US$ 540.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Single Supplement for solo traveler US$ 75.00
If you are so unfortunate to have too little time to enjoy all that majestic Cusco has to offer then don`t despair, you can still see the best of it even if you only have 4 days. Of course we would say you need more time to enjoy and acclimatise but Machu Picchu is actually in the lower altitudes so by ensuring you rest for 2 full hours on arrival to Cusco you should be OK. Please ensure you can take one of the early flights on day 1. If you would like assistance with domestic flights, a quote or for us to arrange electronic tickets for you just let us know.
Is it for me?
this package has been very popular and often people use it as a jumping off point for discovering the rest of Peru. It has been created for people with a minimum of time but most people add a pre tour accomodation for the day before the tour to allow them time to recover from their journey to Peru. One extra night pre accomodation is $40 per person and of course the transfer from the airport is organised for this day so please consider this as a recommendation!
If you want something really unforgetable for the overnight in Machu Picchu town Aguas Calientes and have the money I would certainly suggest going for the upgrade option of five star Hotel Sumaq. US$ 220 upgrade per person based on 2 people but is a very special offer as the hotel is actually valued at US$ 600 for a room for 2 people.
if you would like this upgrade please quote it in your reservation and remember it is only until Sept 1st 2011
Tourist bus and Train
The Best of Cusco 4 Day / 3 Night.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! The permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.... You must book and pay a deposit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 5-4 months in advance.) Low season (November to April, 3-2 months in advance.)
- Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in Please Note
- If you prefer not to do that option let us know in your reservation and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- to Book follow instructions below in Booking Information
We are assuming that you are booking this tour as you only have 4 days but if you are lucky enough to have more time we can add more nights in Cusco and then provide a free upgrade to delux if you spend 4 nights in Cusco
This tour is a combination of the City tour, Sacred Valley Tour and the Classic Train tour to Machu Picchu, so for those who only have 3 Days to experience these sights rather than 4, it is a must.
Combined with the charms of 2 nights in the Marqueses Boutique Hotel it is a perfect way to see Cusco as you are in the safe tourist district and any spare time you have on Day 1 or 4 finds you in the midst of the most beautiful combination of Inca and Colonial architecture to souvenir shop or add some amazing photos to your collection.
What is Included:
- Reception and transfers from Cusco´s Airport
- 2 Nights in Boutique Hotel Marqueses Cusco.
- Cusco and Inca Sites guided tour. 2pm to 6pm.
- Sacred Valley tour with Lunch in Urubamba.
- Machupicchu guided tour with Expedition Train.
- (Train Tickets,Bus tickets, Entrance fees for Machupicchu).
- Huayna Picchu permit when booked well in advance before they run out
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Private room.
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner.
What is not Included:
- Entrance fees to the City and Sacred Valley sites
- (Cusco Tourist Ticket 130 soles approx US$45)
- Same ticket can be used for both tours
- Half price for students with ISIC card.
- plus for the city tour *Entrance to Koricancha (or Qorikancha) 10 soles
- *Entrance to Cathedral 25 soles
- Cusco Tourist Ticket it cost 130 soles approx US$45* includes the admitssion to Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center in the 3rd block of Sol Avenue, presentation everynight from 7:00 pm.
- Meals and drinks where not indicated.
We recommend that you bring
- For the main tour you only need to carry a small day pack (Peru Rail's luggage limit is 5-6kgs)
- Water to drink 1.5 Lt
- Rain jacket/poncho
- Change of clothes
- Basic toiletries
- Sun lotion/sunscreen, hat for sun
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- Extra money.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- Montana or Cerro Machu Picchu vs Huayna Picchu
- In case it helps I found this link with aerial views of the views from Mountain Machu Picchu and from Huayna Picchu plus much more.
- The permit fee for Montana Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu are exactly the same but permits for Huayna Picchu generally run out quicker in the high season months of June July and Aug.
- Huayna Picchu has 2 session times one that starts from 7 -8 am and the other that starts from 10 -11am. This does not mean you only have 1 hour to go up and down (as some people like to sit up there for at least 30 mins). The hour slot is that people must start the hike between 7 am and just before 8am or from 10 am to just before 11 am. Ie you must enter ie pass the initial control checkpoint before the 8 or 11am time accordingly. For Montana Machu Picchu your permit can enter at any time until 11am but you should enter in the morning as it is at least a 3 hr round trip and you should allow more time if you are not a hiker.
- Montana or Cerro Machu Picchu (564 vertical meters (1850 ft) generally takes 3 hours as it is much higher than the Huayna Picchu (360 metres (1,180 ft) which takes about 1 to 1 and a half hours to climb up and down. Thus the views from Montana Machu Picchu are considerably better from the higher vantage point looking over not only Machu Picchu but also Huayna Picchu and the mountains beyond! Also Montana Machu Picchu is way less crowded!
