US$ 1,890.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
DEPARTURES ON LISTED DATES !!
2 person group US$ 1,890 pp.
3-4 person group USD$ 1,290 pp.
5-7 person group USD$ 1,090 pp
8-12 > ppl group USD$ 990 pp
If your interest is walking this tour in a small group and you would like to join 2 or 4 person to make lower costs, please let us know, so we can try to find other trekkers. Here: [email protected]
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... !
Highest point 4,200 mts.
Inca Trail Classic 4Day/3Nights - 2016 Departures !! Private Service.-This special Inca Trail in a private service can depart any date as long as there are Permits available. This permits are required and is important to reserve in advance, You need to book 4-6 months before due to the Permits. For last minute booking please check the availability permits link. For 20-30 minutes, the night before of your trek at 6:00 pm at your hotel.
Inca Trail Classic 4Day/3Night -PRIVATE SERVICE.
Last Minute Information
- IMPORTANT NOTE.- All permits on April, May, June, July and part in August are Fully Booked. --(Short Inca Trail 2 Day, 3 Day trek permits, Lares 4 Day, Salkantay 5 Day trek or Lares Valley + Short Inca Trail 4 Day trek are AVAILABLE). We strongly recommend you to -Act now with your bookings for August, September, October, November and December.
- Our Price: US$1,890 per person
- US$1,850 with ISIC Student card or childs under 16 y/o.
- Permits are AVAILABLE and there are free spaces in our group on dates listed below:
- FEBRUARY 2017: Inca Trail is closed. (Alternative Treks and Trips by train Available).
- MARCH 2017: 2,4,5,6,8,9,11,12,13,15,16 17,19, 22, 24,27,28,29
- ABRIL 2017: 1, 2, (Short Inca Trail 3,2 Day Trek -AVAILABLE)
- APRIL 2017: 4 Day Lares Trek on: 3,10,17,24, 27,30
- APRIL 2017: 5 Day Salkantay on: 1,5,8,12,15,19,22,26,29
- APRIL 2017: Lares trek + Short Inca trail 4 Days on: 2, 9, 16 ,22, 28
- MAY 2017: All permits for Inca Trail are sold out. (Short Inca Trail Trek -AVAILABLE)
- MAY 2017: 4 Day Lares Trek on:2,6,10,14,16,20,24,27,30
- MAY 2017: 5 Day Salkantay on:1,5,9,12,15,19,23,26,29,31
- MAY 2017: 4 Day Lares Trek + Short Inca Trail on: 1, 2, 9, 13, 18, 25, 30
- JUNE 2017: All permits for Inca Trail are sold out. (Short Inca Trail -AVAILABLE)
- JUNE 2017: 4 Day Lares Trek on: 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- JUNE 2017: 5 Day Salkantay on: 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29
- JUNE 2017: 4 Day Lares Valley Trek + Short Inca Trail on: 3, 10, 18, 24, 29
- JULY: Permits are Fully Booked. SEE our Alternative Treks or Short Inca Trail 2 Day.
- AUGUST: 5, 6, 13, 14, 15, 17,18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
- For AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER: See here before booking our Up-to-Date dates for:Inca Trail, Alternative Treks AVAILABILITY. Book online, Get a reservation code and pay a deposit with MC or Visa or thru Paypal.
- JANUARY to DECEMBER 2018: Daily group Departures -AVAILABLE. Permits are so limited every year... we strongly recommend you to book (8-6 months in advance) to avoid disappointments.
- Important note: From January 1st 2017, the Cultural Institute will increase the price of trek permits for visitors and porters. SAS Travel will not increase its rate for 2017. We are making a big effort to keep our 2016 prices while maintaining our superior levels of service.
- Up-to-Date dates for:Inca Trail, Alternative Treks AVAILABILITY.
- This is our classic 4 Day/3 Night Inca Trail trek -- a popular option for good reason! It’s a moderate trek that passes through stunning scenery and a number of fascinating archaeological sites on the way to Machu Picchu, where you’ll have a guided tour and time to explore the site on your own. Night in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs. Next day Train return to Ollantaytambo at 08:45 am.
- SAS Travel Highlights:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel: we never place you with other tour operators.
- Permits for the Inca Trail trek are limited and must be reserved and purchased well in advance (only 200 hikers can walk this popular trek each day). We therefore operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will need to book and pay your deposit (down payment) far in advance. For high season (April to November), we recommend booking 6 to 8 months in advance. For low season (December to March), we recommend 3 to 4 months in advance. Please contact us with any questions about Inca Trail permits and booking a trek.
