US$ 660.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
US$ 640.00 with ISIC student card or childs.
PRIVATE TOUR UPON YOUR REQUEST:
2-3 person group US$ 990 each
4-5 person group US$ 840 each
7-8 person group US$ 640 each
We can open a new "FIXED DEPARTURES" open group if reservations are made well in advance but these above are already confirmed with a minimum of 4-5 person.
SOME MORE EXTRA HIKING AROUND CUSCO If you would like to do the Lares trek but have already done Inca trail or Salkantay and so do not want to visit Machu Picchu again the Lares trek can easily be done in 3 Days ending in Lares hot springs and returning to Cusco mid afternoon for US$ 395.00 per person.
This trek takes us into the Lares region of the Peruvian Andes, passing green valleys, tranquil mountain lakes and high passes, with breathtaking views of snow-capped Andean peaks rising to just under 6,000 meters. Our route takes us through many small village communities that offer a rare & fascinating insight into traditional Andean life. Finally we make our way by train to Aguas Calientes and continue on to Machu-Picchu, the legendary Lost City of the Incas. We have plenty of time to explore this renowned and fascinating site, climb to Huayna Picchuand walk to Sun-Gate as well if you like.
Depart from: Cusco
Duration: 4 Day/3 Night
Highlights: no crowded campsites or trails, walking with the local andean people, Ollantaytambo, Sacred Valley and Machupicchu !
Is it for me?
If you are interested in trek the Inca Trail and permits are totally sold out This may at first seem totally devastating but there are some great Alternative treks to Machu Picchu such as this which do not require the same permits and so are available. This is not just a perfect alternative if you miss out on Inca trail permits but many people choose this trek instead of Inca trail for its cultural aspect of visiting remote andean villages on and off the beaten track style trek. Where the inca trail has become a bit too popular Lares still has moments when you are the only people to be gazing over the stunning emerald lake from a high mountain pass! There will most probably be some alpacas accompanying you. There are less Inca arquelogical sites along the trail itself until you get to Machu Pîcchu but if you like awesome scenery and alpacas then this is for you!
Also this is a great trek if you have already visited Machu Picchu and just want to do another high altitude 3 day trek as you can return to Cusco from Yanahuarra instead of going on to Machu Picchu and this cuts the cost of course as well!
HUAYNA PICCHU MOUNTAIN WALK.- We include this walk up the mountain Huaynapicchu after your trek, if you book before permits run out. It takes 2 hours and you can start after your guided tour in Machupicchu.
BOOK EARLY ... to avoid disappointment
Remember there are a limited number of spaces available for MachuPicchu and Huaynapicchu mountain for each day so call us now with your questions or book online to reserve your spot !
HOW COMPARE TREKS TO MACHU PICCHU.
4 Day Inca Trail:Challenging
5 Day Salkantay Trek:Challenging
4 Day Lares trek: Moderate.
5 Day Choquequirao :Challenging
3 Day Huchuy trek: Moderate.
2 Day Short Inca Trail: Easy
Distance: 34 Km/ 21 Miles
When to go: Best from April to October
Altitude:2750m/8883ft to 4780m/15134ft
Difficulty: especially in the second day of the trek (arriving to the 4780 mtrs pass on day 2,) you will most likely feel difficulty breathing in altitude, will have to stop frequently to regain your breath and will find you have very little energy and will need to walk far slower than usual. It is very common to feel extremely short of breath while ascending and this is always a shock at the end of the first day and arriving to the pass on the second day as it is a steady continuous climb to the pass. This is to be expected and every one finds this very difficult so state of mind is very important at this point..but well rewarded once you reach the top of the pass!
..we walk in the footsteps of the local people, farmers, arieros and their mules along rocky trails. My feet still hurt!
Briefing 7pm night before your trek departure at our SAS office.
Tourist bus and Train
We highly recommend Marqueses Boutique Hotel in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
You are here:
Trekkings to MachuPicchu (ALTERNATIVE TREKS) > Lares Valley Trek, MachuPicchu & Huaynapicchu 4Day /3Night -Group Service. USD$ 660 pp
Lares Valley Trek, MachuPicchu & Huaynapicchu 4Day /3Night -Group Service. USD$ 660 pp
Last Minute Information
- OPEN GROUPS.- Permits for this amazing trek are AVAILABLE and there are free spaces in our groups on dates listed below:** (Include Huayna Picchu Mt walk for early bookings... otherwise Machu Picchu Montana walk instead). So book online as earlier as possible !!
