Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
US$ 445.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Double Classic: $445.00 per person
Single Classic: $570.00
We offer a 20% discount for children under the age of 12 sharing room with parents in
triple or quadruple rooms in Classic programs. Additional activities are paid in full.
Discount does not apply to families where children share a single or double room with
DAILY DEPARTURES but we need to check your requested dates for availability well in advance.
in case Posada Amazonas is full but there is space in their sister lodge REFUGIO AMAZONAS the program,lodging and site iare very similar .
the only difference is an extra US$.13.00 entrance fee to the Reserva Nacional Tambopata charged by SERNANP and you either pay this in SAS travel and receive a voucher or pay directly at the site
Posada Amazonas Lodge 3 Day/ 2 Night -Tambopata Rerserve.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! You must book and pay a deposit well in advance... so we can guarantee your recervation at this lovely lodge. For high season (May to October, 4-3 months in advance.) (Low season (November to April, 2-1 months in advance.)
- How to Book Choose at the Calendar (left side) your preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) Fill in your details on Step 2 and Pay a deposit on Step 3. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information. Our staff will meet you at the Airport in Puerto aldonado at your arrival.
3 Days Tour in Posada Amazonas Lodge in Puerto Maldonado.
Posada Amazonas opened its doors in 1998 and has become a major attraction for those looking for a short stay in the rainforest with the promise of an authentic eco-tourist experience. The lodge is situated within the community's private reserve.
Using local materials and architecture combined with modern expertise, the lodge is community built and as such is a testament to workmanship and endeavor.
What is Included:
- Programmes based on double occupancy. Includes all meal, accommodations, and services, all river transportation, and transfer from and to the airport of Puerto Maldonado.
- Boat Transportation .-All our boats are 20 foot long, roofed canoes with 55 hp outboard motors. Daily arrivals and departures from every port are scheduled to meet every airline´s arrival and departure with a maximum two hour wait.
- We reserve the right to change the order of activities
What is not Included:
- International or domestic airfares, airport departure taxes or visa fees, excess baggage charges, additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations, alcoholic beverages or bottled water, snacks, insurance of any kind, laundry, phone calls or messages, reconfirmation of flights and items of personal nature.
We recommend that you bring:
- A small rucksack
- Lightweight, tightweave long cotton pants & long -sleaved cotton shirts
- A fleece and a windbreaker are advisable for cool evenings
- Light raingear (poncho) for sudden downpours
- Sneakers or other low heeled walking shoes are essential
- Sunhat / glasses, sunscreen
- Insect repellent is a must, preferably with deet
- A water bottle
- Good binoculars and a flashlight or headlight
- Personal gear, toiletries, cameras, 400 exp film
- Your passport, yellow fever certificate and extra money in plastic bags
- A few energy snacks will be useful
- If you have extra large sized feet we may not be able to find rubber boots in your size for the muddy trails as they are generally not available in Peru….so please bring old shoes for the muddy trails.
- The first step on the journey to Tambopata includes a plane ride from either Lima or Cuzco. Flights from Lima depart from the domestic terminal of the Jorge Chavez airport. The trip takes around 2 hours and 15 minutes and frequently stops in Cuzco before continuing on to Puerto Maldonado. As of February, 2014, these are the flight schedules for flights to Puerto Maldonado from Lima:
- Airline and Flight Days Departure time Arrival
- LAN 2071 Monday, Thursday, and Friday 10:45 AM 1:30 PM
- TACA 809 Every day of the week 9:45 AM 12:45 PM
- Star Peru 2I 1181 Every day of the week 8:35 AM 11:15 AM
- Flights from Cuzco are a quick, scenic hop over the Andes and take just 20 minutes. As of February, 2014, the following flights go from Cuzco to Puerto Maldonado:
- Airline and Flight Days Departure Arrival
- LAN 2071 Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 10:45 AM 1:30 PM
- TACA 809 Every day of the week 11:50 AM 12:45 PM
- Star Peru 2I 1181 Every day of the week 10:30 AM 11:15 AM
- Upon arrival in Puerto Maldonado, you will be greeted by one or more of our guides and then taken to a waiting vehicle. After a short ride, we board long, sturdy canoes equipped with outboard motors and head upstream to one of the lodges. The boat ride is pleasant often includes our first sightings of parakeets, aquatic birds, and other species that frequent the edge of the river and rainforest. The duration of the boat ride varies but usually takes one and a half to two hours.
