Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
You are here:
INCA TRAIL CLASSIC TREKS to MACHU PICCHU. > Lares Valley + Short Inca Trail Trek 4Day/3Night -Group Service. Fixed Departures. NEW
Lares Valley + Short Inca Trail Trek 4Day/3Night -Group Service. Fixed Departures. NEW
Last Minute Information
- YOUR BEST CHOICE of an Alternative TREK and still walk through Inca Trail SEE ChachaBamba, Wiñaywayna, Inti Pata, The Sun gate, SEE the sunset at MACHU PICCHU... next morning early see the SUNRISE and have plenty of time for a guided tour and time to explore in your own.!!!
- All permits for 4, 5 Day Inca Trail on April, May, June and part in July are Fully Booked. If you are still looking for great treks to Machu Picchu in dates when permits are sold out... we have good news... we are offering this awesome new Lares Valley + Short Inca Trail 4 Day trek. For Inca Trail for end of July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec, we strongly recommend you to hurry up with your bookings and deposits. Book online, get a code and pay a deposit.
- Our Price: US$690 per person
- US$650 with ISIC Student card or under 16 y/o.
- Huayna Picchu mt Ticket US$85 / with ISIC student card US$45 (Optional)
- AVAILABLE -2017
- APRIL 2017: 4 Day Lares trek + Short Inca trail on: 2, 10,16, 21, 29 -AVAILABLE
- MAY 2017: 4 Day Lares trek + Short Inca trail on: 1, 3, 9,14,19, 23, 30 -AVAILABLE
- JUNE 2017: 4 Day Lares trek + Short Inca trail on: 2, 8, 14,18,24, 28, -AVAILABLE
- JULY 2017: 4 Day Lares trek + Short Inca trail on: 1, 9, 16,19, 24, 30 -AVAILABLE
- AUGUST 2017: 4 Day Lares trek + Short Inca trail on: 2, 6,12,18,24,29 -AVAILABLE
- SEPTEMBER: 4 Day Lares trek + Short Inca trail on: 2, 6, 13,20,26,30 -AVAILABLE
- For group of 5 persons and your preferred departures date is not listed in our site we can open a new departure date and build up a small group for you. Book online, get a code and pay a deposit.
- This is our new 4Day/3 Night Group Lares Valley + Short Inca Trail trek -- a great option for good reason! It’s a moderate trek that passes through stunning scenery and a number of fascinating snow capped mountain views and you’ll have a guided tour at short Inca Trail and time to explore the site on your own. Two nights in tent, 1 night in a Hostal and full day at Machu Picchu to explore, discover and full enjoyment. Afternoon train return to Cusco.
- Important note: From January 1st 2017, the Cultural Institute will increase the price of trek permits for visitors and porters. SAS Travel will not increase its rate for 2017. We are making a big effort to keep our 2016 prices while maintaining our superior levels of service.
- SAS Travel Highlights:
- Friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Guided tours of the seven Inca archaeological sites en route to Machu Picchu.
- Delicious and nutritious freshly cooked gourmet meals using local products.
- Experienced team of local porters from Pisac and Paucartambo.
- New tents and quality camping equipment. Showers on the first campsite.
- Free baggage storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Celebration Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Lares Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- Special snack and buffet lunch on Day 4 (final day).
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel: we never place you with other tour operators.
- How to book: Select your interested departure leaving date on the calendar (left side). Fill in out with your details, below in Notes you can write any requests, and generate a code to pay a down payment with Visa or Master Card in Step 3 (US$315.00 per person) or pay US$300.00 per person with PAYPAL. In the “Enter description” field, please write your reservation code and your name. In “Item price” write the amount you would like to pay.
- Tickets for Huayna Picchu: If you would like to walk up Huayna Picchu Mountain after the trek and tour of the Machu Picchu archaeological site, please let us know ASAP as passes are also limited. The admission is US$85.00 per person (US$40 pp for students with ISIC card), which we’ll add to your booking deposit so we can purchase your tickets for the second Huaynapicchu turn at 11:00 a.m. Alternatively, we recommend booking our 5 Day Inca Trail with Huaynapicchu Mountain.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your tour in our office.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco from (05:30 am) or from Sacred Valley.
- Private bus to Pumahuanca (Start of our trek).
- Breakfast in Urubamba in our farm house, bathrooms available.
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten,wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- Permit and fees for Short Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry (camping equipment: client tents, dinning and cooking tents,table,stools,cooking gear, stove, gas container,cutlery,plates, food and fresh vegetables).
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cooks, assistants.
- Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent clean, new, spacious (4 person dome igloo tents).
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Biodegradable soap and hand cleansing gel.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Buffet Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu. Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- Tourist Expedition train return to Poroy Station and bus to Cusco (Return to Plaza Regocijo end of our tour.)
- SAS Travel HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visit, explore and guided tours of the 3 Inca archaeological sites en route.
- Free storage in Cusco at Hotel Marqueses and in Aguas Calientes.
- Inca Trail Survivor Certificate signed by your guides.
- 100% Operated by SAS Travel, we never put you with other tour operators.
What is not Included:
- Sleeping bag (4 season -Minus 8ºC)
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters at your discretion.
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes. Optional (10 soles)
- Flight Ticket to Cusco. Accommodation in Cusco. see recomendation
- Travel Insurance.- eg: World Nomade Insurance. (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl)
We recommend that you bring:
- Original passport and (ISIC student card if applicable).
- A comfortable 45 Lt trek backpack if you want to carry all your belongings.
- A small daypack to carry your personal belongings
- Warm sleeping bag Minus 8ºC (You can hire from SAS Travel.)
- Lighter style trekking boots with good ankle support or tough sport shoes, (light sandals or clogs are recommended to rest at campsites).
