US$ 1,980.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
1,980 USD$ pp (3-4 person)
1,450 USD$ pp (5-6 person)
1,290 USD$ pp (7-8 person)
NOTE.- If you interest is walking this tour in a small group and you still would like to join 2 or 4 person to make lower costs, please let us know, so we can try to find other interested people. Or SEE our Confirmed private groups on: AVAILABILITY and BOOKINGS
Inca Trail & Salkantay Trek 7D/6N Private Service DAILY DEPARTURES !
Due to this trek combine with classic Inca Trail, Permits are required to book 4-5 months in hight season ( May to November ) in advance, for low season ( December to April ) 2 to 1 month in advance:
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... !
Moderate, Challenging !!!
Minimum 2 passengers
Limited Availability for the Inca Trail section, please see our website for more informations of email us. As this package includes the 4 Day Inca trail trek you must ensure there are still permits available and so you need to click on this link:
For experienced trekkers this tour can be organized in 6 Day/5 Night without the night in Aguas Calientes, arriving on Day 6th at morning for Machupicchu and sleeping at Wiñay Wayna campsite the last night. Please send us your enquires to [email protected]
Van, hike, Train.
Salkantay Mt and Inca Trail Trek 7Day/6Nights -Private Service
Last Minute Information
- Permits for Classic Inca Trail (4 or 5 Day Trek) are AVAILABLE on November 26,28,29 and 30, on December: 2,4,6,8,10,11,12,14,16,18,20,22,24, 25, 31 but are LIMITED. (Most dates on May 2018 are sold out)... we strongly recommend you to -Act NOW and sign up for 2018 hikes. HURRY UP ... BOOK NOW!
- Our Price: US$1,290 per person (7-8 person)
- US$1,250 with ISIC Student card or under 16 y/o. (7-8 person)
- Permits for OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER 2017 and 2018: SEE HERE BEFORE BOOKING our Up-to-Date dates for: CLASSIC INCA TRAIL, SHORT INCA TRAIL, ALTERNATIVE TREKS AVAILABILITY.
- Book online, Get a reservation code and pay a deposit with MC or Visa or thru Paypal.
- MARCH 2017: 4,5 Day Inca Trail: -FULLY BOOKED
- SEPTEMBER ON: 29, 30 (few permits) -AVAILABLE book asap...
- OCTOBER ON.- 2,4,7,8,10,13,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28.31 -AVAILABLE
- NOVEMBER ON 2,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,31 -AVAILABLE
- DECEMBER ON 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30 -AVAILABLE
- **JANUARY 2018 ON: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30 -AVAILABLE
- JANUARY to DECEMBER 2018: Daily Departures (2 person minimun). This year the Cultural Peruvian institute, bureau who control permits for this trek will start selling permits for 2018 from October 1st 2017 so we are at the moment accepting bookings for 2018. Permits are so limited every year... we strongly recommend you to book (8-6 months in advance) to avoid disappointments.
- This is an special combination of 2 treks our Salkantay trek through Inca Chiriasqa Pass and the classic Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu making a 7 Day / 6 Nigths -- a new popular option for good reason! It’s a moderate trek that passes through stunning scenery and a number of fascinating archaeological sites on the way to Machu Picchu, where you’ll have a guided tour and time to explore the site on your own.
- SAS Travel Highlights:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel: we never place you with other tour operators.
- Permits for the Inca Trail trek are limited and must be reserved and purchased well in advance (only 200 hikers can walk this popular trek each day). We accept passengers on a first come, first serve basis, based on the date the reservation is received. You will need to book and pay your deposit (down payment) far in advance. For high season (April to November), we recommend booking 6 to 8 months in advance. For low season (December to March), we recommend 3 to 4 months in advance.