- How to book: Permits for the Inca Trail trek sell out so quickly that we strongly advise making a booking and paying a down payment as soon as possible. Before booking on our calendar please see our open groups here or register your details in Step 2 and generate a code to pay a down payment with Visa or MasterCard in Step 3 (US$315.00 per person) or pay US$300.00 per person with PAYPAL. In the “Enter description” field, please write your reservation code and your name. In “Item price” write the amount you would like to pay.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu: If you would like to walk up Huayna Picchu Mountain after the trek and tour of the Machu Picchu archaeological site, please let us know ASAP as passes are also limited. The admission is US$75.00 per person (US$40 pp for students with ISIC card), which we’ll add to your booking deposit so we can purchase your tickets for the second Huaynapicchu turn at 11:00 a.m. Alternatively, we recommend booking our 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu Mountain.
- -- -
- Special: 7 Day / 6 Night Classic Inca Trail trek, Cusco and Hotel Marqueses Package. This includes a Cusco and Sacred Valley tour, as well as the classic Inca Trail hike with 6 kg porter service, for US$920.00 per person. You can read more about this offer here: 7 Day Classic Inca Trail Package.
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 15% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. OR a FREE Sacred Valley tour to see Pisac, Yucay, Urubamba, Ollantatambo and Chincheros. (70 Soles Entrance fee to the ruins and lunch are not included.) Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. To reserve please contact Miguel at: [email protected] but you must also indicate your tour reservation code with SAS Travel
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
The best itinerary for a Private Small Group Inca Trail hike...!!!
Day 1: Cusco - Ollanta - Km 82 Piskacucho - Ayapata 1st Camping.
Day 2: Ayapata, Dead woman`s pass, Llulluchapampa, Pacaymayo camp.
Day 3: Chakicocha, Aobamba, Phuyu, Intipata, Winaywayna, Aguas Calientes.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes -Machupicchu,(Huaynapicchu) Aguas Calientes, Cusco.
Entrance fee for Huaynapicchu USD$ 70 per person, book in advance.
ADVANTAGES OF INCA TRAIL 4Day/3Night -PRIVATE SERVICE:
- Daily departures upon your request and availability. (3-4 person mínimum).
- Pre-Departure briefing the night before of your tour in your hotel.
- 7 Kg personal porter, (SAS provide a duffle bag for the porter.)
- Experienced English speaking mountain guide, expert cooks amd porters.
- Guided tour and interpretation at Machupicchu, extra time to explore.
- New Eureka comfortable tents "Outfitters 4" tent for 2 person, pillows
- Thermal rest mattress, Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen.
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes, Vistadome train return to Cusco.
-100% Operated by SAS Travel, we never put you with other operators.
-We guarantee 100% Peruvian SAS Travel top mountain guides.
-(Optional: start from Ollantaytambo or Urubamba).
Walking Inca Trail to Machupicchu with SAS Travel; Fully portered trek where your comfort is our prime responsibility, we make sure that you get the best experience of your holiday while you interact with the locals, explore and rediscover remote ancient Inca buildings, learning some Quechua words and history, take in the stunning landscape surrounding you and simply feel one with mother nature, while we carry your gear, prepare your meals, set up your camps and take care of all your requirements. At SAS Travel we want you to worry about nothing but getting the maximum out of your trip... just exceeding your expectations !!
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your Hotel.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or Sacred Valley.
- Private Transport to km 82 –Piskacucho (trek starting point)
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cook, assistants.
- Permit for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table,stools and cooking gear.
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- (Visit and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.)
- Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent (clean,new spacious 4 person dome igloo tent)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- Toilet tent with biodegradable system.
- 3-4 guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snack at Machupicchu before your tour.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu tour.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- 7 Kg porterage service for your personal belongings.
- Confirmed Vistadome Deluxe train return to Cusco.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (to hire for 4 Days US$ 25)
- A pair of Trekking poles US$20 for entire trek.
- Entrance fee for Huaynapicchu mountain, extra of USD$ 75.00 pp
- Tips for your staff, guides, cooks, porters etc. ( US$25-US$30 approx )
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable).
- A backpack to carry your sleeping bag, roll mattress and personal belongings.
- A daypack to carry your personal belongings only in case you hired a porterage service, (we provide a duffle bag when you hire a personal porter).
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC /
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support or tough runners/sneakers, Rubber-soled sandals or (flip flops),
- Warm clothes, Polartec or Polar fleece, layers for variable temperature especially at night / Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions.
- Gloves or mittens, scarf, three pairs wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights. /
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort.
- Torch (Flashlight), head torch and extra batteries.
- Camera and extra batteries, small size binoculars. /
- Wide-brimmed hats, wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face,
- Sunscreen good sunblock (SPF 15) or better. Lip balm and Insect repellent. Sunglasses /
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho.
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel, moist towelettes,
- Water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site). /
- Water purifying tablets (optional), since we provide boiled water, also bottle water available to buy. Bathing suits for hot springs in Aguas Calientes town.
- Personal medical kit, Bring medications you need from home.
- Inflatable or travel pillow. Book, phrasebook.
- Plastic bags (Ziploc baggies).
