US$ 760.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Student price US$ 720.00 pp (with ISIC international student card)
"... The roads of the Incas were the most useful and stupendous works ever executed by man. " Alexander Von Humboldt
The Inca Trail is the most famous hike in South America – perhaps the world – and a must-do and one of the biggest highlights of your trip to Peru. Best known as it treks through a range of spectacular Inca ruins along its path. The stunning scenery spanning through altitudes in the valley from 2700m to mountain passes of 4200m is breath-taking, with views of snow capped mountains. Finally passing through the cloud forest to arrive to the majestic Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu itself . The trek will prove unforgetable not just for the stunning sights but the experiences of being accompanied by the warmth, knowledge and expertise of SAS Travel the Peruvian tour operator who support you in this trek.
SAS Travel is a responsible, reliable and reputable Tour Operator for nearly two decades, offering “high quality tours with an special personal touch” exceeding expectation of hundreds of clients now friends, thanks to a full time dedicated and well motivated proffesional staff, that treat its porters well and with respect, promoting a possitive impact in the Andean communities and pioneers respecting the environment but overall offering the highest possible quality treks and tours services within Peru.
4 times rewarded and recognized by Tourism Ministry Dircetur Cusco.
The Machupicchu Historical Sanctuary was created in 1981, with an area of 32,592 hectares. In 1983 it was designated by UNESCO as both a Natural and Cultural World Heritage site in the western hemisphere.
Distance: 45 Km / 28 Miles
Duration: 4 or 5 Days
When to go: The best time to visit is April through October, it’s
the busy season (especially June to August), but it’s also the
Altitude: 2680m/8817ft to 4200m/13818ft
Difficulty: &quot;The trek is rated moderate, any reasonably fit
person should be able to cover the route&quot;
Temperatures: From minus 4ºC to 28ºC
Note that the Inca Trail is closed February.
Cusco Tourist Ticket (Boleto Turistico) this visitors ticket costs 130 soles approx US$45 (half price for students) and is valid for 10 days..
The full Cusco Tourist Ticket ticket allows you entry to 15 sites These sites which are part of the City tour are Sacsayhuaman / Qenko/Puca Pucara/Tambo Machay and these sites which are visited in the Sacred Valley tour are Pisac/Ollantaytambo/Chinchero plus other sites in Cusco such as Religious Art Museum / Church of San Blas / Regional History Museum The entrance to Moray is included on the full ticket and is used when doing the mountain biking tour Cusco Tourist Ticket is sold at the sites themselves and can be bought on the day of tour if you like.
Note this ticket does not include: Entrance to Koricancha (or Qorikancha) 10 soles Entrance to Cathedral 25 soles (the visit of the Cathedral is optional as many people prefer not to visit now that it is more expensive so there is the option to have afternoon tea in a restored Colonial house / hotel if you prefer during this part of the City tour) Cusco Tourist Ticket also includes the admission to the Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center in the 3rd block of Sol Avenue, presentation everynight from 7:00 pm Alternatively you can purchase a partial ticket for 70 soles which allows a one day only visit of just the 4 Archeological sites if you are not planning to visit any of the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros or a one day only partial ticket to visit the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros ( Moray ) if you are not going to have time to visit the 4 Archeological sites of Saqsayhuaman /Qenqo /Pucapucara /Tambomachay.
The partial ticket for 70 soles does not allow for any further discount for ISIC card holders. Student partial ticket cost is also 70 soles
Inca Trail & Sacred Valley 5Day/4Night -Group Service
Last Minute Information
- Inca Trail trek permits are limited every year (only 200 spots are offered daily) and there is a high demand for this trek, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... you must book and pay a deposit (downpayment) in advance, so we can apply and secure your spots. (For high season (April to November 8-6 months in advance.) on (Low season December to March 4-3 months in advance.) Permits and spots in our group are available on few days on March, (on April, May, June, July and most days on August are fully booked...then on September, October, November and December 2016 are available. (Short Inca Trail 2 Day or 3 Day version are available from March to December). Alternative Treks to Salkantay 5 Day or Lares Valley 4 Day are available from March to October.)
- HOW TO BOOK.- Permits for Inca Trail trek are getting fully book quickly... we strongly advise that you make a booking and pay a downpayment asap... (BEFORE BOOKING ON THE CALENDAR PLEASE): CHECK AVAILABILITY HERE OR Register your details on Step 2 , generate a code to pay a downpayment on Step 3 with Visa or MC (US$ 315 per person) or pay with PayPal to SAS Travel Peru (US$ 318 per person). See more directions on: Booking Information
- PLEASE NOTE.- This availability page is only for Inca trail treks,(2 or 3 Day version of short Inca Trail are available from March to December.) Alternative treks as 5 Day Salkantay, 4 Day Lares Trek, 3 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek and Manu jungle trips ...for all other tours and treks shown in our webpage we offer Daily Departures permits are not necessary so book directly on the page of the tour and pay a deposit (downpayment) online.