- How to book: Permits for the Inca Trail trek sell out so quickly that we strongly advise making a booking and paying a down payment as soon as possible. Before booking on our calendar please see our open groups here or register your details in Step 2 and generate a code to pay a down payment with Visa or MasterCard in Step 3 (US$525.00 per person) or pay US$500.00 per person with PAYPAL. In the “Enter description” field, please write your reservation code and your name. In “Item price” write the amount you would like to pay.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu: (Optional to include). If you would like to walk up Huayna Picchu Mountain after the trek and tour of the Machu Picchu archaeological site, please let us know ASAP as passes are also limited. The admission is US$85.00 per person (US$40 pp for students with ISIC card), which we’ll add to your booking deposit so we can purchase your tickets for the second Huaynapicchu turn at 11:00 a.m. Alternatively, we recommend booking our 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu Mountain.
BOOK a Tour with SAS Travel and GET a 10% DISCOUNT in our MARQUESES BOUTIQUE Hotel in Suite, Deluxe or Standard rooms plus a FREE pick up from airport at your arrival to Cusco. Payment of accommodation is required in $ USD cash or Soles cash directly in Reception. To reserve please contact Miguel at: [email protected] but you must also indicate your tour reservation code with SAS Travel
Find more information here: www.hotelmarqueses.com “Charming and Amazing Hotel, Great Location one block near centre, Wonderful Staff and Excellent three star Hotel”. © 2016 TripAdvisor LLC
The mountains of the Cordillera Vilcabamba rise to form a ragged chain between the regions' two great rivers; the Urubamba and the Apurimac. Along the cordillera's northern side, massive snow peaks collide with lush tropical rain forests. Located northwest of Cusco, Nevado de Salkantay, the cordillera's tallest peak, is at the eastern end of the chain and rises to 6,271 meters above sea level. The name Salkantay means 'Savage Mountain' which may refer to the swirling clouds that rise up from the jungle lowlands and engulf the peak.
The Salkantay to Machu Picchu trek normally takes 7 Day and has become popular with trekkers wanting to combine a quieter less trodden route with a visit to the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. For the first 3 day you will be surrounded with magnificent scenery and rarely see other groups of trekkers. On the fourth day you join up with the famous Inca Trail at Wayllabamba town and continue to Machu Picchu arriving on afternoon on Day 6 th so you can enjoy the beautiful and tranquil sunset and after that we head down to Aguas Calientes town to relax in the natural hot springs and find a comformatle bed after 5 nights in camp, early on Day 7th we take the first bus up to Machupicchu for our guided tour and time to explore. The trek is only a little more difficult than the Classic Inca Trail, horses are used for the first 4 days to transport food and equipment then we will swap over to using traditional porters for this final section.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing, presented by your tour guides
- Private bus to Mollepata -Cruzpata (trek starting point)
- Permit to the Inca Trail Trek National Park
- Entrance fee for Machupicchu Archaeological Sanctuary
- Excellent highly recommended top leaders guides
- Oxygen assistance and first aid kit en route
- 2 person per tent (new spacious Eureka tents)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Dining tent with camping tables, stools and gas lamps, Kitchen tent
- Nutritious, delicious buffet meals with fresh, high quality ingredients, high in energy value and prepared carefully to avoid illness by our excellent cooks(Vegetarian food and specialised diets by request) Combination of International and Peruvian Cuisine
- Boiled purified water after breakfast to refill your bottles
- Fairly treated staff carry the equipment, tents, food, cooking gear and dining tents
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks, assistants, field crew
- Accommodation, food, transport, permits and entrance fees for our porters and cooks
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea kindly brought to your tent
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon
- Plenty of time to explore Machupicchu and a guided tour,
- Visit and guided tours in the 6 Inca archaeological sites en route
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machu Picchu
- Free storage for your backpack whilst you go to the hot springs or shop around the village
- Free and safe Storage while you are on tours in Hotel Marqueses Cusco
- Tourist train return on Day 4 to “0llantaytambo” then a SAS Travel bus to Cusco
- Inca Trail T-shirt and a Surviver Certificate signed by your guides
- 7 Kg personal porter per person. ( SAS provides a duffle bag for the porter )
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (-Minus 8ºC) US$45 for 5 nights
- Single tent US$ 90 for 5 nights trek.
