gram OR pay in our office in Cusco in USD$ cash 5-3 days before of the date of your tour departure.(You must provide your Visa or MC details as a guarantee so your trip will be totally confirmed.)
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS OF THE SALKANTAY TREK 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate as Salkantay trek goes to 4600 mtrs.
- 2.- You must advise your guides if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then make your final payment either entering the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or via western union or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and final briefing details.
- 4.- If you get vertigo or do not want to climb Huayna Picchu for any reason then indicate No in the reservation format and write this in the comments section. Ensure we confirm you indicating No Huayna Picchu climb so we discount $10 off the package for you.
- 5.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- We include in this trek a 6 kilos for porterage for your camp belongings (Mattress,sleeping bag and personal clothes, a duffle bag is provided) due to the strenuos nature of the trek but if you will require more let us know. If you have no experience in high altitude trekking please hire more porterage. This is a serious requirement and 3 kilos more is only US$20 for the entire trek so well worth it.
- 8-Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accomodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 9.- Cancelation made by Clients : you are strongly recommended to organise Travel Insurance.
- 9. a.- Cancelation of tour up to 2 months before departure incurs a loss of the US$ 200.00 non refundable deposit.
- 9. b..- Cancelation of tour within 2 months and 1 month of departure incurs a loss of 50% of total tour cost...
- 9. c.- Cancelation of tour within 1 month and 1 week of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- 9. d.- Cancelation of tour within 1 week - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your train tickets and entrance, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4.
- 9 e.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your train tickets and entrance, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4.
- 10.- Change of dates is only possible if the group is still left with more than a minimum and the train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance have not been finalised. US$ 25.00 is charged.
- Change of dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs a further fee as Peru rail also charges for changes of dates. This administration charge of US$20.00 per ticket in this case is incurred. At times a change of date may only be possible in an upgrade to a higher standard carriage and so the difference in price would need to be paid additionally.
- 11- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter and mule will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger. If you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund from the original payment, however we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 12- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- Salkantay trek is recommended in dry season. Unexpected rain can cause snow falls causing difficult trekking conditions and possibly closure of the pass. In the case of snow falls SAS Travel can not be held accountable for the need to take an alternative route. You would also need good quality trekking boots and equipment to protect you against snow related conditions, cold and glare. In extreme cases when “Salkantay trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 5 Day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 5 Day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc. to give you some of the many options.
- I have read and accept the conditions.