Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
US$ 610.00 p/person
(Based on Double / Triple accommodation)
Single Supplement for solo traveler US$ 90.00
US$ 20.00 less for students with ISIC card or childs.
Is it for me?
Many people have expressed the desire to have Day 1 just to rest and acclimatise especially those who have flights that arrive later to Cusco and so the option to have Day 1 as just arrive, rest and explore the cultural treasures nearby in the main plaza and then on day 2 have the City tour has become very popular.
Then day 3 and 4 is the combined Sacred Valley Tour with Classic Train tour to Machu Picchu. ie sacred valley with overnight in Aguas Calientes ( Machu Picchu town) to allow early visit and full day in Machu Picchu before afternoon return and arrival to Cusco around 8.30pm on day 4.
With the charms of 3 nights in the Marqueses hotel it is a perfect way to see Cusco as you are in the safe tourist district and any spare time you have on day 1 or 5 finds you in the midst of the most beautiful combination of Inca and Colonial architecture to souvenir shop or add some amazing photos to your collection.
Tourist bus and train.
Cusco Tourist Ticket (Boleto Turistico) this visitors ticket costs 130 soles approx US$45 (half price for students) and is valid for 10 days..
The full Cusco Tourist Ticket ticket allows you entry to 15 sites These sites which are part of the City tour are Sacsayhuaman / Qenko/Puca Pucara/Tambo Machay and these sites which are visited in the Sacred Valley tour are Pisac/Ollantaytambo/Chinchero plus other sites in Cusco such as Religious Art Museum / Church of San Blas / Regional History Museum The entrance to Moray is included on the full ticket and is used when doing the mountain biking tour Cusco Tourist Ticket is sold at the sites themselves and can be bought on the day of tour if you like.
Note this ticket does not include: Entrance to Koricancha (or Qorikancha) 10 soles Entrance to Cathedral 25 soles (the visit of the Cathedral is optional as many people prefer not to visit now that it is more expensive so there is the option to have afternoon tea in a restored Colonial house / hotel if you prefer during this part of the City tour) Cusco Tourist Ticket also includes the admission to the Cusco folk dances and music at Cusco Art Center in the 3rd block of Sol Avenue, presentation everynight from 7:00 pm Alternatively you can purchase a partial ticket for 70 soles which allows a one day only visit of just the 4 Archeological sites if you are not planning to visit any of the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros or a one day only partial ticket to visit the Sacred Valley sites such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros ( Moray ) if you are not going to have time to visit the 4 Archeological sites of Saqsayhuaman /Qenqo /Pucapucara /Tambomachay.
The partial ticket for 70 soles does not allow for any further discount for ISIC card holders. Student partial ticket cost is also 70 soles
DISCOVER CUSCO MAGICO. (No trek). 5 Days Tour Package. Daily Departures.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !! (2 persons Minimum) Twin or Double share.
- Permits are AVAILABLE. Single Supplement for solo traveller US$ 90.00
- Permits for Machu Picchu citadel and train tickets are AVAILABLE... You must book online and pay a booking deposit immediately... so we can guarantee your spots. For high season (May to October, 4-3 months in advance.) (Low season (November to April, 2-1 months in advance.)
- ENJOY THE WALK TO HUAYNAPICCHU.- Huayna Picchu mountain is the large mountain that sits directly behind Machu Picchu citadel, the walk takes 2 Hrs For many trekkers, climbing Huayna Picchu is one of the highlights of a visit to Machu Picchu. lf you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for an alternative walk to Montana Machu Picchu. (it takes 3-4 Hrs).
- HOW TO BOOK.- Choose your preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) at the Calendar (left side) Fill in your details and group as requested and you will generate a reservation code Pay an online deposit of US$ 300.00 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or thru Paypal Or follow instructions below in Booking Information. For group bookings deposit (5-6 persons) you can transfer to our Bank in Peru. To receive more details please email to: [email protected]
Day 1: Reception in Cusco. Transfer to Hotel Marqueses. Time to rest and relax to acclimate better. Free time to walk the centre of Cusco. See Cusco´s dances, music.
Day 2: Sacred Valley guided tour. Visit Pisac, Ollanta, Chincheros, Lunch in Urubamna return to Cusco. Hotel Marqueses. Dinner not Included.
