US$ 520.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Student rate for group service dates: US$ 495.00 with ISIC Student green card scanned through at time of booking.
Single room supplement in Ollantaytambo $27.00
Single room supplement in Aguas Calientes $20.00
Total $47.00 if travelling alone but if you are happy to share a room in Aguas Calientes with another person of same gender then we do not need to charge the single room supplement for Aguas Calientes.
(Sunday and thursday are the most recommended day for enjoying Sacred Valley´s beautiful town, market and arqueological site of Pisac and so you would want to consider your 2 day trek for a Monday)
This has become an incredibly popular option and defintiely worth booking as it makes excellent use of your time and money.
Is it for me?
This all makes even better sense when you realise that the group leaving from Cusco on the day of the trek, depart at 4am but you can sleep in and only need to be ready just before 6am to be transfered to the train.
This itinerary is rated moderate and should be undertaken by people who are fairly fit and take regular exercise. However you do not need to consider this as a high altitude trek as it is lower than Cusco
Bus Train Trek!
We highly recommend Boutique Hotel Marqueses in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
You are here:
INCA TRAIL to MachuPicchu > Sacred Valley & Short Inca Trail 3 Day/ 2 Night Tour - -Group Service.
Sacred Valley & Short Inca Trail 3 Day/ 2 Night Tour - -Group Service.
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Inca Trail hike are so limited every year... that only 200 permits are available each day FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS… so you need to book and pay the deposit well in advance... so we can secure your spots. For high season (May to October, 6-4 months in advance.) Low season (November to April, 4-3 months in advance.) The famous Sacred Valley and the short 2 Days Inca Trail to Machupicchu, a perfect combination to reach MachuPicchu..!! A day before your hike, join us a guided Sacred Valley tour to enjoy and see Awanacancha the Andean Weaving center and Alpaca, Llamas Farm, explore Pisac Ruins and Market then see the Valley of Yucay and Urubamba, visit and stay at Ollantaytambo (a living andean Inca town) in SolPeru Hotel or Apulodge, next morning early train to Km 104 allowing for an early start hike to enjoy more time on the trek and in Wiñay Wayna. Arrival for first view of MachuPicchu this afternoon. Overnight Aguas Calientes. (For up-grade accommodation options see below). Day 3.-Full day in Machu Picchu, then late afternoon train return to Cusco arriving by 9:00 pm.
- HOW to BOOK.- On the calendar (Leaving Dates) Select the month and click on your preferred leaving date (left side). Fill in your details and group details as requested, you will generate a reservation code. Pay online a deposit on Step 3. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- Add the climbing to Huaynapicchu mountain to your hike at 11:00 am once you have finished your tour at Machupicchu. (Extra cost of $75 pp) -$40 with ISIC student card.
- Free up-grade to Deluxe room in Cusco booking this package with this tour:5 Day/4Night Cusco, Sacred Valley and Short Inca Trail Package.
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from JAN 1st 2014 to APRIL 15th 2014). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash.www.hotelmarqueses.com
FIXED GROUP DEPARTURES on: TUESDAY, THURSDAY, SUNDAY.
GROUP DEPARTURES... Click on: AVAILABILITY once you have booked a tour you will generate a code to pay your booking deposit ONLINE on Step 3.
PRIVATE TOURS.. DAILY DEPARTURES !!!
Tours upon your request, when permits are available.
Click on: PERMITS AVAILABILITY (Click: QUERIES / Select: CAMINO INKA / Select: Month and Year.)
2-3 Person US$ 580.00 p/person.
4-6 Person US$ 520.00 p/person.
7-9 Person US$ 495.00 p/person.
Rate of the tour will be according the number of participants in the group.
What is Included:
- At 08:20 am Sacred Valley tour to see Pisac, Yucay, Ollantaytambo.
- Accomodation in Ollantaytambo town at ApuLodge or similar Hotel.
- Expedition train to Km 104 on second Day (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the Park, Inca trail and Machupicchu sanctuary
- Permits and fees for the 2 Day Inca Trail park
- Walk with an excellent English speaking guide for 6 hours.
- Guided visit of Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna and Choquesuysuy
- Guided Tour in Machupicchu on the second Day
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch.
- 1 snack and soda drink for the 1st Day
- Acommodation at Hostel Viajeros or Hostel Muyurina.
- 2 bus tickets (Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes -Machupicchu)
- Expedition train return to Cusco or train to Ollanta and private transport to Cusco
- Free safe Storage in Cusco in Hotel Marqueses while you are hiking.