- Ticket for Huaynapicchu Mt.- (This walk will be closed from April 1st to 15th on 2016). If you would like to walk the Huaynapicchu mountain after the guided tour at Machupicchu, please let us know asap and add to your booking deposit, passes are also limited... the admission is USD$ 75 per person so we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am. (for students with ISIC card USD$40 pp). OR book this option: 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu mt
- SPECIAL: 7 Day / 6 Night Classic Inca Trail trek, Cusco and Hotel Marqueses Package. Cusco, Sacred Valley, Classic Inca Trail hike with 6 Kg porterage service. Bookings for Dec 2015 and tours on 2016. Find more information here: 7 Day Classic Inca Trail Package USD$ 920.00 per person (Based in Double accommodation). Free up-grade to Deluxe or Suite room at MARQUESES Hotel in Cusco.*
SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
Guided tour at famous Sacred Valley,night in Ollantaytambo for a best acclimatization previous your trek and you don´t need to wake-up so early for your the hike.
Visit, explore and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.
Knowledgeable, friendly, fun and supportive mountain guides, expert and experienced cooks and porters. Small groups specialits, Delicious Peruvian meals.
Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
Special snack and Buffet lunch on day 4th (final day).
100% Operated by SAS Travel, we never put you with other tour operators.
What is Included:
- Sacred Valley tour (From 08:30 am to 16:00 Hrs), Bus and english speaking guide. Buffet Lunch in Urubamba. Hotel SolPeru in Ollantaytambo (Double or Triple rooms).Dinner not included.
- Pick-up from your Hotel at Ollantaytambo from (07:30 -8am) .
- Private bus to km 82 –Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- Full board meals for the entire tour (5 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 4 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cook, assistants.
- Permit for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table,stools and cooking gear.
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent (clean,new spacious 4 person dome igloo tent)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- Toilet tent with biodegradable system.
- 3-4 guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snack at Machupicchu before your tour.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu tour.
- Accommodation in private room in Aguas Calientes with Breakfast. Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Tourist Expedition train at 16:00 Hrs return to Cusco train Station. (Poroy Station 25 minutes near Cusco.)
What is not Included:
- Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket 70 soles per person.
- Down Sleeping bag -8°C
- Thermal rest Inflatable mattress
- Personal porter
- A pair of Trekking poles US$20 for entire trek.
- Hot Shower on 3rd night (5 soles), Hot Springs (10 soles)
- Tips for your staff, guides, cooks, porters etc. ( US$30-US$40 approx )
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:
- Personal porter for 8 Kg US $80.00 We lend a porter duffle bag.
- Down sleeping bag minus 8 ºC (US$ 25.00 for the entire trek)
- Inflatable Thermal-rest mattress US$25.00 for entire trek.
- Single tent US$ 70.00 (If you travel solo and is your choice.)
- Trekking poles US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek)
- Backpack (30 Liters) US$ 20.00 (For the entire trek )
- Huaynapicchu ticket $70.00 pp (Book in advance).
- Vistadome Train + car return to Cusco (Up-grade train return) extra USD$ 60.00 per person. (This service generally departs at 15:25 pm from Aguas Calientes Station and arrives at 18:40 pm to Poroy (Cusco) Train Station then a 30 minutes private vehicle to Cusco.)
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport and original ISIC student card if applicable : imperative
- A Backpack
- Sleeping bag -8º C
- Hiking boots
- Trekking poles:
- Warm clothes : layers for variable temperature especially at night.
- Thermals : Gloves / scarf : wool socks / woolen hat for cold nights:
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for a comfortable day walks
- Flash light : head torch
- Camera and extra batteries
- Sunprotection : sunscreen : sun hat and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit / insect repellent :
- Rain Gear: poncho/ a good rain jacket :
- Toiletries / toilet paper / small towel
- 2 litre water bottle : disposable water bottles are not permited in Machu Picchu site.
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc ( soles or dollars )
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs.
- WHAT TO CHOOSE ???