Day 3: Early train to Machupicchu (Aguas Calientes town). Arriving at mid day.Time to extra walks and explore Mandor or Aguas Calientes town. Hostal Viajeros.Dinner
Day 4: Early bus to Machupicchu. Guided visit tour 2-3 Hrs extra free time to explore and walk around.Train return to Cusco. Transfer to Hotel Marqueses.Dinner not Included.
Day 5: Good Bye Cusco. Transfer to the airport at any time. (end of services).
MARQUESES Boutique Hotel: FREE UP-GRADE to our Deluxe or Suite room in this tour / Package for early bookings (6-2 months in advance.) FREE 2 Hrs walking tour at Mercado Central.
This tour covers the best of Cusco and Machu Picchu with the Cusco City tour, Sacred Valley Tour and the Classic Train tour to Machupicchu. Combined with the charms of 3 nights in the MARQUESES Boutique Hotel it is a perfect way to see Cusco as you are in the safe tourist district and any spare time you have on day 1 or 5 finds you in the midst of the most beautiful combination of Inca and Colonial architecture to souvenir shop or add some amazing photos to your collection.
What is Included:
- Reception and transfer from airport to your hotel in Cusco.
- 3 Nights in Boutique Hotel Marqueses Cusco with breakfast.
- 1 Night accommodation in Aguas Calientes -Machupicchu in private room.
- Cusco, Inca sites Saqsawaman and Sacred Valley guided tour.
- Lunch in Urubamba on Sacred Valley tour.
- 2 Day/ 1 Night Machupicchu Tour, (Expedition Train Tickets, bus tickets, entrance fees to Machupicchu, 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner, guided tour).
- Transfer from Hotel to Airport.
What is not Included:
- Flight Tickets, Transport to Cusco.
- USD$ 65 pp Entrance fee for Cusco and Sacred Valley tour.
- (50% Discount with ISIC student card).
- Meals when not indicated.
- Hot springs 10 soles (Optional in Aguas Calientes town.)
We recommend that you bring:
- For the main tour you only need to carry a small day pack (Peru Rail's luggage limit is 5-6kgs)
- Water to drink 1.5 Lt
- Rain jacket/poncho
- Change of clothes
- Basic toiletries
- Sun lotion/sunscreen, hat for sun
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- Extra money.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 300 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 315 per person. (US$ 300+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 318 per person. (US$ 300+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- Transfer your booking deposit or full payment thro Western Union.- (No commission) Ask for more details to: [email protected] or [email protected]
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 1 month before OR pay in our office in Cusco 5-3 days before of your departure date in USD$ cash.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card comission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
- You then can enter the same ONLINE SYSTEM http://sastravel.online-booking.co/pay.php with your reservation reference code or contact us for bank details. Once we receive your payment in full we send you a further email with your confirmation and last minute details.
- 2.- Bring your Passport, Immigration card (and ISIC card if applicable ) to our office on arrival to Cusco.
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- Cost of tour is based on double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers.
- 5.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accommodation this can be organized, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see: Recommendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 6.- You must carry a clear copy of your passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the tour. You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 7.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalized this incurs a further administration charge of $15.00 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 8.- CANCELATIONS by CLIENT: Should the client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. These are calculated from the day written notification is received by SAS Travel. The charges are shown below:
- a.- Cancelation of tour once you have received a confirmation of tour incurs a loss of the booking deposit.
- b.- Cancelation of tour 60 days before the date of tour departure incurs a loss of 60% of total tour cost
- c.- Cancelation of tour 59 to 30 days before the date of tour departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost
- d.- Cancelation of tour 29 days before the date of tour departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost.
- Full Travel Insurance is considered mandatory, which includes cover, under most circumstances, against the loss of deposit or cancellation charges. Please note that no reimbursements are given when cancellations occur or for any unused services.
- 9. Climbing Huayna Picchu mountain (1.5 -2 Hrs), if you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for the Montana Machu Picchu climb. This is higher so check the information in “Please Note” on the web page. http://www.sastravelperu.com/english/program/353/sacred-valley-aguas-calientes-machupicchu-and-huaynapicchu-mt-walk-quotcomboquot-tour-2d1n If you prefer not to do that option let us know immediately and we can reduce the cost of your tour by $10 and you can do one of the other unguided walks such as these 2 which are already included in the Machu Picchu ticket.
- 10.- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended. SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff.
- 12.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.