US$ 560.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
DAILY DEPARTURES !!!
2-3 Person US$ 560.00 p/person.
4-6 Person US$ 520.00 p/person.
($20 Discount for ISIC card holders.)
Combining a days trek and visit to the stunning Winya Wayna site only accessible by foot. then your tour in Machupicchu will be spectacular on the second day. You will arrive very early just as the park opens and not yet crowded, you will have plenty of time after your guided tour to explore further on your own, there are signs and indications around, you will have a high chance to obtain tickets to climb the mountain Huayna-Picchu (2700m/8883ft) before of after your tour.
Is it for me?
This hike is accessible for all ages, and doesn't require you to be in top physical shape. Since your one day hike takes you to the town of Aguas Calientes, you will not have to camp, or carry backpacks only your personal day-pack as we will stay in a Hotel. Private rooms, it is recommended for those having less time or those with less experience in altitude. For families, group of friends or couples.
To make even more special this short pilgrimage to Machu-Picchu, up-grade your accommodation, you can stay in the Sanctuary Hotel near Machupicchu or in Inkaterra hotel in Aguas Calientes near the hot springs pools.
This itinerary is rated moderate and should be undertaken by people who are fairly fit and take regular exercise.
Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes 10 soles ( US$3.50)
Extra night in Aguas Calientes $20 per person (on double basis)
Single Supplement for single/solo travelers US$ 20 per room
Inca Trail 2D/1N Short Trek -Private Service.
Last Minute Information
- AVAILABLE PERMITS !!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TREK (Special 2015 rate
- Inca Trail trek permits are limited every year (only 200 spots daily) and there is a high demand for this trek so, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... you must book and pay a deposit well in advance, so we can secure your spots. (For high season (April to November 4 months in advance.) on (Low season December to March 2 months in advance.) Permits and spots in our group are AVAILABLE from Jan 25th (entire February the trail is closed) then on: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December 2016 .. We strongly advise that you make a booking and pay a deposit asap... CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE
- HOW TO BOOK.- Select your chosen departure date on the CALENDAR (left side) fill out with your details, fill out details of your group in Traveling with: then you will generate/receive a reservation code to pay online with Visa or MC a deposit (downpayment) of $210.00 per person online on Step3 (if there are problems paying please pay with Paypal to: SAS Travel Peru).
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- (Those trekkers who want to add a climb to Huaynapicchu mountain once you finished the tour at Machupicchu they need to let us know and pay US$ 75 pp extra so we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am. Otherwise enjoy the free walks to Inca bridge or other sectors at Machupicchu.
- FREE UP-GRADE to Deluxe room in MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco booking this package with this tour:5 Day/4Night Cusco, Sacred Valley and Short Inca Trail Package. also this other tour: 7 Day Package with 2 Day Short Inca Trail
MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco. Booking (3 months before) in advance you GET a FREE UP-GRADE to Deluxe rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book at: firstname.lastname@example.org must indicate your SAS Travel reservation code. (This offer is only valid for accommodation dates from JAN 1st 2016 to APRIL 15th 2016). For months May to Aug, Stay 4 Nights FREE UP-GRADE to Suite room for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash. www.hotelmarqueses.com
2 DAY SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU - AVAILABLE!!!
Inca Trail shorter`s version leaves from KM 104, located at 2100 masl (104 kilometers along the railway from Cusco to Aguas Calientes) and involves a 16 Km of walk in total. The hike start from the botton of the valley to Wiñaywayna Inca Complex located at 2700 masl in approximatelly 4 hours of spectaculars views of cloud forest valley and Inca sites enroute connecting the classic Inca Trail trek at at the impressive Wiñaywayna site. After lunch a couple of hours of easy walk to Machu Picchu, for many hikkers the best part of the classic trek. Chachabamba, Choquesuysuy and Intipata are other very amazing Inca Complexes hiding in the middle of the beauty of the mountains. We walk to Machu Picchu at early afternoon in the middle of beautiful nature, sounds of hummingbirds, peacefuly and uncrowded trail until “Inti Punku” the sun-gate, have unique views from this mountain top, after 40 minutes you will be on front of this wonder for sunset, then we board a bus to Aguas Calientes town. Accommodation and dinner included. Next morning after breakfast we have the chance to walk for 1 hr to Machupicchu or an early bus to Machu Picchu, guided tour with your expert guide for 2-3 hours, free time explore in your own. Lunch in Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco (arrival time to Cusco 9pm).
"...Caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar." Antonio Machado.**
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at your Hotel.
- Pick up from your Hotel at 04:00 am (Private transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station (2 Hrs)
- PeruRail 1st Class train to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the trail and Machupicchu sanctuary
- Permits and fees for the 2 Day Inca Trail park
- Walk with an excellent English speaking guide for 4 hours before Lunch
- Guided visit of Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna and Choquesuysuy
- Guided Tour in Machupicchu on the second Day
- Walk to the Inca Bridge after your tour.(Optional)
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast 1 Lunch ,1 snack and drink for the 1st Day
- Accommodation 2 person room Hotel Wiracocha or Presidente.
