OUR CONFIRMED DEPARTURES: AVAILABILITY & BOKINGS
(Disponibilidad y Reservaciones)
US$ 670.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
From May 1st 2014
Adult price US$ 670.00 per person
Student price US$ 630.00 pp (with ISIC international student card)
Youth price US$ 615.00 pp (11-16 y/o)
Extra night in Aguas Calientes town after your trek
ADVANTAGES of this Tour: Allow you spend more extra time in Machupicchu after your guided tour and you can explore in your own other amazing areas at this unique sanctuary and return again to the temples or sectors for pictures or rituals.
Gives you the oportunity to climb Huaynapicchu mountain on Day 4th or the next day (Organize a Ticket in advance directly with the Park Office US$60 fee per person or let us know to purchase your ticket) or walk to the Inca Bridge trail still without any restrictions. Walk downhill for an hour to Aguas Calientes town.
Visit the renewed Julio C Tello- Museum and the Botanical & Orchids Garden near Puente Ruinas (old Machupicchu Train Station).
Relax in the Hot Springs open pools at late afternoon at town (10 soles) if you like or get to bed early after a big day. Dinner at Hostal Viajeros and accommodation in private rooms.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
Machu Picchu The Lost City of the Incas was elected in the 7 New Wonders of the World on July 2007.
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... ! The advantage of this option over the standard 4 day trek with return on the 4th afternoon is that you can spend the whole day in Machu Picchu and then soak in the hotsprings in the evening in Aguas Calientes rather than take a 4 hour journey back to Cusco this night!
Distance: 45 Km / 28 Miles
Duration: 4 Days +extra night in Aguas Calientes
When to go: The best time to visit is April through October, it’s the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the dry season.
Altitude: 2680m/8817ft to 4200m/13818ft
Difficulty: The trek is rated moderate, any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route (entire trek is practically 3 full days ( 6-8 hrs walk) on Day 4 only 2-3 hrs to reach MP).
Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC
Note that the Inca Trail is closed February.
The night before of your tour at 7:00 pm in our Office at Calle Garcialso 270 -Cusco.
Pre-departure 30-40 minutes briefing presented by your trek guides and opportunity to meet the other participants in your group.
Bus to Km 82/ 28miles / 45 Km walk to Machupicchu/ Bus to Aguas Calientes/ Train to Ollantaytambo
We highly recommend MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
You are here:
INCA TRAIL to MachuPicchu > Inca Trail 4Day/4Night with extra night in Aguas Calientes -Group Service
Inca Trail 4Day/4Night with extra night in Aguas Calientes -Group Service
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Inca Trail hike are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... you must book and pay a deposit well in advance... so we can secure your spots. For high season (May to October, 6-5 months in advance.) (Low season (November to April, 4-3 months in advance.) See on Step 1: AVAILABILITY Please skype sas.travel or sas.travel.info for assistance if you can´t understand the directions in the BOOKING INFORMATION at the end of this page.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- (trekkers who would like to walk Huaynapicchu Mountain after the guided tour at Machupicchu, must let us know asap and pay a fee... permits are also limited... admission is USD$ 70 per person so we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am. (for students with ISIC card USD$40 pp).
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from JAN 1st 2013 to APRIL 15th 2013). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash.www.hotelmarqueses.com
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel, Fully portered trek where your comfort and enjoyment are our prime responsibility, we make sure that you get the best experience of your holiday in Peru while you interact with locals, explore fantastic sites and re-discover remote ancient Inca towns and buildings, learning some Quechua words and learning Inkas history, inmerse you in a stunning landscape surroundings and simply feel the magic of mother nature (Pachamama) and the Andes, while we carry your gear, prepare your meals, set up your tents avoiding crowded campsites and take care of all your requirements and details.
SAS Travel is proud to consider itself different from other tour companies for three distinct reasons: all of our guides are bilingual and experienced, we travel in small groups which allow for more intimate experiences, and we have plenty of flexibility on the tour schedule which lets us be impromptu- spending more time in places we like and less in places we aren't interested in. Tours designed with passion and experience by experts... mountain guides...
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or from Sacred Valley.
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dinning and cooking tents,table,stools,cooking gear, stove, gas container,cutlery,plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent clean, new, spacious (4 person dome igloo tents).
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snacks at Machupicchu before your tour. (no extra cost).
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Buffet Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Double room with breakfast.
- Expedition train return to Ollanta at 08:50 am (Transport from Ollanta to Cusco extra 15 Soles)
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visit, explore and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.
- Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and Buffet lunch on day 4th (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel (We never put you with other tour operators).
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (4 season -Minus 8ºC)
- Personal porter for: (sleeping bag, foam pad mattress, clothing.)
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes. Optional (10 soles)
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters.
- Flight Ticket to Cusco. Accommodation in Cusco.
- Travel Insurance.-(check that your insurance covers you for trekking and consider joining a local emergency organisation.eg: World Nomade Insurance.)
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:
- Personal porter for 9 Kg US $75.00 SAS Travel provides a porter duffle bag.
