As this package includes the 4 Day Inca trail trek in which permits availability are Limited you must ensure there are still permits available in our website: Click: AVAILABILITY & BOOKINGS or send us an email requesting your interested date.
Booking your Package in advance ( 4-6 months) guarantee to get your permits.
US$ 970.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
US$ 910.00 p/person with ISIC student card.
Single Supplement US$ 140.00
" 4 Day Inca Trail Trek, Pisac, Ollanta & Magic Cusco " DAILY DEPARTURES upon availability.
Availability : Daily Departures
Shared Service with English speaking tour guides
Minimum: 2 participants.
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... !
Shared Service with English speaking tour guides
Minimum: 2 participants.
Grade of difficulty: Moderate to Challenging.
The Inca Trail: There are many trails built by Incas in Peru and South America, but there is one Inca Trail-the one that was the Incas "Royal highway" to Machupicchu. Hiram Bingham, discoverer of Machupicchu in 1911, found the trail in 1915. The highway was traced and explored in more details in 1942 by the Viking Expedition with Paul Fejos 1941.
There is nothing like the feeling of discovery you get when, after 4 days of hiking stone-paved Inca pathways, you finally ascend the last trail, walk to the arch of Intipunku ("Gate of the Sun"), and see spread before you Machupicchu, the beautiful, enigmatic, "lost city" of the Incas. To arrive on foot, as the Incas did, is to step back in time and feel a real link with Inca history. The Inca Trail to Machupicchu is a classic hike. There are few short hikes anywhere in the world that can offer such a mix of jungle and sierra, so many secluded ruins to explore en route, and such stunning mountain views- plus the thrill of culminating at the most famous archaeological site on the continent... MachuPicchu.
Walking the Inca Trail with SAS Travel, Fully portered trek where your comfort is our prime responsibility, we make sure that you get the best experience of your holiday while you interact with the locals, explore and rediscover remote ancient Inca buildings, learning some Quechua words and history, take in the stunning landscape surrounding you and simply feel one with mother nature, while we carry your gear, prepare your meals, set up your camps and take care of all your requirements. At SAS Travel we want you to worry about nothing but getting the maximum out of your trip... just exceeding your expectations !!
You are here:
Multiday Tours & Packages (with Inca Trail treks) > Cusco, Sacred Valley overnight Ollantaytambo, Classic Inca Trail hike & Aguas Calientes 8D/7N
Cusco, Sacred Valley overnight Ollantaytambo, Classic Inca Trail hike & Aguas Calientes 8D/7N
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Inca Trail Classic hike are so limited every year... only 200 permits are available per day -FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.... You must book and pay a deposit well in advance... so we can secure your spots. (For high season from May to October, 6-5 months in advance. Low season November to April, 4-3 months in advance.)
- CLICK ON: FIXED DEPARTURES on:
- COUPLES or GROUPS BOOKING: Choose the tour of your preference and departure date, fill out your personal details on Step 2, then below fill out details of your group if is the case in Traveling with: once you have finalized you will receive a Reservation Code (Purchase number) to pay a booking deposit with. For any assistance Call or Skype us and we can confirm your permits in only few minutes with our english/french speaking staff.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- (Those trekkers who want to climb the Huaynapicchu Mt. once they finished Inca Trail trek need to pay a deposit ONLINE of US$ 70.00 per person (US$ 40.00 pp for students with ISIC green student card) with Master Card or Visa card, so we can purchase your Ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am OR a ticket for the next day, just send us an email.) How to book see more information below at Booking Information.
Program.- Cusco, Sacred Valley Tour with a night in Ollantaytambo, Classic Inca Trail hike with 6 Kg porterage and Aguas Calientes town 8 Day / 7 Night tour.
Day 1.- Reception and transfer at your arrival to Cusco, english speaking transfer you to Hotel Marqueses Free time to relax and adjust to the altitude of Cusco 3,400 m many cups of coca leaf tea; Afternoon Inca Temples and Cusco guided Tour to see the famous Saqsawaman and Koricancha temples with fascinating architecture and history.
Day 2.- A guided Sacred Valley tour... explore the typical Pisac Market and Ruins of Pisac, Valley of Yucay and Urubamba, time to explore in Ollantaytambo village. Night in Apu Lodge or Ollanta Lodge in Ollantaytambo. The best start to acclimatize before your Inca Trail hke.
