Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
US$ 1,040.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
USD$ 50.00 Discount with ISIC student card.
Single Supplement for solo traveler US$ 140.00
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... !
Shared Service with English speaking tour guides
Minimum: 2 participants.
Grade of difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel, Fully portered trek where your comfort is our prime responsibility, we make sure that you get the best experience of your holiday while you interact with the locals, explore and rediscover remote ancient Inca buildings, learning some Quechua words and history, take in the stunning landscape surrounding you and simply feel one with mother nature, while we carry your gear, prepare your meals, set up your camps and take care of all your requirements. At SAS Travel we want you to worry about nothing but getting the maximum out of your trip... just exceeding your expectations !!
You are here:
PACKAGE DEALS & Multiday Tours (with Inca Trail treks) > Cusco, Sacred Valley overnight Ollantaytambo, 4 Day Inca Trail Trek & Aguas Calientes. 8 Day Tour Package.
Cusco, Sacred Valley overnight Ollantaytambo, 4 Day Inca Trail Trek & Aguas Calientes. 8 Day Tour Package.
Last Minute Information
- Important Note: Permits for Inca Trail Trek on: April, May, June and part in July are Fully Booked. We strongly recommend you to -Act now with your bookings for July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Please see AVAILABILITY here
- If you are still looking for great treks to Machu Picchu in dates when permits are sold out... we are offering this 8 Day Tour with Lares Valley 4 Day Trek or Lares Valley + Short Inca Trail 4 Day trek or Salkantay 5 Day trek which are AVAILABLE). for more details please email: [email protected]
- HOW TO BOOK.- (Once you have checked availability for Inca Trail). On the calendar (Leaving Dates) Select the month and click on your preferred leaving date (left side). Fill in your details and group details as requested, you will generate a reservation code. Pay inmediately online on Step 3 with Visa or MC a deposit of US$ 500.00 per person. OR pay your booking deposit online through PayPal. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
- Ticket for HUAYNAPICCHU Mt.- (Trekkers who would like to walk Huaynapicchu mountain after the guided tour at Machupicchu, must let us know asap and pay a fee... permits are also limited... admission is USD$ 75 per person so we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am. (for students with ISIC card USD$40 pp).
Cusco, Sacred Valley Tour with a night in Ollantaytambo, Classic INCA TRAIL hike with 6 Kg porterage and Aguas Calientes town 8 Day / 7 Night tour.
Day 1.- Transfer from Cusco´s Airport to Hotel Marqueses, Cusco guided tour.
Day 2.- Sacred Valley tour. Night in Ollantaytambo. ( Apu Lodge or Sol Hotel ).
Day 3 to 6.- Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. 6 Kg personal porter service.
Day 6.- Arrive to Machu Picchu. Guided tour time to explore. Night in A Calientes
Day 7.- Train return at 08:45am to Ollantaytambo van to Cusco. Hotel Marqueses
Day 8.- Transfer to the Airport or Bus Terminal.
MARQUESES Boutique Hotel.- FREE Upgrade to Deluxe room booking (8-4 months before). (Oxygen assistance, Free Internet & WIFI, free bags storage and coca leaf tea.)
What is Included:
- Transfers in and out from and to the airports in Cusco
- 2 Nights in Hotel Marqueses Cusco with breakfast.
- 3 Nights camping on Inca trail ( 2 person tent)
- 1 Night in Hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 Night in Ollantaytambo Hotel Apu-Lodge or El Sol.
- Personal Porter for Inca Trail trek for 6 Kg
- Tents for 2 person and foam pad mattress
- meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Tourist vehicles and experts guides.
- 4 Day Inca Trail Trek (Book 4-6 months before.)
- Guided tour enroute Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Cusco City guided Tour
- Sacred Valley with Lunch.
- Expedition Train Tickets, buses tickets
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes.
What is not Included:
- Flight Tickets Lima-Cusco-Lima
- Cusco VisitorsTicket (165 soles approx US$50)
- Huaynapicchu Ticket US$ 75.00 pp / US$ 40.00 with ISIC student card.
- Sleeping Bag extra of US$25
- Thermal Inflatable Mattress US$25
- 2 Walking poles $20 for entire trek
- Hot springs 10 soles entrance fee
- US$ 140 for Single room ( Single Supplement )
- Dinner in Ollantaytambo.
