US$ 310.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Student rate with ISIC student card USD $ 290.00 per person. (Accommodation not necessary in this tour)
Is it for me?
If your time is limited and you don`t want to miss out this unique wonder in South America Machupicchu this is a great option too, with an early train departing from Cusco and the chance to take the train back around 17:27 or 19:00 so you have more time at Machupicchu.
Easy. If you are staying in Ollantaytambo rather than in Cusco see additional options section
Complete information will be provided at the time of booking the tour.
Bus, Train and walk.
We highly recommend Boutique Hotel Marqueses in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
You are here:
MachuPicchu by Train Tours > Machupicchu with EXPEDITION train Guided Tour 1 Day.
Machupicchu with EXPEDITION train Guided Tour 1 Day.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! but train tickets and entrances are limited,in high season May to Oct) so don´t delay in booking and paying your deposit so we can ensure the preferred train ticket options.
- HOW TO BOOK AND CONFIRM.- See Booking Information below
SPECIAL booking this tour: 4 Nights for the price of 3 at MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through our website, you must indicate you have a tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accommodation dates from JAN 1st 2014 to APRIL 15th 2014). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms, please contact Mariella at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 hours Tourist Expedition train ride approx into this spectacular land of the Incas, amazing views of valleys, Inca farming terraces, snow capped mountains, and sub-tropical jungle near the low Jungle. Aguas Calientes is set in 2,000 mts, then a shuttle bus will transport you to the top 2,400 mts back into the fantastic history to this magic place, sacred and mysterious town without name known as Machu-Picchu. “ The Old Sacred Mountain ” And your expert tour guide will guide you and help you to understand better this magical 7th wonder place.
If you have time it is much nicer to do a 2 Day 1 Night tour called the 2 Day Sunrise/Classic Machupicchu or The Sacred Valley & Machu-picchu Tour.
What is Included:
- Early transfer at 06:30/ 06:45 am from your hotels to Poroy or Ollanta train station.
- Expedition train ticket from Poroy or Ollanta to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train ticket return to Cusco or Ollanta and Private bus to Cusco.
- Tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu picchu ( 25-30 minutes ).
- Admission entrance ticket for Machu-picchu sanctuary.
- Guided tour in English (2 hours approximately) (2 hrs free time to explore in your own).
- Tourist bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer from station to your hotel.
What is not Included:
- Buffet lunch available US$ 10 per person in Hostel Viajeros –Aguas Calientes.
- Sanctuary Hotel restaurant US$40 for a lunch, even snacks are expensive.
- or bring a snacks and drinks with you.
We recommend that you bring
- You only need to carry a small day pack, with water to drink, camera and rain jacket or poncho / or change of weather gear, basic toiletries, hat for the sun , sunscream, insect repelent for mosquitoes and comfortable shoes or runners, some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs.
- You must take your ISIC student card with you if applicable for the student discount.
- If you have time it is much nicer to do a 2 Day 1 Night tour called the 2 Day Sunrise/Classic Machupicchu or The Sacred Valley & Machu-picchu Tour.
- Remember that a one day option spends at least 9 hours travelling so makes for a very long day.
- We can also arrange an accommodation in Aguas Calientes and organize your train return on the second day,so you have a full day to enjoy at Machupicchu citadel.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- Please be ready for your transfer from your hotel 45 mins before the train departure so as not to delay the transfer of other passengers.
- Remember you must take your bus down 1 hour before the departure time of your train.
- PeruRail train Company remind to bring only a small day-pack ( 5-6 kls weight packs)
- Please bring your original passport.
- You can get a free classic stamp in Machupicchu if you want !!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select your Tour: Machupicchu with EXPEDITION train 1 Day Guided Tour . (Daily Departures) and please fill it out with your details, fill out details of your group in Traveling with: First Name and Surname, Passport Number, Age, Nationality, contact email/skype address or phone. (Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months before you enter Peru). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a RESERVATION CODE (eg: 120611001) to pay on Step 3. If you do not want to climb Huayna Picchu indicate No in this section. Then you must pay your booking deposit as until we receive a payment your reservation is not confirmed. It is only so we can find the full reservation details at the exact time of payment. The last spaces in the group will be guaranteed in order of payments received so it is best to pay for all people in your group together with 1 reservation code, so that we can guarantee your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour together in the same group. Please also ensure you send scan of ISIC card if applicable at this time. Book here on Step 2 (To Register): http://sastravel.online-systems.co/registration.php
- HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.- If you are needing to pay urgently you can pay online on Step 3 or skype us: sas.travel.info or sas.travel with your credit card details for immediate payment and confirmation. Otherwise choose the option below that suits you best:
- 1.- PAY A DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: Transfer US$ 200.00 per person. (Choose: Cash at an Agent location). Western Union is the cheapest way to send money (up to USD$ 999.00 per transaction) if you are from the US. I understand you can do this via Western Union online service for only about $6 fee when it is indicated as a non immediate pickup and using a checking account. You make the payment to Juan Carlos VALER SANGA .(Peru) Upon transferring the money email us the MTCN reference number, your reservation code and amount paid to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com to confirm your deposit.
- 2.- ONLINE PAYMENT with VISA and MASTER CARD.- USD$ 210.00 per person ($200.00+5% card charge). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. (Visa card holder must be affiliated to Verified by Visa).
- 3.- ONLINE PAYMENT with PAY PAL .- USD$ 212.0 per person ($200.00+6% PAYPAL FEE) Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge. PayPal confirmation needs to be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel.info or sas.travel
- As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 24 working hours. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 24 hours please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Feel free to Skype: sas.travel.info or sas.travel
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Paypal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose. You then can enter the same
- ONLINE SYSTEM: http://sastravel.online-systems.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or you can pay 5-3 days before the day of your tour is our office in Cusco in USD$ cash. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS OF MACHUPICCHU WITH EXPEDITION TRAIN 1 DAY GUIDED TOUR
- 1. FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- We strongly suggest you arrive to Cusco at least 2 days before the departure of this tour.
- Please let us know your hotel contact details once you have confirmed this or if you need assistance in booking a hotel in Cusco let us know.
- 5.- Depending on train ticket availlabilty the return to Cusco may be via the Poroy station or Ollantaytambo Station, both with bus transport through to Cusco.
- 6.- You must carry a clear copy of your passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the tour. You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- Cancelation of tour before bookings and train tickets finalised incurrs no fee in high season this is generally before 2 months in advance of departure.
- Cancelation of tour within 2 months and 1 month before departure incurs a loss of 15% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 1 month and 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 14days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 100% of total tour cost,
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9.- Travel insurance is strongly recommended..SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 10.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.