- Trekking poles metal tips are not allowed on the trail (rubber tips can find in Cusco.
- For last minute booking please check availability in Inca Trail Permits.
- Or you can call us to reserve and book for your private trek.
- In low season ( December to April ) 1 or 2 months before.
- This trek also can be accommodated to depart from Ollantaytambo, so you can start walking early the first past of the trek and avoid the crowds. After visiting the Sacred Valley you can stay in Ollantaytambo, also help a bit to cope with the altitude because it is lower altitude than Cusco.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for deciding to book with us but we urge you to read all the information, descriptions, general details, booking conditions and tour notes to avoid any confusion.
- Step 1.-call or skype sas.travel to ensure there are still sufficient trek permits
- or ** Check Official INC Availability: http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/
- (Click: QUERIES / Select: CAMINO INKA / Select: Month and Year.)**
- Step 2.- click on http://sastravel.online-booking.co/registration.php
- Select your tour Inca Trail Classic 4D/3N -Private Service
- date and number of people in your group. Please fill out with your own personal details, and then details of your group in Traveling with: First Name and Surname, Passport Number, Age and Nationality contact email/skype address or phone. If you are joining friends who have already been confirmed in a date you must indicate the same date in all 3 trek alternative date options and their names in the comments section. If you do not have an alternative date you must indicate your only possible date in all 3 options. (Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months before you enter Peru). . Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a reservation code (eg: 240611001). Then you must pay your booking deposit as until we receive a payment your reservation is not confirmed or safe. It is only so we can find the full reservation details at the exact time of payment. The last spaces in the group will be guaranteed in order of payments received so it is best to pay for all people in your group together with 1 reservation code, so that we can guarantee your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour together in the same group. Please also ensure you send scan of ISIC card if applicable at this time.
- Step 3 .-HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.-
- Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card or Pay Pal deposit as these are a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation. Or you can skype sas.travel with your credit card details for immediate payment and CONFIRMATION.
- 1.- Pay a deposit with WESTERN UNION: Transfer US$ 500.00 per person (or US$570.00 per person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Western Union is the cheapest way to send money (up to USD$ 999.00 per online transaction) if you are from the US) I understand you can do this via Western Union online service for only about $6 fee when it is indicated as a non-inmediate pickup and using a checking account. You make the payment to: Juan Carlos VALER SANGA (Peru)
- (This is the only person authorized to receive Western Union Payments for SAS Travel -Peru so only use these details.)
- However if you are going to send larger amounts it has to be done via a Western Union office. Upon transferring the money email us the email confirmation reciept from Western Union with your reservation code and amount paid to: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] -to confirm your booking deposit.
- 2.-PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD,VISA .- USD$ 525.00 per person (USD$ 500.00 + 5% card charge) (or USD$ 595.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa)
- 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with PAY PAL .- USD$ 530.00 per person (USD$ 500.00 + 6% PAY PAL FEE) (or USD$ 600.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge and the confirmation from Pay Pal needs to be emailed to [email protected] and [email protected] or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel
- Or if you have an Australian bank account there are no extra fees for 2014 to transfer to our Australian Bank account. Please email [email protected] or skype sas.travel to receive the Westpac bank details. This can only be for a domestic bank transfer within Australia. If done internationally a fee of $40 will be charged.
- As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 12 working hours. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 18 hours please send an email to: [email protected] or feel free to Skype: sas.travel or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE 4 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
- ( Private Service )
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is not included in the trek. Due to limited availabilty, (only 400 people per day), we recommend you reserve and pay immediately. If this what you are interested in doing, please let us know as soon as possible make the payment (US$70.00 per adult / US$ 40.00 per student who send an ISIC student card at the time of payment) and please send us a copy of your payment and request to [email protected]. This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 10:30 after your guided tour of Machupicchu.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekkking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Unless you hire an extra shared porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and a mattress (about 3.8 Kg), personal items, clothing and water for the day to drink, if you want an extra shared porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well or send us an email immediately. ([email protected])
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of (US$ 500.00) non refundable Booking fee.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 65.00 pp or with a Vistadome upgrade US $77.00 pp. Simple Accommodation in Aguas Calientes is provided.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machupicchu admission in other tour such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machupicchu, if the entrance dates match, etc .
- 10.- The Inca Trail Classic 4D/3N package includes: Train transport return to Cusco depends on train company availability. The train company only confirm the train schedule option to trekking agencies a few days before a trek for one way tickets from Aguas Calientes in high season dates. The train schedule offered could be anywhere between 4pm and 9pm and usually requires a private bus connection from Ollantaytambo to Cusco provided by SAS Travel. Our preference would be a train departure between 16:30 pm – 5:30 pm but needs to have enough seats available to accommodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter.
- 11.- Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of US$ 10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 12.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 13.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 14.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 15.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 Day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 16.- Travel Insurance.- We srrongly recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- I have read and accept the conditions.