Very Important: Rains and Flooding Across Peru
The Government of Peru continues to assess the effects from unseasonably heavy inland rains
and associated flooding along the coastal areas of Peru. Rains are expected to continue for few
more weeks. The most widespread, severe effects are in the northwest of the country, in the
regions of Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, and La Libertad.
More concentrated incidents of flooding, mudslides, and inundated roads and bridges have occurred
around Lima and the Ica Region. Some roads in the central highlands, especially in the regions of Ancash
and Junin, have experienced travel delays and disruptions. Areas in the south of the country around Cusco
and Arequipa have been affected less severely by the rains than areas farther north. Our Tours and treks in Cusco have not been affected at all, the trains are running as normal, tours visiting sites and we don´t have delays neither cancelations of our trips.
Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machupicchu, Puno, Floating Islands 7 Day Package.
Last Minute Information
- DAILY DEPARTURES !! (2 persons Minimum) Twin or Double share.
- Permits are AVAILABLE. Single Supplement for solo traveller US$ 140.00
- Permits for Machu Picchu citadel and train tickets are AVAILABLE... You must book online and pay a booking deposit immediately... so we can guarantee your spots. For high season (May to October, 4-3 months in advance.) (Low season (November to April, 2-1 months in advance.)
- ENJOY THE WALK TO HUAYNAPICCHU.- Huayna Picchu mountain is the large mountain that sits directly behind Machu Picchu citadel, the walk takes 2 Hrs For many trekkers, climbing Huayna Picchu is one of the highlights of a visit to Machu Picchu. lf you are booking for high season and Huayna Picchu permits have already run out then we can offer permits for an alternative walk to Montana Machu Picchu. (it takes 3-4 Hrs).
- HOW TO BOOK.- Choose your preferred Departure Date (Leaving Date) at the Calendar (left side) Fill in your details and group as requested and you will generate a reservation code Pay an online deposit of US$ 300.00 per person on Step 3 with Visa or MC or thru Paypal Or follow instructions below in Booking Information. For group bookings deposit (5-6 persons) you can transfer to our Bank in Peru. To receive more details please email to: [email protected]
Day 1 Arrive to Cusco, Transfer to Hotel Marqueses. Afternoon Cusco tour
Day 2 Sacred Valley tour Pisac, Train to Aguas Calientes. Accommodation.
Day 3 Full Day at Machupicchu return to Cusco. Hotel Marqueses.
Day 4 VIP Inka Express bus to Puno w Lunch Hotel Qalasaya.
Day 5 Floating Island tour. Night with a local family.
Day 6 Taquile island return to Puno Hotel Qalasaya.
Day 7 Transfer to Juliaca Airport or bus St. Flight to Lima.
What is Included:
- Reception and transfers from Cusco´s Airport
- 2 Nights in Boutique Hotel Marqueses Cusco.
- 2 Night in Hotel Qalasaya in Puno
- 1 Night with the Islanders in Amantani.
- Cusco and Inca Sites guided tour. 2pm to 6pm.
- Sacred Valley tour with Lunch in Urubamba.
- Machupicchu guided tour with Expedition Train.
- (Train Tickets,Bus tickets, Entrance fees for Machupicchu).
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes. Private room.
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner.
- Inka Express Bus Cusco to Puno. Lunch included.
- 2 Day Floating Islands tour
- Transfer to Airport at Juliaca.
What is not Included:
- Visitor Ticket USD$49 pp Entrance fees for Sacred Valley and City tour.
- Meals and drinks where not indicated.
- 28 soles entrance fees in trip to Puno.
- Flight Tickets.
- Travel Insurance.
We recommend that you bring:
- Your Original passport. (ISIC student card if you've booked as a student).
- Comfortable back pack.
- Water to drink (2 liters, no plastic bottles)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to March.
- Basic personal toiletries: Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, small towel, handky, Anti bacterial wet wipes.
- Hat or cap for the sun is essential, Sunscream with maximum UV Protection.
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (for Machu Picchu).
- Comfortable hiking boots, joggers or sturdy shoes.
- Money in cash soles or dollars. (ATM´s or cash machines and travellers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change.)
