US$ 310.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Student rate with ISIC student card USD $ 310.00 per person. (Accommodation not necessary in this tour)
Is it for me?
If your time is limited and you don`t want to miss out this unique wonder in South America Machupicchu this is a great option too, with an early train departing from Cusco and the chance to take the train back around 17:27 or 19:00 so you have more time at Machupicchu.
Easy. If you are staying in Ollantaytambo rather than in Cusco see additional options section
Complete information will be provided at the time of booking the tour.
Bus, Train and walk.
We highly recommend Boutique Hotel Marqueses in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
You are here:
MachuPicchu by Train Tours > Machupicchu with EXPEDITION train Guided Tour 1 Day.
Machupicchu with EXPEDITION train Guided Tour 1 Day.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! The permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.... You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-4 months in advance.) Low season (November to April, 3-2 months in advance.)
- FAST COUPLES or GROUPS BOOKING: Choose on the Calendar the date of your preference, fill out with your personal details, then below fill out details of your group in Traveling with: once you have finalized you will receive an email with a Reservation Code (Purchase number) to pay a booking deposit with. (If you would like to pay your booking deposit individually, then you must book each of you separatelly.)
- HOW TO BOOK AND CONFIRM.- Choose your preferred date on the Calendar (Leaving Dates) fill out with all the requested details, you can book for 2 or more person just complete details on traveling with: soon you will receive a reservation code (Purchase Number) and you can pay a booking deposit of US$ 200.00 per person through Western Union to Mr: Irwin POMA FLORES (Peru) or Pay a booking deposit ONLINE on Step 3: TO PAY with Master Card or Visa card US$ 210.00 per person. OR pay with Paypal USD$ 210.00 plus 6%.(USD$ 212.00 pp)
- Final Balance of your tour must be paid at your arrival to Cusco.
SPECIAL booking this tour: 4 Nights for the price of 3 at MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through our website, you must indicate you have a tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accommodation dates from JAN 1st 2014 to APRIL 15th 2014). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms, please contact Mariella at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 hours Tourist Expedition train ride approx into this spectacular land of the Incas, amazing views of valleys, Inca farming terraces, snow capped mountains, and sub-tropical jungle near the low Jungle. Aguas Calientes is set in 2,000 mts, then a shuttle bus will transport you to the top 2,400 mts back into the fantastic history to this magic place, sacred and mysterious town without name known as Machu-Picchu. “ The Old Sacred Mountain ” And your expert tour guide will guide you and help you to understand better this magical 7th wonder place.
If you have time it is much nicer to do a 2 Day 1 Night tour called the 2 Day Sunrise/Classic Machupicchu or The Sacred Valley & Machu-picchu Tour.
What is Included:
- Early transfer at 06:30/ 06:45 am from your hotels to Poroy or Ollanta train station.
- Expedition train ticket from Poroy or Ollanta to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train ticket return to Cusco or Ollanta and Private bus to Cusco.
- Tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu picchu ( 25-30 minutes ).
- Admission entrance ticket for Machu-picchu sanctuary.
- Guided tour in English (2 hours approximately) (2 hrs free time to explore in your own).
- Tourist bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer from station to your hotel.
What is not Included:
- Buffet lunch available US$ 10 per person in Hotel Viajeros –Aguas Calientes.
- Sanctuary Hotel restaurant US$40 for a lunch, even snacks are expensive.
- or bring a snacks and drinks with you.
We recommend that you bring
- You only need to carry a small day pack, with water to drink, camera and rain jacket or poncho / or change of weather gear, basic toiletries, hat for the sun , sunscream, insect repelent for mosquitoes and comfortable shoes or runners, some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs.
- You must take your ISIC student card with you if applicable for the student discount.
- If you have time it is much nicer to do a 2 Day 1 Night tour called the 2 Day Classic Machupicchu or The Sacred Valley & Machupicchu Tour.
- PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDE: Tourist Buses and De Luxe Expedition train tickets, accommodation, excursions with English speaking guides, 24 hours emergency assistance to ensure you have a peace of mind and safe vacation and all in and out transfers to airports, train station or bus terminals. This means when you get off a bus, plane, or train, you will be met by one of our SAS Travel english speaking representatives, who will drive you to your hotel or to your next tour. ( Breakfast in all your Hotels, Meals are included when are indicated)
- PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE: International air fares to Peru, meals other than those specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, and tips. Entrance fees in Cusco to the archaeological sites in the tours (165 Soles or US$ 65) to pay directly to controlers.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- Please be ready for your transfer from your hotel 45 mins before the train departure so as not to delay the transfer of other passengers.
- Remember you must take your bus down 1 hour before the departure time of your train.
