US$ 560.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
US$ 20.00 Discount to student or childs
Single Supplement US$ 70.00
Add Vistadome train service return way US$50 pp (in and return US$ 90 pp)
Option to Up-grade accomm in Aguas Calientes: Hotel Wiracocha, Andina Luxury or Mapi Inkaterra.
If you are so unfortunate to have too little time to enjoy all that majestic Cusco has to offer then don`t despair, you can still see the best of it even if you only have 4 days. Of course we would say you need more time to enjoy and acclimatise but Machu Picchu is actually in the lower altitudes so by ensuring you rest for 2 full hours on arrival to Cusco you should be OK. Please ensure you can take one of the early flights on day 1. If you would like assistance with domestic flights, a quote or for us to arrange electronic tickets for you just let us know.
Is it for me?
this package has been very popular and often people use it as a jumping off point for discovering the rest of Peru. It has been created for people with a minimum of time but most people add a pre tour accomodation for the day before the tour to allow them time to recover from their journey to Peru. One extra night pre accomodation is $40 per person and of course the transfer from the airport is organised for this day so please consider this as a recommendation!
If you want something really unforgetable for the overnight in Machu Picchu town Aguas Calientes and have the money I would certainly suggest going for the upgrade option of five star Hotel Sumaq. US$ 220 upgrade per person based on 2 people but is a very special offer as the hotel is actually valued at US$ 600 for a room for 2 people.
if you would like this upgrade please quote it in your reservation and remember it is only until Sept 1st
Tourist bus and Train
The Best of Cusco 4 Day / 3 Night. (No trek -Deluxe tour)
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TOUR.
- Permits for Machupicchu citadel and train tickets are limited, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... You must book and pay a deposit well in advance... so we can guarantee your spots. For high season (May to October, 4-3 months in advance.) (Low season (November to April, 2-1 months in advance.)
- ENJOY THE WALK TO HUAYNAPICCHU.- (2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in Please Note. If you prefer not to do that option let us know in your reservation and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- HOW TO BOOK.- Choose your preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) at the Calendar (left side) Fill in your details and group as requested and you will generate a reservation code Pay an online deposit of US$ 300.00 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or through Paypal to SAS Travel Peru.. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information. (If after booking your tour and you don´t receive an email from us please check out your spam box.)
The Best of Cusco 4 Day / 3 Night. USD$ 540.00 pp. in Double accomm.
DAILY DEPARTURES !! : US$ 520.00 per person in Triple accommodation.
Day 1: Reception in Cusco. Transfer to Hotel Marqueses. Cusco Tour.
Day 2: Sacred Valley tour. Pisac, 2 HrsTrain to Aguas Calientes.
Day 3: Tour at Machupicchu. Train return to Cusco. Hotel Marqueses.
Day 4: Good Bye Cusco. Transfer to the airport. (end of services).
FREE Up-GRADE to our Deluxe or Suite room at MARQUESES Boutique Hotel. in this tour for early bookings (5-2 months in advance.)
This tour include the Highlights in Cusco, is a combination of the City tour, Sacred Valley Tour and the Classic Train tour to Machu Picchu with the chance to stay for the sunrise at the top lookout point,, so for those who only have 3 Days to experience these sights rather than 4, it is a must. Combined with the charms of 2 nights in the Marqueses Boutique Hotel it is a perfect way to see Cusco as you are in the safe tourist district and any spare time you have on Day 1 or 4 finds you in the midst of the most beautiful combination of Inca and Colonial architecture to souvenir shop or add some amazing photos to your collection.
What is Included:
- Reception and transfers from Cusco´s Airport
- 2 Nights in Boutique Hotel Marqueses Cusco.
- Cusco and Inca Sites guided tour. 2pm to 6pm.
- Sacred Valley tour with Lunch in Urubamba.
- Machupicchu guided tour with Expedition Train.
- (Train Tickets,Bus tickets, Entrance fees for Machupicchu).
- Huayna Picchu permit when booked well in advance before they run out
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Private room.
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner.
What is not Included:
- (Cusco Tourist Ticket US$60 per person) (50% for students with ISIC card).Entries for City and Sacred Valley tour, Koricancha, Cathedral and other sites.
- Meals and drinks where are not indicated.
- Includes the admission to Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center in the 3rd block of Sol Avenue, presentation everynight from 7:00 pm.
We recommend that you bring
- For the main tour you only need to carry a small day pack (Peru Rail's luggage limit is 5-6kgs)
- Water to drink 1.5 Lt
- Rain jacket/poncho
- Change of clothes
- Basic toiletries
- Sun lotion/sunscreen, hat for sun
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- Extra money.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- Up-Grading Hotels in Aguas Calientes. (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -Inkaterra US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Inkaterra US$ 260.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- Belmond Machupicchu Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- Please note if you are travelling by yourself the Up-Grading cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person.
