SEE our:CONFIRMED DEPARTURES, BOOKING and PAYMENTS: AVAILABILITY AND BOOKINGS
US$ 1,890.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Package rate: 2013-2014
1,890 USD$ pp (3-4 person)
1,450 USD$ pp (5-6 person)
1,120 USD$ pp (7-8 person)
NOTE.- If you interest is walking this tour in a small group and you still would like to join 2 or 4 person to make lower costs, please let us know, so we can try to find other interested people. Or SEE our Confirmed private groups on: AVAILABILITY and BOOKINGS
Inca Trail & Salkantay Trek 7D/6N Private Service DAILY DEPARTURES !
Due to this trek combine with classic Inca Trail, Permits are required to book 4-5 months in hight season ( May to November ) in advance, for low season ( December to April ) 2 to 1 month in advance: Experienced hikers can walk the same trek in 6 Day/ 5 Night , send you enquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is it for me?
It is important to be in good physical condition to make this moderate rated but truly rewarding trek. If you want to visit a number of stunning Inca sites linked by a beautiful stone pathway built in the midst of the most incredible scenery in rising altitudes. A good mix of culture, nature, archaeology and scenic beauty. ..then this is for you! Book early, Get in shape, Get good boots and have fun... !
Moderate, Challenging !!!
Minimum 2 passengers
Limited Availability for the Inca Trail section, please see our website for more informations of email us. As this package includes the 4 Day Inca trail trek you must ensure there are still permits available and so you need to click on this link:
For experienced trekkers this tour can be organized in 6 Day/5 Night without the night in Aguas Calientes, arriving on Day 6th at morning for Machupicchu and sleeping at Wiñay Wayna campsite the last night. Please send us your enquires to email@example.com
Van, hike, Train.
You are here:
INCA TRAIL to MachuPicchu > Inca Trail & Salkantay Trek 7D/6N -Private Service.
Inca Trail & Salkantay Trek 7D/6N -Private Service.
Last Minute Information
- The permits for the Inca Trail trek are so limited, that only 200 permits are available each day FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. You need to book and pay the depo: sit well in advance. For high season (May to October, 6-4 months in advance.) Low season (November to April, 4-3 months in advance.) For trek departures in March, April, May, June and July we strongly advise that you make a trek booking BEFORE the middle of January. The permits on Dec 17,18,19, 22 till 31 are SOLD OUT...
- CHECK on: AVAILABILITY Inca Trail Classic tours BOOKINGS Once you have finalized your registration online, you will receive a reservation code (purchase number) and pay your USD$ 300.00 per person booking deposit with: Western Union to Mr: Irwin POMA-FLORES (Peru) OR Pay a booking deposit ONLINE on Step 3: TO PAY ONLINE with Master Card, Visa card OR Pay-Pal the amount of USD$ 315.00 per person.
- FAST BOOKING for COUPLES, GROUPS: Choose the tour and departure date required, then fill out your personal details on Step 2, then fill out the details of your group below in Traveling With. Once you have finalized everything, you will receive a reservation code (purchase number) to pay with. For any assistance Call or Skype us. FREE Sacred Valley tour for group bookings of 4 persons or more, provided just one person in the group is responsible for making the booking and sending the trek deposit, and 20% Discount in Hotel Marqueses for bookings from Jan to May 31st Bookings valid from Dec 14th.
- WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU: We have the best itinerary and campsites for each night, which includes Wiñaywayna campsite on the third night. We can pick you up from your hotel at 5:00 am on Day 1. We will tour with the best Inca Trail guides, extraordinary chefs (gourmet Peruvian meals) and with well respected and well paid porters (The Blue Label Team). We provide decontaminated drinkable water en route. We have packed snacks at Machu Picchu and lunch with Pisco Sour in Aguas Calientes before your train back to Cusco. We have confirmed and guaranteed daily departures on any date you wish to travel. We welcome groups of friends, couples and solo travelers. We have new and decent tents and equipment . 100% provided by SAS Travel. We have free luggage storage in Cusco at the Hotel Marqueses. Unfortunately we have limited spaces in our small group: 8 people per group with 1 guide or 9 to 12 or 16 participants maximum with 2 tour guides.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- (Those trekkers who wish to climb Huaynapicchu Mt. after they have finished hiking the Inca Trail, need to pay an ONLINE deposit of US$385.00 per person with a Master Card , Visa OR Pay-Pal, so that we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am or for a ticket for the next day, just send us an email.)
