Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
You are here:
> Hotel Marqueses Cusco
Hotel Marqueses Cusco
Last Minute Information
- MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel.
- This 3 stars Hotel is great value in a prime safe location, only 1 block from the main plaza of Cusco with a lovely colonial courtyard and refurbished comfortable and warm rooms. It has an amazing history going back 400 years which is great for classic photos! All rooms are equipped with heating, security boxes, cable T.V and private bathrooms. The hotel provides 3 types of room styles to meet different personal requirements,desires and budgets while the charm of the Colonial style general areas can be shared by all.Suites,Deluxe and Standard rooms have private bathrooms with 24 hour hot water.
- Suites and Deluxe rooms have a Queen size bed or 2 Full size beds, Heat, Safety box, Desk or breakfast table, Coffee kit, LCD TV, Hair dryer, Mini Bar, Shower and Bath tube and rooms are very spacious with much more natural lighting and character,comfortable furniture, they are located in the front courtyard area. For those celebrating special occasions,(maybe a Honeymoon) reserve The Suite valued at $160.00 for 2 persons … tastefully furnished spacious rooms! The professional and helfull staff guarantee you a wonderful, memorable,safe and unforgettable visit to Cusco.
- Includes free shuttle transfer to and from the airport. Buffet breakfast and access to an english speaking staff 24/7 Located just near the highly recommended SAS Travel specialist tour company in Treks, Jungle Trips to Manu Park and Machupicchu Tours by Train. Addicional cost for: Laundry service, Massages,Bar and Restaurant.
- Please note all rooms in the hotel are considered a smoke free zone. The open Colonial courtyard is the only area which is permitted for smoking to protect the art and historical items of the building. Please feel free to use the book exchange in the second patio.
- HOSPITALITY, WARM AND FRIENDLY.-
- It is known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service, most of the staff speak english and other languages. From the free shuttle transfers from the airport on your arrival to your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of our staff.
- THE BEST LOCATION ON TOWN.- You will not need to be worried of what Taxi car to take.. if it is a safe taxi, official or not, or climbing hills on dark narrow streets before you reach to your place... all our guests can walk and reach our hotel easily in few minutes walking at the centre area of Cusco. Located in the nicest, safe and more interesting neighborhood. Only 4 Kilometer from Cusco´s International Jorge Chavez Airport, 10 minutes driving in our private transport. This central location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in this the famous capital of The Inca Empire. Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
- From the Balcony windows of Calle Garcilaso, you can see The Main Cathedral in the Plaza de Armas of Cusco. Located just one block from the Plaza de Armas (the Main Square of the City of Cusco, Peru). near to museums, Plazas and well known Restaurants. This colonial house (at this time national monument) was built at the end of XVI century that was restored and refurbished recently with comfort and modernity.
- BUFFET BREAKFAST (All accommodations include).
- WELCOME Coca leaf Tea, cold water and hot drinks available.24/7
- FREE Shuttle transfer from Cusco Airport on your arrival to Cusco City.
- FREE Oxigen service at the Hotel for emergencies and Medical Assistance 24/7 with specialists in ATM Altitude sickness.
- FREE WI-FI and internet in our Lobby,
- Tourism Assistance with SAS Travel.
- Taxes are included in Price. (18% Taxes for Peruvians)
- Standard Single Room US$ 70.00
- Standard Double or Matrimonial US$ 90.00
- De -Luxe Single US$ 90.00
- De -Luxe Double or Matrimonial US$ 120.00
- De -Luxe Triple US$ 140.00
- Marqueses Suite Twin or Matrimonial US$ 160.00
- MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel Project.
- Moral and material Support for Street Children.
- Poverty is one of the main causes of mental health problems in our country. Poverty drags many children from their homes and into the street, looking for a means of survival for themselves and assistance for their families. It’s in this context that the street has become a workplace for many children. The majority shine shoes, others sell postcards and a few, handicrafts. These children are exposed to all the dangers of the streets. They interact with glue sniffing addicts , juvenile delinquents and undesirable people. Many of them end up abandoning their schooling, and then their families.
- GENERAL OBJECTIVE.-
- Co-construct a meeting place for working children with the aim of providing support and encouragement to remain in schooling and with their families.
- PLAN OF ACTION.-
- FIRST STAGE: Approach.-
- We began our work in the street, approaching children and initiating informally conversations with individuals and groups, with the aim of learning about them, their needs and expectations. The aim of this stage was to create bonds of friendship and trust.
- SECOND STAGE: Sharing.-
- This stage began with our weekly meetings, at first very informal and simply consisting of having breakfast together, watching television and later, creating a space for conversation. These conversations helped us plan what we wanted to do together: football fever naturally led us to form a soccer team, and the adventure began with the purchase of a ball. From that moment on HOTEL MARQUESES became a point of reference for the children, and the Saturday meetings became something to look forward to. Our times together begin with a shared breakfast, move on to the park for football and other games, and end up at the swimming pool.
- Sometimes when it rains on other days of the week, the children come to the hotel looking for somewhere to shelter from the rain. They always find a hot coffee and sometimes, an enjoyable conversation.
- We think this stage will end with the celebration of Christmas. This Saturday, December 10, we’ll participate in the Chirstmas celebrations of the special (intellectually handicapped) children of the San Martín de Porras Centre in Anta. Through their own initiative, each child will give 2 soles to buy biscuits and sweets – sharing the little that they have. We are currently making ready for the Christmas celebration of the Working Children, where we’ll share a lunch and presents with other child workers. (Last year 60 children attended
- this time we’re expecting 70).
- THIRD STAGE:
- Vacation opportunities for Skill Development
- The aim is to develop skills and promote development of creativity, but also provide academic reinforcement.
- FOURTH STAGE: Formation of small-businesses.
- The objective is for children participating in our project to form small-businesses, giving them an opportunity to get off the street, have an income, remain in education and improve their living conditions.
- We’re currently working with some families who offer laundry service at the hotel. The idea is to form a small laundry business, which to start with can offer its services to Hotel Marqueses, but later to other hotels too…….it’s still a dream, but all great works start with a dream….
- Dr José Carlos Quintana M.
- General Manager
- The kids were so fortunate to have a fantastic group of Canadians who trekked the Inca trail with us stay in Hotel Marqueses and observe the Saturday morning breakfast. On their return to Canada they decided to hold a fund raiser to make a Special Christmas for the Kids. They raised $1500 !! Not only did they give the kids their Best Christmas ever … They have made the dreams of the Project a Reality. Gracias, Thankyou so very much to John, Barbara, Jay, Gael And all of the people below!
- MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel
- Address: Calle Garcilaso N° 256 Cusco Peru.
- Phone: (+51 84) 264249 Fax: (+51 84) 257819
- E-mail: [email protected] http://www.hotelmarqueses.com
FREE Upgrades to DELUXE or SUITES rooms for SAS Travel clients booking a standard room.
You can reserve directly sending an email to: [email protected]
or by clicking on this link http://www.hotelmarqueses.com
Friend Guests: Make A wish, Travelling with Kids, ANIQUEM, Miami University US. Discover Adventure UK, Far Frontier UK,