IMPORTANT: Coronavirus -19.
Peruvian Government announced on May 22 nd that Peru will extend its state of National Emergency until June 30 th 2020.
Quarantine measures and border closures will continue. These times are challenging for all of us in the travel community. In truth, a safe
trip to Peru is upon how prompt and safe this pandemic flows down and it is controlled in Peru and all other countries around the world.
1.- Reschedule your trip without any extra cost.-
To reschedule or postpone your trek or tour date, just send us
an email to: [email protected]
Permits and entrances for all our treks and
tours are available from August 15th to December 2020, and treks and trips from
January 1st to December 31st, 2021.
At this stage, due to this unexpected world pandemic situation, you are entitled to
use the entire amount of your booking deposit paid for the new departure date trips
while they are available this year 2020 and the next year 2021.
Your entire booking deposit paid will be used for the new departure date of your
trek or tour and we will reserve, register, and send you a new tour confirmation
for a future date selected by yourself.
US$ 1,390.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Daily Departures: Upon permits Availability.
2 person group US$ 1,690 pp.
3-4 person group USD$ 1,390 pp.
5-6 person group USD$ 1,190 pp
7-8 person group USD$ 990 pp
If you are interested in hiking this awesome trek to Machu Picchu in a small group and you would like to join 2 or 4 person to make lower costs, please let us know, then we can try to find other trekkers please contact at: [email protected]
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... !
For families, group of friends.
Moderate to Challenging.
The night before there is a pre.departure briefing at 7.00 pm at your hotel with your tour guide.
Van, Trekking, Bus and Train.
Inca Trail Spiritual 5D/4N "PILGRIMAGE " -Private Service.
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Classic Inca Trail hike are restricted and limited every year. (There is a LIMITED number of permits offered daily, only 200 spots are granted... so Book Now !). FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE BASIS. - BOOK ONLINE well in advance (10-8 months IN ADVANCE.) on low season (from December to March 7-6 months in advance). WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU to -ACT NOW and SIGN UP SOON ! Only with highly recommended mountain guides !
- EARLY BOOKING SPECIAL 2020, 2021: (From Jan 1st to Dec 31st).
- DAILY DEPARTURES: UPON PERMITS AVAILABILITY.
- PRIVATE TREKS UPON YOUR REQUEST 2 people minimum!
- 2 person group US$ 1,690 pp.
- 3-4 person group USD$ 1,390 pp.
- 5-6 person group USD$ 1,190 pp
- 7-8 person group USD$ 990 pp
- AVAILABILITY for Inca Trail and other TREKS: CHECK OUT HERE:
- AVAILABLE on: APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST: Lares Trek + Short Inca Trail 4 Day. SEE our Open Fixed Departures. CLICK HERE for DETAILS:
- If you are interested in hiking this awesome trek to Machu Picchu in a small group and you would like to join 2 or 4 people to make lower costs, please let us know, then we can try to find other nice trekkers please contact here at: [email protected]
- DAILY DEPARTURES FOR 2019, AVAILABLE SPACES :
- UPON YOUR REQUEST, if you are 2 people and you would like to hike in a private trek you can book online, get a reservation code and pay a deposit to confirm. We will advertise and try our best to get more people to build up a small group. The price of the tour will be based in number of participants. We recommend booking in advance.!
- SAS Travel -HIGHLIGHTS:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel: we never place you with other tour operators.
- HOW TO BOOK: Permits for the Inca Trail trek sell out so quickly that we strongly advise making a booking and paying a down payment as soon as possible. Before booking on our calendar please see our open groups here or register your details in Step 2 and generate a code to pay a down payment with Visa or MasterCard in Step 3 (US$525.00 per person) or pay US$500.00 per person with PAYPAL. In the “Enter description” field, please write your reservation code and your name. In “Item price” write the amount you would like to pay.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu: If you would like to walk up Huayna Picchu Mountain after the trek and tour of the Machu Picchu archaeological site, please let us know ASAP as passes are also limited. The admission is US$85.00 per person (US$45 pp for students with ISIC card), which we’ll add to your booking deposit so we can purchase your tickets for the second Huaynapicchu turn at 11:00 a.m. Alternatively, we recommend booking our 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu Mountain.
GET a 10% Discount in our MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival. Reservation at: [email protected]
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2018 TripAdvisor LLC
INCA TRAIL SPIRITUAL 5D/4N "PILGRIMAGE to MACHUPICCHU"
An spiritual journey for your mind, body and soul...
DAILY DEPARTURES … upon your request !!! -Minimum 4 person
Day 1: Cusco ,Pisac ,Sacred Valley Tour -Van to Km 82 -Llaqtapata 1st Camp.
Day 2: Ayapata, Dead woman`s pass, Llulluchapampa, Pacaymayo camp.
Day 3: Runcuracay, Sayacmarka,Chakicocha, Aobamba, Phuyupatamarka.
Day 4: Phuyupatamarka, Wiñaywayna, Machupicchu, Aguas Calientes.
