US$ 380.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Student rate USD$ 360.00 per person with ISIC Student card If you scan it through at the time of payment or before. Single supplement additional USD $20.00 pp.
Tour also includes the famous Huaynapicchu Mt walk while permits are available.
For many high season dates June, July, Aug you need to book about 1-3 months in advance to guarantee the Huaynapicchu Ticket since there is limited availability. For people who book at last minute there may not be any Huaynapicchu permits left and so we can buy the Machu-Picchu mountain permit instead however this is a real trek so if you prefer neither then let us know. Also if you have vertigo you probably don´t want to do Huayna Picchu so just let us know. ( See frequently asked questions for info on both the hikes).
Our tours at Machupicchu start very early to avoid the crowds and before big groups arrives to the Park, (8-16 person approx), a great small group shared experience !! Other tours groups in Machupicchu are with 20-25 person.
Expedition Train, private Bus and van transfers.
If you prefer upgrade to Vistadome train service in and return for this package the cost is USD$460.00 per person.
The transfer time from Cusco is between 5.30 and 5.50 am as the train is Vistadome 31 that departs from Poroy at 6:40am
and the return train we reserve as first preference is the Vistadome 32 that departs from Aguas Calientes at 3:20pm and arrives Poroy at 7pm so with transfer on to Cusco you arrive around 7.30pm
We highly recommend MARQUESES Boutique Hotel in Cusco, it is a beautiful and charming Colonial house built at the end of XVI century that has recently been restored and refurbished, located just one block from Cusco`s mayor Plaza. This great location is part of its popularity, close to all of the most important tourist attractions in the famous capital of Inca`s Empire. Well known for its incomparable hospitality and professional service. We can reserve the hotel and transfers you from the airport on your arrival and back on your return, you will enjoy a safe visit, wonderful attention and be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the Andean Hospitality.
Due to the safe and strategic location you are within easy walking distance of the many historical places, museums, restaurants, cultural, artistic and traditional places of the Imperial Inca City.
SAS Travel Tour Operator & Agency offices are located alongside Hotel Marqueses so we at SAS Travel can assist you at any time.
Machupicchu "SUNRISE" Tour with Huaynapicchu Mt walk 2 Day/1 Night
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TOUR.
- The permits for Machupicchu citadel, Huaynapicchu mountain and train tickets are limited year around, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.... so you must book and pay a deposit shortly so we can ensure a tour. Please send your reservation as soon as possible... (Small group 6-10 ppl for Machu Picchu, guided by expert experienced guides, extra free time for your own exploring)
- HOW TO BOOK: Choose on the Calendar the date of your preference (Leaving Dates) -left side. Select the month and click on your interested date. Fill it out with your personal details, then below fill out details of your group in Traveling with, once you have finalized you will receive an email with a reservation code (Purchase number) to pay online a booking deposit with Visa or MC or through Paypal on Step 3. Booking deposit required US$ 200.00 per person. Or See below for more details in: Booking Information.
- ENJOY THE WALK TO HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- Walking to Huayna Picchu mountain takes 2 Hrs up and down, if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montaña Machu Picchu climb (takes 3-4 hours). This is higher mountain and more kilometers to walk. Also you are free to walk to the Sun´s gate and the Inka bridge. If you prefer not to do that option let us know in your reservation in Notes and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket. See more informations in Notes.
4 Nights for the price of 3 in MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Cusco or FREE Up-grade to Delux rooms for the price of Standard room. To get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $ USD cash. Please book through this website but you must indicate your tour with SAS Travel (This offer is only valid for accomodation dates from JAN 1st 2014 to APRIL 15th 2014). For months May- Aug- Stay 4 Nights FREE Up-Grade to Suite for the price of Delux rooms ..... to get this offer you must quote it at the time of booking and payment is required in $USD cash. email@example.com (Mariella)
2 Day "SUNRISE" Machupicchu experience !!! This option is clearly the most popular as it allows you to have plenty of time in Machupicchu and most importantly early in the morning to first encounter Machu Picchu as the sun rises over the high mountains encircling it....notice that visitors who take the 1 Day tour unfortunately will spend more hours inside the train, travelling... than spending time visiting Machupicchu...we highly recommend this 2 Day "SUNRISE" tour so you can discover this sanctuary. Machu Picchu is partly located in the Andes and partly in the Amazon rainforest, and it is characterized by tropical vegetation. The invaluable archaeological heritage of the Machu Picchu Historic Sanctuary combines magnificently with the splendid natural surroundings that are the habitat for unique species of flora and fauna, some of them threatened with extinction.
Machupicchu recently declared as one of the 7 Wonders of the New World is not a place to stay only for few hours, after a 4 hours classic train, with espectacular andes, mountains and jungle views.
What is Included:
- Transfer from your Hotels to the Train Station at 06:40 am.
- Expedition Train ticket from Poroy St -Aguas Calientes with reserved seats
- Accommodation in private room at Hostel Viajeros or Hostel Muyurina.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner on Day 1 and 1 Breakfast on Day 2
- Bus Ticket up to Machupicchu Sanctuary on Day 2
- Guided tour on Day 2 with an expert tour guide (6-12 max 16)
- Admission fee for Machupicchu Sanctuary on Day 2
- with Huayna Picchu permit if booked well in advance.
- Bus Ticket down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Poroy / or Ollanta.
