US$ 540.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Single Supplement US$ 70.00
If you are so unfortunate to have too little time to enjoy all that majestic Cusco has to offer then don`t despair, you can still see the best of it even if you only have 4 days. Of course we would say you need more time to enjoy and acclimatise but Machu Picchu is actually in the lower altitudes so by ensuring you rest for 2 full hours on arrival to Cusco you should be OK. Please ensure you can take one of the early flights on day 1. If you would like assistance with domestic flights, a quote or for us to arrange electronic tickets for you just let us know.
Is it for me?
this package has been very popular and often people use it as a jumping off point for discovering the rest of Peru. It has been created for people with a minimum of time but most people add a pre tour accomodation for the day before the tour to allow them time to recover from their journey to Peru. One extra night pre accomodation is $40 per person and of course the transfer from the airport is organised for this day so please consider this as a recommendation!
If you want something really unforgetable for the overnight in Machu Picchu town Aguas Calientes and have the money I would certainly suggest going for the upgrade option of five star Hotel Sumaq. US$ 220 upgrade per person based on 2 people but is a very special offer as the hotel is actually valued at US$ 600 for a room for 2 people.
if you would like this upgrade please quote it in your reservation and remember it is only until Sept 1st
Tourist bus and Train
The Best of Cusco 4 Day / 3 Night. (No trek -Deluxe tour)
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! Permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... You must book and pay a deposit well in advance... so we can guarantee your spots. For high season (May to October, 4-3 months in advance.) (Low season (November to April, 2-1 months in advance.)
- Walking to Huayna Picchu mountain (2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in Please Note. If you prefer not to do that option let us know in your reservation and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- How to Book.- Choose your preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) at the Calendar (left side) Fill in your details and group as requested and Pay a deposit on Step 3. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
The Best of Cusco 4 Day / 3 Night. Daily Departures !!! USD$ 540.00 per person.
Day 1: Reception in Cusco. Transfer to Hotel Marqueses. Afternoon City Tour.
Day 2: Sacred Valley tour. Pisac,Ollanta. 2 HrsTrain to Aguas Calientes..H.Viajeros
Day 3: Early guide tour at Machupicchu. train return to Cusco. H Marqueses.
Day 4: Good Bye Cusco. (end of services).
Please feel free to add extra nights before or after this tour at Marqueses Hotel or take one of our Extension tours.
SPECIAL.- Get a FREE Up-grade to our Deluxe or Suite room at Marqueses Hotel Boutique in this tour for early bookings (5-1 months in advance.)
This tour include the Highlights in Cusco, is a combination of the City tour, Sacred Valley Tour and the Classic Train tour to Machu Picchu with the chance to stay for the sunrise at the top lookout point,, so for those who only have 3 Days to experience these sights rather than 4, it is a must. Combined with the charms of 2 nights in the Marqueses Boutique Hotel it is a perfect way to see Cusco as you are in the safe tourist district and any spare time you have on Day 1 or 4 finds you in the midst of the most beautiful combination of Inca and Colonial architecture to souvenir shop or add some amazing photos to your collection.
What is Included:
- Reception and transfers from Cusco´s Airport
- 2 Nights in Boutique Hotel Marqueses Cusco.
- Cusco and Inca Sites guided tour. 2pm to 6pm.
- Sacred Valley tour with Lunch in Urubamba.
- Machupicchu guided tour with Expedition Train.
- (Train Tickets,Bus tickets, Entrance fees for Machupicchu).
- Huayna Picchu permit when booked well in advance before they run out
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Private room.
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner.
What is not Included:
- (Cusco Tourist Ticket US$60 per person) (50% for students with ISIC card).Entries for City and Sacred Valley tour, Koricancha, Cathedral and other sites.
- Meals and drinks where are not indicated.
- Includes the admission to Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center in the 3rd block of Sol Avenue, presentation everynight from 7:00 pm.
We recommend that you bring
- For the main tour you only need to carry a small day pack (Peru Rail's luggage limit is 5-6kgs)
- Water to drink 1.5 Lt
- Rain jacket/poncho
- Change of clothes
- Basic toiletries
- Sun lotion/sunscreen, hat for sun
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- Extra money.
