Cusco, Sacred Valley, Maras, Moray & Salt mines,Classic Inca Trail hike. 8Day/7N.
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Inca Trail Classic hike are so limited every year... only 200 permits are available per day -FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.... You must book and pay a deposit well in advance... so we can secure your spots. (For high season from May to October, 6-5 months in advance. Low season November to April, 4-3 months in advance.) As this package includes the 4 Day Inca trail trek in which permits availability are limited you must ensure first there are still permits available in our website Click here: INCA TRAIL AVAILABILITY
- COUPLES or GROUP BOOKING: Choose the tour of your preference and departure date, fill out your personal details on Step 2, then below fill out details of your group if is the case in Traveling with: once you have finalized you will receive a Reservation Code (Purchase number) to pay a booking deposit with. For any assistance Call or Skype us and we can confirm your permits in only few minutes with our english/french speaking staff.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- (Those trekkers who want to climb the Huaynapicchu Mt. once they finished Inca Trail trek need to pay a deposit ONLINE of US$ 75.00 per person (US$ 40.00 pp for students with ISIC green student card) with Master Card or Visa card, so we can purchase your Ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am OR a ticket for the next day, just send us an email.)
- HOW to BOOK.- (Once you have checked availability for Inca Trail). On the calendar (Leaving Dates) Select the month and click on your preferred leaving date (left side). Fill in your details and group details as requested, you will generate a reservation code. Pay inmediately online a deposit of $525 pp on Step 3. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
Program.- Cusco, Sacred Valley guided tour, Maras, Moras & Salt mines guided tour, Classic Inca Trail hike with 6 Kg porterage service. 8 Day / 7 Nights Tour.
Day 1.- Reception at Cusco´s airport and transfer to Hotel Marqueses.
(Afternoon guided Tour to Koricancha, Cathedral, Saqsawaman & Inca sites)
Day 2.- Sacred Valley Tour with Lunch (from 8am to 6pm), Hotel Marqueses.
Day 3.- Maras Moray and Salt mines tour (9am to 4pm).Hotel Marqueses.
Day 4,5,6,7 -4D/3N Inca Trail hike return to Cusco. Hotel Marqueses.
Day 8.- Transfer to the airport or bus terminal. (End of our services).
BOUTIQUE MARQUESES HOTEL Special.-: Free up-grade to our DELUXE ROOM or Suite room in this tour / Package for early bookings (6 months in advance) **
Admire the magical Cusco, The Rome of South America, Saqsaywaman and Qoricancha the golden Inca temple, explore the Sacred Valley with the famous Pisac town and walk to Machupicchu through the Classic Inca Trail trek and reach this secret and beautiful place like the Incas did through the top of the mountains... is a perfect combination for outdoor travelers and adventure seekers, with a lot of flexibility in each tour if you have personal challenges and interests or privacy, you don`t tour with the same people the whole trip. You are very welcome to join us in our trek tour which we consider is a modern age pilgrimage for soul and body which nobody can miss it !!!
Program Itinerary (for more information please CLICK here)
What is Included:
- Transfers in and out from and to the airports in Cusco
- 4 Nights in Hotel Marqueses Cusco with breakfast.
- 3 Nights camping on Inca trail ( 2 person shared tent)
- Tourist vehicles and experts english speaking guides.
- 4 Day/3 Night Inca Trail hike -Group service.
- 6 Kg porterage service.
- Guided tour enroute Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Cusco City guided Tour
- Sacred Valley guided Tour with Lunch
- buses tickets
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes.
- Train return to Cusco (Expedition Class)
- *Bus and train tickets, accommodation in 3 start hotels, excursions with English speaking guides, 24 hours emergency assistance to ensure you have a peace of mind and safe vacation and all in and out transfers to airports, train station or bus terminals. This means when you get off a bus, plane, or train, you will be met by one of our SAS Travel english speaking representatives, who will drive you to your hotel or to your next tour.
What is not Included:
- Flight Tickets Lima-Cusco-Lima
- Cusco Visitors Ticket 165 soles approx US$60 pp
- (for Cusco tour and Sacred Valley tours)
- Single tent US$70 (for single travelers)
- Sleeping Bag extra of US$25
- Hot springs 10 soles, optional.
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport.
- ISIC internatinal student card if applicable.
- Backpack to carry your personal items
- (Mattress, sleeping bag, personal clothes,water for a day, if you hired a porter you need to have a day pack for personal items and water for a day)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 5ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail.
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses.
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent.
- Rain Gear a good rain jacket, rain poncho.
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towe.l
- 2 litre water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site)
- Water purifying tablets is optional, since we provide boiled water or buy it enroute.
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes.
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles.
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles.
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- OPTIONAL : When Inca Trail hike permits are sold out.... start on Day 3 the 5 Day Salkantay-Machupicchu Trek for the same total price as it is an extra night on trail instead of 3 nights in Hotel Marqueses.( Please check Availability before you book and request itinerary )
- See our ALTERNATIVE TREKS in our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for booking with SAS Travel !!!
- Step 1.- CLICK: CONFIRMED GROUP DEPARTURES
- Step 2.- Select your tour and fill in with your personal details.(Please bookings are individually) If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code. But please complete details of your companion or group on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit, pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.
- How to make your deposit and confirm your spots on the tour:
- Step 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: US$ 500.00 p/person through in order to: Juan Carlos VALER SANGA (Peru) Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to confirm your deposit. We will confirm your reservation on the same day.