- Down sleeping bag minus 8 ºC (US$ 25.00 for the entire trek)
- Inflatable Thermal-rest mattress US$25.00 for entire trek.
- Single tent US$ 70.00 (If you travel solo and is your choice.)
- Trekking poles US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek)
- Backpack (30 Liters) US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek )
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu Mt. USD$ 70.00, USD$ 40.00 with ISIC student card.
- Vistadome Train + car return to Cusco (Up-grade train return) extra USD$ 60.00 per person. (This service generally departs at 15:25 pm from Aguas Calientes Station and arrives at 18:40 pm to Poroy (Cusco) Train Station then a 30 minutes private vehicle to Cusco.)
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A Daypack (for your personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-350 extra soles
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- If you have a bit of extra time we recommend you choose the Inca Trail tour option:
- 1.- Inca Trail 4 Days/ 4Nights with overnigth at Aguas Calientes town -Group Service.- This is exactly the same 4 Day/3Night tour but the advantage is you can spend few more hours or the entire 4th day till 5pm in Machu Picchu site and not have to come down early for a 4 and a half hour train journey back to Cusco at the end of this long day .... Instead you can relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes town in the evening and the package includes your dinner on Day 4 and your breakfast on Day 5th plus a room with private bathroom for only US$ 30.00 extra per person, (organize a pack lunch with your guide). The train journey is incredible beautiful so you want to be able to appreciate this in day light hours, the train will depart Aguas Calientes just before 9:00 am and arrives to Ollantaytambo at 11.30 am then you can enjoy visiting this charming town before taking a bus to Cusco from here. (Transport to Cusco 10 Soles bus not included.)
- 2.- Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mt. and Aguas Calientes town 5 Days/ 4Nights.- We definitely believe that if you are doing the Inca Trail trek and also want to climb Huaynapicchu mountain then your best value for money if you have 5 Days is this option. This programe is for those people who want to do the Inca Trail trek, stay overnight in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs pools, second visit of Machupicchu and walk the Huayna Picchu mountain on day 5th. (The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca Trail permit to simply add the Huaynapicchu permit . They only sell the Huaynapicchu permit combined with a Machupicchu entrance fee so is costly.) To get the best value from this you should stay the night in Aguas Calientes and re-visit Machupicchu the next day with your walk up Huaynapicchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machupicchu. This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather ! So this package includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th Day and permit to walk Huaynapicchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 9:00 pm on your 5th Day. (Guide, Bus tickets on Day 5th and Lunch are not included).
- 3.-Inca Trail Classic 4 Day/3Night -Group Service plus Huaynapicchu mt. ticket permit for Day 4th.-If you only have 4 Days and want to walk Huaynapicchu mountain during your day and after your guided tour in Machupicchu, as if you want to ask our assistance in organizing the permit for Huaynapicchu included in your tour you will need to make the deposit for Inca Trail Classic 4Day/3Nigh + Huaynapicchu mountain ticket permit for Day 4 at 11:00 am as US$370.00 cash sending with Western Union or with credit/debit card plus 5% then $385.00 p/person and you must make this clear in writing so we include this ticket. (US$ 30.00 less if you have valid ISIC student card).
- What is Huaynapicchu mountain walk.-. Huaynapicchu is the steep mountain, towering above the north end Machupicchu, often the backdrop to many photos of the ruins. It looks a bit daunting from below, but while steep, it's not an unusually difficult ascent, and most reasonably fit persons shouldn't have a problem. Stone steps are laid along most of the path, and in the steeper sections steel cables provide a supporting handrail. That said, expect to be out of breath, and take care in the steeper portions, especially when wet, as it can become dangerous quickly. There's a tiny cave near the top that must be passed through, it is quite low and a rather tight squeeze. Take care at the peak, it can be somewhat precarious, and those afraid of heights may want to hang out just below. For most trekkers the wiews are awesome and inspiring. There's also a few ruins near the top. If visiting these ruins, you'll see a second way to start making your descent down the mountain, along some very steep and shallow steps.... these steps are a bit dangerous if wet, but the hike may be well worthwhile. This hike is one of your best bets for getting away from Machu Picchu crowds. Access to Huaynapicchu is limited to 400 visitors per day split In 2 sessions one at 7:00 am and the other at 11.00 am. The 11.00 am time slot is the most popular and so for high season may have to be booked a month in advance and fit just after your group guided tour of the sanctuary. The cost is $70.00 or $40.00 if you have scanned through a valid ISIC card.
- If you would prefer a later train on the 5th day then there are these options with additional costs again note these trains also only go as far as Ollantaytambo and require connection by bus from here to Cusco:
- Vistadome 11.00am just to Ollantaytambo US$25 extra per person
- Expedition 3.00pm just to Ollantaytambo US$25 extra per person
- The Expedition train departs Aguas Calientes approx 4:45 pm and goes through to Poroy with connection to Cusco Plaza and this package is US$15 extra and is what we generally use for the inca trail passengers each afternoon with SAS transport all the way through to Cusco.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for touring with SAS Travel !!!
- Step 1.- CLICK: CONFIRMED GROUP DEPARTURES(See available spaces in our group and permits.)