- Select the month and date and click on the Calendar the Departure Date (Leaving Date) of your preference. Then fill out with your personal details and details of your group. (If you are travelling as a couple, or with more persons you must book and pay with one reservation Code.) But please complete details of your companion on lines below: Travelling with: (write Full names, Passport number, Age and Nationality). Once you finish sending us all your details you will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001). Then you just need to pay your deposit online with Visa or MC on Step 3 (pay for 2 or more person in your group with ONE reservation code, so we can guarantee all your permits, tickets for Machupicchu, train tickets and tour all together in a group.)
- BOOKING DEPOSIT REQUIRED.- USD$ 300.00 per person.
- 1.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit ONLINE with VISA or Mastercard.- US$ 315 per person. (US$ 300+5% card fee). Payments by credit card will carry a surcharge of 5%.
- 2.- Pay on Step 3 a booking deposit with Paypal.- US$ 318 per person. (US$ 300+6% card fee. Payments by Paypal will carry a surcharge of 6%.
- 3.- WESTERN UNION: (No commission) Ask for details:
- OR for group booking and payments please contact: [email protected]
- FINAL PAYMENT: You must pay the full balance of your tour 1 month before the date of your tour departure using any of the payment options above. If you need to amend or add anything to your final confirmation invoice ie upgrade hotel Aguas Calientes etc you should contact us at least 6 weeks prior to the tour. This is done by responding to the email with your final confirmation and indicating any extra ítems to be added and then we can adjust your invoice accordingly and reconfirm the exact balance you need to pay by emailing you within that week. (you need to add the 5% credit card commission or 6% Pay pal commission or other fees depending on which payment method you choose.
Terms & Conditions
- 1.- Final Payment.- You must pay the balance of your tour in full on your arrival date to Cusco in our office, it is requested in US$ cash. US$ is easier to get from banks ot ATM, but if you choose to pay in soles the rate charged is generally 3.3 soles = US$1 You can withdraw US$ or soles from the many ATM machines. Generally more economic on debit cards. If a final payment is not made by 12 noon the day before any tour or service such as the Inca trail, the total balance will be charged to the credit card + the 5% commission.
- 2.- Cost of tour is based on Double occupancy ...single supplement cost additional for single travelers is US$ 20 per night so additional US$ 60.
- 3.- The student US$20 discount for use of student cards is regulated by the site and INC itself, not SAS Travel. All student ISIC cards are validated by the control of the park and only accepted if you scanned a clear copy of your valid 2011 -12 ISIC card through with your deposit at the time of booking and it was confirmed. A Youth Travel card is not accepted by the control.
- 4.- You must carry your passport and valid ISIC student card (if applicable) on the tour.
- 5.- Please Note: Hostel Viajeros in Aguas Calientes town is not a 3 star hotel but it is clean, safe and comfortable with a friendly and very helpfull staff. They have private Twin, Double and Triple rooms, with small private bathrooms and hot gas water system. Hostel Viajeros has one of the best locations in town, being very central at the foot of the bridge, only few blocks from Train and Bus Station and you don`t have to do anymore long uphill hikes to get to your room! It is about 10 minutes from the hot spring open pools.
- If you are wanting alternative accommodation this can be organized but must be organised at the time of your booking.
- IMPORTANT: You must present your passport with the TAM immigration slip to all hotel accommodations. The national sales tax (18%) is charged to all Peruvian citizens and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. In case the room is shared by both a taxable and non-taxable guest at the same time, the sales tax will be applied to the whole room. So please take every caution to not lose this piece of paper. You need to bring it to the Cusco office for your checkin.
- 6.- Changes to schedules or dates can only be made if there is availability in the alternative date and when train tickets have been finalised this incurs a furhter administration charge of US$10 per ticket. At times a change of date may only be possible with an upgrade and so the difference in price would also need to be paid.
- 7.- Please ensure you reconfirm your flights and advise us of any changes 2 days before package.
- 8.- CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENTS.-
- Cancelation of tour before bookings and train tickets finalised incurrs no fee in high season this is generally before 3 months in advance of departure.
- Cancelation of tour within 3 months and 6 weeks before departure incurs a loss of 10% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 6 weeks and 14 days before departure incurs a loss of 30% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 14 days and 5 days before departure incurs a loss of 50% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 5 days and 48 hours before departure incurs a loss of 70% of total tour cost,
- Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 90% of total tour cost,
- We can always provide you with a document to certify illness and present for your travel insurance.
