Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
US$ 1,190.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Unfortunately permits for Inca Trail trek are fully booked in June but we can still offer you this package with Inti Raymi festival with Lares trek instead which is an awesome trek which include Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu.
Price for children or with valid ISIC student card is less US$60
"... The roads of the Incas were the most useful and stupendous works ever executed by man. " Alexander Von Humboldt
The Inca Trail is the most famous hike in South America – perhaps the world – and a must-do and one of the biggest highlights of your trip to Peru. Best known as it treks through a range of spectacular Inca ruins along its path. The stunning scenery spanning through altitudes in the valley from 2700m to mountain passes of 4200m is breath-taking, with views of snow capped mountains. Finally passing through the cloud forest to arrive to the majestic Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu itself . The trek will prove unforgetable not just for the stunning sights but the experiences of being accompanied by the warmth, knowledge and expertise of SAS Travel the Peruvian tour operator who support you in this trek.
SAS Travel is a responsible, reliable and reputable Tour Operator for nearly two decades, offering “high quality tours with an special personal touch” exceeding expectation of hundreds of clients now friends, thanks to a full time dedicated and well motivated proffesional staff, that treat its porters well and with respect, promoting a possitive impact in the Andean communities and pioneers respecting the environment but overall offering the highest possible quality treks and tours services within Peru.
4 times rewarded and recognized by Tourism Ministry Dircetur Cusco.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
INTI RAYMI 2017, Inca Trail 4 Day and Cusco 8D/7N -Group Service.
Please Note.- Inca TrailTrek permits are sold out in June this year but we can offer you this Tour with a great Alternative Trek: Lares Valles & Short Incas Trail 4 Day or Salkantay Trek 4 Day.
Find more information here:
4 Day Lares Trek and Short Inca Trail or 4 Day Salkantay Trek
To confirm book online and pay a desosit with your reservation code.
FREE guided walking tour at Mercado Central. FREE presentation of folk Music and Dances.
What is Included:
- Transfer from Airport
- 4 Nights Hotel Marqueses with Breakfast.
- 4 Day Inca Trail trek or (Lares & Short Inca Trail 4 Day) -Group Service.
- Sacred Valley Tour with Luncg -Group Service.
- Inti Raymi Sun`s Festival, lunch included.
- Transfers in and out.
What is not Included:
- Flight Tickets
- Admission Ticket for Sacred Valley Tour 70 Soles and
- Extra porter on Inca trail $ 80.00 for 9 Kg (half porter)
- Sleeping Bag $25.00
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A daypack (SAS provide a duffle bag for personal porter)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs for hikers with an extra night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel at the office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDE: Tourist Buses and De Luxe Expedition train tickets, accommodation, excursions with English speaking guides, 24 hours emergency assistance to ensure you have a peace of mind and safe vacation and all in and out transfers to airports, train station or bus terminals. This means when you get off a bus, plane, or train, you will be met by one of our SAS Travel english speaking representatives, who will drive you to your hotel or to your next tour. ( Breakfast in all your Hotels, Meals are included when are indicated)
- PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE: International air fares to Peru, meals other than those specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, and tips. Entrance fees to the archaeological sites in the tours (165 Soles or US$ 65) to pay directly to controlers.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend you to obtain a personal Travel Insurance, including Medical Problems, Baggage loss or damage. If you need help to find a travel Insurance Company please let us know. Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- AVAILABILITY: This tour start on JUNE 22nd or Days before.
- Step 1.- CLICK ON: BOOKING YOUR TOUR
- Step 2.- Select a tour and complete your personal details.(Registration is personal) If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book together and pay your booking deposit with one reservation code. But please complete details of your companion or group on lines below: Travelling with: (Please write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay a booking deposit, pay for 2 or more person in your group with 1 reservation code so we can secure all of you in a same group together.
- Step 3.2- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD or VISA.-US$ 315.00 per person. (US$ 300.00 plus 5% card charge.)
- PAY WITH PAYPAL.- US$ 300.00 per person (include 6%)
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid 7 days prior your tour in US$ Dollars cash or Peruvian soles (Exchange rate 3.50 Soles for US$1). Payments with credit / debit cards are accepted with a commission of 8%,
- Final payments of your tour IN ADVANCE with card it is possible, it will be with 5% extra.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE 4 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU (Minimum with 8 person.)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 65 y/o, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Payment of your balance in the Cusco SAS office is requested in cash. US $ is easier but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.0 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 8% commission.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2011-12 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 5.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is US$15.
- 6.- Unless you hire an extra porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and the mattress. if you want an extra porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well.
- 7.- a).- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of US$200 non refundable, non transferible for other tour or person.
- 7.- b).- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 7.- c).- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 7.- d).- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here.
- 7.- e).- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost... However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 46 or with a Vistadome upgrade US$71
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
- 9.- 4 Days / 3 Nights package includes transport to Cusco, the train return depends on train company availability. Our preference would be a train departure between 4pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accomodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter. So there may be some slight variability around those dates and full high season, for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10.- Permit for Huayna Picchu cannot be purchased by SAS for inca trail customers and must be purchased directly from the INC website. http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe In our additional options we have outlined the steps but if you need any help just skype sas.travel
- 11.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger. If you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund from the original payment, however we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- 12.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 15.- Final balance in Cusco need to be paid in US$ cash, there will be a * 3% comission if you choose to use Travellers cheques and a 8% comission for use of credit card (MC,Visa,Amex).
- I have read and accept the conditions. Signature and Date.