We recommend that you bring:
- -Original passport.
- -ISIC internatinal student card if applicable.
- -Backpack to carry your personal items
- -Warm sleeping bag Minus 5ºC
- -Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- -Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- -Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- -Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- -Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- -T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- -Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- -Camera and extra batteries
- -Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- -Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- -Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- -Rain Gear a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- -Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- -2 litre water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site)
- -Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water or buy it enroute.
- -Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes
- -Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- -Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 25.00 p/person extra special price and amazing views from every room! highly recommended as best value
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Killa Inn USD$ 45.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Casa Andina US$90.00 p/person
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Machu Picchu Pueblo INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes D B)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.- Once you have checked availability, provided and registered your details -or group details online and generate a reservation code or purchase number.
- 2.- Pay a booking deposit online with your reservation code or purchase number with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 500.00 per person
- 3.- Pay a booking deposit with your reservation code or purchase number through Paypal.- US$ 500.00 per person. (Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.) OR
- 4.- For group bookings (4-5 persons) you can transfer your booking deposit or full payment to our Bank account in Peru or transfer through out Western Union. For more details please e-mail us to: [email protected] or pay online with Visa or MC or thru Paypal as it is indicated above.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before the day when your tour start OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ or Peruvian Soles cash.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel Peru wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please read the following conditions carefully as it is your contract with us. The quote given by us will be valid for 30 days from the date of final quote delivery. This time restriction is given as domestic flight prices, prices of trains / other services and hotels can change at short notice. If you have any questions whatsoever regarding your vacation, the booking procedure or conditions of sale then SAS Travel Peru will be happy to answer them for you.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE.- We strongly recommend that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Check here travel insurance: http://www.worldnomads.com/
- INTERNATIONAL AIR FARES.- Our prices do not include the international air fares to Latin America (although many inter-country connecting flights may be included, depending on your agreed itinerary), international airport taxes, meals not specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, tips and baggage porterage.
- You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to any and all hotel accommodations. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” or your Tam has expired, ie your stay has exceded 60 days…. the 19% tax will have to be charged by the hotel according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. In Peru Costamar is a good Travel Agency for International and Dometic Flight Tickets.
- CANCELATION OF MULTIDAY PACKAGE BY YOU.- Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel . The charges are shown below: 60 days and more days before departure: retention of your booking deposit USD$ 500.00 each
- 59 to 30 days before departure: 75% of total price of the tour package.
- Less than 30 days: 100% of price of the tour package.
- JUNGLE LODGE CANCELATION: To reserve a spaces for jungle trips all lodges in Puerto Maldonado requires a full total payment of the tour fair in advance (3-1 month) in case for any reason you decide to cancel your reservation in a lodge they will charge you 100% of the total cost of the tour due terms and conditions.
- CONDITIONS OF THE 4 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU.
- 1.- You must advise SAS travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Payment of your balance in the Cusco SAS office is requested in cash. US $ is easier but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.4 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 8% commission.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2016 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 5.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is $15.
- 6.- Unless you hire an extra porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and the mattress. if you want an extra porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well. If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the inca trail and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this $70 fee.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- 7.- a. Cancelation of tour once a permits has been purchased, hotels booked and you have received a confirmation incurs a loss of booking deposit USD $500.00 per person non-refundable however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here. We can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 80.00
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non-transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
- 9.- 4 Days / 3 Nights package includes transport to Cusco, the train return depends on train company availability. Our preference would be a train departure between 4pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accomodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter. So there may be some slight variability around those dates and full high season, for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10.-4 days-4 night -package with overnight in Aguas Calientes includes 09:22am train to Ollantaytambo on day 5. ( unless you specified at the time of booking a alternative afternoon train option ) Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid. So please email us to confirm if you would prefer the afternoon train on the 5th day with transport through to Cusco, instead of morning train to Ollantaytambo.
- 11.- If you decide not to go for any reason, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a guide will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities (Ollantaytambo or Cusco). helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, we recommend to have a Travel Insurance eg: WorldNomade if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. (Hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with your group is provided. Only Train to Aguas Calientes is not included it is USD$ 80.00 per person extra.)
- 12.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 15.- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 3.40 Soles for US$1) in our Office.
- 16.- Final Balance Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 3 weeks prior to your arrival date and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- I have read and accept the conditions signature.