SHORT Inca Trail Trek, Cusco & Sacred Valley. 7 Day Tour Package. Daily Departures.
Last Minute Information
- PERMITS for this short Inca Trail hike ARE AVAILABLE..!!!
- DAILY DEPARTURES !!! (Minimum 2 people).
- HOW TO BOOK ONLINE.- On the calendar (Leaving Dates) Select the month and click on your preferred leaving date (left side). Fill in your details and group details as requested, you will generate a reservation code or purchase number. Pay immediately online on Step 3 with Visa or MC a deposit of US$ 400.00 per person on Step 3. OR pay online through PayPal. Or follow instructions below in Booking Information.
- TICKET FOR HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN.- (Those trekkers who want to add a climb to Huayna Picchu mountain once you have finished the tour at Machu Picchu they need to let us know shortly and pay US$ 85.00 pp extra US$ 40.00 with ISIC card so we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd turn at 11:00 am. Otherwise enjoy the free walks to Inca bridge or other sectors at Machu Picchu.
Day 1: WELCOME... ARRIVAL TO CUSCO at any time. Transfer to HOTEL MARQUESES.
Day 2: CUSCO CITY TOUR,SAQSAYWAMAN AND KORICANCHA. HOTEL
Day 3: SACRED VALLEY, PISAC, URUBAMBA,OLLANTAYTAMBO. SOLHOTEL.
Day 4: SHORT VERSION OF INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU
Day 5: MACHUPICCHU GUIDED VISIT, RETURN TO CUSCO. HOTEL
Day 6: GUIDED TOUR TO MARAS,MORAY AND SALT MINES. MARQUESES.
Day 7: FREE 2 Hrs WALKING TOUR IN CUSCO. PM TRANSFER TO AIRPORT.
MARQUESES Boutique Hotel.- FREE Up-grade to Deluxe room (purchasing this package 6 months before)
What is Included:
- Transfers from Airport at your arrival to Cusco.
- Guided Sacred Valley tour with Buffet Lunch.
- City Tour with an english speaking Tour Guide.
- 4 nights in Hotel Marqueses with Buffet Breakfast.
- 1 night in Ollantaytambo. Hotel Solperu or ApuLodge.
- 1 night in InkaTown or Wiracocha Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 2 Day Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu: (Train tickets, Bus tickets, entrance fees, guide, meals and accommodation in Aguas Calientes).
- Transfer to your Hotel.
What is not Included:
- Lima-Cusco / Cusco Lima Flight Tickets.
- USD$ 60 pp Cusco Tourist Ticket, Boleto Turistico,
- Meals when not indicated.
- Hot springs 10 soles
- Ticket for Huayna Picchu, US$70 pp (Optional).
We recommend that you bring:
- Please bring your original passport for your trek.
- Student card ISIC (if applicable.)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Water to drink ( 2 liters)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket or rain poncho in rainy season -Dec to March
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to March
- Basic toiletries, Hat for the sun
- Sunscream with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes
- (Malaria or Yellow fever not been reported)
- Confortable hiking boots, runners or sturdy shoes
- Money in soles or dollars. ATM´s or cash machines and travelers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change.
- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system, it has one of the best locations in town, far enough from the riverside so it is not noisy, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only a few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hotspring pools. We try to include an economical accommodation option for this tour package to make it accessible for everyone but recommend that if you are wanting better accommodation in Aguas Calientes town to celebrate your accomplishment of the Inca Trail trek or any special date/ tour then please request one of the recommended hotel Upgrades below:
- UP-GRADING Hotels in Aguas Calientes (Based on double occupancy ).
- Hotel Presidente USD$ 20.00 p/person
- Hotel Inka Town USD$ 35.00 p/person
- Hotel Killa Inn USD$ 45.00 p/person
- Hotel Andina Luxury US$ 46.00 p/person
- Hotel Santuario US$ 54.00 p/person.