- AVAILABLE SMALL GROUP DEPARTURES -OPEN GROUP:
- SEPTEMBER on : 1, 7, 14, 21, 28,30 - AVAILABLE
- OCTOBER on : 1, 7, 14, 21, 28,30 - AVAILABLE
- NOVEMBER on : 1, 7, 14, 21, 28,30 - AVAILABLE
- DECEMBER on : 1, 7, 14, 21, 28,30 - AVAILABLE
- If you´re a group of 5 people or more and your interested leaving date is (NOT listed in our group service) we can open a NEW date group departure and build up a small group for you, please contact: [email protected] There is also the option to book this tour in a private service starting in your preferred date.
- ENJOY THE WALKING TO HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This additional Ticket is included in this tour and takes 2 hours in and back (400 meters up). Around 200 tourists a day are able to begin the walk to Huayna Picchu mountain at 11am. When permits for Huayna Picchu mt have already run out then we can offer permits for Montana Machu Picchu walk which takes 4 hours in and back... so book online and pay a deposit well in advance.
- HOW TO BOOK Once you have checked our group departures on the Availabilty page. Choose your interested / preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) on the Calendar (left side). Fill in your details and group as is requested in the format. Pay a booking deposit ONLINE of $210 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or Paypal with your reservation code. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
- We offer Daily departures for Private treks if you want to hike with your own group, book on the calender and get a reservation code.
- SPECIAL: 8 Day / 7 Night Lares Valley trek to Machupicchu, Cusco, Sacred Valley and Hotel Marqueses Package. Cusco, Sacred Valley, Lares Valley hike with 8 Kg porterage service. Find more information here: Lares 8 Day Package USD$ 795.00 per person (Based in Double accommodation). Free up-grade to Deluxe or Suite room).
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 10% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. OR a FREE Sacred Valley tour to see Pisac, Yucay, Urubamba, Ollantatambo and Chincheros. (70 Soles Entrance fee to the ruins and lunch are not included.) Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. To reserve please contact Miguel at: [email protected] but you must also indicate your tour reservation code with SAS Travel
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
LARES VALLEY TREK & MACHU-PICCHU 4DAYS /3NIGHTS
Our Lares trail the nicest and the challenging trek -the one not crowded yet, start near Urubamba on the Sacred Valley of the Inkas (Pumahuanca valley, Puma Pass, Cuncani, Lares hot spring.) takes you into the Lares region of the Peruvian Andes, passing throught small villages that offer a rare and fascinating insight into traditional Andean life, beautiful green valleys, lakes and high passes, turquoise color lagoons, an ancient inka trail, colorful dressed local people and impressive flocks of llamas and alpacas, with breathtaking views of snow-capped Andean peaks rising to just under 6,000 meters, see the ancestral farm customs, andean traditions and amazing textiles. Finally afternoon on Day 3 we make our way by train to Aguas Calientes town and continue on to Machu-Picchu, the legendary Lost City of the Incas. We have plenty of time to explore this well known and fascinating wonder, climb to Huayna Picchu, walk to Sun-Gate etc. Lunch in Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco.
What is Included:
- Collection from your hotel from 05:30 to 05:45 am or meet at Hotel Marqueses.
- Private SAS Travel bus to Pumahuanca-Urubamba (starting of our trek.)
- 2 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress.
- English speaking experienced professional mountain guide.
- (6-8 ppl with1 guide) 2 Guides for a group of 9-17 participants.
- 6 kilos porterage service for your personal items eg: extra clothes, sleeping bag, toiletteries to be carried by mules, A duffle bag is lend for each passenger. (so you just need to carry your small daypack with bottle of water and everything you will need during the day). A duffle bag is lent to you.
- Full board meals 4 Breakfast, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners. (Buffet Style Peruvian Gourmet Cuisine).(Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- Dining tent and cooking tents with tables and chairs.
- Experienced Chef, assistants and cooking equipment and kitchen tent.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Mules to carry tents, mattress, food, cooking equipment.
- Hot water for washing purposes.
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles each morning.