- Montana Machu Picchu tends to be a longer climb also with many inca stairs but less exposed and vertical. Various caves that contained skeletons when found by Hiram Bingham’s expedition are located at the base of Cerro Machu Picchu, leading to the area being called the ‘Upper Cemetery.’
- Huayna Picchu is to be avoided if you suffer vertigo and both climbs are to be considered dangerous in bad weather.
- If you don’t mind the hotter temperatures, many recommend taking the later time slot (10-11am) for entry to Huayna Picchu so that you have more time at the main site for your tour first before the crowds arrive. However if you are returning to Machu Picchu to do this on a second entry many people say do the early time slot to see the view at first light. In wet season mist may be a hinderance at this time though!
- SAS Travel offer free luggage storage in Hotel Marqueses as you are not allow to bring big back packs on the train.
- ENJOY the Typical market and Inca town of Pisac in the SACRED VALLEY tour on Day 1 and Watch the SUN RISE over Machu Picchu early on the 2nd Day.- The best time to visit Machu Picchu is very early in the morning or late in the day, when the trains have come and gone. This means spending the night in Aguas Calientes town. It`s worth it , at down, the light is especially beautiful and you`ll have the possibility of exploring the sanctuary in some solitude.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for booking with SAS Travel.
- Step 1.- CLICK:http://sastravel.online-booking.co/registration.php
- Step 2.- Select The Best of Cusco 4 Day / 3 Night and please fill it out with your own personal details, fill out details of your group in Traveling with: First Name and Surname, Passport Number, Age and Nationality contact email/skype address or phone. (Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months before you enter Peru). . Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a reservation code (eg: 120611001). If you do not want to climb Huayna Picchu indicate No in this section. Please send your flight details in the comments section. Then you must pay your booking deposit as until we receive a payment your reservation is not confirmed. It is only so we can find the full reservation details at the exact time of payment. The last spaces in the group will be guaranteed in order of payments received so it is best to pay for all people in your group together with 1 reservation code, so that we can guarantee your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour together in the same group. Please also ensure you send scan of ISIC card if applicable at this time.
- Step 3 .-HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION.
- Please note if your are needing to pay urgently you can skype sas.travel with your credit card details for immediate payment and CONFIRMATION. Otherwise choose the option below that suits you best.
- deposit option 1.- PAY A DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: Transfer US$ 200.00 per person.
- Western Union is the cheapest way to send money (up to USD$ 999.00 per online transaction if you are from the US) I understand you can do this via Western Union online service for only about $6 fee when it is indicated as a non immediate pickup and using a checking account. You make the payment to: Irwin POMA FLORES.
- RECEIVER'S FIRST NAME: Irwin
- RECEIVER'S PATERNAL NAME: POMA
- RECEIVER'S MATERNAL NAME: FLORES
- COUNTRY: (Peru)
- (This is the only person authorized to receive Western Union Payments for SAS Travel -Peru so only use these details.)
- However if you are going to send larger amounts it has to be done via a Western Union office. Upon transferring the money email us the email confirmation reciept from Western Union with your reservation code and amount paid to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org -to confirm your booking deposit.
- deposit option 2.-http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php ONLINE with MASTER CARD,VISA .- USD$ 210.00 per person (USD$ 200.00 + 5% card charge) Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa)
- deposit option 3.- ONLINE http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with PAY PAL .- USD$ 222.60 per person (USD$ 200.00 + 6% PAY PAL FEE) Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge and the confirmation from Pay Pal needs to be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel
- deposit option 4.- bank transfer has large fees so best to pay as one FULL PAYMENT. ie $540 base price per person and only if you are 6 or more to make fees worth it. - Transferring money to a Bank in Peru. (Please add a USD$ 40.00 Bank fee that is taken from this end by the Peruvian bank.)
- Best for group booking ie 3 person mínimum Please send us an email to receive bank details.
- Or if you have an Australian bank account there are no extra fees for 2014 to transfer to our Australian Bank account. Please email email@example.com or skype sas.travel to receive the Westpac bank details. This can only be for a domestic bank transfer within Australia. If done internationally a fee of $40 will be charged.
- As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 12 working hours. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 18 hours please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to Skype: sas.travel or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel -Cusco Peru CONDITIONS OF THE BEST OF CUSCO PACKAGE WITH SACRED VALLEY + MACHU PICCHU COMBO WITH OVERNIGHT IN AGUAS CALIENTES.
- 1.- Final Payment.- You must pay the balance of your tour in full on your arrival date to Cusco in our office, it is requested in US$ cash. US$ is easier to get from banks ot ATM, but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.0 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 5% commission.