- IMPORTANT: You must bring and present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations.
- BOX LUNCH.- Hostel Viajeros offers box lunches to take to Machu Picchu but you must request this on your first day or in the office Cost is US$10 pp. Includes: 2 sandwichs ( eg: chicken and salad and ham and cheese) vegetarian (salad roll and cheese and tomato and avocado or made to your request) 750 ml bottle of water or 750 ml bottle of soda/ cool drink, one fruit (mandarine or banana) chocolate or packet biscuits.
- Huayna-Picchu mountain versus Machu-Picchu mountain. In case it helps click here for aerial views of the area: AEREALVIEWS
- The permit fee for Huayna-Picchu mountain and Machu-Picchu mountain are exactly the same but permits for Huayna-Picchu mt generally run out quicker in the high season months of June July and August.
- Huayna-Picchu mt has 2 session times one that starts from 7 -8 am and the other that starts from 10 -11am. This does not mean you only have 1 hour to go up and down (as some people like to sit up there for at least 30 minutes). The hour slot is that people must start the hike between 7 am and just before 8am or from 10 am to just before 11 am. Ie you must enter ie pass the initial control checkpoint before the 8 or 11am time accordingly. For Machu Picchu mountain your permit can enter at any time until 11am but you should enter in the morning as it is at least a 3 hrs round trip and you should allow more time if you are not a hiker.
- Machu-Picchu mountain (564 vertical meters (1850 feet) generally takes 3 hours as it is much higher than the Huayna-Picchu mountain (360 vertical metres (1,180 feet) which takes about 1 to 1 and a half hours to climb up and down. Thus the views from Machu-Picchu mountain are considerably better from the higher vantage point looking over not only Machu-Picchu but also Huayna-Picchu mt and the mountains beyond! Also Machu-Picchu mountain is way less crowded !
- Machu-Picchu mountain tends to be a longer climb also with many Inca stairs but less exposed and vertical. Various caves that contained skeletons when found by Hiram Bingham’s expedition are located at the base of Machu-Picchu mountain, leading to the area being called the ‘Upper Cemetery and in the way to the famous Sun´s gate where fininsh the Inca Trail.’
- Huayna-Picchu mountain is to be avoided if you suffer vertigo and both climbs are to be considered dangerous in bad weather.
- If you don’t mind the hotter temperatures, many recommend taking the later time slot (10-11am) for entry to Huayna Picchu mt so that you have more time at the main site for your tour first before the crowds arrive. However if you are returning to Machu-Picchu to do this on a second entry many people say do the early time slot to see the view at first light. In wet season mist may be a hindrance at this time though!
- SAS Travel offer free luggage storage in Hotel Marqueses in Cusco as you are not allow to bring big back packs on the train.
- Enjoy the typical market and Inca town of Pisac in the Sacred Valley tour on Day 1 and watch the sunrise over Machu-Picchu early on the 2nd Day. The best time to visit Machu-Picchu is very early in the morning or late in the day, when the trains have come and gone. This means spending the night in Aguas Calientes town. It`s worth it , at down, the light is especially beautiful and you`ll have the possibility of exploring the sanctuary in some solitude.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 300 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 315 per person. (US$ 300+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 318 per person. (US$ 300+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- Send us your arrival details at your best convenience.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco.
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed
- 4.- Cost of tour is based on double occupancy. (There is a single supplement for solo travelers).
- 5.- Please note Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accommodation this can be organized, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see: Recommendations:
- 6.- Bring your Passport to Machupicchu tour, all Hotels with require to make a copy of your passports. Hotel Marqueses offer storage for your buggages.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalized this incurs a furhter administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT:
- Cancelation of tour before bookings and train tickets finalized incurrs no fee in high season this is generally before 2 months in advance of departure.
- Cancelation of tour within 2 months and 1 month before departure incurs a loss of 15% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 1 month and 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 14 days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 100% of total tour cost,
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance
- 9.- NOT INCLUDED:
- Lunch on Day 1 in Urubamba Sacred Valley ( 25-45 soles )
- Lunch on Day 2 in Aguas Calientes ( 25-45 soles )
- Admission fee for Pisac and Ollantaytambo 70 soles (Tourist ticket) (If you want to see more places in Cusco best to buy the full tourist ticket.
- Hot Springs 10 soles ( US$3).
- 10.- Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in “Please Note” on the web page. http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/353/sacred-valley-aguas-calientes-machupicchu-and-huaynapicchu-mt-walk-quotcomboquot-tour-2d1n If you prefer not to do that option let us know immediately and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- 11.- Travel insurance is strongly recommended..SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.