- Please Note:Hostal Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hot spring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes (Based on Double occupancy).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 29.00 p/person extra special price and amazing views from every room! highly recommended as best value
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Casa Andina US$90.00 p/person
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- MachuPicchu INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- MachuPicchu Sanctuary-Lodge (Belmond) US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes D B)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- Please Note.- if you are travelling by yourself the UP-GRADING cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person! (therefore the upgrade cost based on single occupancy are below… ).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 60.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town $70.00
- Hotel Killa Inn $80.00
- Hotel Santuario $115.00
- Hotel Andina Luxury $90.00
- Hotel El Mapi- INKATERRA $170.00
- Hotel Casa Andina $170.00
- Hotel Sumaq $400.00
- MachuPicchu INKATERRA $420.00
- MachuPicchu Sanctuary-Lodge (Belmond) $950.00
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper (Entry record card). You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- Huayna-Picchu mountain versus Machu-Picchu mountain. In case it helps click here for aerial views of the area: AEREALVIEWS
- The permit fee for Huayna-Picchu mountain and Machu-Picchu mountain are exactly the same but permits for Huayna-Picchu mt generally run out quicker in the high season months of June July and August.
- Huayna-Picchu mt has 2 session times one that starts from 7 -8 am and the other that starts from 10 -11am. This does not mean you only have 1 hour to go up and down (as some people like to sit up there for at least 30 minutes). The hour slot is that people must start the hike between 7 am and just before 8am or from 10 am to just before 11 am. Ie you must enter ie pass the initial control checkpoint before the 8 or 11am time accordingly. For Machu Picchu mountain your permit can enter at any time until 11am but you should enter in the morning as it is at least a 3 hrs round trip and you should allow more time if you are not a hiker.
- Machu-Picchu mountain (564 vertical meters (1850 feet) generally takes 3 hours as it is much higher than the Huayna-Picchu mountain (360 vertical metres (1,180 feet) which takes about 1 to 1 and a half hours to climb up and down. Thus the views from Machu-Picchu mountain are considerably better from the higher vantage point looking over not only Machu-Picchu but also Huayna-Picchu mt and the mountains beyond! Also Machu-Picchu mountain is way less crowded !
- Machu-Picchu mountain tends to be a longer climb also with many Inca stairs but less exposed and vertical. Various caves that contained skeletons when found by Hiram Bingham’s expedition are located at the base of Machu-Picchu mountain, leading to the area being called the ‘Upper Cemetery and in the way to the famous Sun´s gate where fininsh the Inca Trail.’
- Huayna-Picchu mountain is to be avoided if you suffer vertigo and both climbs are to be considered dangerous in bad weather.
- If you don’t mind the hotter temperatures, many recommend taking the later time slot (10-11am) for entry to Huayna Picchu mt so that you have more time at the main site for your tour first before the crowds arrive. However if you are returning to Machu-Picchu to do this on a second entry many people say do the early time slot to see the view at first light. In wet season mist may be a hindrance at this time though!
- SAS Travel offer free luggage storage in Hotel Marqueses in Cusco as you are not allow to bring big back packs on the train.
- Enjoy the typical market and Inca town of Pisac in the Sacred Valley tour on Day 1 and watch the sunrise over Machu-Picchu early on the 2nd Day. The best time to visit Machu-Picchu is very early in the morning or late in the day, when the trains have come and gone. This means spending the night in Aguas Calientes town. It`s worth it , at down, the light is especially beautiful and you`ll have the possibility of exploring the sanctuary in some solitude.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 300 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 315 per person. (US$ 300+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 318 per person. (US$ 300+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- Pay a Booking Deposit with WESTERN UNION: US$ 300 per person through in order to Mr: Irwin POMA-FLORES (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org OR pay into our Australia Bank (ask for details via email).
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel -Cusco Peru CONDITIONS OF THE BEST OF CUSCO PACKAGE with Main tour :Sacred Valley, Aguas Calientes, Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu Mt walk "COMBO" Tour 2D/1N The main conditions pertain to this and the conditions for the Hotel Marqueses are at the end of the page.
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- Cost of tour is based on double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers is US $20
- 5.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accomodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 6.- You must carry a clear copy of your passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the tour. You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- Cancelation of tour before bookings and train tickets finalised incurrs no fee in high season this is generally before 2 months in advance of departure.