- 2 bus tickets (Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes -Machupicchu)
- PeruRail 1st class train return to Cusco or train to Ollanta and transport to Cusco
- Free and safe Storage of your belongings in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses.
What is not Included:
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on 2nd Day US$ 12 pp
- (or a down hill walk for 45 minutes to Aguas Calientes town.)
- Hot spring pools 10 soles
- Dinner on the 2nd Day
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu mountain.
We recommend that you bring
- Your Original passport
- Student card ISIC (if applicable.)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Water to drink ( 2 liters)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Basic toiletries
- Hat or cap for the sun, essential
- Sunscream with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes(Malaria or Yellow fever not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, runners or sturdy shoes
- Money in soles or dollars. ATM´s or cash machines and travelers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 275.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for choosing SAS Travel.
- CLICK on Step 1.- See AVAILABILITY
- CLICK on Step 2.- TO RESERVE .-Select Inca Trail 2D/1N Short Trek -Group Service, and fill it out with your own personal details, fill out details of your group in Traveling with: (First Name and Surname, Passport Number, Age and Nationality contact email/skype address or phone.) If you are joining friends who have already been confirmed in a date you must indicate the same date in all 3 trek alternative date options and their names in the comments section. (If you do not have an alternative date you must indicate your only possible date in all 3 options. (Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months before you enter Peru.) Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a reservation code (Purchase number) (eg: 240611001). Then you must pay your booking deposit as until we receive a payment your reservation is not confirmed or safe. It is only so we can find the full reservation details at the exact time of payment. The last spaces in the group will be guaranteed in order of payments received so it is best to pay for all people in your group together with 1 reservation code, so that we can guarantee your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour together in the same group. (Also ensure you send scan of ISIC student card if applicable at this time.)
- HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.- Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card or Pay Pal deposit as these are a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation. Or you can skype sas.travel OR sas.travel.info with your credit card details for immediate payment and confirmation.
- DEPOSIT OPTION:
- 1.- PAY with WESTERN UNION.- Transfer US$ 200.00 per person (or US$270.00 per person if you want us to purchase a Huaynapicchu permit as well ). Western Union is the cheapest way to send money (up to USD$ 999.00 if you are from the US) I understand you can do this via Western Union online service for only about $6 fee when it is indicated as a non-inmediate pickup and using a checking account. You make the payment to: Juan Carlos VALER SANGA (Peru). (This is the only person authorized to receive Western Union Payments for SAS Travel -Peru so only use these details.) However if you are going to send larger amounts it has to be done via a Western Union office. Upon transferring the money email us the email confirmation receipt from Western Union with your reservation code and amount paid to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com -to confirm your booking deposit.
- 2.- PAY ONLINE with VISA or MASTER CARD.- USD$ 210.00 per person (USD$ 200.00 + 5% card charge) (or USD$ 280.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa) Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 3.- PAY ONLINE with PAYPAL .- USD$ 212.00 per person (USD$ 200.00 + 6% PAY PAL FEE) (or USD$ 282.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge and the confirmation from PayPal needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- 4.- If you have an Australian Bank account there are no extra fees for 2014 to transfer to our Australian Bank account. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Westpac bank details. This can only be for a domestic bank transfer within Australia. If done internationally a fee of $40 will be charged. As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 12 working hours. If you don`t receive your confirmation within 18 hours please send an email to: email@example.com
- FINAL PAYMENT.- You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie (up-grade accommodation,trek poles, etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card (Visa,MC)commission or 6% PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose. You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS 2 DAY INCA TRAIL TREK TO MACHUPICCHU. -Private Service
- (Minimum with 2 person.)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- You need to carry your back pack, with change of clothing /raingear and water for the day to drink,
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of (US$200) non refundable Booking fee.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- However we can organise for you to continue through by the train to Aguas Calientes joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here . So if you are not feeling well enough to do the hike even at the last minute please let us know.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled.
- 10.- includes overnight in simple accommodation on double basis in Aguas Calientes and bedding /towels etc are provided. If you want a room for just yourself the single supplement payment is required
- 11- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to any and all hotel accommodations. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” or your Tam has expired, ie your stay has exceded 60 days…. the 18% tax will have to be charged by the hotel according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper.
- 12.- Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of minimum US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 13.- If you become ill or injured, we will assist you with any claims with a document to certify illness or other, which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 14.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 15.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 16.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative Train tour option and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lares package or Lake titicaca etc to give you some of the many options.
- 17.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- Ensure you give the office the full details of your accomodation in Cusco and attend the briefing the night before the trek.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- Signature and Date.