- Mapi -INKATERRA US$ 90.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Casa Andina US$90.00 p/person
- Sumaq Hotel 5 stars US$ 240.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel Machu Picchu Pueblo INKATERRA US$ 260.00 p/person.(Includes Dinner and Breakfast)
- Hotel alongside Machupicchu: Sanctuary Lodge US$ 490.00 p/person.(Includes D B)
- To guarantee your hotel reservation UP-GRADE, please include the payment of it in your tour booking deposit, so we can reserve and pay for your hotel in advance. All Hotel policies require full payment of your accommodation 20-45 days prior your reservation date.
- Please note if you are travelling by yourself the UP-GRADING cost is much more, as often Hotels in Aguas Calientes charge the same price for a room shared by 2 people or just one person!
- (therefore the upgrade cost based on single occupancy are below… ).
- Hotel Presidente $40.00
- Hotel Inka Town $70.00
- Hotel Killa Inn $80.00
- Hotel Santuario $115.00
- Hotel Andina Luxury $90.00
- Hotel El Mapi- INKATERRA $170.00
- Hotel Casa Andina $170.00
- Hotel Sumaq $400.00
- Hotel MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO INKATERRA $420.00
- Hotel Sanctuary Lodge $950.00
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not loose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your check-in.
- Will I be able to climb Huayna Picchu (300 mts)
- If you are wanting to include an ascent of Huayna Picchu in your visit to Machu Picchu, note that The trail to Huayna Picchu is safe but very vertical and is about an hour and a half round trip.….permits have to be bought in advance. The cost to have a Machu Picchu entrance that includes the permits to climb Huayna Picchu is $75 but unfortunately at this moment the INC does not have separate Huayna Picchu permit to combine with the Inca trail permit which already includes the Machu Picchu entrance. We have asked the INC to consider providing the opportunity for Inca trail trekkers to only pay for the separate Huayna Picchu permit which is really only about $10 but they have not yet provided for this so if you want to guarantee a permit to climb Huayna Picchu we must have this request in writing and confirmed at the time of your booking indicating you will pay the extra $75 for this permit. As this is a new cost and regulation we are still putting this option in the website reservation page so just indicate in comments for the moment.
- There is a limit of only 400 permits for climbing Huayna Picchu and only 200 people are permitted to enter for each of the 2 sessions scheduled for 7am and 11 am. The guide will organise the tour of Machu Picchu around peoples climb of Huayna Picchu depending on how many in the group have permits.
- 1.- Once you have provided and registered your details -or group details online and generate a reservation code or purchase number.
- 2.- Pay a booking deposit online with your reservation code or purchase number with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 400.00 per person
- 3.- Pay a booking deposit with your reservation code or purchase number through Paypal.- US$ 400.00 per person. (Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.) OR
- 4.- For group bookings (4-5 persons) you can transfer your booking deposit or full payment to our Bank account in Peru or transfer through out Western Union. For more details please e-mail us to: [email protected] or pay online with Visa or MC or thru Paypal as it is indicated above.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before the day when your tour start OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ or Peruvian Soles cash.
Terms & Conditions
- SAS Travel Peru wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please read the following conditions carefully as it is your contract with us. The quote given by us will be valid for 30 days from the date of final quote delivery. This time restriction is given as domestic flight prices, prices of trains / other services and hotels can change at short notice. If you have any questions whatsoever regarding your vacation, the booking procedure or conditions of sale then SAS Travel Peru will be happy to answer them for you.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE.- We strongly recommend that full insurance is taken out, which includes cover, under certain circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services. Check here travel insurance: http://www.worldnomads.com/
- INTERNATIONAL AIR FARES.- Our prices do not include the international air fares to Latin America (although many inter-country connecting flights may be included, depending on your agreed itinerary), international airport taxes, meals not specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, tips and baggage porterage.
- You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to any and all hotel accommodations. If you are a Peruvian Resident or hold a “carnet de extranjeria” or your Tam has expired, ie your stay has exceded 60 days…. the 19% tax will have to be charged by the hotel according to the Peruvian government law. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. In Peru Costamar is a good Travel Agency for International and Dometic Flight Tickets.
