Huchuy Qosqo hike, Machupicchu & Huaynapicchu Mt walk. 3Day /2Night.
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Machu Picchu, Huaynapicchu, train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... Book online, get a code and pay a deposit in advance (6-2 months in advance) SEE below our Confirmed Fixed departures dates: Small group 6-8 person group. US$ 495 per person (Based in shared room )
- CONFIRMED FIXED DEPARTURES ON 2019:
- JANUARY 2019: 3, 10, 17, 24, 30
- MARCH 2019: 3, 10, 17, 24, 30
- APRIL 2019: 3, 10, 17, 24, 30
- MAY 2019: 3, 10, 17, 24, 30
- JUNE 2019: 3, 10, 17, 24, 30
- JULY to DECEMBER 2019: 3, 10, 17, 24, 30
- DAILY DEPARTURES for PRIVATE TOURS with the option to build up a small group for you with other hikers and price will be reduced and upon number of participants. (2 person minimum) Book Now!. (If you have a group of 4-6 person and your interested starting date IS NOT LISTED ABOVE ...then we can open a new departure date, Book Now!.
- ENJOY THE WALKING TO HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN.- The Entrance Ticket for this spectacular walk is included, it takes 2 hours in and back... but there are Limited places!... (this is another strong reason why to book in advance.) Only 200 tourists a day are able walk to Huayna Picchu mountain at 11am. (When permits for Huayna Picchu Mt have already run out, sold out... then we will offer you to walk to Montana Machu Picchu) which takes 4 hours in and back... of course Huayna Picchu walk is by far the cherry of the cake! so book on shortly!.
- HOW TO BOOK Once you have checked our group departures. Choose your interested / preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) on the Calendar (left side). Fill in your details and group as is requested in the format. Pay a booking deposit ONLINE of $200 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or Paypal with your reservation code. For Private tours or for dates not listed, just choose on the calendar your interested departure date and fill out your details, get a reservation code, then pay a deposit to confirm.
- SPECIAL: 8 Day / 7 Night Lares Valley trek to Machupicchu, Cusco, Sacred Valley and Hotel Marqueses Package. Cusco, Sacred Valley, Lares Valley hike with 7 Kg porterage service. Find more information here: Lares 8 Day Package USD$ 795.00 per person (Based in Double accommodation). Free up-grade to Deluxe or Suite room).
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 10% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. Reservations at: [email protected]
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2018 TripAdvisor LLC
This soft trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them as they camp in an area that is scarcely seen by tourists. Huchuy Qosqo (The small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers very spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota. This trek is also a great way for you to enjoy a shorter trek that still includes Machu Picchu, Inca trails, ruins and valleys (with Inca stairs that are better than the Inca Trail). You will have one night camping in the wilderness and then the very next night will be spent in our Hotel Viajeros in the beautiful town, Aguas Calientes”
What is Included:
- Pick-ups from your hotels at 06:00 am.
- Transfer in private vehicle to Tambomachay (starting point of the trek)
- Experienced english speaking guide and a chef.
- 2 people per tents (tents are comfortable + comfortable roll mattress.
- Dining tent with tables,chairs and cooking equipment
- Meals: 2 Breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 Dinners
- Horses (to carry tents, food, cooking equipment)
- 6 Kg personal porterage service for your items (Duffle bag provided).
- Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your bottle.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Private vehicle from Taucca or Lamay to Ollantaytambo Train station.
- Train from Ollantaytambo to AguasCalientes (Vistadome or Expedition)
- Arriving to Aguas Calientes transfer to the Hostel.(Double private room).
- Early Breakfast and bus up to Machupicchu citadel for a tour.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and Huaynapicchu (for late bookings montaña walk).
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu for 3 hrs approximately. Free time for extra walks
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes. Lunch
- Expedition Train return to Cusco or to Ollanta and bus to Cusco.
What is not Included:
- Drinkable water on Day 1
- Sleeping bag (you can hire for US$10)
- Breakfast on Day 1 and dinner on Day 3
- Drinks and snacks.
