Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
You are here:
Trekkings to MachuPicchu (ALTERNATIVE TREKS) > Salkantay Trek to MachuPicchu & HuaynaPicchu 4Day/3Night -Daily Departures !!
Salkantay Trek to MachuPicchu & HuaynaPicchu 4Day/3Night -Daily Departures !!
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! Participants required. (2 people minimum). For group service please check here our OPEN GROUP FIXED DEPARTURES Or try to gather a group of friends and build up your own group and you can select your preferred departure date. If you are a group of 2 and your preference is the hike in a group and you book 5-4 months in advance... then we can try to get other trekkers and build up a small group. Cost of tour will be according with the number of trekkers in the group.
- WHEN TO BOOK.- You must book this tour and pay a deposit well in advance. (For high season (from May to October, 3 months in advance.) Low season (from November to April, 2-1 month in advance.)
- BEST TIME TO HIKE.- From end of April to end of December. (Not wet season).
- ADVENTAGES.- Not so crowded as other hikes around Cusco, you carry a small day pack, mules are provided to carry equipment and your belongings, amazing Inca site located at the high jungle.impressive views of high jungle, Llaqtapata and MachuPicchu. Optional walk to the emblematic HuaynaPicchu Mt when permits are available so... book in advance.
- HOW TO BOOK.- Choose on the Calendar in this page the date of your preference (Leaving Date): Fill in out with your personal details and complete details of other participants in your group, once you have finalized you will receive a Reservation Code (Purchase number) to pay a booking deposit on Step 3. Pay with your code a deposit of $ 210 per person with Visa or MC or pay with Paypal to SAS Travel Peru.
- SPECIAL: 8 Day / 7 Night Lares Valley trek to Machupicchu, Cusco, Sacred Valley and Hotel Marqueses Package. Cusco, Sacred Valley, Lares Valley hike with 7 Kg porterage service. Find more information here: Lares 8 Day Package(Based in Double accommodation). Free up-grade to Deluxe or Suite room).
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 15% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. OR a FREE Sacred Valley tour to see Pisac, Yucay, Urubamba, Ollantatambo and Chincheros. (70 Soles Entrance fee to the ruins and lunch are not included.) Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. To reserve please contact Miguel at: [email protected] but you must also indicate your tour reservation code with SAS Travel
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
What is Included:
- Collection from your hotel at 04:45 am
- Private vehicle to Mollepata-Soraypampa (starting of the trek)
- 2 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress
- English speaking professional guide experienced in mountains
- Full board meals 4 Breakfast, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Horses/donkeys to carry tents, food, cooking equipment
- 6 kilos of your personal luggage carried for you ex sleeping bags mattresses
- Hot water for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or private transport to Ollanta
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu, time to explore on your own,
- Climbing to Huaynapicchu Ticket extra $10 pp
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes Double or Triple Accommodation
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent:
- Free storage in Cusco for your belongings at Hotel Marqueses.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (minus 8 ºC) US$ 20
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Dinner on day 4 th (return to Cusco)
- Drinks, bottle water, drinks in Aguas Calientes.
- The bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes US$12
- (45 minutes down-hill walk to Aguas Calientes) to Hotel Viajeros.
- OPTIONAL UP-GRADES:
- VISTADOME Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train, Please add US$55 per person
- Tips for your crew guides cooks, horse herders US$35 approx
- (Every SAS`s staff receive a fair and decent payment immediately after they end their trip, tips are optional also are a great gesture of esteem to them)
We recommend that you bring:
- sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC - can be rented at SAS office for US$20 )
- Sturdy Hiking boots
- Warm clothes and trekking pants. not jeans
- layers for variable temperatures specially at night
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Camera, extra film & batteries
- Sunprotection : sunscreen : sun hat : sunglasses
- Thermals : wool socks : Gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent
- Rain poncho : a good rain jacket
- Toiletries / toilet paper / small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Water bottle : water purifying tablets optional
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks
- Trekking poles
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 200 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 210 per person. (US$ 200+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 212 per person. (US$ 200+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- Pay a Booking Deposit with WESTERN UNION: US$ 200 per person through in order to Mr: Irwin POMA-FLORES (Peru). Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: [email protected] and [email protected] OR pay into our Australia Bank (ask for details via email).
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- CONDITIONS OF THE SALKANTAY TREK 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS (PRIVATE)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate as Salkantay trek goes to 4600 mtrs.
- 2.- You must advise your guides if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then make your final payment either entering the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or via western union or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and final briefing details.
- 4.- If you get vertigo or do not want to climb Huayna Picchu for any reason then indicate No in the reservation format and write this in the comments section. Ensure we confirm you indicating No Huayna Picchu climb so we discount $10 off the package for you.
- 5.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- We include in this trek a 6 kilos for porterage for your camp belongings (Mattress,sleeping bag and personal clothes, a duffle bag is provided) due to the strenuos nature of the trek but if you will require more let us know. If you have no experience in high altitude trekking please hire more porterage. This is a serious requirement and 3 kilos more is only US$20 for the entire trek so well worth it.
- 8-Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accomodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 9.- Cancelation made by Clients : you are strongly recommended to organise Travel Insurance.
- 9. a.- Cancelation of tour up to 2 months before departure incurs a loss of the US$ 200.00 non refundable deposit.
- 9. b..- Cancelation of tour within 2 months and 1 month of departure incurs a loss of 50% of total tour cost...
- 9. c.- Cancelation of tour within 1 month and 1 week of departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- 9. d.- Cancelation of tour within 1 week - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your train tickets and entrance, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4.
- 9 e.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your train tickets and entrance, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes day 4.
- 10.- Change of dates is only possible if the group is still left with more than a minimum and the train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance have not been finalised. US$ 25.00 is charged.
- Change of dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs a further fee as Peru rail also charges for changes of dates. This administration charge of US$20.00 per ticket in this case is incurred. At times a change of date may only be possible in an upgrade to a higher standard carriage and so the difference in price would need to be paid additionally.
- 11- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter and mule will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger. If you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund from the original payment, however we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 12- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- Salkantay trek is recommended in dry season. Unexpected rain can cause snow falls causing difficult trekking conditions and possibly closure of the pass. In the case of snow falls SAS Travel can not be held accountable for the need to take an alternative route. You would also need good quality trekking boots and equipment to protect you against snow related conditions, cold and glare. In extreme cases when “Salkantay trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 5 Day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 5 Day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc. to give you some of the many options.
- I have read and accept the conditions.