- Travel Insurance: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please contact: Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- in case Posada Amazonas is full but there is space in their sister lodge REFUGIO AMAZONAS the program,lodging and site iare very similar .
- the only difference is an extra US$.13.00 entrance fee to the Reserva Nacional Tambopata charged by SERNANP and you either pay this in SAS travel and receive a voucher or pay directly at the site
Frequently Asked Questions
- After checking the Availability page for this tour, (this tour is offered as a Daily Departures) book online and create a reservation code. (If you are travelling as a couple or in a group, please add person´s details as indicated: Travelling with: (write name and surname, passport number, Date of birth and Nationality.)
- Once you have sent your booking, you will receive a Reservation code (e.g: 240617001). (If you don´t receive an immediate email reply please email us: [email protected]) Pay immediately a deposit online on Step 3 with your reservation code. (Pay a deposit for you or for your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee a tour in the same group).
- 1. Pay a booking deposit online with VISA or MasterCard. US$315.00 per person (US$300 + 5% card fee). Payments by debit/credit card Visa or MC will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2. Pay a booking deposit with PayPal. US$300.00 per person *Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- For group bookings (4-5 person) you can transfer your deposit to our Bank in Peru. Ask for more details to: [email protected] Click Here to Pay a booking deposit Online
- Final Payment: You must pay the full balance of your tour 45 Days before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email. [email protected] (Javier) with your final confirmation and indicating any extra items to be added. You’ll need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS Posada Amazonas Lodge 3 Day/ 2 Night -Tambopata Rerserve
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or relevant fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php
- with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and voucher.
- 2.- COST OF TOUR: Prices are per person and based on Double accommodation.
- If you are travelling alone you are obliged to pay the Single supplement for single room.
- Children 3 to 11 years (inclusive) are charged only 50%.
- 3.- Flight arrivals to Puerto Maldonado are requested to be before 1pm as there are 2 boat shuttles to the lodge departing Puerto Maldonado at 1pm and 2pm.
- Flight departures from Puerto Maldonado need to be after 11am.
- Flight Tickets :Package does not Include flights but we can give quotes on request and put this all together as a package with Electronic tickets for you if desired . see additional options
- Airport Tax US$6 from Puerto Maldonado
- 4.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card to our office on arrival to Cusco. If you are taking a flight directly from Lima to Puerto Maldonado you need to scan your photo page of your passport to us at or before the time of final payment. You will not receive the immigration entrance card until arrival to Lima so will need to send a photo of this to us after arrival. This is not an issue if you are doing further tours with us from Cusco after the jungle. Without the copy of the TAM immigration document received by the SAS office an 18% additional tax is incurred.
- 5.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and authorized by the lodge.
- 6.- You are strongly recommended to obtain TRAVEL INSURANCE
- 7.- IN CASE OF FLIGHT CANCELLATION If the flight Lima or Cusco to Puerto Maldonado is cancelled owing to bad weather then the guest loses the first night in the Lodge. If the plane is cancelled Puerto Maldonado/Cusco or Lima the guests must pay for any additional costs incurred during this extra night and boat transportation.
- No refund can be given and the guest is responsable for the costs of the additional night in Lima or Cusco. If cancellation is due to flight company mechanical issue of the aircraft they will generally provide accommodation compensation, and you need to request this directly from them.
- Cancellation of flights have their own conditions with each booking depending on the tarif class.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- Bookings cancelled within 2 months and 1 month loose 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellation within 1month and 8 days loose 60% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellation within 8 days of tour lodge charges no show ie total tour cost.
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9.- The Lodge HAS THE RIGHT:
- To make any change in the itinerary when deemed necessary or caused by changes in air schedules.
- To accept or decline any persons as members of a tour.
- To fill unoccupied space on its boats and airplanes with its guides, staff and cargo.
- The LODGE and/or their employees act only as agents for the passenger in regard to travel, whether by car, boat, or airplane and assume no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity that may be caused either by reasons of defect in the vehicle or for any reasons engaged in conveying the client or carrying out the arrangements of the tour. They can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in air or other services, sickness, weather, strike, war, quarantine, or other causes. All such expenses will have to be borne by the passenger
- 10.- SAS Travel cannot take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- NOTE .- You should carry your passport and valuables in a zip locked plastic bag on the tour, to ensure they don´t get damaged.