You are here:
MachuPicchu by Train Tours > Machupicchu with VISTADOME train 1 Day Guided Tour.
Machupicchu with VISTADOME train 1 Day Guided Tour.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!From Jan 2014 Adult US$ 360.00 pp
- US$ 320.00 pp (Student with ISIC card) The permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-2 months in advance.) Book ONLINE on Step 2: BOOKINGS Get a Code (Purchase Number) and pay a booking deposit of US$ 200.00 p/person with: Western Union to Mr: Irwin Jesus POMA FLORES (Peru) OR Pay a booking deposit ONLINE on Step 3: TO PAY ONLINE with Master Card or Visa card US$ 210.00 p/person. Book and pay as soon as possible to avoid disappointments. Final payment must be paid in US$ cahd at your arrival to Cusco, previous to your tour.
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from JAN 1st 2013 to APRIL 15th 2013). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash. www.hotelmarqueses.com
4 hours Tourist Vistadome DELUXE train ride approx into this spectacular land of the Incas, amazing views of valleys, Inca farming terraces, snow capped mountains, and sub-tropical jungle near the low Jungle. Aguas Calientes is set in 2,000 mts, then a shuttle bus will transport you to the top 2,400 mts back into the fantastic history to this magic place, sacred and mysterious town without name known as Machu-Picchu. “ The Old Sacred Mountain ”
Day 1: Day 1: Machupicchu Tour with a Vistadome De-luxe train with reserved seats.
Transfer from your hotels at 5.45 am to Poroy Train Station. (Train leave at 06:40 am)
The train ride consists of spectacular views in this wonderful land of the Incas, (this train has big panoramic windows) amazing landscapes of mountains and valleys, Inca farming terraces on both sides of the valley, snow capped mountains and sub-tropical jungle near the Ceja de Selva. From Pachar the sacred Vilcanota river will be our companion until arrival at Aguas Calientes (2040m) well known as Machu Picchu Pueblo. Your guide will meet you at the train station and transfer you to the bus for 25 minutes to Machu Picchu. A guided tour of Machupicchu “The Old Sacred Mountain” takes approx 2 hrs and then you have some free time for photos.
Machupicchu, the lost city of the Incas, where the last emperors, priests and priestesses took refuge and where the empire survived for 40 years after the arrival of the Spaniards. Secret and mysterious citadel from the time of Pachacutec Inca Yupanqui (IX-Inca`s Dinasty) emperor, his presumed constructor. Then apparently its existence was even well-known only by the authorities and the priests of the Tawantinsuyo “The four lands of the empire”. Machupicchu prodigy of architecture of aesthetic recklessness and by the magestic and harmony of its forms, by the impeccable organization of its terraces, stairs, buildings, patios, passages that are set up in this nest of condors, surrounded by mountains, between the mountain range and the forest like but the extraordinary constructive feat of the pre-Hispanic man.
The bus ticket down to Aguas Calientes town.
Return by Vistadome Train to Poroy Cusco or train to Ollantaytambo then Private Bus to Cusco.
Arriving to Plaza Recocijo near Cusco`s main Plaza de Armas approximately 8.15 pm
Meals: Not Included.
What is Included:
- Transfer at 05:45 am from your hotels to Poroy or Ollanta Train Station
- Vistadome train ticket from Poroy / Ollanta to Aguas Calientes
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu-picchu ( 30 minutes )
- Admission ticket for Machu-picchu sanctuary
- Guided tour in English 2 hours approximately (2 hrs free time to explore in your own) Small group 6-14 person, experienced tour guide.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Vistadome train ticket return to Cusco/Ollanta and Private bus to Cusco (Includes snacks and Dance Presentation)
- Transfer from station to your hotel.
What is not Included:
- Lunch drinks or snacks
- Lunch at the Hotel Sanctuary near Machupicchu US$ 40.00 p/person (Bring snacks or packed lunch)
- Packed Lunch at B&B Viajeros US$ 10.00 p/person (Vegetarian packed lunch upon request)
We recommend that you bring
- A small day pack with water to drink
- Comfortable shoes or runners
- Camera and rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket, basic toiletries
- Hat for the sun , sunscream, insect repelent for mosquitoes
- Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs
- DAILY DEPARTURES !! The permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-2 months in advance.) Book ONLINE on Step 2: BOOKINGS Get a Code (Purchase Number) and pay a booking deposit of US$ 200.00 p/person with:Western Union to Mr: Irwin Jesus POMA FLORES (Peru) OR Pay a booking deposit ONLINE on Step 3: TO PAY ONLINE with Master Card or Visa card US$ 210.00 p/person. Book and pay as soon as possible to avoid disappointments.
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket extra of US$ 10.00 p/person.
- PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDE: Tourist Buses and De Luxe Expedition train tickets, accommodation, excursions with English speaking guides, 24 hours emergency assistance to ensure you have a peace of mind and safe vacation and all in and out transfers to airports, train station or bus terminals. This means when you get off a bus, plane, or train, you will be met by one of our SAS Travel english speaking representatives, who will drive you to your hotel or to your next tour. ( Breakfast in all your Hotels, Meals are included when are indicated)
- PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE: International air fares to Peru, meals other than those specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, and tips. Entrance fees in Cusco to the archaeological sites in the tours (165 Soles or US$ 65) to pay directly to controlers.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for booking with SAS Travel.
- CLICK: (AVAILABILITY AND BOOKINGS) See DAILY DEPARTURES.
- Choose the tour and departure date required, fill out your personal details on Step 2, then below fill out the details of your group in Traveling with: (Make sure your passports have 6 months validation on them before you enter to Peru). Once you have finalized your booking, you will receive a reservation code (purchase number) to be able to pay ONLINE with. (eg: 240611001). If you are booking for 2 or more people, you can pay with just one code for one transaction.Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card deposit as this is a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation.
- HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.- (USD$ 200.00 per person is required.)
- PAY A DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION.- Transfer USDS$ 200.00 p/person in order to Mr: Irwin POMA-FLORES (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the (MTCN) Money Transfer Control Number, your reservation code and the amount paid to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTERCARD or VISA.- US$ 210.00 per person (US$ 200.00 + 5% card service fee). Payments by credit/debit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa) when your payment became Non Authenticated, Denied or failed, PLEASE contact us urgently by Skype sas.travel.info or sas.travel or phone us: 051 84 256324 - 261920 (Irwin or David). If you don`t receive a confirmation within 24 hours please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- FINAL PAYMENT.- The remaining balance needs to be paid (7 Days before the date of your tour) Transfer your balance with: Western Union in US$ Dollars to: Irwin POMA-FLORES. (Peru) email us the (MTCN), your reservation code and the amount paid to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 2 weeks prior your tour and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us two weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting, any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- FINAL PAYMENTS WITH CREDIT / DEBIT CARDS.- in our Office is with 8% card fee. (The remaining balance needs to be paid 5 Days before your tour).
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS OF MACHUPICCHU WITH VISTADOME TRAIN 1 DAY GUIDED TOUR
- 1. We strongly suggest you arrive to Cusco at least 2 days before the departure of this tour.
- Please let us know your hotel contact details once you have confirmed this or if you need assistance in booking a hotel in Cusco let us know.
- 2.You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, at least 2 days before your departure.
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 2.90 Soles for US$1). or Travelers' cheques with 3% only at our Office.
- ■Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 2 weeks prior to the Inca Trail and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- ■If you prefer not to use the online system you can skype sas.travel and we can do a manual payment for you quickly and easily. Or you can use Western Union.
- ■4. If paying in cash. you must pay for your tour in the office in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Please ensure that the US $ notes are in good condition without small tears!
- ■We accept US$ Dollars cash or Peruvian Soles at our office in Cusco when paying the final balance. Our rate exchange is S/ 2.90 Soles for US$1 or cash US$. (You can withdraw Soles or US$ from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards).
- ■If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged in US$ to your credit card plus the 8% commission.
- 3. The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC student card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4. You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC student card (if applicable) on the tour.
- 5. Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 6.-If you are wanting to include an ascent of Huayna Picchu in your visit to Machu Picchu beware that there are new regulations and permits have to be bought in advance. The cost to have a Machu Picchu entrance that includes the permits to climb Huayna Picchu is US$10 extra and you need to indicate this in your web reservation at the time of booking.
- ■There is a limit of only 400 permits for climbing Huayna Picchu and only 200 people are permitted to enter for each of the 2 sessions scheduled for 7am and 10 am. The guide will organise the tour of Machu Picchu around peoples climb of Huayna Picchu depending on how many in the group have permits. Please note your entrance to Machu Picchu and permit for Huayna Picchu are with your name and passport details so are non transferable and non refundable.
- ■Last minute bookings of this trek will possibly miss out on Huayna Picchu permits in high season so please book and pay in advance.
- 7. For the return time journey from Aguas Calientes to Poroy, we always try to get the 15:20 pm depart Aguas Calientes – 18:50 to Poroy Train Station and we provide the 25 minutes transfer on to Cusco from here for you.
- ■At times the only option available is the 5.27pm Vistadome train so we block it and keep trying for the 3.20pm but if you would prefer the later vistadome at 5.27pm to give you more time just let us know.
- 8. When paying the balance in Cusco, there will be a * 3% comission if you choose to use travellers cheques and a 5% comission for use of credit card.
- 9 - CANCELLATIONS
- ■9a Cancelation of tour within 3 months and 2 months before departure incurs a loss of 10% of total tour cost,
- ■9b Cancelation of tour within 2 month and 1 month before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- ■9c Cancelation of tour within 1 month to 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 50% of total tour cost,
- ■9d Cancelation of tour within 14 days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- ■9e Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost,
- ■We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 10. SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 11. SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.