Day 5: Early bus or walk to Machupicchu, guides tour, time to relax, bus to Aguas Calientes. Vistadome Train return to Cusco.Transfer to your hotel.
- See the Alpaca farm, andean textiles and Pisaq Inka town.
- Escorted by an expert mountain guide and a gifted Andean shaman.
- Ceremony and rituals to our Apus, Auquis (sacred mountains).
- Offering to Pachamama -Mother Earth called Despacho or "prayer bundle"
- Arriving to Intipinku at afternoon, time to enjoy the sunset in Machupicchu.
- Min 4 -Max 8 person per group (Open new departures upon your request.)
- Pre-departure briefing the night before of your tour in your Hotel.
- Pick up from you Hotel in Cusco and Private van to Km 82, start of your trek.
- Full board meal for the entire tour 4 Breakfast, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinner (13 meals).
- 7 Kg personal porter, SAS provide a duffle bag for your belongings.
- New Eureka comfortable tents "Outfitters 4" tent for 2 person, pillows
- Thermal rest mattress, toilet tent, cooking and dinning tent,
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen. Bus down to Aguas Calientes.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents and cooking gear.
- Enjoy the natural hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Night in a Hotel in Aguas Calientes town (Private rooms).
- Early guided tour in Machupicchu, extra time to explore.
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes.
- Return by Vistadome 1st Class train on Day 5th.
- Climb to Huaynapicchu after your tour (Extra US$70 per person Optional)
- Walk to Inca Bridge... highly recommended !! no extra cost.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco at 06:00 am to head to the Sacred Valley.
- Visit of the Alpaca Farm, Pisaq Inca town, Lunch in Urubamba.
- Private transport to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- 13 Full meals for the entire tour 4 Breakfast, 5 Lunch 4 Dinner, (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- 8 Kg personal porter for your entire trek.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table,stools and cooking gear.
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent (clean,new spacious 4 person dome igloo tent)
- 3 Nights in tent plus 1 night in Hostel in Aguas Calientes town.
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- 3-4 guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snack at Machupicchu before your tour.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu tour.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Vistadome train return to Cusco, depart at 15:30 Hrs.
What is not Included:
- Visitor Ticket for Sacred Valley tour 70 soles.
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu $85.00 p/person (Optional)
- Sleeping bag -8ºC US$ 25.00
- Walking poles $ 20.00 ( a pair of poles )
- Single tent US$70.00
- Bottle water, drinks snacks in Aguas Calientes.
- Tips for your trek staff, its a tradition but not mandatory.
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and original ISIC student card if applicable : imperative
- A Daypack for water bottle,and personal items
- sleeping bag (-8ºC)
- Hiking boots
- Trekking poles.
- Warm clothes , layers for variable temperature especially at night.
- Thermals : Gloves / scarf : wool socks / woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for a comfy day walks
- Flash light : head torch
- Camera and extra batteries
- Sunprotection : sunscreen : sun hat and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit / insect repellent
- Rain Gear: poncho/ a good rain jacket
- Toiletries / toilet paper / small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable water bottles are not permited in Machu Picchu
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc ( soles or dollars )
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs. optional.
- After checking our confirmed departs, book online filling out the online format (If you are traveling as a couple or in a group, please add person´s details as it is indicated in Travelling with: (write name and surname, passport number, Date of birth and Nationality.) --If your passport is expired or in renewing process you can still book a tour get a reservation code and pay a deposit. Send us the new numbers later when you have updated.
- Once you have made a booking, you will receive a reservation code (e.g: 240611001). If you don´t receive our reply please check your spam/junk file or email us: [email protected] or WhatsApp: 51 974 217869
- Pay immediately a deposit online with your reservation code. (Pay a deposit for you or for your group with ONE reservation code), so this will help us to apply permits immediately for all person in your group.
- 1.- Pay a booking deposit online with VISA or Master Card. US$315 per person. US$300 + 5% card fee. (Payments by Visa,MC will carry a surcharge of 5%.)
- 2.- Pay a booking deposit with PayPal. US$318 per person. US$300 + 6% Paypal fees. (Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%).
- 3.- If you would like to add the walk to Huayna Picchu Mt after Machu Picchu tour. Click on this option and write down at the booking format in Notes at the end of the page, Entry passes are limited, the walk takes 1.5 -2 Hrs. Pay online with your reservation code US$ 385 per person plus 5% card fees or plus 6% if you pay through Paypal. This pass will be valid for the 2nd turn at 11:00 a.m after your tour at Machu Picchu. When permits for Huaynapicchu Mt are sold out a good alternative is Montaña Mt walk instead, it will take 3-4 Hrs and it is less steep but longer or it is much recommended to walk Montaña on Day 5th at 07:00 am.