- PeruRail train Company remind to bring only a small day-pack ( 5-6 kls weight packs)
- Please bring your original passport.
- You can get a free classic stamp in Machupicchu if you want !!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for booking with SAS Travel.
- CLICK: (AVAILABILITY AND BOOKINGS) See DAILY DEPARTURES.
- Choose the tour and departure date required, fill out your personal details on Step 2, then below fill out the details of your group in Traveling with: (Make sure your passports have 6 months validation on them before you enter to Peru). Once you have finalized your booking, you will receive a reservation code (purchase number) to be able to pay ONLINE with. (eg: 240611001). If you are booking for 2 or more people, you can pay with just one code for one transaction.Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card deposit as this is a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation.
- HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.- (USD$ 200.00 per person is required.)
- PAY A DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION.- Transfer USDS$ 200.00 p/person in order to Mr: Irwin POMA-FLORES (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the (MTCN) Money Transfer Control Number, your reservation code and the amount paid to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTERCARD or VISA.- US$ 210.00 per person (US$ 200.00 + 5% card service fee). Payments by credit/debit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa) when your payment became Non Authenticated, Denied or failed, PLEASE contact us urgently by Skype sas.travel.info or sas.travel or phone us: 051 84 256324 - 261920 (Irwin or David). If you don`t receive a confirmation within 24 hours please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- FINAL PAYMENT.- The remaining balance needs to be paid (7 Days before the date of your tour) Transfer your balance with: Western Union in US$ Dollars to: Irwin POMA-FLORES. (Peru) email us the (MTCN), your reservation code and the amount paid to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 2 weeks prior your tour and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us two weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting, any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- FINAL PAYMENTS WITH CREDIT / DEBIT CARDS.- in our Office is with 8% card fee. (The remaining balance needs to be paid 5 Days before your tour)..
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS OF MACHUPICCHU WITH EXPEDITION TRAIN 1 DAY GUIDED TOUR
- 1. We strongly suggest you arrive to Cusco at least 2 days before the departure of this tour.
- Please let us know your hotel contact details once you have confirmed this or if you need assistance in booking a hotel in Cusco let us know.
- 2.You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, at least 2 days before your departure.
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 2.90 Soles for US$1). or Travelers' cheques with 3% only at our Office.
- ■Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 2 weeks prior to the Inca Trail and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- ■If you prefer not to use the online system you can skype sas.travel and we can do a manual payment for you quickly and easily. Or you can use Western Union.
- ■4. If paying in cash. you must pay for your tour in the office in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Please ensure that the US $ notes are in good condition without small tears!
- ■We accept US$ Dollars cash or Peruvian Soles at our office in Cusco when paying the final balance. Our rate exchange is S/ 2.90 Soles for US$1 or cash US$. (You can withdraw Soles or US$ from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards).
- ■If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged in US$ to your credit card plus the 8% commission.
- 3. The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4. You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC student card (if applicable) on the tour.
- 5. Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 6.-If you are wanting to include an ascent of Huayna Picchu in your visit to Machu Picchu beware that there are new regulations and permits have to be bought in advance. The cost to have a Machu Picchu entrance that includes the permits to climb Huayna Picchu is US$10 extra and you need to indicate this in your web reservation at the time of booking.
- ■There is a limit of only 400 permits for climbing Huayna Picchu and only 200 people are permitted to enter for each of the 2 sessions scheduled for 7am and 10 am. The guide will organise the tour of Machu Picchu around peoples climb of Huayna Picchu depending on how many in the group have permits. Please note your entrance to Machu Picchu and permit for Huayna Picchu are with your name and passport details so are non transferable and non refundable.
- ■Last minute bookings of this trek will possibly miss out on Huayna Picchu permits in high season so please book and pay in advance.
- 7. For the return time journey from Aguas Calientes to Poroy, we always try to get the 15:20 pm depart Aguas Calientes – 18:50 to Poroy Train Station and we provide the 25 minutes transfer on to Cusco from here for you.
- ■At times the only option available is the 5.27pm Vistadome train so we block it and keep trying for the 3.20pm but if you would prefer the later vistadome at 5.27pm to give you more time just let us know.
- 8. When paying the balance in Cusco, there will be a * 3% comission if you choose to use travellers cheques and a 5% comission for use of credit card.
- 9 - CANCELLATIONS
- ■9a Cancelation of tour within 3 months and 2 months before departure incurs a loss of 10% of total tour cost,
- ■9b Cancelation of tour within 2 month and 1 month before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- ■9c Cancelation of tour within 1 month to 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 50% of total tour cost,
- ■9d Cancelation of tour within 14 days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- ■9e Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost,
- ■We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 10. SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 11. SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.