- 1.- Inca Trail 4 Days/ 4Nights with overnigth at Aguas Calientes town -Group Service.: This is exactly the same 4 Day/3Night tour but the advantage is you can spend few more hours or the entire 4th day till 5pm in Machu Picchu site and not have to come down early for a 4.5 hours train journey back to Cusco at the end of this long day .... Instead you can relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes town in the evening and the package includes your dinner on Day 4 and your breakfast on Day 5th plus a room with private bathroom for only US$ 30.00 extra per person, (organize a pack lunch for Machupicchu with your guide so you don´t need to go down earlier ). The train journey is incredible beautiful so you want to be able to appreciate this in day light hours, the train will depart Aguas Calientes just before 9:00 am and arrives to Ollantaytambo at 11.30 am then you can enjoy visiting this charming town before taking a bus to Cusco from here. (Transport to Cusco 10 Soles bus not included.) From bus terminal 50 meter near train station.
- 2.- Inca Trail plus Huaynapicchu mt. and Aguas Calientes town 5 Days/ 4Nights.- We definitely believe that if you are doing the Inca Trail trek and also want to climb Huaynapicchu mountain then your best value for money if you have 5 Days is this option. This programe is for those people who want to do the Inca Trail trek, stay overnight in Aguas Calientes town, enjoy the hot springs pools, second visit of Machupicchu and walk the Huayna Picchu mountain on day 5th.(The Peruvian Cultural Institute INC, still does not allow for people with an Inca Trail permit to simply add the Huaynapicchu permit . They only sell the Huaynapicchu permit combined with a Machupicchu entrance fee so is costly.) To get the best value from this you should stay the night in Aguas Calientes and re-visit Machupicchu the next day with your walk up Huaynapicchu mountain done then as you also get that full extra day in Machupicchu. This is especially a good opportunity in wet season giving you a second opportunity to see Machu Picchu in good clear weather ! So this package includes the second entrance to Machu Picchu on the 5th Day and permit to walk Huaynapicchu mountain and train in the afternoon back to Cusco arriving around 9:00 pm on your 5th Day. (Guide, Bus tickets on Day 5th and Lunch are not included).
- 3.-Inca Trail Classic 4 Day/3Night -Group Service plus Huaynapicchu mt. ticket permit for Day 4th.- If you only have 4 Days and want to walk Huaynapicchu mountain during your day and after your guided tour in Machupicchu, as if you want to ask our assistance in organizing the permit for Huaynapicchu included in your tour you will need to make the deposit for Inca Trail Classic 4Day/3Nigh + Huaynapicchu mountain ticket permit for Day 4 at 11:00 am as US$370.00 cash sending with Western Union or with credit/debit card plus 5% then $385.00 p/person and you must make this clear in writing so we include this ticket. (US$ 30.00 less if you have valid ISIC student card).
- What is HUAYNAPICCHU mountain walk.-. Huaynapicchu is the steep mountain, towering above the north end Machupicchu, often the backdrop to many photos of the ruins. It looks a bit daunting from below, but while steep, it's not an unusually difficult ascent, and most reasonably fit persons shouldn't have a problem. Stone steps are laid along most of the path, and in the steeper sections steel cables provide a supporting handrail. That said, expect to be out of breath, and take care in the steeper portions, especially when wet, as it can become dangerous quickly. There's a tiny cave near the top that must be passed through, it is quite low and a rather tight squeeze. Take care at the peak, it can be somewhat precarious, and those afraid of heights may want to hang out just below. For most trekkers the wiews are awesome and inspiring. There's also a few ruins near the top. If visiting these ruins, you'll see a second way to start making your descent down the mountain, along some very steep and shallow steps.... these steps are a bit dangerous if wet, but the hike may be well worthwhile. This hike is one of your best bets for getting away from Machu Picchu crowds. Access to Huaynapicchu is limited to 400 visitors per day split In 2 sessions one at 7:00 am and the other at 11.00 am. The 11.00 am time slot is the most popular and so for high season may have to be booked a month in advance and fit just after your group guided tour of the sanctuary. The cost is $75.00 or $40.00 if you have scanned through a valid ISIC card.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and right near the Buses and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Wiraqocha Inn USD$ 25.00 p/person extra special price and amazing views from every room! highly recommended as best value
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Killa Inn USD$ 45.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Casa Andina US$90.00 p/person
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Machu Picchu Pueblo INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes D B)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- Please note if you are travelling by yourself the UP-GRADING cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person! (therefore the upgrade cost based on single occupancy are below… ).
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- Student rate US$ 650.00 per person.
- (with ISIC international student card)
- Please Note.- For last minute booking please check availability in Inca Trail Permits.
- Or you can call us to reserve and book for your private trek.
- In low season ( December to April ) 1 or 2 months before.
- This trek also can be accommodated to depart from Ollantaytambo, so you can start walking early the first past of the trek and avoid the crowds.
- After visiting the Sacred Valley you can stay in Ollantaytambo, also help a bit to cope with the altitude because it is lower altituted than Cusco.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for touring with SAS Travel !!!
- Step 1.- CLICK: CONFIRMED GROUP DEPARTURES(See available spaces in our group and permits.)