- Trekking poles with rubber tips. (metal tips are not allowed on the trail).
- Warm clothes,layers for variable temperature especially at night
- Thermal underwear can be worn in the sleeping bag or in cold conditions
- Gloves or mittens, scarf , wool socks, woolen hat for cold nights
- T-shirts and trekking pants that zipoff to short pants for comfort
- Flash light, head torch and extra batteries
- Camera and extra batteries, - Binoculars
- Wear a hat with a broad visor to keep the sun off your face
- Sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Personal medical kit, insect repellent
- Rain Gear: a good rain jacket, rain poncho
- Toiletries, toilet paper, small towel
- 2 litre water bottle, (disposable plastic bottles are forbidden).
- Bathing suits for hot springs for hikers with a night in Aguas Calientes (5 Day Special Inca Trail)
- Extra money for drinks en route, Machupicchu and Aguas Calientes. ($10-15)
- Tips for (porters, cooks, guides. ($30-40) Not mandatory.
- Emergency money at least 200-300 soles.($ 120)
- Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (e.g. 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online on Step 3. Please pay for two or more people in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, your tickets for Machu Picchu, your train tickets and that you are all in the same group.
- 1. Pay a booking deposit online with VISA or MasterCard. US$315 per person (US$300 + 5% card fee). Or US$394 per person for Inca trail + Huaynapicchu pass (US$375 + 5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2. Pay a booking deposit with PayPal. US$300.00 per person or US$375.00 per person (Inca trail + Huaynapicchu pass). Payments by PayPal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- Booking deposit required! Updated Availability: Click Here to Pay Online
- Final Payment: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice (for example, upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes) you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour.
- This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra items to be added. We can then adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you that week. You’ll need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6 % PayPal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- You must advise SAS Travel of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor. If you are over the age of 69, then you will need to present us with a current medical certificate as Lares trek goes to 4600 masl. (2,3 days acclimatization days previous this trek is highly recommended and also a good physical condition is strongly advised ).
- 2.- You must advise your guides if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in that moment so he can resolve any problems as soon as possible.
- 3.- If you get vertigo we do not want to climb Huayna Picchu for any reason then indicate No in the reservation format and write this in the comments section. (Limited spaces so Book from 5-4 months in advance. If Huaynapicchu mountain passes are sold out, Montaña walk is an alternative.
- 4.- You must carry your original passport and valid ISIC card (if applicable) on the trail, If you do not take the correct original passport as indicated in your permit, the control will annul your permit and refuse you entrance to the trail. If for any reason, you organize a new passport after we have purchased your permits, you must bring the old passport with you, or if this is impossible advise us in writing with a scan of the old passport and your new passport for us to present to the INC with official documentation to avoid problems. Administration charge for this formal change is (US$ 15 pp). (Group Service with minimum of 6 Passengers).
- 5.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the park itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card or International Teachers cards are not accepted by the control.
- 6.- We include in this trek a 6 kilos for porterage for your camp belongings (Mattress,sleeping bag and personal clothes, a duffle bag is provided) due to the strenous nature of the trek but if you will require more let us know. If you have no experience in high altitude trekking please hire more porterage. This is a serious requirement and 3 kilos more is only US$30 for the entire trek so well worth it.
- 7.- Please note Hostel Viajeros is not a 3 star hotel but is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are wanting alternative accommodation this can be organised, these are some upgrade options and the corresponding supplemental cost based on double occupancy see Recomendations. Please let us know of this request at the time of booking.
- 8.- CANCELATION MADE BY CLIENT:
- A.- Cancelation of the tour once you have paid a deposit and received a confirmation incurs in the loss of the booking deposit. (US$ 200.00) per person. Non-refundable booking deposit.
- B.- Cancelation of tour within 45 days to 31 days before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost...
- C.- Cancelation of tour within 30 days to 8 days before departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost...
- D.- Cancelation of tour within 7 days - 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost...
- E.- Cancelation of tour within 48 hours of departure incurs a loss of total tour cost...
- 9.- However if you are unable to participate on this tour we can organize an alternative tour to visit Machu Picchu joining your group and utilising your train tickets and entrance, completing the tour as normal from Aguas Calientes (Day 3 and 4, Train to Aguas Calientes, Night in a Hostal, bus to Machu Picchu, Guided tour, Lunch at Aguas Calientes and Train return to Cusco.
- 10.- Change of dates is only possible if the group is still left with more than a minimum and the train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance have not been finalised. US$ 25.00 is charged.
- Change of dates when train tickets have been finalised incurs a further fee as Peru rail also charges for changes of dates. This administration charge of US$20.00 per ticket in this case is incurred. At times a change of date may only be possible in an upgrade to a higher standard carriage and so the difference in price would need to be paid additionally.
- 11- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter and mule will be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are paid at the expense of the passenger. If you fail to complete the tour due to illness we will assist you to meet with your group at Machupicchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund from the original payment, however we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be used to present to your travel insurance company.
- 12- SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 13.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 14.- Lares trek is recommended in dry season (From April to November. Unexpected rain can cause snow falls causing difficult trekking conditions and possibly closure of the pass. In the case of snow falls SAS Travel cannot be held accountable for the need to take an alternative route. You would also need good quality trekking boots and equipment to protect you against snow related conditions, cold and glare. In extreme cases when “Lares trail to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons SAS Travel can replace your trek with an alternative trek such as 5 Day Choquequirao trek and your booking deposit money will be used for this or if you prefer an alternative tour such as 5 Day lake Titicaca package or Jungle trip etc to give you some of the many options.
- 15.- We strongly recommended to organize a Travel Insurance. Eg: (Nomade Travel Insurance).