- Tips for your staff is traditional but not mandatory.
We recommend that you bring:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Sleeping bag
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruits, muesli, etc.
- Flashlight and batteries
- Toilet paper
- Camera, film and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Insect repellent, minimum recommended 20% DEET
- Sun bloc.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Presidente USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Killa Inn USD$ 45.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 59.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Tierra Viva Machupicchu US$90.00 p/person
- Hotel Casa Andina US$90.00 p/person
- Hotel Machu Picchu Pueblo INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes D B)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- Please note if you are travelling by yourself the UP-GRADING cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person!
- (therefore the upgrade cost based on single occupancy are below… ).
- Hotel Presidente $40.00
- Hotel Inka Town $70.00
- Hotel Home Like Home Machu Picchu $70.00
- Hotel Santuario $120.00
- Hotel Andina Luxury $90.00
- Hotel El Mapi- INKATERRA $170.00
- Hotel Tierra Viva Machupicchu $170.00
- Hotel MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO INKATERRA $420.00
- Hotel Sumaq $400.00
- Hotel Sanctuary Lodge $950.00
- Hotel Killa Inn $80.00
- Hotel Casa Andina $170.00
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in
- Montana or Cerro Machu Picchu vs Huayna Picchu
- In case it helps I found this link with aerial views of the views from Mountain Machu Picchu and from Huayna Picchu plus much more.
- The permit fee for Montana Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu are exactly the same but permits for Huayna Picchu generally run out quicker in the high season months of June July and Aug.
- Huayna Picchu has 2 session times one that starts from 7 -8 am and the other that starts from 10 -11am. This does not mean you only have 1 hour to go up and down (as some people like to sit up there for at least 30 mins). The hour slot is that people must start the hike between 7 am and just before 8am or from 10 am to just before 11 am. Ie you must enter ie pass the initial control checkpoint before the 8 or 11am time accordingly. For Montana Machu Picchu your permit can enter at any time until 11am but you should enter in the morning as it is at least a 3 hr round trip and you should allow more time if you are not a hiker.
- Montana or Cerro Machu Picchu (564 vertical meters (1850 ft) generally takes 3 hours as it is much higher than the Huayna Picchu (360 metres (1,180 ft) which takes about 1 to 1 and a half hours to climb up and down. Thus the views from Montana Machu Picchu are considerably better from the higher vantage point looking over not only Machu Picchu but also Huayna Picchu and the mountains beyond! Also Montana Machu Picchu is way less crowded!
- Montana Machu Picchu tends to be a longer climb also with many inca stairs but less exposed and vertical. Various caves that contained skeletons when found by Hiram Bingham’s expedition are located at the base of Cerro Machu Picchu, leading to the area being called the ‘Upper Cemetery.’
- Huayna Picchu is to be avoided if you suffer vertigo and both climbs are to be considered dangerous in bad weather.
- If you don’t mind the hotter temperatures, many recommend taking the later time slot (10-11am) for entry to Huayna Picchu so that you have more time at the main site for your tour first before the crowds arrive. However if you are returning to Machu Picchu to do this on a second entry many people say do the early time slot to see the view at first light. In wet season mist may be a hinderance at this time though!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 200 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 210 per person. (US$ 200+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 212 per person. (US$ 200+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- WESTERN UNION: currently not available till end of Oct 2015
- OR pay into our Australia Bank (ask for details via email).
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- Cost of tour is based on double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers is US $20
- 5.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accomodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 6.- You must carry a clear copy of your passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the tour. You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- A.- Cancelation of the tour once you have paid a deposit and received a confirmation incurs in the loss of the booking deposit. (US$ 200.00) per person. Non-refundable booking deposit.
- B.- Cancelation of tour within 45 days to 31 days before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- C.- Cancelation of tour within 30 days to 8 days before departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- D.- Cancelation of tour within 7 days - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- E.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9. Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out for after the guided tour, then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in “Please Note” on the web page. If you prefer not to do that option let us know immediately and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- 10.Travel insurance is strongly recommended..SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 11.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above. I have read and accept the conditions.