- CANCELATION OF MULTIDAY PACKAGE BY YOU.- Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel . The charges are shown below: 60 days and more days before departure: retention of your booking deposit USD$ 400.00 each
- 59 to 30 days before departure: 75% of total price of the tour package.
- Less than 30 days: 100% of price of the tour package.
- JUNGLE LODGE CANCELATION: To reserve a spaces for jungle trips all lodges in Puerto Maldonado requires a full total payment of the tour fair in advance (3-1 month) in case for any reason you decide to cancel your reservation in a lodge they will charge you 100% of the total cost of the tour due terms and conditions.
- CONDITIONS OF THE 4 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU.
- 1.- You must advise SAS travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate.
- 2.- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems ASAP.
- 3.- You must pay for your tour in full by 12:00 noon, 2 days before your departure. Payment of your balance in the Cusco SAS office is requested in cash. US $ is easier but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.4 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 8% commission.
- 4.- The student US$40 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2016 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 5.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is $15.
- 6.- Unless you hire an extra porter you need to carry your back pack, sleeping bag and the mattress. if you want an extra porter (for the full trip) you must have booked this with your original booking form as they require permits as well. If you are a single traveller you are obliged to pay single supplement for hotel room but if you do not require a single tent on the inca trail and are happy to share, then you can let us know at the time of booking and be exempt of this $70 fee.
- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- 7.- a. Cancelation of tour once a permit has been registered up to 8 weeks in advance incurs a loss of USD $500.00 per person non-refundable however we can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu by train with overnight in Aguas Calientes joining your group and completing the tour as normal from here. We can organise an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your permit, completing the tour as normal from here within this cancellation penalty charge if train tickets are available . The only extra charge is the cost of the train to Aguas Calientes. US$ 80.00
- 8.- Change of dates is not possible after a permit has been processed. A permit is non-transferable/ nor refundable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that we do this because we are prohibited to re-sell your permit after you have cancelled.
- 9.- 4 Days / 3 Nights package includes transport to Cusco, the train return depends on train company availability. Our preference would be a train departure between 4pm - 6pm but needs to have enough seats available to accomodate the group and usually this is not an issue except around large festivals such as Inti Raymi, Independence day and Easter. So there may be some slight variability around those dates and full high season, for which we appreciate your understanding.
- 10.-4 days-4 night -package with overnight in Aguas Calientes includes 09:22am train to Ollantaytambo on day 5. ( unless you specified at the time of booking a alternative afternoon train option ) Changes to schedules or dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs an administration charge of $10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would need to be paid. So please email us to confirm if you would prefer the afternoon train on the 5th day with transport through to Cusco, instead of morning train to Ollantaytambo.
- 11.- If you decide not to go for any reason, or you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a guide will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities (Ollantaytambo or Cusco). helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger, we recommend to have a Travel Insurance eg: WorldNomade if you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point, although there will be no refund from the original payment, we will however, present you with a document to certify illness and which can be used to present to your Travel Insurance company. (Hotel in Aguas Calientes, meals during this time, tour in Machupicchu, bus down to Aguas Calientes and train return to Cusco with your group is provided. Only Train to Aguas Calientes is not included it is USD$ 80.00 per person extra.)
- 12.- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- In extreme cases when “ Inca trail to Machupicchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 4 day Lares trek or 4 day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 4 day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc.to give you some of the many options.
- 15.- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 3.40 Soles for US$1) in our Office.
- 16.- Final Balance Payments with credit / debit cards need to be made 3 weeks prior to your arrival date and only accepted with the commission of 5% included. You should contact us 2 weeks prior to the tour responding to the email with your confirmation requesting any final items to be added and then we can reconfirm the exact balance to be paid plus the 5% commission. You then can enter the same online system with your reference code and make the balance payment.
- I have read and accept the conditions signature.