- Step 2.- Select your tour Inca Trail & Sacred Valley 5D/4N and please be aware that the date of departure is the sacred valley date and so the following day is the date of the inca trail permit.
- Fill it out first with your own personal details, and the number of people you are in total. it will open a further format to fill out details of your group in Traveling with: First Name and Surname, Passport Number, Age and Nationality contact email/skype address or phone. If you are joining friends who have already been confirmed in a date you must indicate the same date in all 3 trek alternative date options and their names in the comments section. If you do not have an alternative date you must indicate your only possible date in all 3 options. (Make sure your passports are valid for at least 6 months before you enter Peru). . Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a reservation code (eg: 240611001). Then you must pay your booking deposit as until we receive a payment your reservation is not confirmed or safe. It is only so we can find the full reservation details at the exact time of payment. The last spaces in the group will be guaranteed in order of payments received so it is best to pay for all people in your group together with 1 reservation code, so that we can guarantee your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour together in the same group. Please also ensure you send scan of ISIC card if applicable at this time.
- Step 3 .-HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING DEPOSIT.-
- Please note if the permits are soon to run out you are better to do a credit card or Pay Pal deposit as these are a more immediate charge to ensure quick confirmation. Or you can skype sas.travel with your credit card details for immediate payment and CONFIRMATION.
- deposit option 1.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT WESTERN UNION: currently not available till end of Oct
- deposit option 2.-PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD,VISA .- USD$ 315.00 per person (USD$ 300.00 + 5% card charge) (or USD$ 385.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. (Visa card holder MUST BE affiliated to Verified by Visa)
- deposit option 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with PAY PAL .- USD$ 318.00 per person (USD$ 300.00 + 6% PAY PAL FEE) (or USD$ 388.00 p/person if you want us to purchase your Huaynapicchu Ticket). Payments by PAY PAL must include the additional 6% surcharge and the confirmation from Pay Pal needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel
- deposit option 4.- bank transfer has large fees so best to pay as one FULL PAYMENT. ie $750 base price per person and only if you are 4 or more to make fees worth it. - Transferring money to a Banco Continental in Peru. (Please add a USD$ 40.00 Bank fee that is taken from this end by the Peruvian bank.) Best for group booking ie 4 person mínimum Please send us an email to receive current bank details.
- Or if you have an Australian bank account there are no extra fees for 2014 to transfer to our Australian Bank account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or skype sas.travel to receive the Westpac bank details. This can only be for a domestic bank transfer within Australia. If done internationally a fee of $40 will be charged.
- As soon as we receive your deposit we will proceed purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets for Huaynapicchu if requested. We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information within 12 working hours. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 18 hours please send an email to: email@example.com or feel free to Skype: sas.travel or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS Inca Trail & Sacred Valley 5D/4N 2014
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor re high altitude trekking. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is not included in the trek. Due to limited availabiltiy, (only 400 people per day), we recommend you reserve and pay immediately. If this what you are interested in doing, please let us know as soon as possible make the payment (US$70.00 per adult / US$ 40.00 per student who send an ISIC student card at the time of payment) and please send us a copy of your payment and request to firstname.lastname@example.org.. This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 10:30 after your guided tour of Machupicchu.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Unless you hire an extra shared porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and a mattress (about 3.8 Kg), personal items, clothing and water for the day to drink, if you want an extra shared porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well or send us an email immediately. (email@example.com)
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of (US$ 300.00) non refundable Booking fee.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 65.00 pp or with a Vistadome upgrade US $77.00 pp. Simple Accommodation in Aguas Calientes is provided.
- 9.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled. However you can use part of the permit for Machupicchu admission in other tour such as Lares, Salkantay, or train tours to Machupicchu, if the entrance dates match, etc .
- 10.- The Inca Trail Classic 4D/3N package includes: Train transport return to Cusco depends on train company availability. The train company only confirm the train schedule option to trekking agencies a few days before a trek for one way tickets from Aguas Calientes in high season dates. The train schedule offered could be anywhere between 4pm and 9pm and usually requires a private bus connection from Ollantaytambo to Cusco provided by SAS Travel. Our preference would be a train departure between 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm but needs to have enough seats available to accommodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter.
- 11.- Train tickets: Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of US$ 10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid.
- 12.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 13. - Sacred Valley Tour and accomdation in Ollantaytambo is included on Day 1. Note the Cusco Tourist Ticket required for the 2 sites Pisac and Ollantaytambo is not included nor meals, but can be bought on the tour. See Frequently Asked Questions.
- 14- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 15.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 16.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 Day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day Lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 17.- Travel Insurance.- We srrongly recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- I have read and accept the conditions.