- The Inca Trail with SAS Travel is a spiritual pilgrimage throughout your trip on the Inca Trail and to Machu Picchu. It enhances your mind, body and soul. It is a unique adventure for your senses !!!
- SAS Travel … Quality tours with a special personal touch.
Free Sacred Valley tour... join our daily guided Sacred Valley tour with an experienced guide to visit the traditional Pisac Market & Ruins, the valley of Urubamba, Yucay, Ollantaytambo and Chincheros (fees and lunch not included).
The mountains of the Cordillera Vilcabamba rise to form a ragged chain between the regions' two great rivers; the Urubamba and the Apurimac. Along the cordillera's northern side, massive snow peaks collide with lush tropical rain forests. Located northwest of Cusco, Nevado de Salkantay, the cordillera's tallest peak, is at the eastern end of the chain and rises to 6,271 meters above sea level. The name Salkantay means 'Savage Mountain' which may refer to the swirling clouds that rise up from the jungle lowlands and engulf the peak.
The Salkantay to Machu Picchu trek normally takes 7 Day and has become popular with trekkers wanting to combine a quieter less trodden route with a visit to the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. For the first 3 day you will be surrounded with magnificent scenery and rarely see other groups of trekkers. On the fourth day you join up with the famous Inca Trail at Wayllabamba town and continue to Machu Picchu arriving on afternoon on Day 6 th so you can enjoy the beautiful and tranquil sunset and after that we head down to Aguas Calientes town to relax in the natural hot springs and find a comformatle bed after 5 nights in camp, early on Day 7th we take the first bus up to Machupicchu for our guided tour and time to explore. The trek is only a little more difficult than the Classic Inca Trail, horses are used for the first 4 days to transport food and equipment then we will swap over to using traditional porters for this final section.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing, presented by your tour guides
- Private bus to Mollepata -Cruzpata (trek starting point)
- Permit to the Inca Trail Trek National Park
- Entrance fee for Machupicchu Archaeological Sanctuary
- Excellent highly recommended top leaders guides
- Oxygen assistance and first aid kit en route
- 2 person per tent (new spacious Eureka tents)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Dining tent with camping tables, stools and gas lamps, Kitchen tent
- Nutritious, delicious buffet meals with fresh, high quality ingredients, high in energy value and prepared carefully to avoid illness by our excellent cooks(Vegetarian food and specialised diets by request) Combination of International and Peruvian Cuisine
- Boiled purified water after breakfast to refill your bottles
- Fairly treated staff carry the equipment, tents, food, cooking gear and dining tents
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks, assistants, field crew
- Accommodation, food, transport, permits and entrance fees for our porters and cooks
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea kindly brought to your tent
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon
- Plenty of time to explore Machupicchu and a guided tour,
- Visit and guided tours in the 6 Inca archaeological sites en route
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machu Picchu
- Free storage for your backpack whilst you go to the hot springs or shop around the village
- Free and safe Storage while you are on tours in Hotel Marqueses Cusco
- Tourist train return on Day 4 to “0llantaytambo” then a SAS Travel bus to Cusco
- Inca Trail T-shirt and a Surviver Certificate signed by your guides
- 6 Kg personal porter per person. ( SAS provide a duffle bag for the porter )
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (-Minus 8ºC) US$45 for 5 nights
- Single tent US$ 90 for 5 nights trek.
- single room in Aguas Calientes additional $20 or you can share for no additional cost
- Trekking poles US$30 each for the entire trek.
- Thermarest US$45 for 5 nights
- Hot shower on 5th campnight (10 soles)
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes (10 soles)
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Extra drinks in camps, Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks,and porters. It`s a tradition
We recommend that you bring
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable)
- A Backpack (for personal porters we provide a duffle bag)
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support
- Trekking poles: metal tips are not allowed on the trail
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, disposable plastic bottles are forbidden in Machupicchu site
- Water purifying tablets optional, since we provide boiled water
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Extra money for drinks & tips, souvenirs etc in soles
- Emergency money at least 200-300 extra soles.
- If you don`t have sleeping bags, rain ponchos, trekking poles, water bottle, etc you can rent/buy them from SAS Travel at the office at your check-in 2 days before the trek departure.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- (Alternative accommodation based on double occupancy ).
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes
- Hotel Presidente or Inka Town or Green Nature Standard USD$ 25.00 p/person
- Green Nature Superior room US$ 36.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 49.00 p/person.