- Vistadome train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes (Private rooms) Double Accommodation. Dinner.
- Early on Day 4th Bus ticket to Machuppicchu from Aguas Calientes.
- PeruRail 1st Class train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or (train to Ollanta and private transport to Cusco).
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex.
- Complete guided tour in Machu Picchu, time to explore on your own,
- Ticket to Huaynapicchu mountain (walk to the top without a guide, trail is well marked) If Huaynapicchu tickets are sold out we offer Machupicchu montaña walk instead.
- Free storage in Cusco for your belongings at Hotel Marqueses near SAS Travel office.
What is not Included:
- - Water to drink on Day 1
- - Sleeping Bags USD$ 25.00
- - Bus Ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on Day 4th after the visit to Machupicchu US$ 12 pp. or (45 minutes walk to town to Hostel Viajeros or Train Station).
- - Dinner on Day 4th
- - Tips for your crew: Cooks, horse herders, guides are at your discretion... well appreciated.
- OPTIONALS ITEMS FOR YOUR COMFORTABLE TREK:
- Extra 3-4 Kg porter service $30.00
- Single tent for trail extra $35
- Single room in Aguas Calientes extra $ 20
- 45 Lts Backpack $ 20
- A pair of trekking poles $ 20
- Inflatable Thermal rest matress $25
- UP-GRADING your train return to Cusco with VISTADOME train.- To Up-grade (with Vistadome Deluxe train service) it is extra of US$ 60.00 p/person. (or if you are are a party of 4 then cost is $50 per person for the train return plus transport to Cusco.) at 15:37 pm depart from Aguas Calientes -Arrives at 19:05 to Poroy Train Station and transfer from here to Cusco City. Arriving approximately 19.45pm If you want an upgrade train then you need to contact us directly on: [email protected] for this to be done and confirmed to you.
- RECOMMENDATIONS: (All our trekkers stay at Hostel Viajeros as part of the tour). Please Note that Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of your trek to Machu Picchu or any special date then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades options below:
- UP-GRADING HOTELS in Aguas Calientes. (Based on double occupancy).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -Inkaterra US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Inkaterra US$ 260.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- Belmond Machupicchu Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- Please note if you are travelling alone, by yourself the Up-Grading cost is more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or one person.
We recommend that you bring:
- Backpack or a daypack to carry water to drink and personal items.
- A warm and good Sleeping Bag (Minus 8ºC) : (Can be rented at SAS office)
- Hiking boots (sneakers or running shoes are not recommended)
- Trekking poles
- Warm clothes layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Flashlight with extra batteries necessary
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries / Charger
- Sun Protection : Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Thermals, Wool Socks & Woolen Hat for cold nights
- Gloves, Scarf
- Insect Repellant for Valleys and Machupicchu
- Rain Poncho / Good rain jacket
- Toiletries, Toilet paper, small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Trekking pants or similar
- Water bottle, Water purification tablets.
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card is applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips to your staff
- OPTIONAL : Little presents for kids of Communities along the trail such as school supplies, second hand clothes, toys, etc.
- HINTS FOR A FANTASTIC HIKE.-
- ALTITUDE SICKNESS.-
- - It is possible you will feel the effects of altitude on arriving in Cusco, (3,400m/ 11,152ft)) especially if you fly from sea level, eg LIMA.
- - It is best to wait at least two days before setting out on the trail, don¨t drink alcohol, smoke or take sedatives.
- - Drink lots of water and coca tea. Drink at least two litres per day, especially on the second day pass.
- - In high altitude you breath rapidly and shallow causing you to
- dehydrate more quickly.
- - Drink extra water or coca tea to avoid this as coffee also tends to
- cause dehydration.
- - Always purify water you take from the trail waterfalls and streams.
- - We provide drinkable boiled water at the campsites and refill your bottles
- - You can purchase purification tablets (eg Micropur) from any pharmacy.
- - You must leave micropur tablets in the water for at least 90 mins
- before drinking. Iodine only 20 mins.
- - If you have any medical conditions, allergies or special food requirements etc. Please write this clearly in the registration book.
- WATER.-We suggest you take a 1.5 or 2. litres bottle of water on the first day and then you can refill this on the trek. We boil water each night which is available after breakfast each morning for your water bottles. We still suggest you take water purification tablets or filters for any unboiled water you take directly from streams or Waterfalls etc. You can buy bottle water from the 3rd afternoon in Ollantaytambo and onwards.