- Step 2.- Select your tour Inca Trail 4Day/4Night with extra night in Aguas Calientes and please fill it out with your own personal details, fill out details of your group in Traveling with: First Name and Surname, Passport Number, Age and Nationality contact email/skype address or phone. If you are joining friends who have already confirmed a date you must indicate the same date in your 3 trek alternative date options and their names in the comments section. If you do not have an alternative date you must indicate your only possible date in all 3 options.
- (Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months before you enter Peru). . Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a reservation code (eg: 240611001). Then you must pay your booking deposit as until we receive a payment your reservation is not confirmed or safe. It is only so we can find the full reservation details at the exact time of payment. The last spaces in the group will be guaranteed in order of payments received so it is best to pay for all people in your group together with 1 reservation code, so that we can guarantee your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour together in the same group. Please also ensure you send scan of ISIC card if applicable at this time.
- Step 3 .-HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.-
- Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card or Pay Pal deposit as these are a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation. Or you can skype sas.travel with your credit card details for immediate payment and CONFIRMATION.
- deposit option 1.- PAY A DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: Transfer US$ 300.00 per person (or US$370.00 per person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket).
- Western Union is the cheapest way to send money (up to USD$ 999.00 per online transaction) if you are from the US) I understand you can do this via Western Union online service for only about $6 fee when it is indicated as a non immediate pickup and using a checking account. You make the payment to: Irwin POMA FLORES.
- RECEIVER'S FIRST NAME: Irwin
- RECEIVER'S PATERNAL NAME: POMA
- RECEIVER'S MATERNAL NAME: FLORES
- COUNTRY: (Peru)
- (This is the only person authorized to receive Western Union Payments for SAS Travel -Peru so only use these details.)
- However if you are going to send larger amounts it has to be done via a Western Union office. Upon transferring the money email us the email confirmation receipt from Western Union with your reservation code and amount paid to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com -to confirm your booking deposit.
- deposit option 2.-PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD,VISA .- USD$ 315.00 per person (USD$ 300.00 + 5% card charge) (or USD$ 385.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa)
- deposit option 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with PAY PAL .- USD$ 318.00 per person (USD$ 300.00 + 6% PAY PAL FEE) (or USD$ 388.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge and the confirmation from Pay Pal needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel
- deposit option 4.- bank transfer has large fees so best to pay as one FULL PAYMENT. ie $640 base price per person and only if you are 4 or more to make fees worth it. - Transferring money to a Banco Continental in Peru. (Please add a USD$ 40.00 Bank fee that is taken from this end by the Peruvian bank.) Best for group booking ie 4 person mínimum Please send us an email to receive current bank details.
- Or if you have an Australian bank account there are no extra fees for 2014 to transfer to our Australian Bank account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or skype sas.travel to receive the Westpac bank details. This can only be for a domestic bank transfer within Australia. If done internationally a fee of $40 will be charged.
- As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 12 working hours. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 18 hours please send an email to: email@example.com or feel free to Skype: sas.travel or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekkking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS: Inca Trail 4D/4N with extra night in Aguas Calientes
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems or misunderstandings as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is not included in the trek. Due to limited availabilty, (only 400 people per day), we recommend you reserve and pay immediately if you are interested in doing this climb. Please let us know as soon as possible, make the payment (US$70.00 per adult / US$ 40.00 per student who send an ISIC student card at the time of payment) and please send us a copy of your payment and request to firstname.lastname@example.org.. This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 10:30 after your guided tour of Machupicchu.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then make your final payment either entering the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or via western union or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and final briefing details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change if not done at least 5 weeks in advance is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Unless you hire an extra shared porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and a mattress (both 3.8 Kgms), personal items, clothing and water for the day to drink, if you want an extra shared porter (for the full trip) you must indicate this in your reservation form as they require permits as well or send us an email immediately. (email@example.com)
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of (US$ 300.00) non refundable Booking fee.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 46 or with a Vistadome upgrade US $77. Simple Accommodation in Aguas Calientes is provided.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machupicchu admission in other tour such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machupicchu, if the entrance dates match etc
- 10.- Inca Trail 4D/4Nights Group Service includes simple accommodation in Aguas Calientes and we ask you to please read the Recommendations in the web page http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/614/inca-trail-4day4night-with-extra-night-in-aguas-calientes-group-service incase you would like to upgrade to a hotel option. Also the train on day 5 is just before 9am to Ollantaytambo. ( unless you specified at the time of booking a alternative afternoon train option) Please note this service ends in Ollantaytambo and bus transport is available from here to Cusco.
- 11.- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport to any and all hotel accomodations with the foreign passengers TAM ( the immigration slip you receive when passing through the border)for exemption from local taxes. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” so your Tam has expired, or your stay is for more than 60 days…. the 18% tax will have to be charged according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You must bring your passport and Tam slip to the office in Cusco for your checkin.
- 12 Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 13.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 14.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 15.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 16.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 17.- Travel Insurance.- We recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- Ensure you give the office the full details of your accomodation in Cusco and attend the briefing the night before the trek.
- I have read and accept the conditions.