- Cancelation of tour within 2 months and 1 month before departure incurs a loss of 15% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 1 month and 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 14days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 100% of total tour cost,
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9.- NOT INCLUDED:
- - Lunch on Day 1 in Urubamba Sacred Valley ( 25-45 soles )
- - Lunch on Day 2 in Aguas Calientes ( 25-45 soles )
- - Admission fee for Pisac and Ollantaytambo 70 soles (Tourist ticket) (If you want to see more places in Cusco best to buy the full tourist ticket 10 Day) see Frequently asked questions
- - Hot Springs 10 soles ( US$3).
- 10. Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in “Please Note” on the web page. http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/353/sacred-valley-aguas-calientes-machupicchu-and-huaynapicchu-mt-walk-quotcomboquot-tour-2d1n If you prefer not to do that option let us know immediately and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- 11.Travel insurance is strongly recommended..SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- HOTEL MARQUESES INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS.-
- The HOTEL MARQUESES is great value in a prime safe location, only 1 and 1/2 blocks from the main plaza with a lovely colonial courtyard and refurbished rooms. It has an amazing history going back 400 years which is great for classic photos!
- All rooms are equipped with heating, security boxes, cable T.V and private bathrooms .
- Includes buffet breakfast and free shuttle transfer to and from the airport. Access to an English speaking staff person 24 hours a day.
- Both Delux and Standard Rooms have private bathrooms with 24 hour hot water. Delux rooms have shower and bath and the rooms are very spacious with much more natural lighting and character. They are located in the front courtyard area.
- For those celebrating special occaisions, (maybe a Honeymoon) reserve “The Suite” - Valued at $150 for 2 persons … tastefully furnished spacious rooms !
- The professional staff guarantee you a wonderful, safe and unforgetable visit to Cusco.
- To receive your free transfer from the airport please advise us of the full arrival details at least 3 days before arrival. Please send your flight arrival details (TIME / AIRLINE / FLIGHT #:/ DATE) to us once you have confirmed your flight. We need this information at least 3 days in advance. If you have any last minute flight changes ring (84 from Lima ) 264249 or if international use with country code (+51 84) 264249
- Please note . Even though there are many people waiting around the airport trying to sell tours or hotels on your arrival…we do not have a Marqueses representative inside the airport except for the SAS transfer driver.
- The SAS driver waits for you outside the arrival area with the SAS logo or Marqueses logo on a sign.
- Checkout time is 10.00 am but you are welcome to leave luggage in storage for as long as you like! Breakfast can be served from 05.30 am to 10:30 am
- Reconfirmation of domestic flights is a free service but please give the reception the details of your flight at least 2 days in anticipation so it can be reconfirmed and your shuttle transfer to the airport organised for you. We need your airline flight # and reservation code if you can find it. With Lan Peru flights you can do an online checkin select your seats and print out your boarding pass to allow your transfer to the airport to be organised for only 1 hour in advance. Otherwise with other airlines or without your boarding pass check in for domestic flights is required just under 2 hours before departure so we would need organise the transfer to the airport for around 2 hours before your flight time. Without the information in advance we may not be able to accommodate your transfer to the airport so please ensure you advise reception of your details early in your stay.
- If you are feeling exceptionally ill for the altitude or any other health issue we generally contact Cusco Medical Assistance located in Av La Paz phone :224016 or 224178 and they work directly with people travel insurance to make things a bit easier.
- Please note all rooms in the hotel are considered a smoke free zone. The open Colonial courtyard is the only area which is permitted for smoking to protect the art and historical items of the building. Please feel free to use the book exchange in the second patio.
- If you are unsure of anything that cannot be clarified easily through the hotel,
- You can also ask Reception to contact Robyn to assist in English at any time.
- FAILURE to contact the hotel at least 48 hours in advance to inform of a cancellation will result in a no show which authorizes the charge of the first nights accommodation. For bookings in June July and August cancellations must be confirmed at least 4 days in advance to avoid cancellation fees. (+51 84) 264249
- In the case of a booking that reserves more than 3 rooms (ie group) a cancellation must be received by the hotel 5 days in advance to avoid a no show charge.