- Step 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD,VISA or PAYPAL.- US$ 525.00 per person. (US$ 500.00 + 5% card charges). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. As soon as we receive your deposit we will procced purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets and hotel reservations , etc . We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information shortly. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 24 hours please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel - sas.travel.info or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour (7 Days before the date of your tour departure). Make a money transfer with: Western Union in US$ Dollars to: Irwin POMA-FLORES. (Peru). Then please email us the transfer reference number (MTCN), your reservation code and the amount paid to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- FINAL PAYMENT with CARDS.- Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made (2 weeks prior to the Inca Trail) and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- FINAL PAYMENT in our Office.- (7-5 days before the date of your tour departure) in USD$ dollars cash (Please ensure that the USD$ notes are in good condition without small tears.) or in local currency (Peruvian Nuevo Soles (2.90 soles for 1 US$ Dollar). Final payments with credit / debit cards in our Office is with 8% card fee.
Terms & Conditions
- TRAVEL INSURANCE.- We strongly recommend that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- Cusco, Sacred Valley, Maras, Moray & Salt mines,Classic Inca Trail hike. 8D/7N
- PACKAGE with Main tour as Inca Trail 4D/3N service
- SAS TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS: TERMS and CONDITIONS -4 DAY INCA TRAIL TREK TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU.
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is not included in the trek. Due to limited availabilty, (only 400 people per day), we recommend you reserve and pay immediately. If this what you are interested in doing, please let us know as soon as possible make the payment (US$70.00 per adult / US$ 40.00 per student who send an ISIC student card at the time of payment) and please send us a copy of your payment and request to email@example.com.. This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 10:30 after your guided tour of Machupicchu.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekkking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Unless you hire an extra shared porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and a mattress (about 3.8 Kg), personal items, clothing and water for the day to drink, if you want an extra shared porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well or send us an email immediately. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of (US$ 300.00) non refundable Booking fee.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 65.00 pp or with a Vistadome upgrade US $77.00 pp. Simple Accommodation in Aguas Calientes is provided.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machupicchu admission in other tour such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machupicchu, if the entrance dates match, etc .
- 10.- The Inca Trail Classic 4D/3N package includes: Train transport return to Cusco depends on train company availability. The train company only confirm the train schedule option to trekking agencies a few days before a trek for one way tickets from Aguas Calientes in high season dates. The train schedule offered could be anywhere between 4pm and 9pm and usually requires a private bus connection from Ollantaytambo to Cusco provided by SAS Travel. Our preference would be a train departure between 16:30 pm – 5:30 pm but needs to have enough seats available to accommodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter.
- 11.- Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of US$ 10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 12.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 13.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 14.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 15.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 Day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 16.- Travel Insurance.- We srrongly recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- HOTEL MARQUESES INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS.-
- The HOTEL MARQUESES is great value in a prime safe location, only 1 and 1/2 blocks from the main plaza with a lovely colonial courtyard and refurbished rooms. It has an amazing history going back 400 years which is great for classic photos!
- All rooms are equipped with heating, security boxes, cable T.V and private bathrooms .
- Includes buffet breakfast and free shuttle transfer to and from the airport. Access to an English speaking staff person 24 hours a day.
- Both Delux and Standard Rooms have private bathrooms with 24 hour hot water. Delux rooms have shower and bath and the rooms are very spacious with much more natural lighting and character. They are located in the front courtyard area.
- For those celebrating special occaisions, (maybe a Honeymoon) reserve “The Suite” - Valued at $150 for 2 persons … tastefully furnished spacious rooms !
- The professional staff guarantee you a wonderful, safe and unforgetable visit to Cusco.
- To receive your free transfer from the airport please advise us of the full arrival details at least 3 days before arrival. Please send your flight arrival details (TIME / AIRLINE / FLIGHT #:/ DATE) to us once you have confirmed your flight. We need this information at least 3 days in advance. If you have any last minute flight changes ring (84 from Lima ) 264249 or if international use with country code (+51 84) 264249
- Please note . Even though there are many people waiting around the airport trying to sell tours or hotels on your arrival…we do not have a Marqueses representative inside the airport except for the SAS transfer driver.
- The SAS driver waits for you outside the arrival area with the SAS logo or Marqueses logo on a sign.
- Checkout time is 10.00 am but you are welcome to leave luggage in storage for as long as you like! Breakfast can be served from 05.30 am to 10:30 am
- Reconfirmation of domestic flights is a free service but please give the reception the details of your flight at least 2 days in anticipation so it can be reconfirmed and your shuttle transfer to the airport organised for you. We need your airline flight # and reservation code if you can find it. With Lan Peru flights you can do an online checkin select your seats and print out your boarding pass to allow your transfer to the airport to be organised for only 1 hour in advance. Otherwise with other airlines or without your boarding pass check in for domestic flights is required just under 2 hours before departure so we would need organise the transfer to the airport for around 2 hours before your flight time. Without the information in advance we may not be able to accommodate your transfer to the airport so please ensure you advise reception of your details early in your stay.
- If you are feeling exceptionally ill for the altitude or any other health issue we generally contact Cusco Medical Assistance located in Av La Paz phone :224016 or 224178 and they work directly with people travel insurance to make things a bit easier.
- Please note all rooms in the hotel are considered a smoke free zone. The open Colonial courtyard is the only area which is permitted for smoking to protect the art and historical items of the building. Please feel free to use the book exchange in the second patio.
- If you are unsure of anything that cannot be clarified easily through the hotel,
- You can also ask Reception to contact Robyn to assist in English at any time.
- FAILURE to contact the hotel at least 48 hours in advance to inform of a cancellation will result in a no show which authorizes the charge of the first nights accommodation. For bookings in June July and August cancellations must be confirmed at least 4 days in advance to avoid cancellation fees. (+51 84) 264249
- In the case of a booking that reserves more than 3 rooms (ie group) a cancellation must be received by the hotel 5 days in advance to avoid a no show charge.