What is not Included:
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Lunch and Dinner on Day 2nd
- Drinks or snacks
- Hot Springs 10 soles Optional (US$3)
- Single Supplement for single/solo travelers US$20 per room
- Tips for your guide.
We recommend that you bring
- You only need to carry a small day pack with water bottle, camera, rain jacket/poncho, change of clothes, basic toiletries, sun hat/sunscreen, insect repellent, torch, comfortable sturdy shoes, sport shoes or hiking boots, extra money.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- Up-Grading Hotels in Aguas Calientes. (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -Inkaterra US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Inkaterra US$ 260.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- Belmond Machupicchu Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Dinner and Breakfast).
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- Please note if you are travelling by yourself the Up-Grading cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person.
- IMPORTANT: You must bring and present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations.
- BOX LUNCH.- Hostel Viajeros offers box lunches to take to Machu Picchu but you must request this on your first day or in the office Cost is US$10 pp. Includes: 2 sandwichs ( eg: chicken and salad and ham and cheese) vegetarian (salad roll and cheese and tomato and avocado or made to your request) 750 ml bottle of water or 750 ml bottle of soda/ cool drink, one fruit (mandarine or banana) chocolate or packet biscuits.
- Montana or Cerro Machu Picchu vs Huayna Picchu
- In case it helps I found this link with aerial views of the views from Mountain Machu Picchu and from Huayna Picchu plus much more.
- The permit fee for Montana Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu are exactly the same but permits for Huayna Picchu generally run out quicker in the high season months of June July and Aug.
- Huayna Picchu has 2 session times one that starts from 7 -8 am and the other that starts from 10 -11am. This does not mean you only have 1 hour to go up and down (as some people like to sit up there for at least 30 mins). The hour slot is that people must start the hike between 7 am and just before 8am or from 10 am to just before 11 am. Ie you must enter ie pass the initial control checkpoint before the 8 or 11am time accordingly. For Montana Machu Picchu your permit can enter at any time until 11am but you should enter in the morning as it is at least a 3 hr round trip and you should allow more time if you are not a hiker.
- Montana or Cerro Machu Picchu (564 vertical meters (1850 ft) generally takes 3 hours as it is much higher than the Huayna Picchu (360 metres (1,180 ft) which takes about 1 to 1 and a half hours to climb up and down. Thus the views from Montana Machu Picchu are considerably better from the higher vantage point looking over not only Machu Picchu but also Huayna Picchu and the mountains beyond! Also Montana Machu Picchu is way less crowded!
- Montana Machu Picchu tends to be a longer climb also with many inca stairs but less exposed and vertical. Various caves that contained skeletons when found by Hiram Bingham’s expedition are located at the base of Cerro Machu Picchu, leading to the area being called the ‘Upper Cemetery.’
- Huayna Picchu is to be avoided if you suffer vertigo and both climbs are to be considered dangerous in bad weather.
- If you don’t mind the hotter temperatures, many recommend taking the later time slot (10-11am) for entry to Huayna Picchu so that you have more time at the main site for your tour first before the crowds arrive. However if you are returning to Machu Picchu to do this on a second entry many people say do the early time slot to see the view at first light. In wet season mist may be a hinderance at this time though!
- Bring your original passport if you would like the classic Machu Picchu stamp.
- Be ready for your transfer from your hotel 45 mins before the train departure so as not to delay the transfer of other passengers.
- Bring your ISIC student card at the time of paying your remaining balance at our office in Cusco, and bring it to Machupicchu to show it at the entrance of the Park.
- Your entrance ticket to Machu Picchu is valid for the 2nd day.
- Peru Rail luggage allowance is a small day-pack ( 5-6 kgs).
- Your expedition train will be arriving to Aguas Calientes before mid-day.
- Walks to Mandor waterfall or climb to Putucusi mountain, visit the hot springs.
- A SAS representant will meet you at the Train station arrival area with a sign of SAS Travel / Hotel Viajeros to walk for 4 minutes to Hotel Viajeros,
- At dinner time your guide will offer a short briefing for plans your next day tour at Machu-picchu.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 200 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 210 per person. (US$ 200+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 200.00 per person. (Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.).
- 3.- For group booking and payments please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco.
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- Cost of tour is based on double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers is US $20.00
- 5.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accommodation this can be organized, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see: Recommendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 6.- You must carry a clear copy of your passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the tour. You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalized this incurs a further administration charge of $15.00 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT: Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel. The charges are shown below:
- a.- Cancelation of tour once you have received a confirmation of tour incurs a loss of the booking deposit US$200.00 per person (non-refundable deposit.)
- b.- Cancelation of tour 60 days before the date of tour departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost
- c.- Cancelation of tour 59 to 30 days before the date of tour departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost
- d.- Cancelation of tour 29 days before the date of tour departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost.
- Full Travel Insurance is considered mandatory, which includes cover, under most circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- 9.- NOT INCLUDED:
- - Breakfast on Day 1
- - Lunch on Day 2 in Aguas Calientes ( 25-45 soles )
- - Hot Springs 10 soles ( US$3).
- - Drinks or snacks
- - Single Supplement for single/solo travelers US$20 per room
- 10. Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in “Please Note” on the web page. http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/353/sacred-valley-aguas-calientes-machupicchu-and-huaynapicchu-mt-walk-quotcomboquot-tour-2d1n If you prefer not to do that option let us know immediately and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- 11.- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended. SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- Note: All itineraries are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control including, weather, road or trail conditions and flight schedules.