- 4.- For group bookings (4-5 person) pay on the same way above or only when there are plenty of permits available for this hike on your preferred date you can transfer your booking deposit to our Bank in Peru or transfer through Western Union. Ask for more details at: [email protected]
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel office staff and guides of any medical problems or allergies. You need to have a good health and a good level of fitness is required. If your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, you will need to present us with a current medical certificate. It is highly recommended to arrive to Cusco a few days before your hike and stay in Cusco at least 3 - 1 nights previous to your hike so that your body is prepared for the altitude.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour, please advise the guide at that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must carry your original passport and valid University student card (if applicable) on the trail. If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your booking and permit documents, the control will annul your permit and refuse your entry to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must send us a copy of your new passport or email the new numbers and bring both of your passport with you, or if this is not possible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the Park controllers with official documentation to avoid problems.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student with University student cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it is confirmed though our agent. A Youth Travel card is not accepted to pay as a student by the Park control.
- 5.- A personal porter for 8 Kg is included in this tour, at the time of briefing a duffle bag will be given to you so you can pack your items previous to the morning of your hike (Please make sure your duffle bag does not exceed the limit of the weight amount you requested, all hotels can provide you with a scale to weigh your bag.) The rest of your belongings can be stored in your Hotel or you can leave them in our Hotel Marqueses near SAS Travel office.
- 6.- Every hiker must have and bring a comfortable 20-30 L daypack to carry your personal items. Bring 2-3 litres of drinkable water for Day 1 (disposable plastic bottles, plastic bags are forbidden). Our crew will offer you boiled water at Lunch time on 2nd Day until the end of the hike, locals sell bottled water and drinks on route and campsites on Day 1 and 2. Hot showers are available on the 1st campsite for 15 Soles (if wanted). At the campsite we will offer you hot water for washing/cleaning purposes.
- 7.- If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for a hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the Inca Trail hike and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this US$70 fee.(This depends if there is someone else willing to share the tent that is the same gender.)
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been purchased and processed. It is non transferable nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited and penalties costs will be applied. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot/permits after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machu Picchu admission in other tours such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machu Picchu on the indicated reserved dates.
- 9.- This package includes a simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes and we ask you to please read the Recommendations section in the web page in case you would like to upgrade to a hotel option. The expedition train return will be on Day 5 th at 15:00 Hrs from Aguas Calientes to Cusco train station or a train to Ollantaytambo plus a private transport to Cusco, returning to Cusco by 19:30 Hrs approx in both cases.
- 10.- If you decide not to go, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter or assistant will accompany you back to a safe area with emergency assistance at Ollantaytambo town, from here you can continue by train to Aguas Calientes town and meet the group on the 4th morning (train cost will be at your expenses US$70-80 approx). Helicopter air lift and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, therefore we recommend to have Travel Insurance. If you fail to complete the hike due to illness we will assist you to meet your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour there, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. If this is the case a hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with the group will be provided by SAS Travel with no extra cost, except the train to Aguas Calientes which costs US$ 70-80 pp and the bus up to Machu Picchu which costs US$14.
- 11.- Huayna Picchu Mountain Entry.- Upon availability and need to book in advance.This ticket is not included in this tour, if it is interest to walk book in advance and we can get your passes for the 2nd session at 11:00 am please let us know by writing this clearly in the comments and ensuring you have been confirmed with this specification.
- 12.- Tips for the porters, cooks and guides.(US$50-60) is not mandatory but it is a tradition. You need to have your own money for bottled water or other drinks if wanted along the route, Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes. Emergency money of at least 300 soles. Total per person (US$150 -US$180) approximately.
- 13.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full Travel Insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Get a one week insurance with Nomads Insurance.
- 14.- When transportation strikes are declared in Cusco without previous notice, the entire group will need to depart Cusco the night before of the tour and do camping near the beginning of the trail to avoid the risk of cancelation of your tour.(We recommend you to come to the SAS Travel office when you arrive to Cusco, to make sure that everything is ready and we ask you to bring your original passport with you.) We recommend to arrive to Cusco a few days prior to your tour.
- 15.- In extreme cases when Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Salkantay or Lares Valley trek and your booking deposit and payment money will be used for this, There will be no refund from the original payment, or other train trips to Machu Picchu.
- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness or loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment from our company.
- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, political strikes, road strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client responsibility to carry a Travel Insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- a.- Cancelation of tour once you have booked, permits has been purchased a reservation has been confirmed incurs a loss of the booking deposit US $500.00 per person plus cards or Paypal surcharges. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel.
- b- Cancellation of tour from the date of confirmation to 60 Days of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- c- Cancellation of tour within 59 Days to 35 Days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- d- Cancellation of tour within 34 days to 15 Days of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total cost of the tour. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- e- Cancellation of tour within 14 Days to 72 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost. You must pay a balance online using your reservation code.
- However we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilizing your train tickets and permits entrance to Machu Picchu, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4. We will however if it is your desire present you with a document to certify your illness and this can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company.
- FINAL PAYMENT:
- The final balance of your tour will be sent to your email with detailed information. You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options indicated in our website or before this date. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, add equipment, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes, Vistadome Train return etc) you must contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by contacting our staff at: [email protected]
- We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You will need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.Or pay in US$ cash at our office in Cusco at your arrival. (Payments with cards in our office in Cusco are not accepted).
- I have read and accept the conditions.