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Hatuchay Tower US$115.00 p/person
- Hotel INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 220.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- After 3 days of fantastic walk around the Salkantay Mountain reaching the top at 4,860 mts we descend gradually to link with the famous Inca Trail on Day 4th , this trek is the combination of the 2 best trek routes around the Mountains of Vilcabamba with spectacular tranquil campsites and avoiding the crowds in both sections of our trek.
- See our small Open groups or available spaces at the Park AVAILABILITY & BOOKING:
- Fast booking due to limits of Permits, SKYPE US: sastravelcuscoperu
- OR send us an E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
- Thank you for deciding to register for a SAS Travel tour !
- Step 1.- CLICK: CONFIRMED GROUP DEPARTURES
- Step 2.- Select your tour and please complete your personal details. If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation code. But please complete details of your companion or group on lines below: Comments and Questions: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit, pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a same group.
- How to make your deposit and confirm your spots on the tour:
- Step 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT with WESTERN UNION: US$ 300.00 per person through in order to: Irwin Poma Flores DNI 46612452 (SAS Travel, Cusco PERU) Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your deposit. We will confirm your reservation on the same day.
- Step 3.- PAY A BOOKING-DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD or VISA.- US$ 315.00 per person. (US$ 300.00 + 5% card charge). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%. As soon as we receive your deposit we will procced purchasing your Permits for Inca Trail trek, tickets etc . We will send you a final confirmation of your tour with detailed information shortly. If you don`t receive your Confirmation within 24 hours please send us an email to: email@example.com or feel free to Skype us: sas.travel.info or call us.
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in US$ Dollars cash or Peruvian soles (Exchange rate 2.90 Soles for US$1). Payments with credit / debit cards are accepted with a commission of 5%, Travelers' cheques with 3% only at our Office in Cusco.
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 2.90 Soles for US$1). or Travelers' cheques with 3% only at our Office.
- Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 2 weeks prior to the Inca Trail and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- If you prefer not to use the online system you can skype sas.travel and we can do a manual payment for you quickly and easily. Or you can use Western Union.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel TERMS and CONDITIONS
- Inca Trail & Salkantay Trek 7 Day / 6 Night -Private Service -(Minimum 2 person.)
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 65, then you will need to present us with a current Medical Certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the principal guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, 5-2 days before your departure. If you want to pay your final balance in advance using a card please contact us, you can do this providing your cards details and authorization. We accept US$ Dollar cash or Peruvian currency Soles at our office in Cusco when paying the final balance. Our rate exchange is S/ 2.90 Soles for US$1 or cash US$. (You can withdraw Soles or US$ from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards). If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail trek, the total balance will be charged in US$ Dollars to your credit card plus the 5% commission.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 5.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and request to pay a new Entrance admission. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is US$15.00
- 6.- Personal shared porter for 6 Kg is included in your trek, a duffle bag is provided at your briefing, still you need to carry a personal daypack with your belongings water bottle, camera and snacks.
- 7.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed and due to the Park regulations. It is non transferable nor refundable Permits. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your spot after you have cancelled.
- 8.- Cancelation made by Clients:
- 8.- a.- The Cost of the tour is based on the number of participant in the trek, if cancelation produce the deposit will be forfeited to cover fees payments.
- 8.- b.- Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 6 weeks in advance incurs a loss of booking deposit (US$300.00 non refundable fee.)
- 8.- c.- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks to 2 weeks of departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost...
- 8.- d.- Cancelation of tour within 2 weeks to 5 days of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- 8.- e.- Cancelation of tour within 5 days - 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- However we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here.
- 8.- f.- Cancelation of tour within 36 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$60.00 or with a Vistadome upgrade US $79.00
- 9.- The full package includes: Transport to Cusco the train return depends on train company availability. The train company only confirm the train schedule option to trekking agencies a few days before a trek for one way tickets from Aguas Calientes in high season. The train schedule offered could be anywhere between 4pm and 9pm and usually requires a private bus connection from Ollantaytambo to Cusco provided by SAS Travel. Our preference would be a train departure between 5pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accomodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter.
- 10.- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment.we will, however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 11.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 13.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 7 day Lares trek or 7 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 14.- Travel Insurance, we recommend that full travel insurance is taken, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- SAS Travel will do everything possible to assure a safe and enjoyable trip but we will not accept any responsibility for damages, injuries, losses, expenses due to delays, for any cause whatsoever, this applies to any person or property in connection with any service we or our intermediaries provide, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God or forces mayor.
- I have read and accept the conditions.
- Signature and Date.