Day 3.- Inca Trail, meet with your trekkers mates in Ollantaytambo and drive for 1 hour to start your hike, espectacular views of the Veronica snow capped mountain on the right side. Extra 6 Kg personal shared porter for the entire trek.
Day 4.- Inca Trail , second day climb to the highest point on the trail 4,200 m, camp at Pacaymayo camp, next day we explore Runkurakay and reach the second pass at 3,800 m.
Day 5.- Inca Trail , Explore Inca temples as Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna.
Day 6.- Inca Trail , early walk through Sun`s gate and arrive to Machupicchu, guided tour, free time to explore, optional climbing to Huaynapicchu (permits are limited, book in advance if this is in your plans US$ 70.00 pp extra cost) Accommodation in Aguas Calientes town, hot springs.. to renew your energies !. Night in Aguas Calientes in private room accommodation.
Day 7.- At 9:00 am return to Ollantaytambo by Expedition Deluxe train and van to Cusco.
Day 8.- Transfer out to Airport or Bus Terminal. End of our service.
BOUTIQUE MARQUESES HOTEL Special: Free up-grade to our DELUXE ROOMS or Suite room in this tour / Package for early bookings (6 months in advance.) Book and pay your deposit online on: AVAILABILITY and BOOKINGS.
What is Included:
- Transfers in and out from and to the airports in Cusco
- 2 Nights in Hotel Marqueses Cusco with breakfast.
- 3 Nights camping on Inca trail ( 2 person tent)
- 1 Night in Hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 Night in Ollantaytambo
- Personal Porter for Inca Trail trek for 6 Kg
- Tents for 2 person and foam pad mattress
- meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Tourist vehicles and experts guides.
- 4 Day Inca Trail Trek (Book 4-6 months before.)
- Guided tour enroute Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Cusco City guided Tour
- Sacred Valley guided Tour with Lunch.
- Expedition Train Tickets, buses tickets
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes.
What is not Included:
- Flight Tickets Lima-Cusco-Lima
- Cusco VisitorsTicket (165 soles approx US$60)
- Sleeping Bag extra of US$20
- 2 Walking poles $20 for entire trek
- Hot springs 10 soles entrance fee
- US$ 140 for Single room ( Single Supplement )
- Dinner in Ollantaytambo
We recommend that you bring
- -Original passport.
- -ISIC internatinal student card if applicable.
- -Backpack to carry your personal items
- -Warm sleeping bag Minus 5ºC
- -Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- -Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- -Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- -Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- -Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- -T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- -Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- -Camera and extra batteries
- -Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- -Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- -Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- -Rain Gear a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- -Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- -2 litre water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site)
- -Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water or buy it enroute.
- -Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes
- -Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- -Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- Best Value option if you want to climb Huayna Picchu
- This option is recommended for those people who want to climb the HuaynaPicchu mountain found inside the Machu Picchu site.(2-3 Hrs)
- The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca trail permit to simply add the Huayna Picchu permit valued at about US$10 to it. They only sell the Huayna Picchu permit combined with a Machu Picchu entrance and this cost is US$70
- To get the best value from this US$70 since you stay the night in Aguas Calientes is to re-visit Machu Picchu the next day with your climb up Huayna Picchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machu Picchu ( A walk to Inca bridge can complete this great experience). This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather!.
- So if you want you can pay an extra $85 on this package and have included
- the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th day
- and permit to climb Huayna Picchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 8.30- 9:00 pm on your 5th day with transfer to Hotel Marqueses.
- Student discount if international ISIC card scanned through at time of booking is US$40
- Single room supplement available . US$140
- Thank you for choosing SAS Travel.
- Step 1.- CLICK on: FIXED DEPARTURES on: (See available permits and spaces in our group.)
- Step 2.- Select your tour and fill it out with your own personal details, fill out details of your group in Traveling with: First Name and Surname, Passport Number, Age and Nationality contact email/skype address or phone.
- If you are joining friends who have already been confirmed in a date you must indicate the same date in all 3 trek alternative date options and their names in the comments section. (If you do not have an alternative date you must indicate your only possible date in all 3 options. Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months before you enter Peru.) Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a reservation code (Purchase number) (eg: 240611001). Then you must pay your booking deposit as until we receive a payment your reservation is not confirmed or safe. It is only so we can find the full reservation details at the exact time of payment. The last spaces in the group will be guaranteed in order of payments received so it is best to pay for all people in your group together with 1 reservation code, so that we can guarantee your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour together in the same group. (Also ensure you send scan of ISIC student card if applicable at this time.)