- TEMPERATURES.- during the day...If you are walking in the sun it is very hot and feels like 26 degrees celcius, but when you walk through the forest or in the shadow of a mountain it can feel like 14 degrees almost immediately. At night it could get to -5 degrees celcius if you are really unlucky but more likely just freezing ! Main hint for dealing with the temperatures is to try and keep your body temp as regular as possible by using layering of clothes so when you feel cool put on an extra layer before you get cold and if you start to feel warm take off a layer before you perspire which will leave you with a chill later if you don´t take care..
- The weather from Dec through to early March is usually the wettest on the trail.
- Somedays it may be drizzly all day or you may have a burst of rain and clear skies for the rest of the day or it could be wet off and on all day. You need good rain gear for walking as well as something to protect your pack. We have dining tents for all meals so you are protected at this time.
- TIPPING for your STAFF.-
- As for all American countries, tipping is normal and it is apart of the experience. Generally groups prepare a collective tip at lunch on the last trekking day which is shared out between the cook,assistant, horsehelders,
- The recommended amount for this purpose is US$ 25 to US$30.
- If you have already been to Machu Picchu and you would just like to do another scenic hike in Peru then this is a great chance. You can do the Lare hike ending in the afternoon in Ollantaytambo for $360 as lonf as you are joining an already estabilished group date.. Ie this price is not including the trip to Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu. ends on afternoon of 3rd day
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 200 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 210 per person. (US$ 200+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 212 per person. (US$ 200+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- Pay a Booking Deposit with WESTERN UNION: US$ 200 per person through in order to Mr: Juan Carlos VALER SANGA (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: [email protected] and [email protected] OR
- 4. pay into our Australia Bank (ask for details via email).
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate as Lares trek goes to 4600 masl. (2,3 days acclimatization days previous this trek is highly recommended and also a good physical condition is strongly advised ).
- 2.- You must advise your guides if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- If you get vertigo we do not want to climb Huayna Picchu for any reason then indicate No in the reservation format and write this in the comments section. (Limited spaces so Book from 5-4 months in advance. If Huaynapicchu mountain passes are sold out, Montaña walk is an alternative.
- 4.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp). (Group Service with minimum of 6 Passengers).
- 5.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- We include in this trek a 6 kilos for porterage for your camp belongings (Mattress,sleeping bag and personal clothes, a duffle bag is provided) due to the strenous nature of the trek but if you will require more let us know. If you have no experience in high altitude trekking please hire more porterage. This is a serious requirement and 3 kilos more is only US$30 for the entire trek so well worth it.
- 7.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accommodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 8.- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- A.- Cancelation of the tour once you have paid a deposit and received a confirmation incurs in the loss of the booking deposit. (US$ 200.00) per person. Non-refundable booking deposit.
- B.- Cancelation of tour within 45 days to 31 days before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- C.- Cancelation of tour within 30 days to 8 days before departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- D.- Cancelation of tour within 7 days - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- E.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- 9.- However if you are unable to participate on this tour we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your train tickets and entrance, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes (Day 3 and 4, Train to Aguas Calientes, Night in a Hostal, bus to Machu Picchu, Guided tour, Lunch at Aguas Calientes and Train return to Cusco.
- 10.- Change of dates is only possible if the group is still left with more than a minimum and the train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance have not been finalised. US$ 25.00 is charged.
- Change of dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs a further fee as Peru rail also charges for changes of dates. This administration charge of US$20.00 per ticket in this case is incurred. At times a change of date may only be possible in an upgrade to a higher standard carriage and so the difference in price would need to be paid additionally.
- 11- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter and mule will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger. If you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund from the original payment, however we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 12- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- Lares trek is recommended in dry season (From April to November. Unexpected rain can cause snow falls causing difficult trekking conditions and possibly closure of the pass. In the case of snow falls SAS Travel cannot be held accountable for the need to take an alternative route. You would also need good quality trekking boots and equipment to protect you against snow related conditions, cold and glare. In extreme cases when “Lares trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 5 Day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 5 Day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 15.- We strongly recommended to organize a Travel Insurance. Eg: (Nomade Travel Insurance).