- 9.-SAS Travel will take all reasonable care in providing service to our clients to avoid accident, illness, loss of personal property and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. SAS Travel cannot however be responsible for any action or event that was unforeseeable or unavoidable. We also cannot be responsible for improper acts by clients or other third party. You are totally responsable for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- 10.- SAS Travel does not take responsibility for additional costs due to unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the clients responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
- 11.- When paying the balance in Cusco, there will be a * 3% comission if you choose to use travellers cheques and a 5% comission for use of credit card.
- HOTEL MARQUESES INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS.-
- The HOTEL MARQUESES is great value in a prime safe location, only 1 and 1/2 blocks from the main plaza with a lovely colonial courtyard and refurbished rooms. It has an amazing history going back 400 years which is great for classic photos!
- All rooms are equipped with heating, security boxes, cable T.V and private bathrooms .
- Includes buffet breakfast and free shuttle transfer to and from the airport. Access to an English speaking staff person 24 hours a day.
- Marqueses Suite Twin or Matrimonial US$ 150.00
- De-Luxe Single US$ 90.00 De-Luxe Double or Matrimonial US$ 110.00
- De -Luxe Triple US$ 130.00
- Additional Bed US$ 30.00
- Standard Single Room US$ 60.00 Standard Double or Matrimonial US$ 90.00
- Standard Triple US$ 110.00
- Both Delux and Standard Rooms have private bathrooms with 24 hour hot water. Delux rooms have shower and bath and the rooms are very spacious with much more natural lighting and character. They are located in the front courtyard area.
- For those celebrating special occaisions, (maybe a Honeymoon) reserve “The Suite” - Valued at $150 for 2 persons … tastefully furnished spacious rooms !
- The professional staff guarantee you a wonderful, safe and unforgetable visit to Cusco.
- To receive your free transfer from the airport please advise us of the full arrival details at least 3 days before arrival. Please send your flight arrival details (TIME / AIRLINE / FLIGHT #:/ DATE) to us once you have confirmed your flight. We need this information at least 3 days in advance. If you have any last minute flight changes ring (84 from Lima ) 264249 or if international use with country code (+51 84) 264249
- Please note . Even though there are many people waiting around the airport trying to sell tours or hotels on your arrival…we do not have a Marqueses representative inside the airport except for the SAS transfer driver.
- The SAS driver waits for you outside the arrival area with the SAS logo or Marqueses logo on a sign.
- Checkout time is 10.00 am but you are welcome to leave luggage in storage for as long as you like! Breakfast can be served from 05.30 am to 10:30 am
- Reconfirmation of domestic flights is a free service but please give the reception the details of your flight at least 2 days in anticipation so it can be reconfirmed and your shuttle transfer to the airport organised for you. We need your airline flight # and reservation code if you can find it. With Lan Peru flights you can do an online checkin select your seats and print out your boarding pass to allow your transfer to the airport to be organised for only 1 hour in advance. Otherwise with other airlines or without your boarding pass check in for domestic flights is required just under 2 hours before departure so we would need organise the transfer to the airport for around 2 hours before your flight time. Without the information in advance we may not be able to accommodate your transfer to the airport so please ensure you advise reception of your details early in your stay.
- If you are feeling exceptionally ill for the altitude or any other health issue we generally contact Cusco Medical Assistance located in Av La Paz phone :224016 or 224178 and they work directly with people travel insurance to make things a bit easier.
- Please note all rooms in the hotel are considered a smoke free zone. The open Colonial courtyard is the only area which is permitted for smoking to protect the art and historical items of the building. Please feel free to use the book exchange in the second patio.
- If you are unsure of anything that cannot be clarified easily through the hotel,
- You can also ask Reception to contact Robyn to assist in English at any time.
- FAILURE to contact the hotel at least 48 hours in advance to inform of a cancellation will result in a no show which authorizes the charge of the first nights accommodation. For bookings in June July and August cancellations must be confirmed at least 4 days in advance to avoid cancellation fees. (+51 84) 264249
- In the case of a booking that reserves more than 3 rooms (ie group) a cancellation must be received by the hotel 5 days in advance to avoid a no show charge.