- single room in Aguas Calientes additional $20 or you can share for no additional cost
- Trekking poles US$30 each for the entire trek.
- Thermarest US$45 for 5 nights
- Hot shower on 5th campnight (10 soles)
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (10 soles)
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Extra drinks in camps, Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks,and porters. It`s a tradition
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A Backpack (for personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles.
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel at the office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- After 3 days of fantastic walk around the Salkantay Mountain reaching the top at 4,860 mts we descend gradually to link with the famous Inca Trail on Day 4th , this trek is the combination of the 2 best trek routes around the Mountains of Vilcabamba with spectacular tranquil campsites and avoiding the crowds in both sections of our trek.
- See our small Open groups or available spaces at the Park AVAILABILITY & BOOKING:
- Fast booking due to limits of Permits, SKYPE US: sastravelcuscoperu
- OR send us an E-mail : [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for deciding to register for a SAS Travel tour !
- Step 1.- CLICK: CONFIRMED GROUP DEPARTURES
- Step 2.- Select tour option Salkantay Mt and Inca Trail Trek 7Day/6Nights -Private Service and please complete your personal details. If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation code. But please complete details of your companion or group on lines below: Comments and Questions: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit, pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machu Picchu, train tickets and tour all together in a same group.
- How to make your deposit and confirm your spots on the tour:
- Step 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: US$ 500.00 per person through in order to: Irwin Poma Flores. (Peru) Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: [email protected] and [email protected] to confirm your deposit. We will confirm your reservation on the same day.
- Step 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD or VISA.- US$ 525.00 per person. (US$ 500.00 + 5% card charge). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. As soon as we receive your deposit we will procced purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets etc . We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information shortly. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 24 hours please send us an email to: [email protected] or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel.info or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid a month before in US$
- Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 2 weeks prior to the Inca Trail and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- If you prefer not to use the online system you can skype sas.travel and we can do a manual payment for you quickly and easily. Or you can use Western Union.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel TERMS and CONDITIONS
- Inca Trail & Salkantay Trek 7 Day / 6 Night -Private Service -(Minimum 2 person.)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current Medical Certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the principal guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- This ticket is not included in the trek. Due to limited availabilty, (only 400 people per day), we recommend you reserve and pay immediately. If this what you are interested in doing, please let us know as soon as possible make the payment (US$70.00 per adult / US$ 40.00 per student who send an ISIC student card at the time of payment) and please send us a copy of your payment and request to [email protected] This ticket will be for the second turn at approx 10:30 after your guided tour of Machupicchu.
- 4.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie rental of sleeping bags or trekkking poles etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating the rental ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 5.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp)
- 7.- Personal shared porter for 7 Kg is included in your trek, a duffle bag is provided at your briefing, still you need to carry a personal daypack with your belongings water bottle, camera and snacks.
- 7.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed and due to the Park regulations. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled.
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- The Cost of the tour is based on the number of participant in the trek, if cancelation produce the deposit will be forfeited to cover fees payments.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of booking deposit (US$300.00 non refundable fee.)
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here.
- 8.- f.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$60.00 or with a Vistadome upgrade US $79.00
- 9.- The full package includes: Transport to Cusco the train return depends on train company availability. The train company only confirm the train schedule option to trekking agencies a few days before a trek for one way tickets from Aguas Calientes in high season. The train schedule offered could be anywhere between 4pm and 9pm and usually requires a private bus connection from Ollantaytambo to Cusco provided by SAS Travel. Our preference would be a train departure between 5pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accommodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter.
- 10.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment.we will, however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 11.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 13.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 7 day Lares trek or 7 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 14.- Travel Insurance, we recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- Signature and Date.