- Walk the Sun`s gate Intipunku or to Inca Bridge after your tour.(Optional).
What is not Included:
- Entrance fee for Sacred Valley tour (70 Soles to pay directy in Pisac)
- Lunch in Urubamba ( Buffet lunch from 25 to 35 Soles )
- Hot spring pools Aguas Calientes town.,Optional 10 soles.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on 2nd Day US$ 9
- (or a down hill walk for 45 minutes to Aguas Calientes)
- Drinks, snacks or bottle water.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu mountain . US$70 Optional.
We recommend that you bring
- Your Original passport
- Student card ISIC (if applicable.)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Water to drink ( 2 liters)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Basic toiletries
- Hat or cap for the sun, essential
- Sunscream with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes(Malaria or Yellow fever not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, runners or sturdy shoes
- Money in soles or dollars. ATM´s or cash machines and travelers cheques in Aguas Calientes or Olantaytambo are more expensive to change.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- Thank you for booking with SAS Travel.
- CLICK: (AVAILABILITY AND BOOKINGS) See FIXED DEPARTURES.
- Choose the tour and departure date required, fill out your personal details on Step 2, then below fill out the details of your group in Traveling with: (Make sure your passports have 6 months validation on them before you enter to Peru). Once you have finalized your booking, you will receive a reservation code (purchase number) to be able to pay ONLINE with. (eg: 240611001). If you are booking for 2 or more people, you can pay with just one code for one transaction.Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card deposit as this is a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation.
- HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.- (USD$ 200.00 per person is required.)
- 1.- PAY with WESTERN UNION.- Transfer US$ 200.00 per person (or US$270.00 per person if you want us to purchase a Huaynapicchu permit as well ). WESTERN UNION is the cheapest way to send money if you are from the US (up to USD$999.00 if you use your checking account is only about $6-$8! ). I und! erstand if you use credit card to pay the Western Union then your credit card company will also charge a cash advance fee so it is better to use a checking account to keep the fee down. However for countries other than the US I understand the fees are generally higher. If you check it out and the fees are comparable then You make the payment to: JUAN CARLOS VALER SANGA (Peru)
- RECEIVERS FIRST NAME - JUAN CARLOS
- RECEIVERS PATERNAL NAME - VALER
- RECEIVERS MATERNAL NAME - SANGA
- You choose delivery method option of cash at agent location. Upon transferring the money email us the MTCN (money Transfer number) from Western Union, amount paid with your reservation code to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com -to confirm your full payment.
- 2.- PAY ONLINE with VISA or MASTER CARD.- USD$ 210.00 per person (USD$ 200.00 + 5% card charge) (or USD$ 280.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa) Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 3.- PAY ONLINE with PAYPAL .- USD$ 212.00 per person (USD$ 200.00 + 6% PAY PAL FEE) (or USD$ 282.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge and the confirmation from PayPal needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- 4.- If you have an Australian Bank account you can do a domestic transfer so contact us for details. firstname.lastname@example.org
- As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 12 working hours. If you don`t receive your confirmation within 18 hours please send an email to: email@example.com
- FINAL PAYMENT.- You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie (up-grade accommodation,trek poles, etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card (Visa,MC)commission or 6% PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose. You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- Sacred Valley & Short Inca Trail 3 Day/ 2 Night Tour - -Group Service.
- (Minimum with 6 person.)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- You need to carry your back pack, with change of clothing /raingear and water for the day to drink,
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of (US$200) non refundable Booking fee.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- However we can organise for you to continue through by the train to Aguas Calientes joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here . So if you are not feeling well enough to do the hike even at the last minute please let us know.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled.
- 10.- includes overnight in simple accommodation on double basis in Aguas Calientes and bedding /towels etc are provided. If you want a room for just yourself the single supplement payment is required
- 11. If you choose an upgrade hotel option the cancelation fees of these may be very strict, ie no show allows the hotel to charge in full for the night so it is very important to ensure cancellation have been recognised and confirmed at least 5 weeks in advance to avoid further fees.
- 12.- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to any and all hotel accommodations. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” or your Tam has expired, ie your stay has exceded 60 days…. the 18% tax will have to be charged by the hotel according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper.
- 13.- Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of minimum US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 14.- If you become ill or injured, we will assist you with any claims with a document to certify illness or other, which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 15.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 16.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 16.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative Train tour option and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lares package or Lake titicaca etc to give you some of the many options.
- 18.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- Ensure you give the office the full details of your accomodation in Cusco and attend the briefing the night before the trek.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- Signature and Date.