- Step 3 .-HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.-
- Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card or Pay Pal deposit as these are a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation. Or you can skype sas.travel OR sas.travel.info with your credit card details for immediate payment and CONFIRMATION.
- DEPOSIT OPTION 1.- PAY A DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: Transfer US$ 500.00 per person (or US$570.00 per person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Western Union is the cheapest way to send money (up to USD$ 999.00 if you are from the US) I understand you can do this via Western Union online service for only about $6 fee when it is indicated as a non immediate pickup and using a checking account. You make the payment to: Irwin POMA FLORES (Peru).
- RECEIVER'S FIRST NAME: Irwin
- RECEIVER'S PATERNAL NAME: POMA
- RECEIVER'S MATERNAL NAME: FLORES
- COUNTRY: (Peru) (This is the only person authorized to receive Western Union Payments for SAS Travel -Peru so only use these details.)
- However if you are going to send larger amounts it has to be done via a Western Union office. Upon transferring the money email us the email confirmation reciept from Western Union with your reservation code and amount paid to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com -to confirm your booking deposit.
- DEPOSIT OPTION 2.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD,VISA .- USD$ 525.00 per person (USD$ 500.00 + 5% card charge) (or USD$ 599.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa) Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- DEPOSIT OPTION 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with PAY PAL .- USD$ 530.00 per person (USD$ 500.00 + 6% PAY PAL FEE) (or USD$ 604.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge and the confirmation from Pay Pal needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel
- DEPOSIT OPTION 4.- Bank transfer has large fees so best to pay as one FULL PAYMENT. ie $970 base price per person - Transferring money to a Bank in Peru
- Banco Continental BBVA Swift Code: BCONPEPL (Best for group booking ie 3 person mínimum.) Email us to receive bank details. (Bank transfer fee $ 40).
- Or if you have an Australian bank account there are no extra fees for 2014 to transfer to our Australian Bank account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or skype sas.travel to receive the Westpac bank details. This can only be for a domestic bank transfer within Australia. If done internationally a fee of $40 will be charged.
- As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 12 working hours. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 18 hours please send an email to: email@example.com or feel free to Skype: sas.travel or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekkking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel Peru wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please read the following conditions carefully as it is your contract with us. The quote given by us will be valid for 30 days from the date of final quote delivery. This time restriction is given as domestic flight prices, prices of trains / other services and hotels can change at short notice. If you have any questions whatsoever regarding your vacation, the booking procedure or conditions of sale then SAS Travel Peru will be happy to answer them for you.
- INTERNATIONAL AIR FARES.- Our prices do not include the international air fares to Latin America (although many inter-country connecting flights may be included, depending on your agreed itinerary), international airport taxes, meals not specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, tips and baggage porterage.
- CANCELATION BY YOU.- Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel
- The charges are shown below:
- 60 and more days before departure: retention of deposit
- 59 to 30 days before departure: 75% of total price
- Less than 30 days: 100% of price
- TRAVEL INSURANCE.- We strongly recommend that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel CONDITIONS OF THE 4 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
- 1. You must advise SAS travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2. You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour
- please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3. You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Payment of your balance in the Cusco SAS office is requested in cash. US $ is easier but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.0 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 8% commission.
- 4. The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2011 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 5. You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is $15.
- 6. Unless you hire an extra porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and the mattress. if you want an extra porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well.
- If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the inca trail and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this $70 fee. so single supplement fee for just hotel is $100.
- 7. a Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of $200. non refundable
- 7. b. Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 7. c. Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 7. d. Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here.
- 7. e. Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 46 or with a Vistadome upgrade US $71.
- 8. Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
- 9. 4 Days / 3 Nights package includes transport to Cusco, the train return depends on train company availability. Our preference would be a train departure between 4pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accomodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter. So there may be some slight variability around those dates and full high season, for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10. 4 days-4 night -package with overnight in Aguas Calientes includes 09:22am train to Ollantaytambo on day 5. ( unless you specified at the time of booking a alternative afternoon train option ) Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid. So please email us to confirm if you would prefer the afternoon train on the 5th day with transport through to Cusco, instead of morning train to Ollantaytambo.
- 11. If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger. If you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund from the original payment, however we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- 12. SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13. SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 15. When paying the balance in Cusco, there will be a * 3% comission if you choose to use travellers cheques and a 8% comission for use of credit card.
- I have read and accept the conditions signature: _____________________________ date:____________________________