- 2.- Cost of tour is based on Double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers is US$ 20 per night so additional US$ 60.
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2011 -12 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- You must carry your passport and valid ISIC student card (if applicable) on the tour.
- 5.- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system. Hostel Viajeros has one of the best locations in town, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hot spring open pools.
- If you are wanting alternative accommodation this can be organized but must be organised at the time of your booking.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 6.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 7.- Please ensure you reconfirm your flights and advise us of any changes 2 days before package.
- 8.- CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENTS.-
- Cancelation of tour before bookings and train tickets finalised incurrs no fee in high season this is generally before 3 months in advance of departure.
- Cancelation of tour within 3 months and 6 weeks before departure incurs a loss of 10% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks and 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 14 days and 5 days before departure incurs a loss of 50% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 5 days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost,
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance.
- 9.-SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 10.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 11.- When paying the balance in Cusco, there will be a * 3% comission if you choose to use travellers cheques and a 5% comission for use of credit card.
- HOTEL MARQUESES INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS.-
- The HOTEL MARQUESES is great value in a prime safe location, only 1 and 1/2 blocks from the main plaza with a lovely colonial courtyard and refurbished rooms. It has an amazing history going back 400 years which is great for classic photos!
- All rooms are equipped with heating, security boxes, cable T.V and private bathrooms .
- Includes buffet breakfast and free shuttle transfer to and from the airport. Access to an English speaking staff person 24 hours a day.
- Marqueses Suite Twin or Matrimonial US$ 150.00
- De-Luxe Single US$ 90.00 De-Luxe Double or Matrimonial US$ 110.00
- De -Luxe Triple US$ 130.00
- Additional Bed US$ 30.00
- Standard Single Room US$ 60.00 Standard Double or Matrimonial US$ 90.00
- Standard Triple US$ 110.00
- Both Delux and Standard Rooms have private bathrooms with 24 hour hot water. Delux rooms have shower and bath and the rooms are very spacious with much more natural lighting and character. They are located in the front courtyard area.
- For those celebrating special occaisions, (maybe a Honeymoon) reserve “The Suite” - Valued at $150 for 2 persons … tastefully furnished spacious rooms !
- The professional staff guarantee you a wonderful, safe and unforgetable visit to Cusco.
- To receive your free transfer from the airport please advise us of the full arrival details at least 3 days before arrival. Please send your flight arrival details (TIME / AIRLINE / FLIGHT #:/ DATE) to us once you have confirmed your flight. We need this information at least 3 days in advance. If you have any last minute flight changes ring (84 from Lima ) 264249 or if international use with country code (+51 84) 264249
- Please note . Even though there are many people waiting around the airport trying to sell tours or hotels on your arrival…we do not have a Marqueses representative inside the airport except for the SAS transfer driver.
- The SAS driver waits for you outside the arrival area with the SAS logo or Marqueses logo on a sign.
- Checkout time is 10.00 am but you are welcome to leave luggage in storage for as long as you like! Breakfast can be served from 05.30 am to 10:30 am
- Reconfirmation of domestic flights is a free service but please give the reception the details of your flight at least 2 days in anticipation so it can be reconfirmed and your shuttle transfer to the airport organised for you. We need your airline flight # and reservation code if you can find it. With Lan Peru flights you can do an online checkin select your seats and print out your boarding pass to allow your transfer to the airport to be organised for only 1 hour in advance. Otherwise with other airlines or without your boarding pass check in for domestic flights is required just under 2 hours before departure so we would need organise the transfer to the airport for around 2 hours before your flight time. Without the information in advance we may not be able to accommodate your transfer to the airport so please ensure you advise reception of your details early in your stay.
- If you are feeling exceptionally ill for the altitude or any other health issue we generally contact Cusco Medical Assistance located in Av La Paz phone :224016 or 224178 and they work directly with people travel insurance to make things a bit easier.
- Please note all rooms in the hotel are considered a smoke free zone. The open Colonial courtyard is the only area which is permitted for smoking to protect the art and historical items of the building. Please feel free to use the book exchange in the second patio.
- If you are unsure of anything that cannot be clarified easily through the hotel,
- You can also ask Reception to contact Robyn to assist in English at any time.
- FAILURE to contact the hotel at least 48 hours in advance to inform of a cancellation will result in a no show which authorizes the charge of the first nights accommodation. For bookings in June July and August cancellations must be confirmed at least 4 days in advance to avoid cancellation fees. (+51 84) 264249
- In the case of a booking that reserves more than 3 rooms (ie group) a cancellation must be received by the hotel 5 days in advance to avoid a no show charge.